Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:18:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 99% of the people still think that fiat money are better than crypto  (Read 3281 times)
keeee

Activity: 574
Merit: 267

" Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back "

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:08:40 PM

I was talking with a friend of mine about cryptocurrencies and he said:
"Cryptocurrencies are anonymous?Nothing on the internet is anonymous.Having a bunch of dollars or euro in the pocket is the most anonymous way to store money. Grin"
Damn,now i think that he is right and fiat money are still way more convenient ,despite all the inflation,banks monopoly and control.From my personal experiense 99% of the people refuse to believe in bitcoin and refuse to adopt it in their daily life.Any opinions?
Different people have their own beliefs about bitcoin and crypto currencies. Some people believe that it is a blessing that can help them with their lives but some people think its only a scam that why they say that fiat money is better than crypto currencies. It is better for us to do some research first before ending to a conclusion without knowing its true meaning or use.

sserge009

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:52:31 PM

In paper money anonymity is much less in any case. You can always track the whole chain that the money has gone through. And they will be tied personally to the participants of the chain.
Most people on the side of paper money are out of habit. Paper money in circulation for centuries, and crypto only began to manifest itself.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Dainye_dyep

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:45:42 PM

"Cryptocurrencies are anonymous?Nothing on the internet is anonymous.Having a bunch of dollars or euro in the pocket is the most anonymous way to store money. Grin"
Damn,now i think that he is right and fiat money are still way more convenient ,despite all the inflation,banks monopoly and control.From my personal experiense 99% of the people refuse to believe in bitcoin and refuse to adopt it in their daily life.Any opinions?
Well, what your friend have stated was the real thing that was circulating in the world in terms of stating their opinions when it comes to cryptocurrency that although it was beneficial, it was still anonymous because it was clearly been worked into the online world where people are somewhat not true or real in different manner. Nowadays, within the cryptocurrency's rise, people still tend to trust fiat more that virtual currency because the trust was not still being strong build to formally start trusting on it.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:22:24 AM

Well we can't force you to like bitcoin or any other crypto currency, If you dont want to use it then we can't help that. Bitcoin is just an alternative way to pay transactions faster and secured or if you want to freely use your money without anyone controlling it or tracking it. Even if you dont use digital currency right now im sure in the future you will when it becomes legalized and accepted as payment globally.
Still, we are in a world where in cryptocurrency is not yet fully welcome all over the world especially Central banks that they know the price of cryptocurrencies can be manipulated by big whales, but still due to the stability of bitcoin a lot of people are getting interested in it due to the fact that one day it could be a million dollar worth.
The problem is 99% of the people do not know what you already know and that is what even makes it more interesting because you are more of an early adopter and we should be happy about that. A time will come when they will start realizing that they have missed so much and by then will start seeing how to be a part of it, when you are already swimming in profits, it is just time.

We need to start imagining the scenario where people start taking about bitcoins serious. It is always more like them asking each other where they have been when others were making the moves. Just the same question some of us are asking ourselves now where we have been when our mates were seeing the big picture back in early years of bitcoin. We are still in the adoption phase, the big guys are already seeing that and they are getting in, so we haven't seen anything yet.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
berungan

Activity: 124
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:32:20 AM

yes, the lack of knowledge about this digital currency makes people really prefer fiat currency as a daily transaction, and they think that it is more convenient and easier to use.
kiloiko

Activity: 339
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:01:05 AM

I love electronic money, they quickly and cheaply make transfers, they reliably keep the savings, they are convenient to pay in different outlets.
First I will like to tell you that Bitcoin is not the only thing that can be used electronically. Fiat has its own way of being used as electronic, like banks has mobile apps which enables their customers to send money quickly and also top up their phones.Fiat even has more advantages over bitcoin and is fully backed up as a real Currency. But Bitcoin is being backed up by just individuals, and be banned at any time. So I think Fiat is better than cryptocurrencies, though I like cryptocurrency very much.
jeluhtajem

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:54:02 AM

in my opinion, fiat money and money cryptocurency can not be equated
because both have different functions, logically, paper money is money that has a form and can be used in daily life, without the need for internet, and shipping costs
while bitcoins are, currencies that do not have physical characteristics, require internet and have transaction costs. takes time to make transactions
essentially because they have different functions and uses
Senkuli

Activity: 304

www.daxico.com

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:19:47 AM

For now maybe that opinion is true, most people still consider fiat currency more valuable and easy to use for daily transactions, people still feel comfortable holding fiat currency compared to cryptocurrency.
Bitcoin and cryptocurrency are increasingly popular today, many people have invested and used it, but people still use fiat currency in their daily lives.
Perhaps someday when all state governments in the world have legalized the use of cryptocurrency, made standard regulation about cryptocurrency, and all transactions can be done with cryptocurrency, people would be comfortable and feel safe to use cryptocurrency in all daily transactions.
All these things still need more time and development in the future.
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:28:30 AM

I think it is the high volatility that stops people to use more crypto currencies for payments.
And I must admit it is hard to explain to somebody why he should pay twice as much currency in crypto form today then he had to pay two months ago.
The explanation becomes even harder when the fiat price in that time did not change at all.

Even if it was the other way round and you only have to pay half as much today as you had to pay two months ago, people will find it difficult to understand.
In that case they will wonder why to buy at all, because in another two months the price will be even lower in crypto form.

It's me!!!
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 09:32:35 AM

We have our a freedom to choose between fiat and crypto. In your title you said that 99% of the people think that fiat are better than crypto. For me, I agree with this although I like crypto too. Crypto is not being used in most of the countries at this moment and what are they using as a way of payment? Fiat money. Fiat money is more reliable in terms of payment compare to crypto and one more, they trusted fiat way more than crypto because fiat has been existed many many years ago unlike crypto that is only 9 years.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:42:35 AM

It’s true that cryptocurrencies have come a long way since they had started and in this process they all have gained a huge amount of popularity among people and has resulted in increasing users through out the world. But still I do believe that fiat currency is better than the cryptocurrencies because firstly, fiat currency are way more popular than the cryptocurrencies. Then fiat currency are all regulated and are stable whereas cryptocurrencies are not regulated and are not stable.
Eugenar

Activity: 1274
Merit: 278

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:53:53 PM

Evryone has their own perception about a certain thing. Probably they are saying that fiat is better than crypto because it is less risky because cryptos are more likely to be volatile even if it is way more profitable. Also, Bitcoin is decentralized and is not legal to most of the countries unlike fiat. Maybe they don't know that much about crypto to conclude as such.
rudito

Activity: 275
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:00:24 PM

I guess that's because they do not know about bitcoin, so they think negatively. But if they already know that bitcoin is profitable, they will start believing and investing their money in bitcoin.
fredo123

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:16:09 PM

Educating cryptocurrency to younger generation will give them vast ideas about the difference between cryptocurrency and fiat currency. 99% of the people think that paper money is better than crypto as of now. But if you are highly educated about crypto's then we able to identify which is better, example for an instance, crypto defeats security measures against fiat currency. Central banks are fighting for money fraud because anybody can produce money but bitcoin is much highly secured because of its security features which is highly encrypted. Crypto currency is much advanced than fiat just like withdrawing a million worth of money from your account, surely you will undergo a sort of interrogations from bank personnel which entangles you to spend more time to transact. Unlike bitcoins, you can transfer your money in an instant.
illnino

Activity: 756

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:04:34 PM

Crypto currency is much more convenient than paper money, but it is much easier to track transactions via the Internet than the movement of paper money.     
GeniusAko

Activity: 434
Merit: 117

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:15:18 PM

The main reason why most of the people in our society are prefer to use fiat money is because their knowledge about digital money or the cryptocurrency is not enough. They are not aware to what bitcoin can do and also the purpose of the bitcoin in our society.
yrrehc16

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:19:46 PM

Those 99percent you are talking about is a too much high percentage of the population.
Those percent who thinks FIat is better than CRYPTO is those people who don't really have knowledge with crypto and not into the internet.
FIAT is better thanCRYPTO because FIAT can be pay to anyone and anywhere.
Emitdama

Activity: 1895
Merit: 328

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:41:08 PM

Well we can't force you to like bitcoin or any other crypto currency, If you dont want to use it then we can't help that. Bitcoin is just an alternative way to pay transactions faster and secured or if you want to freely use your money without anyone controlling it or tracking it. Even if you dont use digital currency right now im sure in the future you will when it becomes legalized and accepted as payment globally.
Still, we are in a world where in cryptocurrency is not yet fully welcome all over the world especially Central banks that they know the price of cryptocurrencies can be manipulated by big whales, but still due to the stability of bitcoin a lot of people are getting interested in it due to the fact that one day it could be a million dollar worth.

I somewhat disagree with what you mentioned about Bitcoin being stable. There are going to be many future events that will make Bitcoin more unstable than it already is.
Stability is not even supposed to be in bitcoin's dictionary anyway, unless we just have some powerful hands already in the system holding a larger share of it and bitcoin has gotten to a stage where it has been accepted hugely and globally in the mainstream sector where we use it daily and by then we should not always expect the present huge bull runs we are having now which is why the early adopters always win.
Emin90

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:39:50 PM

This is natural because a small number of people engaged in coins. To ensure that people have become more trusted coins they should know what it is and how it works. We're accustomed to paper money when the coins would be widely disseminated and accepted by many shops it will be very good.

Yurkov

Activity: 1463
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:37:56 PM

Most people just have no choice. Fiat money has been around for a very long time and the entire financial system is based on them. Cryptocurrencies are young and are only gaining markets and the community is small compared to fiat users.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: