Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:49:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 99% of the people still think that fiat money are better than crypto  (Read 3281 times)
Dragon5

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:57:23 PM

Considering the fact how many people have access to computers and the Internet in the world and can read, most of them have nothing to do with trading or innovative financial technologies. Most of them, especially ages 40+ (not always, but in the rule) have just accustomed to using credit cards and on-line bank accounts. And you're wondering why still the majority accepts only fiat money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
severaldetails

Activity: 959
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:20:00 PM

I was talking with a friend of mine about cryptocurrencies and he said:
"Cryptocurrencies are anonymous?Nothing on the internet is anonymous.Having a bunch of dollars or euro in the pocket is the most anonymous way to store money. Grin"
Damn,now i think that he is right and fiat money are still way more convenient ,despite all the inflation,banks monopoly and control.From my personal experiense 99% of the people refuse to believe in bitcoin and refuse to adopt it in their daily life.Any opinions?
With a bunch of dollars in your pocket you still have to meet somebody in order to get something. That person will probably see your face and the anonymity is gone again. With cryptocurrencies that problem is solved.
Another reason why most people stay with fiat: because most people stay with fiat! Humans are pack animals. And the average pack animal does not want to draw any attention. It does what most others do.
lienfaye

Activity: 2926
Merit: 629

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:32:58 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 09:19:21 PM by lienfaye

Considering the fact how many people have access to computers and the Internet in the world and can read, most of them have nothing to do with trading or innovative financial technologies. Most of them, especially ages 40+ (not always, but in the rule) have just accustomed to using credit cards and on-line bank accounts. And you're wondering why still the majority accepts only fiat money.
Thats true, this is not unusual as they cant totally trust the trend around the internet and cryptocurrency are one of them. They prefer to use the traditional fiat money rather than the virtual currency that is not well-established for them. It depends on the understanding of a person in this blockchain technology.

Cath0Vic

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

Dynatiq ICO BONUS 50%!

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 08:41:24 PM

Thats becouse the 99% dont understand the blockchain...

▰▰▰▰▰ DYNATIQ ▰▰▰▰▰
 DECENTRALIZED BLOCKCHAIN BASED  MARKETPLACE FOR DOMAINS AND WEBSITES
●●● https://dynatiq.com/ ●●●
DarkEagleMan

Activity: 84
Merit: 5

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:31:04 PM

"Cryptocurrencies are anonymous?Nothing on the internet is anonymous.Having a bunch of dollars or euro in the pocket is the most anonymous way to store money. Grin"
Damn,now i think that he is right and fiat money are still way more convenient ,despite all the inflation,banks monopoly and control.From my personal experiense 99% of the people refuse to believe in bitcoin and refuse to adopt it in their daily life.Any opinions?

I think it is natural for people to think that way, because it is difficult for them to trust in something they do not know. In fact I did not trust cryptocurrencies at first, and it took two long years before I got fully involved in this matter.

△ M!R△CLE TELE (https://miracletele.com/) ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY ▐
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:55:39 PM

Your friend have a point somehow but don't he even think that fiat money inside our pockets could be steal by anyone while bitcoins or other crypto can only be steal by the elite one (which are the hackers). Well, I understand if your friend, or the 99℅ of population, still choose fiat money over cryptocurrency simply because this is the conventional form of money that everyone know and maybe because they don't have deep understanding on the blockchain technology.

We can't blame them if they refuse to believe in crypto, it's their choice and we don't have the right to control it. I think the right thing we should do is to make them realized that crypto is also beneficial in its own way. Let's show them the convenience we get from it nd prove that this is not harmful for us, through this we can convince them to believe on it and also engage with it.
Iqram fahmisyi

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:08:32 PM

Why people doubt bitcoin? well because they have not yet been fully know about bitcoin, the beginning of her I also do not believe in bitcoin but after studying more in again about bitcoin, I started to turn to a world crypto.
farhaan

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:10:39 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2018, 04:46:25 AM by farhaan

People who start to believe in bitcoin are getting more day by day and if some people refuse to believe in bitcoin and like to continue with the traditional fiat system, then it seems that they lack fortune to enjoy the benefits of bitcoin.

Only people who have not understood the concept of bitcoin would consider fiat to be better.People who are not educated and don't know to use internet would feel comfortable in sticking to fiat currency.

Also,as there are no services or shops accepting crypto payments and so even if the user has crypto coins,he would have to convert it in to fiat to buy anything.So,they may think that fiat could be the better choice.

▄▄ ▀█▄▀█▄ ▄ ▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀  ███▀██▄▄▀
█████▀▀█ ██  ███ ██████▄▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄█ ██▌  ███▄▀██████▄▀
█████▀ ▀▄ ██▄  ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀
 ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▀▄ ▀██▄  ▀▀████████▐▌█
  ██████  ▀▄ ▀██▄▄   ▀▀▀▀▀ ▐▌█▀
   ▀██▀  ▄▄▀▀▄ ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ █▀▄
       ▄███▀  ▀█▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▀ ▀▄
       ▀██▀  ▄███  ▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▄ █▄
            ▄███  ▐██▌ ██▌ █▄ ▀
              ▀   ███  ███  ▀
ONSTELLAR   ▄████▄▄
  █████  █▄
 ▐██████████▄▄
 ▐███████████▀█▄
 ██████▀▀▀▀████▀
 █████           ▄▄▄▄                        ▄▄▄
▐█████▌       ▄▄███████        ▄▄████▄      ▀▀███
███████      ███████████      ████████▌       ███
███████▌    ███████▀▀▀███    ▐████   ▀▀
████████   ▐██████▌    ▀▀     ▀▀▀
█████████  ███████
▐█████████   ▀▀▀▀
  ▀██████▀
FROM THE PARANORMAL TO THE METAPHYSICAL
THE WORLD'S FIRST SOCIAL NETWORK
WHERE THE UNEXPLAINED LIVES...

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄█████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄███████████████████▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████▄
█████████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▀█████████████████
████████████████
███████████████ ████████████████
▀██████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▄██████████████▀
▀▀▀██████████████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀▀▀
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
TELEGRAM
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:49:16 PM

Indeed, it's easier to transact using fiat currency instead of using cryptocurrency, there is no record of the transaction between two people who transact using fiat currency (completely anonymous) unless you transact using the bank system. And the most important thing is, fiat currency is backed by the government, hence the value remains constant even though the value decreases over time due to inflation, but cryptocurrency fluctuates a lot which can cause a huge loss if the price suddenly crashes and fall through the floor.
Jingjess

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

The Pure Proof-of-Tansaction [POT]

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:05:45 AM

It's predictable at the moment. I think most of these people don't know much about cryptocurrency. This percentage will decrease when more and more people will find out and, most importantly, LEARN about Bitcoin.
We had to admit that majority thinks that fiat are better than crypto maybe because for them fiat is more convinient and we can use fiat in everything or we can use anywhere unlike crypto which is limited to use and not widely accepted as fiat.

azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:07:02 AM

Fiat money is used for centuries in many forms. Bitcoin is something that will create in time something new. We will use something like that in future, we saw in many SF movies that there are many form of money represent in future. Fiat money is something that most of people think is good and it fell good when they have it and many see bitcoin as something to invest not to use for buy/sell. Perhaps we will see in some time that this will change but for every major improvement takes time.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

zeaderza

Activity: 896
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:13:42 AM

Fiat money can be used in all places in a country, bitcoin cant be used everywhere, that is the one that making fiat money more efficient, but if you want to do transaction to another country then the best way without converting is through crypto, crypto offered a new way of payment and it is so easy to used, if bitcoin can be spend everywhere I think people will used crypto for payment
Fiat is better than cryptocurrency, it is the real money we make use of, and is widely accepted, not just everywhere, but by everyone. They can be used offline and online, and you can use them to buy whatever you need. When you buy Bitcoin, you make use of fiat, so that means that that is much better. Bitcoin is good, but you can’t compare it with fiat cause it’s an digital asset for the purpose of investment.
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:41:21 AM

I personally for personal reason like that so many people still don't take it serious. I want to collect as much as I can before they do.
One of the biggest hurdle which is causing this much of negativity of the bitcoin and other digital currencies in the world is the lack of knowledge and awareness amongst the people.

They have least knowledge regarding all the crypto currencies and they are unable to understand the real worth of crypto coins. This is the reason that majority of the population still thinks of paper money as more continent money.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:05:05 AM

Fiat money is used for centuries in many forms. Bitcoin is something that will create in time something new. We will use something like that in future, we saw in many SF movies that there are many form of money represent in future. Fiat money is something that most of people think is good and it fell good when they have it and many see bitcoin as something to invest not to use for buy/sell. Perhaps we will see in some time that this will change but for every major improvement takes time.
That's what it is Sci Fi Movies, which means the possibility of it existing in the real world is slim, looking at how we will go back to the barter system based on the latest sci fi movies seems to me a little bit unreal, the same can be said about virtual currencies which even though they exist virtually it still has value as of today. The problem here is why will we replace Fiat Currency even though it is still not a broken system? I don't even know why we are wanting the feature of anonymity? As if we are all hiding some dark secret to our own government. If we are really striving for a world were virtual currencies dominate I think it is the wrong time for Bitcoin to be King as currently there are better coins out there in terms of transaction speed and network fees, it is surely hurting the future were we want a good payment alternative outside of Fiat currency.
shawn995

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:09:14 AM

I am not sure that on which analysis you are taking that 99% people still in favor of fiat money. But yea i am sure that more then 60% are still in favor of fiat due to some reasons like still large population of the world are not knowing about crypto because cypto is still new in market and it will take more time to advertise itself like fiat money while also using of fiat money is some technical like there is involving of internet due to which more uneducated or backward people have no internet access or they are not able that how to use internet.
Xavieroz

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:15:07 PM

The most frequent error is to ensure that cryptocurrencies are anonymous. It is true that the operation and concept of the blockchain technology lends itself to asserting that its participating transactions and identities are anonymous, but the truth is that the vast majority of cryptoactive projects are pseudo-anonymous. By this we mean that all information about the processes of a blockchain are visible through browsers designed for this purpose.
panganib999

Activity: 1736
Merit: 589

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 01:30:47 PM

Which is somehow true, you can't teach the value of bitcoin to other people just let them learn about it by their own.
Your friend is right and besides how will he say that bitcoin has a value if it doesn't have that much of a use now a days.
Once the time comes that bitcoin is widely use then it will be more convenient to use it than fiat currency.
Time is most probably the reason why the percentage of fiat users are larger that those of using cryptocurrencies. Physical money or fiat has been here for more than a century. The technology that brought us the creation of digital currency is much younger than fiat money, but as the world adopt the changes behind the knowledge of man, several innovation and adoptions of modern technology will come to its time. So expect changes on your ratio as time goes by.
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:44:48 PM

people already trust fiat as their payment tool because fiat had more stable rather than cryptocurrencies even admitted or not some of us still use fiat even though we have bitcoin but we still use it constantly than bitcoin for our daily life but currently gradually people has more trust to have and use bitcoin and it's evidenced by the development of cryptocurrencies rapidly
Hans17

Activity: 390
Merit: 157

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:59:29 PM

To be honest that is true , but there is advantages and disadvantages of it. Through fiat it is centrelized instead on bitcoin is decentrelized. As you can see many people neglect and having a doubt to bitcoin because it uses for some illegal stuffs , and by the lack of knowledge people critize bitcoin. And my opinion one of the main advantage of bitcoin is it is annonymous.

[

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
komjhq

Activity: 588

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:18:18 PM

To be honest that is true , but there is advantages and disadvantages of it. Through fiat it is centrelized instead on bitcoin is decentrelized. As you can see many people neglect and having a doubt to bitcoin because it uses for some illegal stuffs , and by the lack of knowledge people critize bitcoin. And my opinion one of the main advantage of bitcoin is it is annonymous.
Anonymity Bitcoin, this is a very big nonsense. The fact is that today in the world there is an agitation about making the crypto currency not only accessible to the society, but also completely legalized. And this in turn already implies that, together with the Bitcoin implementation, the government will establish full control over all the crypto currency. Therefore, there can be no question of anonymity.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: