Bitcoin Forum
December 11, 2017, 06:20:06 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 134k unconfirmed transactions now. I'm starting to get really worried about this  (Read 5636 times)
jacobmayes94

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 01:34:05 PM

I did post about a potential on here for starting up a crypto based grocery store, and on many other places. Interest was next to zero, I did market research to find no one wanted it, and thus I ended up doing another business. I had a vision for practical USE of the currency to buy and deliver non perishable food and shopping parcels to peoples homes with bitcoin, but market research found little interest to those in the Bitcoin world, nor outside of it, hence I bailed, it did not pass the feasibility study at that time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
Ilegendph

Activity: 154

Descrow.com   ►  ICO 29th Nov

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 01:51:59 PM

I thought i was the only few who have a delay of transaction confirmation. Its already a day ago when i sent my transaction and still i only got 0 confirmation :/ I hate miners they are manipulating again and choosing only who had better fees. Is it time to panic now? i know this is some of the hard time struggle.
This kind of problem is normal in a decentralized sytem. It can be manipulated by someone else. But I still believe in bitcoin that it will recover from this kind of problem because its still the preffered cryptocurrency of newbies or new to this kind of technology.

surix

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 01:59:48 PM

It's not a SPAM attack as usual?

It happened in the past before, and lasted quite long.

I'm a bit worried but not too much.

Idea is not to cash out the BCH dividend but keep it in hand, so you can sleep well in case of any of them wins.

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
DeepOnion 
★ ★ ★ ★ ★   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
Get-Paid.com

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 02:04:59 PM

https://blockchain.info/charts/avg-block-size

People wanted seggy weggy and they don't use it.

Hence unconfirmed txs goes up, so do fees.

Seggy weggy doesn't help at all at the moment.  Grin Grin Grin

Because no one trust it, except for the derps.

Bitcoin cash has no problem.

Who are those "people" who wanted Segwit2x?
Who decides if it's allowed or not?

If you can't answer these questions then Bitcoin is truly centralized and not decentralized.

Get Paid in BTC For Watching Videos, Clicking on Ads, Completing Offers And More @ Get-Paid.com

Visit: http://www.get-paid.com
1NV3ST0NM3

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:09:00 PM

Dont quite know whats happening around you see bitcoin flashing around $6000 again and with this lot of unconfirmed transactions. Moreover BCH emerging as a very big competitor. I really cant understand what is happening to bitcoin. Are these some after effects of abandoning segwit2x?

Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1274

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:11:31 PM

is there any graph showing the number of unconfirmed transactions over time over the pasts?

http://188.68.53.44/

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 1484

Hello You

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:12:16 PM

Are these some after effects of abandoning segwit2x?

Yes. I don't think this BCH pump or this blockchain spamming would be happening if 2X had passed.

The last few years have all been about attempting to wrest control of Bitcoin's direction away from Core. 2X was the latest and it failed. This is the crudest attempt yet.

Raask

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:23:39 PM

170041 Unconfirmed Transactions  Tongue

Damn,  my normal fee I use 208 S/byte  has my transactions stuck since friday.  Will they ever time out?  I have not seen a delay like this for a long time.
chuckblocker

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:38:05 PM

Fee per byte   288.276 sat/B
Fees   0.00064862 BTC
2017-11-10 17:47:59

no confirm, just stuck since friday. No one mining btc anymore it seems, all switch
acquafredda

Activity: 784

Cold water with lemon

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:43:16 PM

Miners are following the most profitable coin with their hashrate at the moment. We only have to wait and see. Bitcoin Cash blocks are empty and they come one after the other while Bitcoin Blocks are full and mempool is spammed heavily.
These are the most difficult days for bitcoiners.

Honeybadger does not care
Vatimins

Activity: 242

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:58:35 PM

I did post about a potential on here for starting up a crypto based grocery store, and on many other places. Interest was next to zero, I did market research to find no one wanted it, and thus I ended up doing another business. I had a vision for practical USE of the currency to buy and deliver non perishable food and shopping parcels to peoples homes with bitcoin, but market research found little interest to those in the Bitcoin world, nor outside of it, hence I bailed, it did not pass the feasibility study at that time.

What in the fader faking fak are you talking about man? People reading into this thread couldn't care any less about what sorts of bullcrap you have posted about businesses and marketing using bitcoins. Because hello!? This is a completely different topic! You should go and try to make a thread yourself and talk about what you wanna say instead of doing this. Tss -:-. Really didn't want to rain on your parade, but you should consider respecting the op.

Anyways, this number of unconfirmed transactions really worries me a lot also to be honest. Even when i know better. Because let's face it, even when we know this is just a scheme, we are the ones that experience the hassle of these unconfirmed transactions. And when emergencies come, this will really be a big problem. So my solution is to stock emergency fund on a different currency and give fund to btc holdings. That is what i do.
aqaq715

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:03:42 PM

Just wait, there is nothing new about this problem.

ABC
sqid

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:10:16 PM

This is pretty much what the BCH team are saying is the problem with BTC.  Its usability in the real world.   Frankly its a made up problem.   Crypto currencies as the above poster explained are not yet acceptable to main street.  Sure we need to sort out these delays and fees but we don't have to do it this week.

I expect there to be many more pending transactions before this attack is over,

For now hang tight.  It's really a minor problem in the scheme of things.  But for the future we need to make sure this type of thing cannot and wont happen again.   FWIW check out BTG - trying to curb the influence of big miners
nadrian

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:12:33 PM

Waiting since yesterday for a small transaction to confirm, payed $5 in fee and still nothing after 24hrs. It's very worrying to see 172k total unconfirmed transaction and growing by the second.
Seems like the wise choice is to switch to bitcoin cash or some other alt...
arseaboy

Activity: 546

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:14:08 PM

well it seems that old holders are not being scared or worried about this things since it was happen before and its just repeating the same scene, we just needed to keep calmed and be patience for sure there's still some ways to improved the transactions system, I guess its the miners who really taking the advantage mining those high profits coins and abandoned btc for a while, let see how long those miners will support bcc.

.SPECTRE.                ▄▄███▄▄
            ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀ ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄
████▄▄  ▀▀▀ ▄▄███████████▄▄ ▀▀▀  ▄▄████
  ▀▀████▄    ▀▀█████████▀▀    ▄████▀▀
 ██▄▄ ▀██ █▄▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█ ██▀ ▄▄██
 ▀▀███ ██ █████▄       ▄█████ ██ ███▀▀
     ██ ███████▄   ▄███████ ██
       ██ ████████   ████████ ██
       ██▄▄ ▀▀████   ████▀▀ ▄▄██
        ▀▀███▄▄ ▀▀   ▀▀ ▄▄███▀▀
            ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
                ▀▀███▀▀
            │
     │      ███
     │      ███
    │    ███
███  │    ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███     │
███ ███     │
    │

▬▬     WHITEPAPER    ▬▬
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
TWITTER     SLACK     MEDIUM
PRE-SALE.
PUBLIC SALE.
cantoro

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:17:18 PM

Currently sitting around 174k.

BCH difficulty adjustment in a few hours so will get a fair bit of hashrate back to clear down the unconfirmed transactions. However, the people doing this are in it to win it so I expect we will have some surprises over the next few days.
The One
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:17:47 PM

https://blockchain.info/charts/avg-block-size

People wanted seggy weggy and they don't use it.

Hence unconfirmed txs goes up, so do fees.

Seggy weggy doesn't help at all at the moment.  Grin Grin Grin

Because no one trust it, except for the derps.

Bitcoin cash has no problem.

Who are those "people" who wanted Segwit2x?
Who decides if it's allowed or not?

If you can't answer these questions then Bitcoin is truly centralized and not decentralized.

I am not talking about segwit2x.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

Halcyon Days

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:18:39 PM

Now it increased to 172912 unconfirmed transactions.

What a move to push Bitcoin cash and show the weakness of BTC, especially, after Segwit2x was called off. Not sure, if peoplel will fall for this. Hopefully, things will calm down soon.

CuriousGeorge

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:24:06 PM

BCH difficulty will increase 400% in less than 20 hours according to https://fork.lol/pow/retarget so miners will switch back to mining bitcoin and the memory pool will clear. If you have a stuck transaction and paid an adequate fee it should confirm soon after that.
Well, if that's obvious, it's good, atleast some of miners will come back to bitcoin, even though I'm not sure that the difficulties adjustment in the bitcoin blockchain will come soon
even before the diffuclty of BCH adjusted and increase 400%, it's just matter of time then.

SPECTRE                ▄▄███▄▄
            ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀ ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄
████▄▄  ▀▀▀ ▄▄███████████▄▄ ▀▀▀  ▄▄████
  ▀▀████▄    ▀▀█████████▀▀    ▄████▀▀
 ██▄▄ ▀██ █▄▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█ ██▀ ▄▄██
 ▀▀███ ██ █████▄       ▄█████ ██ ███▀▀
      ██ ███████▄   ▄███████ ██
       ██ ████████   ████████ ██
       ██▄▄ ▀▀████   ████▀▀ ▄▄██
        ▀▀███▄▄ ▀▀   ▀▀ ▄▄███▀▀
            ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
                ▀▀███▀▀
             │
     │      ███
     │      ███
    │     ███
███  │     ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███     │
███ ███     │
    │

▬▬     WHITEPAPER    ▬▬
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
TWITTER     SLACK     MEDIUM
PRE-SALE.
PUBLIC SALE.
SynAck

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:25:48 PM

Wow now the count is at almost 174k unconfirmed transactions... seems like many will loose faith in bitcoin and move to other coins....

Nullum Crimen Sine Lege.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.