Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:59:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 99% of the people still think that fiat money are better than crypto  (Read 3281 times)
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:37:26 AM

I was talking with a friend of mine about cryptocurrencies and he said: "Cryptocurrencies are anonymous?Nothing on the internet is anonymous.Having a bunch of dollars or euro in the pocket is the most anonymous way to store money. Grin"
Damn,now i think that he is right and fiat money are still way more convenient ,despite all the inflation,banks monopoly and control.From my personal experiense 99% of the people refuse to believe in bitcoin and refuse to adopt it in their daily life.Any opinions?

As far as I am concerned, what we have right now is the freedom of choice as there is a new form of money we can use for many intent and purposes...meaning we are not anymore limited with the fiat money. Personally speaking, I have no problem with the fiat money and there is no need to say that it would soon die because there will always be many people who can not use new technology and we have to respect them for their choice. Can you just imagine a woman who is already 85 and you insist that she should be using the crypto form of money instead of the paper bills she might have in her purse? That would tantamount to be an insult.

There is no need to choose one over the other because both have advantages and disadvantages and that is a big reality we have to accept in life: there is no perfect invention ever and all are subject to change that is why we always say that there is always some room for improvement. We have to remember that there is no law or any moral code for that matter dictating that we should be prioritizing the digital form of money over its printed counterpart. In other words, we can have both and I think this is quite true with all people here in the Bitcoin community. We have Bitcoin and we also have the traditional paper money. No need to dismiss one in favor of the other one.

Great point. I agree. Fiat is still a more reliable medium of payment and investment compared to cryptocurrencies. That is the reason why many are still more comfortable and believes in it as well. I think for us who believe in the new age currency cryptocurrencies are offering, there is nothing wrong with some people siding on the negative because there will always be people like that. I think as more and more changes are brought about by the cryptocurrency market, it would also insight change to so many people.

princesspoppy

Activity: 634
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:43:05 AM

I think bitcoin has also its disadvantages and only fiat money can fulfill that disadvantage. Some people can't be force to use cryptocurrencies for the reason that some of them do not really know what bitcoin is, and some may know and are using it but still as what I've said earlier, bitcoin has its disadvantages and one of them is that, it can't be use anywhere, anytime. Transactions with the use of bitcoin can't be done without internet and also it can't be use in daily lives just buying a piece of something in a grocery store. Fiat on the other hand can be used in that instead of crypto. Also people who doesn't have gadgets like beggars and poor people can't afford to use bitcoin/altcoins as a currency, even old people, it would be hard for them to use it as well.
0t3p0t

Activity: 1568
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 10:07:56 AM

I was talking with a friend of mine about cryptocurrencies and he said:
"Cryptocurrencies are anonymous?Nothing on the internet is anonymous.Having a bunch of dollars or euro in the pocket is the most anonymous way to store money. Grin"
Damn,now i think that he is right and fiat money are still way more convenient ,despite all the inflation,banks monopoly and control.From my personal experiense 99% of the people refuse to believe in bitcoin and refuse to adopt it in their daily life.Any opinions?

This depends on how we understand things. Different people in different races with different perceptions and principles in life. As an individual living in poverty I myself seek for financial freedom and fiat never ever give us the chance to have it instead it lead us to debt while in cryptocurrency they are fast in international transactions, we can even reach the moon and the sun with the tokens/coins we had in a little effort and patience for as long as our hands aren't weak. Though fiat money is still way more convenient of course we can't deny it because fiat is stable but still not safe from tax to those who has allergy on it and also  governments will of course hunt you and let you explain about the secret stash of wealth if they'd traced it since it is a centralized asset. Therefore, having both assets is wise.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:11:54 AM

"Cryptocurrencies are anonymous?Nothing on the internet is anonymous.Having a bunch of dollars or euro in the pocket is the most anonymous way to store money. Grin"

It is no denying that fiat still has better feature than bitcoin. Unlike fiat, bitcoin needs transaction fee and cannot be instantly used. Fiat is still more convenient as a form of payment. But I think fiat and bitcoin are very different with each other, bitcoin is more like an asset while fiat is really meant to be use a  mean of buying and selling. I think there is no need for bitcoin and fiat to be compared, they are can actually go alongside with each other. Bitcoin has still fearures to develop and to advance, and the limitations it has must be covered by fiat.
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:56:39 AM

I do think that the reason fiat wins is because it's constant and doesn't require internet or Anything else.
You can go around the world with fiat without any power supply or anything but you cannot afford to do so with cryptocurrencies because

It's not acceptable everywhere
It needs a constant internet supply
It's price is highly volatile

These kind of things makes people believe that fiat is the winner it's not their fault we do need to solve these issues first.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
Satry

Activity: 190
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:49:26 AM

I believed, the most convenient use no other than is fiat money. Crypto is generate only on internet and we know that, for now it is helpful to us because it can easily to transfer money, it also easy to paying bills and other country they can also shop online here in crypto but the fees is too high and the problem is what if the internet has been turned off or there's no signal in the store that is why fiat is the most convenient use no matter have internet or not we can use mode of payment our traditional fiat and it has no fee. And its true that 99% of people wants to use fiat because not everyone here in this world also appreciate the modern technology.
rosepetals

Activity: 650
Merit: 100

Financial aid for users: https://bit.ly/2SMY8gi

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:29:49 AM

Yes thats true fiat is more convenient to use for individual or in a place that bitcoin is not famous and its not widely known because if its not known in that place there will be no merchants that accepts it and no one can do transactions if people has no knowledge on it..but if all people will  know bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies that already exist nowadays and they will know the benefit of digital currencies in our lives im sure they will prefer to use bitcoin as a currency to use in  their daily lives.

adiksau0414

Activity: 448

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:52:38 AM

I am still using fiat in my everyday use and i belong to the what you said 99% that fiat is still better than cryptocurrencies. Fiat is always fixed in monetary value while the cryptos are not, very unpredictable. But not all of that 99% dont believe in bitcoin. Bitcoin is still use as their trading to make or earn money. It is that not all the country  is accepting bitcoin. That is why traditional fiat money is always the priority ro be used in transactions.

Yurkov

Activity: 1463
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:59:31 AM

Cryptocurrencies were created only a few years ago. It's still something new for most people. They need access to the internet to make payments and access is not everywhere. It takes time and wise solutions to get cryptocurrencies into common payment system. For now, fiat money is better for everyday use.

machinek20

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:49:45 AM

Fiat money can be used in all places in a country, bitcoin cant be used everywhere, that is the one that making fiat money more efficient, but if you want to do transaction to another country then the best way without converting is through crypto, crypto offered a new way of payment and it is so easy to used, if bitcoin can be spend everywhere I think people will used crypto for payment
Protected101

Activity: 210
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:39:29 PM

We can used fiat in our everyday living ,using it anywhere we go and anything we want to buy.Fiat is our traditional money that we used anything and anywhere we want to be.Cryptocurrency are made to be born to make our transactions easy I think 50/50 by people who's in favor in crypto and fiat .Both of them are better, there features that differentiate them like in crypto we can earn money by benefits of them doing trading ,holding bitcoin for a long term.Sooner or later bitcoin will be implement as a payment system in every country if the government will not banned it.
Superturacoin

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:04:21 PM

We can used fiat in our everyday living ,using it anywhere we go and anything we want to buy.Fiat is our traditional money that we used anything and anywhere we want to be.Cryptocurrency are made to be born to make our transactions easy I think 50/50 by people who's in favor in crypto and fiat .Both of them are better, there features that differentiate them like in crypto we can earn money by benefits of them doing trading ,holding bitcoin for a long term.Sooner or later bitcoin will be implement as a payment system in every country if the government will not banned it.
Fiat money one of the most important in our daily routine we can used this to buy foods and fare to the vehicles it is our tradition in a country . We officially used this to expense those things that we like to buy. While in crypto it is usually make to transact in easiest way. Both are efficient but crypto for now cannot be used in payment as our daily routine. For sure time will come crypto currencies is the future, but for me crypto and money are both useful.

TowerBee.io      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ICO > on our exchange TowerX   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Basmic

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:36:31 PM

100% of people use Fiat. Even the biggest supporters of the cryptocurrency forced to change their coins for Fiat to make purchases in stores. So Fiat money has more support. It seems to me that cryptocurrency is still very young to compete in popularity with Fiat.
PalindromemordnilaP

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 03:46:20 PM

We can not force them to think that way between bitcoin and fiat because there are really disadvantages in bitcoin that fiat doesn't have just like when you want to do bitcoin transaction and it suddenly goes offline. Unlike fiat, you can still do transactions even if there is no  internet connection.

camito

Activity: 301
Merit: 3

DAEFROM.com

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:13:09 PM

Well, can't blame them. Fiat money is widely accepted and can be easily use, it is the most simple way of doing transactions while in using digital currencies, we need to have gadgets in order to use it and it is somehow complicated to use especially to people who do not have knowledge in what crypto is and how to use it. Well it's their choice and they are comfortable with that, if we like to use digital currencies, then let's use it, it's our choice just like their choice of using fiat money rather than digital/crypto currencies.

───[  DAEFROM  ]───
─────────────[  Stable PoW Platform Based On Ethash Protocol With Its Own Features ]─────────────
───[  DAEFROM.COM  ]──
kevin go

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:42:14 PM

Fiat currencies are here from thousand `s of years. People are using it for generations. Fiat currencies are the most easy and convenient and fastest way of settling a transaction. It requires no infrastructure. No internet connectivity no gazettes are mandatory for trade. Transaction can take place anywhere even on moon. Digital currencies on the other hand require sophisticated, internet backed gazettes that is why trade is not possible at any part of the country. So what 99% people are thinking is absolutely right, no currency can took place of fiat currency.
supandi wiharja

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

Earn crypto for being contacted

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:02:41 PM

At first i thought so, because now fiat is much better.
The community's belief in crypto is still small and even many people in my area do not know what a digital currency is.
We can not force everyone to enter the crypto world, because it's their right.
and We all don't know what will happen in the future, what may digital currency will replace the fiat?
We'll see, because what happened might be best for all of us.

Gabito04

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:30:47 PM

How did u come about that figure of 99 percent?.....The obvious fact is that Fiat money is quite convenient presently because the world generally and developing countries have not really explored the limits of technology..However, in years to come Fiat money would probably be gone or atleast it wont make sense to carry cash around...only thing i cant say for sure is that the current structure of cryptos and its security problems might not make it replace Fiat money in the coming years.
GhostOfWar

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:34:13 PM

Yes, to keep money in fiat probably in some ways safer, but not profitable. If you do not invest, they will sooner or later eat inflation. People saw the increase in a record-short time showed bitcoin and began to take it more seriously, so many serious investors joined in. If I was asked: how to deal with free money, leave in fiat, put it in a bank account, put it into some business or crypto, I would choose crypto. I like to monitor companies, recently there are a lot of good projects that can really change the world and certainly bring you a considerable profit.
xuv500

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:16:01 PM
Merited by burner2014 (1)

Agree with your point in terms of transactions and legal terms in your country, but disagree with that when comes to safety and growth.

Mentioned some advantages and disadvantages of fiat and crypto.

Fiat advantages: Transactions can be done any where and no restrictions. Can be exchanged with minimal charges if converted to other country currency.
Fiat disadvantages: Paper currency can be spoiled or burnt, can be stolen, risk when taken out in large amount, idle money is stagnant and cannot grow.

Crypto Currency advantages: Safe and secured, speedy transaction, cannot be stolen, peer to peer, maintain secrecy in transfer and transactions, crypto grows upto 300% when it is idle.
Crypto disadvantages: Cannot do transactions everywhere, cannot do anything if internet not available. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: