Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:44:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO - FINISHED!!!] Telcoin - Cryptocurrency for a Mobile World  (Read 10212 times)
telcoin (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 05:44:27 AM

I'm curious how your team tracks trends when it comes to this space. I want to know where you guys get your information since you seem to be on the cutting edge?

This is a good question. I think a team is only as good as it's ability to stay up to date.

Agreed! We are very close with other established companies in the space (OmiseGo, TenX, etc) that we speak with and always share information. We are fortunate to have our advisors actively speaking with us and discussing what we are doing and what they are hearing. Moreover, Paul always has his finger on the pulse of the Telco market as his connections are always within arms reach.

Ah can't forget Shimo! Our lead dev is a rockstar and is highly rated on github.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
telcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 05:45:58 AM

How do you plan to get the word out about Telcoin? Will Telco's be able to help in this regard?

If they were to somehow explain to their customers how Telcoin works, you guys would get a ton of interest I think. Is this a possibility?

We are currently in discussion with 6+ telco's at the moment for POC/pilot agreements. Of course once these are officially publicized, then i'm sure the telco's and the media will talk about this.

Any timeframe on when this could be? Sorry to be so inquisitive, but I have super high expectations for this.

Well we already have agreements with Etisalat, Veon Group, and MTN Group that should be initiating Q1-Q2 next year. The rest we should have some BIG news by end of Jan.  Wink Cheesy Grin
telcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 05:47:13 AM

Hi there, I believe your project aims to provide its services globally, but everyone has to start somewhere. Can you tell me on which markets you plan to start operating?

Good luck for the ICO, I will buy in too! Really promising project!

Thank you for the kind words!!!

We will be starting in the North-African/West-Europe & SEA/North-Asia corridors
telcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 05:57:25 AM

Would you say you have made any mistakes when it comes to Telcoin that you have learned from?

Holy Hell, lol, so many! That's the beauty of starting a company in such a new space. As with any startup if you make a mistake, you learn, iterate, and innovate.

A lot of the things we've learned are based around Organizational Behavior, interacting with such a diverse community (interest levels, knowledge, talent, cultures, etc), how to explain the tech/concept/business model in the vernacular of said communities, cross-functional work, and more.

Its startup life. We've identified a problem/pain-point and we created a solution we feel addresses that. Everyone is doing everything and we are all driven to make this a success for not only ourselves but for those contributing, the telcos, and the people in developing countries that will have access to crypto.

scam confirmed

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 08:36:53 PM

Are you guys actively pursuing any partnerships?

celestio

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:59:22 PM

Would you say you have made any mistakes when it comes to Telcoin that you have learned from?

Holy Hell, lol, so many! That's the beauty of starting a company in such a new space. As with any startup if you make a mistake, you learn, iterate, and innovate.

A lot of the things we've learned are based around Organizational Behavior, interacting with such a diverse community (interest levels, knowledge, talent, cultures, etc), how to explain the tech/concept/business model in the vernacular of said communities, cross-functional work, and more.

Its startup life. We've identified a problem/pain-point and we created a solution we feel addresses that. Everyone is doing everything and we are all driven to make this a success for not only ourselves but for those contributing, the telcos, and the people in developing countries that will have access to crypto.

Good answer, thanks a lot. The way you put it is so relatable too. I guess there's plenty of room for errors when you're the only one competing though lol

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
okspam

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:32:44 PM

How do you plan to get the word out about Telcoin? Will Telco's be able to help in this regard?

If they were to somehow explain to their customers how Telcoin works, you guys would get a ton of interest I think. Is this a possibility?

We are currently in discussion with 6+ telco's at the moment for POC/pilot agreements. Of course once these are officially publicized, then i'm sure the telco's and the media will talk about this.

Any timeframe on when this could be? Sorry to be so inquisitive, but I have super high expectations for this.

Well we already have agreements with Etisalat, Veon Group, and MTN Group that should be initiating Q1-Q2 next year. The rest we should have some BIG news by end of Jan.  Wink Cheesy Grin

That's awesome, how big are these companies? Are we talking about 1m+ customers between those 4?
earthcoin

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 10:09:25 PM

I'm curious how your team tracks trends when it comes to this space. I want to know where you guys get your information since you seem to be on the cutting edge?

This is a good question. I think a team is only as good as it's ability to stay up to date.

Agreed! We are very close with other established companies in the space (OmiseGo, TenX, etc) that we speak with and always share information. We are fortunate to have our advisors actively speaking with us and discussing what we are doing and what they are hearing. Moreover, Paul always has his finger on the pulse of the Telco market as his connections are always within arms reach.

Ah can't forget Shimo! Our lead dev is a rockstar and is highly rated on github.

That's awesome. I'll have to checkout what else he's worked on.

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
urikmarkov

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:21:25 PM

With which countries will you cooperate?
telcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 02:52:16 AM

That's awesome, how big are these companies? Are we talking about 1m+ customers between those 4?

Between the three (3) of them there are about 400M subscribers  Grin Grin Grin
telcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 02:52:50 AM

That's awesome. I'll have to checkout what else he's worked on.

Please do!!! He's very highly rated on GitHub
telcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 02:53:41 AM

With which countries will you cooperate?

We are focusing on South East Asia/ North Asia & Africa/Western Europe corridors
telcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 02:54:11 AM

IAN BALINA AMA Now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGtc9SfCupQ
ovrceez

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:29:23 AM

Great AMA! I really hope this project takes off. Leveraging the telecoms user base is YUUUGGGEEE (Trump voice) while disrupting Western Union/Money Gram for remittance pay is enough reason for me support this project.
krypto-joop

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:17:01 PM

The German ICO Review on Telcoin has just been published: http://www.kryptovergleich.org/ico-liste/
celestio

Activity: 770

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:59:40 PM

Great AMA! I really hope this project takes off. Leveraging the telecoms user base is YUUUGGGEEE (Trump voice) while disrupting Western Union/Money Gram for remittance pay is enough reason for me support this project.

I like you. It's insane how much Western Union fees are.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
Dipsomaniac

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:13:49 PM

What is the minimum amount you need to implement your project?

Our softcap is $10M.

I think he means, what is the smallest amount a person can invest with? Is there a minimum? I've seen some set at $1,000.

Ahhhh! Yes, the minimum for now is 0.3ETH - 0.05BTC - $5k Fiat

That's not so bad. I can still get in on that.
scam confirmed

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 08:29:59 PM

Or are the Telco's considered partners?

pinkman12345
Legendary

Activity: 1070
Merit: 1021

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:31:35 PM

Or are the Telco's considered partners?
Your username is dangerous..I almost fall into it.

okspam

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:52:12 PM

Between the three (3) of them there are about 400M subscribers  Grin Grin Grin

Holy... These guys are legitimate giants then, this is incredible. I can't believe I was lucky enough to find an actually legitimately huge coin in time for the pre-ico.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: