Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:29:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 99% of the people still think that fiat money are better than crypto  (Read 3281 times)
Whitly

Activity: 668
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:39:01 PM

I think in something your friend is right, crypto anonymously till you not trying to out. Not secret that most of exchangers are asking to provide customers information about themselves when you trying to cashout btc or another crypto, so yes I prefer cash. But from other side, it's really good when you to transfer large amount and you won't explain from where you got all tho money.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
slyfox

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:29:44 AM

I was talking with a friend of mine about cryptocurrencies and he said:
"Cryptocurrencies are anonymous?Nothing on the internet is anonymous.Having a bunch of dollars or euro in the pocket is the most anonymous way to store money. Grin"
Damn,now i think that he is right and fiat money are still way more convenient ,despite all the inflation,banks monopoly and control.From my personal experiense 99% of the people refuse to believe in bitcoin and refuse to adopt it in their daily life.Any opinions?
And why do we care? It is not like people have believed in something and have been proved wrong right? Like when people believed the earth was flat and then it was demonstrated that it is not, the amount of people that believe in something does not make them right, having the truth in your side makes you right.
TurboRyzen

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:42:48 AM

I personally for personal reason like that so many people still don't take it serious. I want to collect as much as I can before they do.
meliodas

Activity: 742
Merit: 329

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:43:56 AM

"Cryptocurrencies are anonymous?Nothing on the internet is anonymous.Having a bunch of dollars or euro in the pocket is the most anonymous way to store money. Grin"
Damn,now i think that he is right and fiat money are still way more convenient ,despite all the inflation,banks monopoly and control.From my personal experiense 99% of the people refuse to believe in bitcoin and refuse to adopt it in their daily life.Any opinions?

People chose to work hard to earn fiat rather than surfing the internet and learn everything about crypto. If that is their choice then let's just respect them, it's them who handles it after all. They chose to have fiat because they don't have enough idea and knowledge about crypto. Not everyone are capable enough to understand crypto currency.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $| 
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
AlexandrMac

Activity: 64

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:52:30 AM

Hi guys. It was too new for me. Some time ago i start speak a lot with different people, and it was surprise that many people think about cryptomoney like about something different then money. Come on now 2018 year. From first crypto transaktion past so much years. When money will be second in people head it just question of time. Cryptomoney is that kind of virus that change all in body of economy of the world.
Sorry for my english, it is my first post in this language)
marilyngroom

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:56:58 AM

Of course I prefer crypto, so I think it's better. I do find it difficult to talk about with others. They just simply do not understand it, so don't bother.
jaocoincrypto18

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:42:47 AM

At the present time, fiat will be much better than crypto, but in the future, digital money will grow and monopolize the money market, Things like fiat. And then, the crypto would really be better than fiat many times

This is possible to happen but only in a rich and less populated countries but in the 3rd  world countries this is impossible becuase not all people knows how bitcoin will work especially most of the people living in there are poor of education which is vital to the digital technology therefore it is impossible for digital currencies to replace fiat.
scorilo

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:46:00 AM

There's a saying in my country that goes like this "what's in your hand it's not a lie" so fiat is still better because is more traditional, it's more accepted, you can see it and hold it in your hand when ever you want. Maybe when cryptos atm will be world wide spread ppl will fell more open to crypto
gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:44:08 AM

it was just an issue on bitcoin anonymity, not the bitcoin value itself. what your friend's pointing is the practicality of fiat versus bitcoin. it is true that cash on pockets are easy to spend than bitcoin, because bitcoin is not yet being accepted by many stores. anonymity of bitcoin i think in terms of identifying its user or holder is untraceable, not unless you put in exchange sites, that anonymity diminished, maybe the process of exchange breaks the anonymity of bitcoin, once you convert it to cash and spend it or buying stuff from the internet where you put your address where it will be delivered. try to buy a car in the internet using bitcoin then show it to your friend, maybe he will believe in bitcoin's value and use. it is a virtual money intended for virtual buying.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Sasuke102001

Activity: 280
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:10:54 AM

Just 99% I would say the number would be like 99.99% people still consider fiat money over cryptocurrency because there's q reason. The reason is still many places do not accept cryptocurrency as payments, many  governments don't accept bitcoin to be legal method of transaction so people are just left with fiat money to buy their stuff so at this current date fiat is still more convenient than cryptocurrency.
heninur

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:18:49 AM

I think they think like that because they do not know how to use cryptocurrency, so they think it's easier to use fiat money, in fact I also consider it easier to use fiat money because I never tried to pay with crypto money. Regardless of the flaws and advantages of both currencies, probably not knowing how bitcoin works is one of the reasons why 99% of people still consider fiat money better than crypto.

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
Yarsk

Activity: 448
Merit: 122

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:58:48 AM

As a matter of fact it depends on the individual choice to me  I prefer bitcoin to faint paper money due to the fact that bitcoin give me the total freedom over my money and Doe's not need any third party involvement before I carry out any transaction and bitcoin transactions can be carried out any time any where, which is not so with the dollars and the rest of the government controlled currencies which does not give us total freedom to do transactions at our convenient.
Jose Mourinho

Activity: 533
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:43:28 AM

Many disadvantages of bitcoin compared with fiat money, for example are the price is too volatile, the dependence on the internet until the time of very long confirmation, can be imagined if everyone uses bitcoin then the transaction queue can reach thousands of miles

:

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
marites

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:07:02 AM

You are right. Because fiat money is the thing that they spend everyday or used alike.
They have no idea about crypto and what its value?
Toden1379

Activity: 246
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:23:41 AM

So out of 100 people that you asked, only 1 agreed with you? That's sad.  A lot of my friends are now investing in crypto. Currently, fiat money is still the best way to transact everyday. The advantage if bitcoin is that your money can grow faster if you use it as an investment. Fiat and Bitcoin go hand in hand.

EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWOR      EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25       
        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:48:05 AM

He is not wrong either. I'm into crypto since very long time but I hate the thing that crypto currencies are not making any truthful growth with their technology. What we did until now is just using them to trade, invest heavily, use them to pump dump the market and earn profits via such illegal ways and that's all. That is the actual identity of the crypot currency now and we can not do a thing about it unless and until the Devs of crypto do something.

Why do you think government are getting against the bitocin and whole crypto ? It's just because they want to see cleanliness in the use of fiat and don't want to give it any characters that are being held by crypto.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:45:43 AM

So out of 100 people that you asked, only 1 agreed with you? That's sad.  A lot of my friends are now investing in crypto. Currently, fiat money is still the best way to transact everyday. The advantage if bitcoin is that your money can grow faster if you use it as an investment. Fiat and Bitcoin go hand in hand.
That is the sad truth, fiat is still the best way to do transaction because it is an instant way of doing transaction especially if you are doing meetup transactions and it is also cheap in fees because you will be paying lower fees or even 0 fee to complete a transaction so i think that the cryptocurrencies are just better in terms of being an investment.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:23:13 PM

That is the sad truth, fiat is still the best way to do transaction because it is an instant way of doing transaction especially if you are doing meetup transactions and it is also cheap in fees because you will be paying lower fees or even 0 fee to complete a transaction so i think that the cryptocurrencies are just better in terms of being an investment.

Honestly, i don't believe that only 1% believes in crypto. Especially after the bitcoin run where it made the mainstream news. Of course the numbers still would be considerably less than those who believe in fiat but i'm sure our number grows every day.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..███████████████████████████████
nastaverba

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:25:50 PM

If humanity will always venture into unstable projects, our survival would be affected. When it is more stable many more people will venture  Grin
Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:58:39 PM

There is a huge number of people who still believe that paper money is better than that of cryptocurrencies and there is nothing which we can deny about this thing. It is because of the fact that still, there is only 1% of the population amongst the entire world who actually knows about bitcoin and other crypto currencies. Till the time, others will not get to know about it, they will always grade paper money as the best currency of the world.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: