Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:49:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Garr255/Werner - Auction shilling  (Read 23047 times)
Darktongue

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 06:49:17 AM

You most likely deserve the title untrustworthy.

That is a bitch move.

So which is it? Am I untrustworthy or a bitch? Being a bitch doesn't make someone untrustworthy. What I can't take is the continued hypocrisy by mouthpieces who ignore common sense in place of their own agendas. If repeating that for all to hear makes me a bitch, bring on the dog food.

I know from personal experience your a bitch because instead of responding to my valid points a few days ago, you simply deleted my posts, then I reposted them and you deleted them again.  Then I had to post an entire new thread just to make my views known.  In that thread, others confirmed you were doing the same to them. 

But from what I can tell you got the untrustworthy tag by being a bitch to others.  Pulled some other bitch move by backing out of a bet that you publicly made?

Blah blah blah blah. .... The only bitch I see is the one gargleing pedophile cum while he slams wordz onto the screen with his man boobs he earned playing hours of WoW. See I can come up with some random ass bullshit that I'm sure to shit is going to piss you off.  Fact of the matter is your beating a dead horse.  I'd be pretty fuckin pissed if my posts wher deleted.  But serious shit here.  Why keep useing the bunked bet as ammo?  God damn I'm sure you have fuckin bet money you didn't pay.

Nobody lost but nobody gained so matt is a scammer who earned his tag.  You sir are the supreme allied commandrr of fuckin idiot

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 07:08:35 AM

But serious shit here.  You are the supreme allied commandrr of fuckin idiot
Hello, friend. I have added this quote (modified) to the compilation of off-color phrases I will prattle off when I am old and alcoholic. I am always testing new word combinations and sentence structures, but sometimes there are far superior combinations to be learned from others. Thank you for that.
jhansen858

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 07:40:14 AM

Actually, I apologise for my harsh words.  Its true that it did royally piss me off that my comments that took me many minutes to write were deleted as if throwing away a piece of trash.  But now that you know how I really feel about people who go on forums, emo rage into a purple jizz pool of unicorn cum about completely unreasonable shit and then delete any opinion that doesn't back them up, I feel much better now.

Hi forum: 1DDpiEt36VTJsiJunyBc3XtG6CcSAnsQ4p
jhansen858

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 07:47:11 AM

You most likely deserve the title untrustworthy.

That is a bitch move.

So which is it? Am I untrustworthy or a bitch? Being a bitch doesn't make someone untrustworthy. What I can't take is the continued hypocrisy by mouthpieces who ignore common sense in place of their own agendas. If repeating that for all to hear makes me a bitch, bring on the dog food.

I know from personal experience your a bitch because instead of responding to my valid points a few days ago, you simply deleted my posts, then I reposted them and you deleted them again.  Then I had to post an entire new thread just to make my views known.  In that thread, others confirmed you were doing the same to them.  

But from what I can tell you got the untrustworthy tag by being a bitch to others.  Pulled some other bitch move by backing out of a bet that you publicly made?

Blah blah blah blah. .... The only bitch I see is the one gargleing pedophile cum while he slams wordz onto the screen with his man boobs he earned playing hours of WoW. See I can come up with some random ass bullshit that I'm sure to shit is going to piss you off.  Fact of the matter is your beating a dead horse.  I'd be pretty fuckin pissed if my posts wher deleted.  But serious shit here.  Why keep useing the bunked bet as ammo?  God damn I'm sure you have fuckin bet money you didn't pay.

Nobody lost but nobody gained so matt is a scammer who earned his tag.  You sir are the supreme allied commandrr of fuckin idiot

Hey I never said he was a scammer.  I simply said he got his tag for pulling a bitch move.  Sorry to pull that one out, but I didn't know that was old news.  I just read about it the other day after getting deleted.  As long as he doesn't delete any more of my posts, then I'll take back my words.  Like I say, everyone gets a second chance in my book.  Just not a third.

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 07:52:48 AM

Maged, may I ask if Garr is your friend? You seem to be overprotecting him.

Why you insist on the fact "you need a victim"? The victim already spoke, he said he feels he was scammed, but as he paid 63BTC for a miner he's fearful of making too much noise and be scammed of those 63BTC too. Isn't that enough?

One of many posts:

Well at this point I just want my unit. The rest i will worry about then. Since Josh is here and is semi involved if he would be willing to redirect the one unit I bought from gar255 to me id have no problem going to theymos and maged about this, but at this point id much rather have a unit and loose 2 coins then have no unit and loose 63coins

Then, I cannot believe someone is suggesting for Garr to pay back so we can "forget" about this. Paying back after being caught does not cancel the offense, and this is serious. As Bruno pointed out if Werner is Garr sockppets something really fucked up is going on the mind of that kid, he write a post about how trustworthy he is and immediately after he logs with the Werner account to pump the price of his auction up. That's sick.

I really don't see how the final outcome of this could not be a scammer tag or a ban for either Josh or Garr.

jhansen858

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 08:06:21 AM

So if matthew pays his bet he wouldn't deserve to get his tag at least "reviewed"?  Or do tags stick for now until the end of time?  If you get someone doing something shady to come clean, make the people whole, isn't that a good example to set?  If there is nothing to gain by coming clean and fixing the problem, then why even bother.  He might as well just go big and go out with a bang.

Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 08:10:17 AM

Hi all,

First, I apologize for taking too long to attempt to resolve this situation. I've been extremely frustrated with myself all day. I have been regretting what I have done since the moment I did it.

I hereby confess to bidding up my own auctions using the "Werner" forum handle. This is despicable, I know. I did this out of pure greed. Scamming anyone was not the priority, getting a few extra measly bitcoins for Cognitive's auction was my goal. I have always acted in the best interest of Cognitive, because I know, believe, and practice my fiduciary duty which comes as a result of handling others' assets. I want everyone to know that I will continue doing my best to run the company, the same as I always have. My track record on the forum has been flawless before this incident, and that's what hurts me most. I'm disgusted with myself when people are questioning whether they can trust me now.

Although some may view this as a petty offence (as I did previously), I do not any longer. As an attempt to at least partially make up for my wrongdoing, I am offering each of the participants in the auction, starsoccer9 and Vezunchik, BTC5 of my own personal funds, which more than makes up for the financial loss due false bids in the auction. I realize that what I have done is unacceptable, and I do deeply regret it.

Being an optimist, I can't help but try to take something positive away from a given situation. I believe that because of this incident I will make an effort to be that much better of a person. Everyone who I have interacted with aside from these auction participants, and Josh Zerlan (Inaba), would agree with me when I tell you: I strive to be a person of high moral conduct.

I apologize to everyone for letting greed get in my way. I know trust takes ages to build, and a few posts to destroy. I hope that everyone will acknowledge my past, and see that I have never acted in an externally malicious way, and have always been transparent, friendly, and courteous in all of my dealings with fellow forum members. Know that I am a man of my word: when I say I will do something, I do it. I regret bidding up the auction greatly. Please know that I have never scammed anyone nor have I stolen anything. I have done tons (probably well over 100) transactions of physical items with users of this forum and not one has gone sour. In most of them the other party was the one who had to trust me.

Again, I sincerely regret what I have done and I apologize for doing it. The small sum of bitcoins I gained from this (until I pay the auction bidders back) was certainly not worth the tarnished reputation. Never again will I allow myself to do something so crooked.

Sincerely,
Garrett

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
jhansen858

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 08:14:55 AM

Hi all,

First, I apologize for taking too long to attempt to resolve this situation. I've been extremely frustrated with myself all day. I have been regretting what I have done since the moment I did it.

I hereby confess to bidding up my own auctions using the "Werner" forum handle. This is despicable, I know. I did this out of pure greed. Scamming anyone was not the priority, getting a few extra measly bitcoins for Cognitive's auction was my goal. I have always acted in the best interest of Cognitive, because I know, believe, and practice my fiduciary duty which comes as a result of handling others' assets. I want everyone to know that I will continue doing my best to run the company, the same as I always have. My track record on the forum has been flawless before this incident, and that's what hurts me most. I'm disgusted with myself when people are questioning whether they can trust me now.

Although some may view this as a petty offence (as I did previously), I do not any longer. As an attempt to at least partially make up for my wrongdoing, I am offering each of the participants in the auction, starsoccer9 and Vezunchik, BTC5 of my own personal funds, which more than makes up for the financial loss due false bids in the auction. I realize that what I have done is unacceptable, and I do deeply regret it.

Being an optimist, I can't help but try to take something positive away from a given situation. I believe that because of this incident I will make an effort to be that much better of a person. Everyone who I have interacted with aside from these auction participants, and Josh Zerlan (Inaba), would agree with me when I tell you: I strive to be a person of high moral conduct.

I apologize to everyone for letting greed get in my way. I know trust takes ages to build, and a few posts to destroy. I hope that everyone will acknowledge my past, and see that I have never acted in an externally malicious way, and have always been transparent, friendly, and courteous in all of my dealings with fellow forum members. Know that I am a man of my word: when I say I will do something, I do it. I regret bidding up the auction greatly. Please know that I have never scammed anyone nor have I stolen anything. I have done tons (probably well over 100) transactions of physical items with users of this forum and not one has gone sour. In most of them the other party was the one who had to trust me.

Again, I sincerely regret what I have done and I apologize for doing it. The small sum of bitcoins I gained from this (until I pay the auction bidders back) was certainly not worth the tarnished reputation. Never again will I allow myself to do something so crooked.

Sincerely,
Garrett

You did the right thing.  Hopefully the people will accept your apology and you have learned a valuable life lesson. 

coinsquirrel

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 08:15:59 AM

Quick aside: How was Garr planning on hosting miners for others when he's planning on attending college this fall? If he lives on campus, he'll be breaking code regulations by operating miners that won't have UL tags.

Real question is, why is Garr planning on attending college this fall anyway? After this thread is done, any employer doing a background check on Garrett Ian McDonald is going to come across this site and know that the little shit is untrustworthy. Unless North Idaho is a farmer's college, I'd say use that tuition money to make everyone on here hole and spend the rest on a good, solid name change. May I suggest Ian Garrett McLovin?
Garr255
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 08:18:30 AM

You did the right thing.  I respect that. 

Thank you.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 08:19:07 AM

Hi all,

Sincerely,
Garrett

It takes a big man to admit and apologize. Good on you Garrett.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Garr255
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 08:21:46 AM

Quick aside: How was Garr planning on hosting miners for others when he's planning on attending college this fall? If he lives on campus, he'll be breaking code regulations by operating miners that won't have UL tags.

Real question is, why is Garr planning on attending college this fall anyway? After this thread is done, any employer doing a background check on Garrett Ian McDonald is going to come across this site and know that the little shit is untrustworthy. Unless North Idaho is a farmer's college, I'd say use that tuition money to make everyone on here hole and spend the rest on a good, solid name change. May I suggest Ian Garrett McLovin?

Many people trust me with more money than most people my age can fathom. That's not in the least of my concerns. It truly saddens me that you think me bidding up those auctions deserves a lifetime of flipping burgers.

And to respond to Phinnaeus (Who I respect a good deal BTW): I will be leasing a portion of a facility staffed by DC techs who will be able to manage the physical aspect of the operation. I will be able to do everything I need to remotely.

Garr255
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 08:23:04 AM

It takes a big man to admit and apologize. Good on you Garrett.

Thanks.

PS. I appreciate the humor in your profile picture Tongue It cheered me up a bit.

Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 08:33:50 AM

So if matthew pays his bet he wouldn't deserve to get his tag at least "reviewed"?  Or do tags stick for now until the end of time?  If you get someone doing something shady to come clean, make the people whole, isn't that a good example to set?  If there is nothing to gain by coming clean and fixing the problem, then why even bother.  He might as well just go big and go out with a bang.

So your logic is: you get caught stealing, you give back the money, no harm done and thus no punishment.

That's a joke. If Werner was his sock puppet account, applying a scammer tag on Garr is the only way to protect users in future auctions created by Garr, or in any business transaction with him. If he gives back the money to starsoccer9 and that's it, what stops him to create more sockpuppets and continue to bid shill more auctions? If no tag is applied, he will still be seen by all users as the trustworthy member that holds money for the forum, etc. In fact, giving the type of character he is depicting of himself, one ready to publicly humiliate himself and give up basic principles to get his miners, while subtly implying he is being forced and blackmailed when the Skype logs contradict this, I would fear that in case  he goes unpunished because of paying back, he would find a way to scam more so he can make up for his" loss".

In any case, I think Garr created a big problem for himself. He has a company (cognitive) that will probably be shaken by the outcome of this.

If Werner was indeed his sockpuppet, I guess Garr will end up learning a very real and important lesson: you cannot be" a little bit" scammer, you are either a scammer or you are not, full stop.  And shill bidding is being a scammer.

In these forums we conduct quite a lot of business transactions. There is a thriving economy. And mods have limited power, because a scammer could create many sockpuppets and connect through proxies or Tor and that is difficult to catch. Thus, we all have to take our own decisions about who we are going to trust, and if that trust is broken by someone everybody needs to see it straight away.

Pierre

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 08:35:14 AM

LOL Rampion you're a bit late with that post, read the thread!
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 08:36:44 AM

LOL Rampion you're a bit late with that post, read the thread!

Yeah, now i see.

coinsquirrel

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 08:36:55 AM

Many people trust me with more money than most people my age can fathom. That's not in the least of my concerns. It truly saddens me that you think me bidding up those auctions deserves a lifetime of flipping burgers.

Quite honestly, it is quite impressive what you've been able to do for your age - but that's a double sided sword. You've built up a pretty solid operation, but it's also shocking that someone your age would have already developed the self-serving business practices that you've shown. It's not just about bidding up those auctions. You've displayed a hypocritical attitude the whole time you were dealing with BFL, and you've outright lied and misled this entire forum by denying your actions and insinuating that Josh had your hands tied. The coverup is much worse than the actual offense (from my POV, but it's not my coins that you scammed). You came out and admitted your mistakes (congratulations) but you've had plenty of opportunities so far to do so (how about during your first "appology"?). Towards the end, the evidence was pretty damning - the admission was pretty much the only hand you had left to play. If anything, this demonstrates that Garr has a habit of being conniving, and then quickly apologizing when he's caught. Would anyone here hire you to flip burgers if that meant you would even have a line of sight to the cash register? "I only emptied the tip jar to supplement the dividends I need to pay to Cognitive!!! It was my fiduciary duty!!!"

On the bright side, you've probably impressed BFL quite a bit by showing there are no limits to where you will stoop - maybe you could hit them up for a summer internship?
Garr255
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 08:38:56 AM

Rampion: I'm saddened that you don't think I'm worthy of participating in the community because of one blatantly stupid mistake. I've never done anything else wrong and do not plan to ever again.

Hi all,

Sincerely,
Garrett

jhansen858

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 08:40:53 AM

So your logic is: you get caught stealing, you give back the money, no harm done and thus no punishment.

That's a joke. If Werner was his sock puppet account, applying a scammer tag on Garr is the only way to protect users in future auctions created by Garr, or in any business transaction with him. If he gives back the money to starsoccer9 and that's it, what stops him to create more sockpuppets and continue to bid shill more auctions? If no tag is applied, he will still be seen by all users as the trustworthy member that holds money for the forum, etc. In fact, giving the type of character he is depicting of himself, one ready to publicly humiliate himself and give up basic principles to get his miners, while subtly implying he is being forced and blackmailed when the Skype logs contradict this, I would fear that in case  he goes unpunished because of paying back, he would find a way to scam more so he can make up for his" loss".

In any case, I think Garr created a big problem for himself. He has a company (cognitive) that will probably be shaken by the outcome of this.

If Werner was indeed his sockpuppet, I guess Garr will end up learning a very real and important lesson: you cannot be" a little bit" scammer, you are either a scammer or you are not, full stop.  And shill bidding is being a scammer.

In these forums we conduct quite a lot of business transactions. There is a thriving economy. And mods have limited power, because a scammer could create many sockpuppets and connect through proxies or Tor and that is difficult to catch. Thus, we all have to take our own decisions about who we are going to trust, and if that trust is broken by someone everybody needs to see it straight away.

No,

My logic is, reward those who are honest and punish those who are not.  The difference between a scammer and someone who makes a mistake is the scammer when confronted by the situation, runs, leaving the victim holding the bag.  The person who makes the mistake lives up to it and fixes it.  I only hope that person really learned the lesson that earning honest money is always the best policy.  The important thing is that people who were wronged are righted.  If that means Garr needs to take a credibility hit as well, thats up to the mods.  I don't set policy around here.  If not a tag, maybe at least something like a credit report. The incident is recorded and then so is the resolution of the incident. people would know that it happened but also that you fixed it.  Then they can make their own judgement.

r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 08:44:46 AM

No,

My logic is, reward those who are honest and punish those who are not.  The difference between a scammer and someone who makes a mistake is the scammer when confronted by the situation, runs, leaving the victim holding the bag.  The person who makes the mistake lives up to it and fixes it.  I only hope that person really learned the lesson that earning honest money is always the best policy.  The important thing is that people who were wronged are righted.  If that means Garr needs to take a credibility hit as well, thats up to the mods.  I don't set policy around here.  If not a tag, maybe at least something like a credit report. The incident is recorded and then so is the resolution of the incident. people would know that it happened but also that you fixed it.  Then they can make their own judgement.

i support this stance as well. Garr has shown that other than these few instances of shill bidding to be a competent addition to the forum and a pretty honest individual. 9/10 people would have lied there ass off. I respect him for admitting it and promising to make it right. I'm sure his two victtims in the shill bid will respect him for making it right and apologizing as well.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: