Bitcoin Forum
December 15, 2017, 09:00:51 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 134k unconfirmed transactions now. I'm starting to get really worried about this  (Read 5666 times)
TMS123

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:17:09 PM

In all essence... this might be the game within the game? If the miners see every user is paying $10.00+ per every transaction.... someone is getting rich off of this. So why change it? This entire thing for a week smells like a test and setup.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 1484

Hello You

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:17:51 PM

I wouldn't say that miners lack the vision or intelligence to make decisions. I would just say that it's not just up to them, so they can't really decide anything alone.

Well, plenty of them do feel that they can decide for everyone else and that's what they've been trying to repeatedly. I do not believe that one small subsection should have the power that they do.

teamjk

Activity: 22

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:22:51 PM

146k  and trend is going up again

At the same time also it doesn't seem that miners have switched  from btc  to bch (at least for the last hours) as it was the case yesterday

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 1526

★Jetwin.com★

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:23:29 PM

It went to almost 200K and is now down to around 115,000. Even at this level, the fees is unsustainable. And do you know the worst thing about this whole episode? We can't blame the miners for this. It is not their fault. See this:

https://blockchain.info/blocks

All of them are making use of the 1 MB block size limit.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀ ▄  ▄ ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀ ▄▄████  ████▄▄ ▀▀██▄
▄██▀ ▄███████    ███████▄ ▀██▄
██▀ ▄████████▀    ▀████████▄ ▀██
██▀ ██████████      ██████████ ▀██
██▀ ██████████        ██████████ ▀██
▄██                                ██▄
██ ▄                              ▄ ██
██ ███▄                        ▄███ ██
██ ██████▄                  ▄██████ ██
██ ▀████████              ████████▀ ██
▀██ ███████                ███████ ██▀
██▄ █████▀                ▀█████ ▄██
██▄ ████        ▄▄        ████ ▄██
██▄ ▀█      ▄▄████▄▄      █▀ ▄██
██▄    ▄▄██████████▄▄    ▄██▀
▀██▄▄ ▀▀██████████▀▀ ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

[    ]
Jkattt

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:24:45 PM

Bitcoin is frequently attacked with spam transactions in order to create a bottle neck in the block chain and push people into panic mode.

No need to panic. Bitcoin is A Ok.
bgaf

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:25:50 PM

I think because miners are temporarily pumping BCH, another bitcoin drama. I'm not sure if everything is back to normal now since bitcoin price is starting to recover again and BCH is getting dumped again. I hope that transactions would go faster now, because a lot of people are worrying about their bitcoin transactions.

slate_main

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:26:13 PM

Hilarious OP, has no one stumbled across that page before, you know, the mempool one - it's fine, once this gets to a certain level, the BTC masternode comes in and hoovers up all the transactions, and fees  Wink
Haunebu

Activity: 435

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:31:42 PM

This is a very worrying state of affairs as it proves to some degree that this 'decentralized' currency is not fully decentralized if a few people can manipulate the system like this so easily. Makes me concerned for the future of BTC.
You got it all wrong. Every market can be manipulated to a certain degree(Stocks, Crypto etc). Everyone knows this. This does not mean that they can execute their plans successfully all the time. This also does not suggest that bitcoin is a centralized currency controlled by a particular group of people. Bitcoin is a complete decentralized currency which allows anonymous transactions to a degree which is far better than FIAT currencies. Don't let the bitcoin cash situation waver your faith in bitcoin.
barabut

Activity: 126

"Highest ROI crypto infrastructure"

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:41:02 PM

The fact that the number of unauthorized transactions is so great really puts Bitcoin's trademark value, its functionality at a point of dispute, and as we look at the value, Bitcoine hurts.
This process seems to be worked on the most BCC side. It may be useful not to use BTC for a while when exchanging money between exchanges. This situation increased both feelings and seriously affected the sending times. With the latest hard work, ETH allows even the smallest Gwei to do serious speeding.

BitcoinPanther

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:48:42 PM

People panicking isn't going to help the issue when they try taking their bitcoin out and putting it into something else. If I was mining bitcoin I probably would switch to bitcoin cash if it was more profitable.

I do agree, panic won't do a think or help speed up transaction, though voicing out something together with other user can at least get attention.  I think one of those 134k transaction were mine.  I send my BTC and took me more than 12 hours to confirm, I need to push it via accelerator and hoping to hasten the confirmation, even with the accelerator I still need to wait for another 3 hours for the first confirmation.  I think this is another spam from the opposing developer and if you can look at the scenario, these unconfirmed transaction pushes the price of BCH up.

▄▄██████████████▄▄
        ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████████████▄
     ██████████████████████████████
    ████████▀███████████████████████
   █████████▌  ▀█████████████████████
  ██████████▌    ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
 ███████████      ▀██▀      ▄██████████
 ████████████▄      ▀     ▄████████████
███████████████▄        ▄███████████████
███████████████▀        ▀██████████████
 ████████████▀     ▄      ▀████████████
 ██████████▀      ▄██▄     ████████████
  ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▄  ▐███████████
  ███████████████████████▄▐███████████
   ██████████████████████████████████
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
      ▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀██████████████▀▀

×CHAINge

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
×  Facebook
×  Telegram
×  Bitcointalk
×  Medium
×  Linkedin
×  Twitter

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
[/tab
Coldsnap4457

Activity: 98

STOCKBET TOKEN SALE OCT 29 - USABLE SOFTWARE TODAY

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:49:31 PM

Along with Bitcoin spam transactions they're also trying to make emergency adjustments to BCH mining difficulty while they pump BCH price. They also have "BCH much wow" sockpuppets roaming the web talking up to coincide with pump movements.

It's not something that's sustainable, they can only do it in burst and each burst gets more pathetic as the cryptocommunity wises up and tells them to fuck off.

Transactions will clear when they've burnt through too much money and give up, there's also only so long collaborators like Shapeshift can justify putting a hold on Bitcoin transactions.

Take note of what all of these people are doing now, remember who betrayed and tried to manipulate you when the dust settles.

I assume that you are saying that they are spamming Bitcoin?  Can you provide proof?

gentlemand
Legendary

Hello You

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:52:51 PM

I assume that you are saying that they are spamming Bitcoin?  Can you provide proof?

Try sending a Bitcoin?

When BCH happened on August 1st the time leading up to that was yet another period when fees went through the roof. As soon as big blockers got what they wanted the mempool was empty and almost free transactions went through.

Now big blockers want to force Bitcoin users onto their chain and kill Bitcoin. What's the easiest way of doing that? Pump it and spam it again.

Cutekittens21

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:01:04 PM

yawn
people only screaming about the price

temporary price drama.
if people are checking the price several times a day, they are literally asking to give themselves mental anxiety issues.

the cure. dont invest more than you fear losing and dont check the price daily

^

the only way to invest in crypto. stfu and hodl.
gentlemand
Legendary

Hello You

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:03:25 PM

yawn

Some people actually want to use it for stuff. That's why it becomes a serious problem when it's too expensive to transact. BCH will never have this problem because no one uses it for anything.

burnedbyfees

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:19:51 PM

yawn

Some people actually want to use it for stuff. That's why it becomes a serious problem when it's too expensive to transact. BCH will never have this problem because no one uses it for anything.

Grin

When you look at BCH communities they honestly have no endgame. They are against a coin being a store of value and just rant about "superior tech".

The fact is that there are far superior coins out there to both currencies.

The only thing going for Bitcoin is that it's an accepted store of value, it was the coin that started it all and a reserve currency, the only thing going for BCH is that it's a fork of something valuable with a similar name. Neither coin are remarkable compared to newer coins they are both inferior.

If they destroy BTC, (which make no mistake, this is what they're aiming for, check their Reddit) it won't be their coin that claims the throne, at least not for more than a week.

They would destroy their own coin, they would destroy the concept of a "digital gold" store of value, and they would probably kill the whole market if that safety net is gone. Everything will look like tulipmania, twats like Jamie Dimon and Peter Schiff would be proven right and these plotters would go right back to being insignificant nerds, rather than nerds who got lucky.

freeElectron

Activity: 103

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:43:22 PM

yawn

Grin

When you look at BCH communities they honestly have no endgame. They are against a coin being a store of value and just rant about "superior tech".

The only thing going for Bitcoin is that it's an accepted store of value, it was the coin that started it all and a reserve currency, the only thing going for BCH is that it's a fork of something valuable with a similar name. Neither coin are remarkable compared to newer coins they are both inferior.

If they destroy BTC, (which make no mistake, this is what they're aiming for, check their Reddit) it won't be their coin that claims the throne, at least not for more than a week.

They would destroy their own coin, they would destroy the concept of a "digital gold" store of value, and they would probably kill the whole market if that safety net is gone. Everything will look like tulipmania, twats like Jamie Dimon and Peter Schiff would be proven right and these plotters would go right back to being insignificant nerds, rather than nerds who got lucky.

The whole purpose of Segwit1x(BTC) is to stall the development, increase the transaction fees, and force people into centralized banks on the blockchain (lightningNetwork), which will do transactions off the blockchain.
If you like the decentralized bitcoin project, you should stop all support for the hijacked coin.
durilup

Activity: 186

★ BitClave $22M/$25M on pre-sale ★

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:46:40 PM

It seems like bitcoin is outdated with these unconfirmed transactions . yesterday were like 200.000 transactions unconfirmed .
We need a good update for this and a smaller fee for transactions

burnedbyfees

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:52:13 PM

yawn

Grin

The whole purpose of Segwit1x(BTC) is to stall the development, increase the transaction fees, and force people into centralized banks on the blockchain (lightningNetwork), which will do transactions off the blockchain.
If you like the decentralized bitcoin project, you should stop all support for the hijacked coin.

The only hijacking is going on from Ver and cronies with their manipulation. Bitcoin Cash will  never be accepted as Bitcoin, not by our community or by outsiders looking in. The only thing they would do if they could pull a flip off (which they can't because it's less popular than cancer) is trash the concept of a store of value.

I could name a dozen coins, even coins derided as shitcoins that are "better tech" right now than both coins. There's only one Bitcoin and you ain't it.

freeElectron

Activity: 103

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:58:26 PM

yawn

Grin

The only hijacking is going on from Ver and cronies with their manipulation. Bitcoin Cash will  never be accepted as Bitcoin, not by our community or by outsiders looking in. The only thing they would do if they could pull a flip off (which they can't because it's less popular than cancer) is trash the concept of a store of value.

I could name a dozen coins, even coins derided as shitcoins that are "better tech" right now than both coins. There's only one Bitcoin and you ain't it.

So you don't care that the BTC will become off limits to the users, and will only be for banks (centralized off chain hubs)?
You do realize this is where it is heading with segwit and lightning network?

Yanisumin

Activity: 546

★Nitrogensports.eu★

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:04:40 PM

what the heck is going on?  https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions

They do this on purpose, intentionally. They try to show the vulnerability of bitcoin to make BCC strong.

People won't get fooled because of jihan wu's manipulative actions. Once again, we won't get fooled into your BCC garbage.

The community will maintain strong even in the bad days and bitcoin will born from its ashed like a phoenix!

"People like to throw things on things that shine"
Bitcoin have been reigning the crypto world for the last 8 years and no one ever comes close to it. There are back and forth feedbacks, opinions and criticism that is being put into its name. Some early new is that famous people are calling it speculative and some physics thingy is making a scratch into its name. The dangerous part is that wrong information nowadays can still a very large dent on the hearts and mind of everyone, especially when things are getting rough, we all know that we have been in this part and we will be on this again in the future and this will continue.
I don't know if the traffic is intentional but I have some unconfirmed transactions too last week and I used CPFP just to make my BTC processed smoothly.
This community has a weakness because they are just riding on the tides of rally, if someone crumble then everyone will, thanks to those people who are remaining strong despite all of this and I'm hoping Sat wont withdraw his BTC on bulk because these will cause a distortion on the price.
Too early to say who will prevail in this era.

█████████████████     ████████
       ████████              ████████
     ████████     ███████  ████████     ████████
    ████████     █████████████████     ████████
████████     ████████  ███████     ████████
          ████████     █████████████████
▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
▬▬ THE LARGEST & MOST TRUSTED ▬▬
      BITCOIN SPORTSBOOK     
   ▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
             ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀        ▀▄▄▄▄           
▄▀▀▀▀                 █   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
█                    ▀▄          █
 █   ▀▌     ██▄        █          █               
 ▀▄        ▐████▄       █        █
  █        ███████▄     ▀▄       █
   █      ▐████▄█████████████████████▄
   ▀▄     ███████▀                  ▀██
    █      ▀█████    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
     █       ▀███   ████      ████   ██
     ▀▄        ██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
      █        ██        ▄██▄        ██
       █       ██        ▀██▀        ██
       ▀▄      ██    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
        █      ██   ████      ████   ██
         █▄▄▄▄▀██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
               ██▄                  ▄██
                ▀████████████████████▀

CASINO  ●  DICE  ●  POKER   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   24 hour Customer Support   

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.