Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 01:03:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why is bitcoin cash rising all of a sudden? is it killing original bitcoin?  (Read 1851 times)
ayurvedicurea (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:50:29 AM

I see that bitcoin cash is rising dramatically topping Ripple volume.
why is it happening?
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:00:31 AM

It's a very complex attack on Bitcoin by the Bitcoin Cash team.

They are using their massive amounts of both Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash to flood and congest the Bitcoin Core blockchain to decrease the speed and increase its fees.

At the same time they bought their own Bitcoin Cash to increase the price and trigger a wave of FOMO.

There are also a lot of shills going around spreading lies in hopes of making profits on this attack. It's basically the digital age equivalent of an on-going coup d'etat.

Don't support Bitcoin Cash if you believe in the true vision of Satoshi, which was to decentralize power.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:05:09 AM

why is it happening?
Spam attack, and likely has something to do with what the poster above me had mentioned when he took a guess that the Cash team is attacking Bitcoin and trying to make their own product appear more valuable. Seems pretty orchestrated to me, now that I am starting to look at some of the queues and address paths. It's likely not going to tone down for a fairly long while and we're going to experience a lot more spam before the week is over. Maybe we'll get lucky and they run out of transactions to spend, but you never know for sure.

Seems like there are whales significantly involved in all of this. I don't believe this would be happening without a massive amount of Bitcoin being used, in tandem with a ton of fiat currency.
ayurvedicurea (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:05:49 AM

They are using their massive amounts of both Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash to flood and congest the Bitcoin Core blockchain to decrease the speed and increase its fees.

At the same time they bought their own Bitcoin Cash to increase the price and trigger a wave of FOMO.

There are also a lot of shills going around spreading lies in hopes of making profits on this attack. It's basically the digital age equivalent of an on-going coup d'etat.

Don't support Bitcoin Cash if you believe in the true vision of Satoshi, which was to decentralize power.

very nice said, I too believe bitcoin cash sudden rise is too dramatic.
soza1sheng

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:18:55 AM

But Bcash have no spending power. Our can only pump and dump the coin for profit. Bcash will never replace core.
arorts

Activity: 408
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:25:00 AM
Last edit: November 12, 2017, 03:45:27 AM by arorts

Well, let's put things in perspective, segwit (what you call 'original bitcoin') came AFTER bitcoin cash.
What I think is happening is that people are starting to accept the fact that bitcoin cash (BCH) can successfully deliver on both fronts:  store of value AND transactional/payment capabilities so it'd have the best of both worlds whereas core/segwit seems to focus mainly on store of value.

Personally, I'd give priority to store of value but the transaction/payment/currency market is actually a LOT larger than gold so if BCH can deliver on both fronts then Bitcoin in general will face NO competition and will cement its place as THE cryptocurrency king and really take off. What I really like about BCH is that the block size can be dynamic and not fixed so it could adjust accordingly.

Most of the comments you will find around in forums refer to calling names the people behind these projects to discredit them and play the  fundamentalism card. I couldn't' care less about that. I only care about the power of their ideas and ability to deliver. :-)

It's unfortunate that the community is divided but let's not forget that we are all for bitcoin and we should not be divided. I'm cautiously optimistic about BCH but let's see what the market decides.
KikloV

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:26:07 AM

why is it happening?

The Flippening

https://theflippening.github.io/open-letter-to-bitcoin-miners-from-another-miner/

Cool
10yearsolder

Activity: 114

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:26:30 AM

I don't trust this greedy Jihan Wu and his cohorts. They play the dirtiest games in crypto for them to rise in power. The crypto world used to be an innovation that is insulated from politics and other personal and greedy tricks. Jihan Wu helped to change such clean face of crypto and turned it the other way around. The pump happening right now is not permanent. The fork of Bitcoin Cash is happening tomorrow. Thus the pump.
CryptoClown

Activity: 261
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:27:13 AM

So this is really what's happening now. I've no idea but I was surprised lately that my friend said that Bitcoin Cash is on the rise. Let's see how long they could keep up with what they are doing now.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:37:15 AM

I don't trust this greedy Jihan Wu and his cohorts. They play the dirtiest games in crypto for them to rise in power. The crypto world used to be an innovation that is insulated from politics and other personal and greedy tricks. Jihan Wu helped to change such clean face of crypto and turned it the other way around. The pump happening right now is not permanent. The fork of Bitcoin Cash is happening tomorrow. Thus the pump.
This is partially my stance on the matter as well. Jihan Wu and Roger Ver are two very shady people that act nice in public and manipulate everything from behind the scenes. I will wait patiently for Bitcoin Core to sort things out. Proper scaling that works for the whole community takes time.

Meanwhile Wu and Ver are more interested in playing power games and trying to gain control than in preserving the community. They don't care if people lose money in the process thanks to the manipulative schemes they follow, as long as it could result in more control for them.

I'll just stay in Bitcoin and altcoins and ignore Bitcoin Cash entirely.

And if Bitcoin Cash miracurously ended up winning I'll just use Ethereum instead of supporting those con artists.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:38:59 AM

So this is really what's happening now. I've no idea but I was surprised lately that my friend said that Bitcoin Cash is on the rise. Let's see how long they could keep up with what they are doing now.
They have a lot of fiat money, Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash. So they could keep this going for a while. Note that Bitmain has stopped accepting Bitcoin for Antminers over a month ago and only accepts Bitcoin Cash now.

That was already part of this attack. Their manipulative schemes reach back quite far.
keycellko

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:50:57 AM

why is it happening?

I actually read something that says bch is gonna go for 2nd place and tear ethereum apart. The growth rate of 57% in 72 hours is alarming. This happened after the cancellation of segwit2x. I just hope this is not a cry of protest. This may lead to killing btc but i hope it won't. It used to be a clear sunshine for btc. Now with bch sudden spike, i'm seeing dark clouds approaching.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:53:15 AM

why is it happening?

I actually read something that says bch is gonna go for 2nd place and tear ethereum apart. The growth rate of 57% in 72 hours is alarming. This happened after the cancellation of segwit2x. I just hope this is not a cry of protest. This may lead to killing btc but i hope it won't. It used to be a clear sunshine for btc. Now with bch sudden spike, i'm seeing dark clouds approaching.
57% in 72 hours is not alarming. We've seen greater increases in crypto several times.

And this is not a cry of protest. It's extreme levels of market manipulation by the Bitcoin Cash team.
bitcoincollector03

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 04:12:50 AM

going up to 2k now
Sephire

Activity: 700
Merit: 136

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 04:16:17 AM

I think this kind of extreme market manipulation cannot last beyond the weekend. It should be
over by Sunday evening.
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 04:25:56 AM

why is it happening?
Yeah, i am constantly checking bitcoin cash price and it turned all time high, currently selling at $1800.
Looks like traders are moving all their bitcoin to bitcoin cash, they want to replace bitcoin by this new currency.
People follow what they think is profitable.If the pumping continues, it may go upto $5000 and even more.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 04:31:21 AM

why is it happening?
Yeah, i am constantly checking bitcoin cash price and it turned all time high, currently selling at $1800.
Looks like traders are moving all their bitcoin to bitcoin cash, they want to replace bitcoin by this new currency.
People follow what they think is profitable.If the pumping continues, it may go upto $5000 and even more.
This is unfortunately true. It's quite pathetic that people follow the money, even if it comes through manipulation and deception like in the case of Bitmain and Bitcoin Cash.

If Crypto was regulated the Bitcoin Cash team would be going straight to jail.
linkybit

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

Keep Working

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 04:55:07 AM

I think this kind of extreme market manipulation cannot last beyond the weekend. It should be
over by Sunday evening.

We can only hope so, in crypto world nothing is the finale.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
ryanben

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 04:58:56 AM

After the BTC failed to implement Segwit2X it looks like this time BCH is determined and will replace BTC lead the market. People are panicking for what is happening in the battle between the BTC and the BCH. I'm still skeptical of this bold move from the BCH and if this coup succeeds then the altcoin market will likely have similar coups.

BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:12:24 AM

After the BTC failed to implement Segwit2X it looks like this time BCH is determined and will replace BTC lead the market. People are panicking for what is happening in the battle between the BTC and the BCH. I'm still skeptical of this bold move from the BCH and if this coup succeeds then the altcoin market will likely have similar coups.
BTC didn't "fail" to implement SegWit2x.

Check who voted against SegWit2x.
It was the Bitcoin Cash team! They are manipulating public opinion, the Bitcoin Core blockchain (flooding transactions), and the Bitcoin Cash price. And they have been planning this for months, as you can see by Bitmain only accepting Bitcoin Cash for their new miners since a few months back.

Bitcoin is doing just fine, Bitcoin Cash is the piece of shit that can't play fair and square and has to resort to shady behind the scenes manipulation in order to even stand a chance.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: