Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:00:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is pumping Bitcoin Cash?  (Read 3422 times)
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 03:08:31 AM

There is no big puzzle about this. Bitcoincash is going to do a consensus fork on November 13th to fix it's emergency difficuloty adjustment and make it less volatile.

They're pumping the coin to ensure that it is still worth mining when the fork happens.
At least they have a community effort to make BCH something worth mining, if we had something like that happening with Bitcoin it would be a giant clusterfuck until the fork came around.

I don't know why there are some people that are so dedicated to making BCH viable, it's a weak (until recently) coin that was riding off of the main chain until people started to dumb retard amounts of money into it. It's not like it matters to me that much, but it seems surprising that anyone would want to be this committed to involving themselves in BCH. But it's their money and their community, good for them if it is taking off like that.
Savik

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 03:15:49 AM

https://theflippening.github.io/open-letter-to-bitcoin-miners-from-another-miner/

https://fork.lol/pow/hashrate

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 03:16:47 AM

So much denial and ignorance about what is happening here.

Bitcoin Cash is exploding because 2x failed.  

Why?  

Because it means bitcoin core chain will not scale.  It's freaking simple.

Bitcoin Cash is going to have lower fees, faster confirmations, and its going
to be more usable.

Bitcoin Core has chosen to relegate itself to a store of value only,
which is dubious.  ...Or bet on some future off chain scaling that is
just as shaky.

GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 03:35:36 AM

There is no big puzzle about this. Bitcoincash is going to do a consensus fork on November 13th to fix it's emergency difficuloty adjustment and make it less volatile.

They're pumping the coin to ensure that it is still worth mining when the fork happens.
At least they have a community effort to make BCH something worth mining, if we had something like that happening with Bitcoin it would be a giant clusterfuck until the fork came around.

I don't know why there are some people that are so dedicated to making BCH viable, it's a weak (until recently) coin that was riding off of the main chain until people started to dumb retard amounts of money into it. It's not like it matters to me that much, but it seems surprising that anyone would want to be this committed to involving themselves in BCH. But it's their money and their community, good for them if it is taking off like that.

im thinking someone is trying to kick start adoption by using market conditions to make BCH a bit more attractive than it is. notice the timing of this extreme bump in price, and notice the severity of the bump. im curious to see if the mining capacity picks up as well on bch Wink but this seems like a ploy; i dont think this will be a short term play however. mr wu is still probably wanting bch to garner more adoption than BTC, this is the perfect storm of bullshit that can foster than change, or move us closer towards it.

i will start to get concerned when I see btc lose market cap to bch. that, might be an issue Wink
sqid

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 03:41:18 AM

I'm also a bit confused why this is happening.

I was totally convinced that I had it worked out:   Segwit2x was a feint in order to take mining power off the bitcoin chain but the real point was to make BCH shine

To this end, I hedged buy buying some BCH.    When I heard that the fork had been called off, I thought that the 'take over' attempt had been abandoned so I dumped BCH immediately.  C'est la vie!!

Now it seems they are pumping BCH, regardless of the failure of the first part of their two pronged attack.   I didn't see that they would succeed in the first place.   Now with the community far more aware of what is going on I think they have much less chance of success.

Ver and Wuhan - too much money too quick, they have become legends and gods in their own minds!  They won't become poor but I think they are throwing a lot of money down the drain with this tactic.

What next - always high drama in the crypto world!!!

KEEP BITCOIN SAFE - KEEP IT DECENTRALIZED
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1537

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 04:31:11 AM

Why?  

to be more usable.

just as shaky.

I’ve been reading the different posts opened about the subject on this forum and it’s surprising to me that nobody is commenting about what you say.

No scalation means that bitcoin won’t become mainstream because of the vast amount of energy needed to do so. This keeps bitcoin far away from Satoshi’s idea of a p2p electronic cash system. I don’t know if hardware upgrades could significantly help, though, as it already happened.

Since I began understanding bitcoin and cryptos world I thought that bitcoin would be the new gold, as it would be used as a store of value, and there would be another or other alts that would be used as the new cash, electronic one. However, that might not be the case, and maybe only those coins able to be used as cash, with fast transactions and low fees, will remain.

scorpion27

Activity: 50
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 04:39:53 AM

I think so who makes the BCH pumping but we can take to the advantage of the BCH price increase, the moment that the fastness can so make to our advantage increases.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ TRU REPUTATION NETWORK ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
PRE-SALE OPEN UNTIL 5th MARCH 2018 | PROOF OF REPUTATION  (http://tru.ltd/tokensale)
bitfools

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 04:48:26 AM

I’ve been reading the different posts opened about the subject on this forum and it’s surprising to me that nobody is commenting about what you say.

No scalation means that bitcoin won’t become mainstream because of the vast amount of energy needed to do so. This keeps bitcoin far away from Satoshi’s idea of a p2p electronic cash system. I don’t know if hardware upgrades could significantly help, though, as it already happened.

Since I began understanding bitcoin and cryptos world I thought that bitcoin would be the new gold, as it would be used as a store of value, and there would be another or other alts that would be used as the new cash, electronic one. However, that might not be the case, and maybe only those coins able to be used as cash, with fast transactions and low fees, will remain.

BTC is a store of value, "RICH MANS GOLD"

The poor can use BTC-z bitcoin-z, 25billion, cash of the poor

One shoe doesn't not fit all rich & poor

SHIT-COIN is very thinly traded amongst nerds, one of these shit-coins will eventually be adopted, most 3rd world country's now use 'phone credit' as money to transfer buy&sell.

Just two days ago SEGWIT2 was declared dead!

Why? Because the 'experts' & bitcoin-core ppl now realize that Satoshi was right, that there is NO way in hell you can herd a bunch of cat's especially 51%, when there are millions of cats in a open desert.

All forks are dead,

WRT to the argument about fee's, slow transactions, ...

Fee's are a problem, but U don't have to pay the fee, and if you just wait until the next block u go into the front of queue,

Slow-transactions, again these are problems of fools, certainly 10 minutes or 2 hours is not bad if your moving $1M USD from a to b, what's the hurry?

WRT to buying coffee, well then use BTC-Z, its a penny coin that is essentially 100% BTC with equihash (GPU),

I think BTC will continue to be a 'rich mans' coin, no way in hell the average joe can own a coin, no more than the average joe can own an ounce of gold,

The average american don't have $500 USD in the bank, who in the hell is fooling who here?

NO BTC fork will ever get the 51% consensus, the writing is on the wall.

New Forks, or clones have to be VERY GOOD in order to surpass BTC, very good.

PPL forget these debates are not new, back in the 1990's or 1980's with PC's it was first that mattered, and best, and fastest, you had to be one of the three to be a king,

Same now BTC was first, and there they will stay, as for next tier u must be "BEST" who that be? Fastest again, as all is just a cheap clone, ...

I think 2nd gen BTC will come from somebody who rolls a new block-chain paradigm from scratch and resolves all the problems,

For now BTC will be the MODEL-T, perhaps it will have a 20+ year life, ... who knows, most likely it will become the rich mans gold,

Missing for most people is 'privacy', only they say Monero offers privacy, but it doesn't, thus IMHO the next COIN for the rich will be ...

1.) Fast
2.) Best
3.) Privacy, nobody knows, no public ledger, nobody knows whos rich
4.) untouchable by GOV, not even the NSA can break

Doing 1-4 above will require a team of people who are not sucking NSA cock, or being spoon fed by CIA, or MOSSAD.

Almost all coin including BITCOIN is uncomfortably too close to NSA, same for Monero and its questionable choice of EDSCA integers

IMHO the next BTC will come from some kid in Mexico or Laos, on his PC running his GPU, and he'll develop an ALGO that satisfy's 1-4

The problem with all coin to date, is that it all has vested interest by the "Powers that Be"

Take BITCOIN-GOLD, just a worthless piece of shit, but being pumped by richest guys in china, russia, and bulgaria, ... go figure; None of these are giving the little people what they need & want.

Once again, lets remind all of Satoshi's Vision.

1.) Free banking for all on earth

2.) little to no fee

3.) no transaction cost

4.) anonymous, nobody knows who has money and where

5.) no theft, nobody can steal your money

All governments on earth are organized criminals intent on robbing the sheep, thus the GUYS/GALS to who satisfy the needs of the sheep will NOT come from the status-quo educated elite.
dificanovi

Activity: 812
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 04:54:41 AM

Why Bitcoin cash is having such price variations in a single day? It almost double this day...

Who is pumping this coin?

It does not make any sense!!!

bitcoin prices go up because many buy bitcoin and if bitcoin prices drops as buyers bitcoin slightly. I think bitcoin prices will continue to rise as more and more people are familiar with bitcoin. investors are also getting more and more, this will make bitcoin go up.

imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 05:47:01 AM

Why Bitcoin cash is having such price variations in a single day? It almost double this day...

i believe there were some group of people that pump it because they think that bitcoincash is just better than bitcoins because of many reasons. and also some whales and team/developers of bitcoincash are also behind on this plan but whatever happens, im still on bitcoins and many people are still believes on the power of bitcon. bitcoin is the original and others are just copy paste.
BTCbengi

Activity: 241
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 05:54:22 AM

Perhaps their attempt now is to make BCH a true Bitcoin currency. And I believe that will never happen because everyone believes Bitcoin and never gives it up until now.

placergold

Activity: 131
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 05:56:03 AM

Looks like without B2X fork, the bitcoin cash becomes the successful fork with better scalability... who knows, maybe because of that it will become more popular with the real payments need
junoreactor

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:00:33 AM

Why?  

to be more usable.

just as shaky.

Because there a lot of newbies here who are just trying to boost their post count, but have no clue about Bitcoin Cash. In my humble opinion, jonald is spot on, block size matters a lot, fees and since a few days now some Bitcoin transactions taking ages to be confirmed.
Investing in Bitcoin Cash right now is a very good move IMO.
Good luck all  Smiley
monkeydominicorobin

Activity: 294
Merit: 104

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:06:15 AM

In stock market terminology it is called wash sale. Don't be confused. The richest owner is cashing in on Bitcoin Cash. Very simple.

stunvn

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:44:29 AM

I hope this bubble burst. They will have a lesson do not try to kill bitcoin.
If bitcoin dies, a whole market will collapse.
junoreactor

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:50:26 AM

I hope this bubble burst. They will have a lesson do not try to kill bitcoin.
If bitcoin dies, a whole market will collapse.
Maybe not, because the blockchain technology proved to be very promising and seduced tons of people, I disagree with your comment.
That being said, you may be right short term, but long term not so much.
 blockchain is the future IMO and might survive no matter what happens to Bitcoin.
lionheart89

Activity: 350
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 12:23:50 PM

i think because of changes or policies that benefit investors, it becomes an attraction to invest in bitcoin cash. this is very nice.
AIRDROPSQUAD

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

PLAYHALL - SKILL GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 12:27:45 PM

Because of some sport Betting website called "BOVADA" now accept BITCOINCASH for their transaction. You can check it on BCC official twitter account here: https://twitter.com/BITCOlNCASH/status/929317515414474752

entr

Activity: 602
Merit: 277

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 12:43:03 PM

Who knows but bitcoin cash deserves to be pumped. We saw that segwit thing cause too much uncertainty but there is no such thing for bitcoin cash. Also after the update, mining will be more profitable so maybe miners are preparing bitcoin cash for their mining purposes.
ArminH

Activity: 219
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 12:48:51 PM

It would be none other than the bitcoin antichrist Roger ver and Jihan vu who were responsible for creating bitcoin cash by hard fork on august 1.Earlier,it was said that they had a masterplan of activating segwit 2x and creating segwit2x coins just to devalue the bitcoin brand.Simultaneously,they planned to pump BCH very high and then to claim BCH as true bitcoin.Unexpectedly,segwit 2x activation has been cancelled,but the second plan is being executed successfully.Other than this,there is nothing special about BCH other than a shitcoin.
You got it my friend.
But it was so obvious, everybody is able to make profits.
200% in such a short time, I really can't complain Wink
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: