Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:43:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Garr255/Werner - Auction shilling  (Read 23050 times)
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 07:09:11 AM

And in fact THIS is the Werner post with that timestamp (17:57:32):

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=236794.msg2517592#msg2517592

Sloppy work there Inaba!

Wait I think I heard my microwave bell... brb popcorn is ready!

I ran the screenshot from Inaba through fotoforensics.com
http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?id=920e738915e00c0dda24bc1fc373b24e59f1f704.238213

I leave as an exercise for the reader to interpret the results.  Grin

Error level analysis is useless for screenshots. If you're going to fake a screenshot, you use Inspect Element, not resaving the same image with Photoshop.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 07:52:45 AM

And in fact THIS is the Werner post with that timestamp (17:57:32):

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=236794.msg2517592#msg2517592

Sloppy work there Inaba!

Wait I think I heard my microwave bell... brb popcorn is ready!

I ran the screenshot from Inaba through fotoforensics.com
http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?id=920e738915e00c0dda24bc1fc373b24e59f1f704.238213

I leave as an exercise for the reader to interpret the results.  Grin

Error level analysis is useless for screenshots. If you're going to fake a screenshot, you use Inspect Element, not resaving the same image with Photoshop.

Probably true. Change the HTML via the console, use the browser to render the altered HTML, then screenshot it.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:33:00 AM

This is a very serious thing.

Bidding sockpuppets that pump up the price in auctions = robbing peoples money. It's an outright scam that cannot go unpunished.

Josh is raising a very serious accusation, and he presented proof. There are two options:

a) Josh faked the proof creating a filthy libel that cannot be tolerated. The accusation is too serious.
b) Garr is a scammer

In either case, my humble opinion is that this has to be looked into it thoroughly by the mods. We cannot allow dishonest people abusing honest folks, either by scamming money in auctions through sockpuppets, or by raising false and seriously defamatory accusations, faking proofs to support their statements.

I don't know if the "scammer tag" still exists, but I really cannot see how this situation could end up without either Josh or Garr being banned, applied a scammer tag, or whatever other measures there are on these forums to effectively protect honest people and make scammer's life a little bit more difficult.

Otherwise this forum becomes a joke, scammer's paradise, and I really hope mods don't want that to happen.

Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:35:24 AM

BTW, I've looked into Werner's post history and the fact is he really looks like a sockpuppet. He completely changes his writing style depending on the situation: some times he definitely writes as a non-native english, then he speaks perfect english, etc. And coincidentally he always support Garr's ventures, and coincidentally he always bids in Garr's auctions, but never win.

I don't think this is *definitive* proof. But please, mods, look into this thing seriously, for honest people is frightening to see how scammers go unpunished.

Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:47:32 AM

When you're right, you're right.

Inaba is pretty clearly telling the truth here I believe.

How could Garr be so stupid. Like he really needs some low post count random account to add another negative post. Mind blowingly retarded move by him.
Heathrow

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 09:58:51 AM

As in the other thread, I'll even let Maged remote into my machine and examine the still open browser window.

This is the kind of shit you get yourself and your company into when you behave like a fucking ass.  You are taking a huge shit on yourself and your company right now.  Stop fucking around on these forums and go try to do your goddamn job, you idiot amateur.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 10:02:13 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2013, 10:24:11 AM by TradeFortress

The mods do not need to remote control someone's computer or look at ELA of screenshots, theymos needs to just simply look for the deleted post.

Seriously, please investigate, there should be consequences for shill bidding or faking screenshots.
Nemesis

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 10:32:57 AM

Wow, i lost all respects for Maged.

What a dumb mod. As for scamming, yeah yeah wait until the victim to come forward..... this is why this forum is an heaven for scammers. Lazy moderations.
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 11:07:33 AM

The mods do not need to remote control someone's computer or look at ELA of screenshots, theymos needs to just simply look for the deleted post.

Seriously, please investigate, there should be consequences for shill bidding or faking screenshots.

This +10000. Please guys, don't let this become scammer's paradise.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 11:17:30 AM

Maged, I understand your skepticism considering Josh is an unscrupulous and unprofessional mouthpiece, but in this particular instance he is absolutely correct and I don't mind agreeing with him. When I made a trolling bet and didn't even bother trying to take anyone's money, it was considered as "an attempt to steal" even though such a thing can't even be proven, and I received a scammer tag followed by an "Untrustworthy" tag. Despite not trying to steal anything, I do agree that my actions were questionable and thus I don't defend them, I just hold my head in shame while paying people money that I don't even have.

If you defend Gar255 for his attempt to scam by rationalizing shill bidding as not being a scam, you're creating a double standard and removing any lesson I have ever learned from events that happened to me. Tread carefully.

Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 11:57:38 AM

Why would it be unethical to check Werner's post to see if it was edited? What am I missing here?
JordanL
Donator

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 12:04:22 PM

Bid shilling isn't a scam?  He's basically scammed a number of users out of BTC by bidding up prices on stuff.

You could even argue that he's scammed his Cognitive users by posting positive remarks about how awesome it and he is, since people assume it's a legitimate disinterested third party, not the same guy selling what he's selling.  That's almost by definition a scam.

Please don't make me agree with this asshole!!!!!!! He certainly seems to be correct in this case.
KarmaShark

Activity: 615
Merit: 554

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 12:34:03 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2013, 04:01:56 AM by KarmaShark

Embarrassed
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 12:40:06 PM

I personally agree that this is something bad, and that it should be looked into. I've always been against the notion of having sockies here, like I told theymos last time... Anyway, only theymos can do the checks here (barring Thomas Stefan of course). I'll PM and direct him to this thread.
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 12:54:41 PM

I thought Garr255 was a trusted member, after all he holds 250 BTC of the forum money... I hope the Werner account was never used by him (best to check past posts' IP/IP ranges and headers of both accounts (assuming he forgot to use a VPN at least once) if deleted posts do not provide enough information).

As for the victims coming forward - have they been notified of this thread / do they browse all sections often enough to stumble on one of the threads where posts with accusations against Garr255 are located?

Signature space available for rent.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 01:09:52 PM

I thought Garr255 was a trusted member, after all he holds 250 BTC of the forum money... I hope the Werner account was never used by him (best to check past posts' IP/IP ranges and headers of both accounts (assuming he forgot to use a VPN at least once) if deleted posts do not provide enough information).

As for the victims coming forward - have they been notified of this thread / do they browse all sections often enough to stumble on one of the threads where posts with accusations against Garr255 are located?

Being a "trusted" or "untrustworthy" member simply means that Theymos, a 21 year old who has various flaws and gaping holes in his own ethics, deemed it as such.

(e.g. meritless)

Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 01:17:56 PM

Hmm...

There is an option c here.

This might not be as black and white as people suspect.

But good thread for popped corn.

You might want to mention it considering Garr is currently bound by Josh not to defend himself, or risk losing his BFL shipment.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 01:50:06 PM

Why does Maged even post here with speculation at all, when all Theymos needs to do is check the post edit history? Hell, it's probably already been broadcast across RSS when he made the first post. I'm dumbfounded as to personal opinion, speculation and accusations need to enter something so seemingly cut and dry. Is it because Garr255 is a friend of Maged and he's trying to protect him? It certainly can't be that Maged thinks BFL and Inaba are dishonest, as he wouldn't have accepted payment from funds paid by BFL to false advertise here. Maybe it's all fake resistance to make it appear that the mods are objective of Inaba and not just on his payroll now.

Check the logs, Theymos, and we don't want to hear you say "oh well when matthew was misleading it was serious, but when Garr did it it was obviously a prank". /thread

buysellbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1001

https://www.zebpay.com

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 02:16:33 PM

I never understand Inaba and will never be able to justify his behavior on this forum..

BUT

This time I will have to take his side.. It is clear at the moment to me
1. I dont think Inaba is lying
2. I do not find any reason for Inaba to photoshop a screenshot in less than 5 minutes and oh dont forget he exactly chosen wender for the same...

But these are my opinion and I am not sure what mods will think.

In any case whatever happened is not good..

Cheers

Download Zebpay Fastest way to Buy / Sell Bitcoins in India
Transaction processing within one working day and best bitcoin rates | Recharge airtime & buy vouchers of Amazon, Flipkart, Domino's at great discounts
kibblesnbits (OP)

Activity: 557

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 02:27:47 PM

Hmm...

There is an option c here.

This might not be as black and white as people suspect.

But good thread for popped corn.

Option C would be that Inaba photoshopped the Werner post.  He then forced Garr255 under threat of canceling the order to admit that he is Werner, even though he (Garr255) is not.  Garr255 confesses under duress, not knowing that the Werner account makes him look like he's bid-shilling.   If option C actually happened, Inaba should quit BFL and work for the CIA.

ASICMINERTUBE

The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far
   ►►►   DISCOVER NOW !!!   ◄◄◄
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: