Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 09:51:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: My advice to Bitcoin newbies: relax  (Read 4908 times)
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:14:03 PM

Hello everyone, recently there has been a lot of panic on this forum due to the big price change of Bitcoin (as it always happens). Understandably, many people are confused and worried as they have lost thousands in their value, especially if they have bought higher than the current price. But as someone who has been into Bitcoin for 1.5 years (not too long, I know) I want to advice to newcomers to simply relax. Huge price swing were always a part of Bitcoin, so there's nothing extraordinary here and the worst thing you can do is to make panic trades. Basically, there are two main approaches to Bitcoin trading - you either hodl it, meaning you never sell it until it reached "the moon", or you are actively trading it to get profit from volatility. So, if you believe in Bitcoin's technology and don't experience as a trader, I suggest you to not touch your coins - Bitcoin always tends to increase in its value in the long run.

Now traders are waiting to buy the more bitcoin with offering high cost than the Coindesk or Preev price index. Many newcomers in the forum simply selling out their coin for fiat cash and different altcoins. These kind of moves will always taken by the whales to reduce the bitcoin growth and value. This time they touches the mining process in bitcoin. Please ignore these of price fluctuations and you will be able to make more with the holding like reaching to next peak as everyone expected.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Doell

Activity: 2156
Merit: 531

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 06:22:45 PM

you give a really cool motivation once the newbie need a boost according to your topic this , should not worry about newbie bitcoin problem that is going down occasionally try something new to move join in altcoin unit is also quite profitable , newbie need belief more like you long wrestle in bitcoin

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
BlueFlare Magazine Co.

Activity: 52
Merit: 10

BlueFlare財務雑誌

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 06:23:44 PM

My advice is relax to all coins that you trust invested.

和英通訳経済雑誌
Strictly traditional translation OK
PM for contact
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:28:41 PM

I'd write a nice post but no one reads anyway prolly..

BTC is over $5k  !!!!

How fucking greedy are you?

Alright alright sorry for you poor newbs that bought the top, maybe it will go up even higher, maybe it won't..

You want to know how to make money trading? You take money from the unlucky sucker that bought the top..

Did you lose your money or take someone else's?

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
barabut

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:33:21 PM

Hello everyone, recently there has been a lot of panic on this forum due to the big price change of Bitcoin (as it always happens). Understandably, many people are confused and worried as they have lost thousands in their value, especially if they have bought higher than the current price. But as someone who has been into Bitcoin for 1.5 years (not too long, I know) I want to advice to newcomers to simply relax. Huge price swing were always a part of Bitcoin, so there's nothing extraordinary here and the worst thing you can do is to make panic trades. Basically, there are two main approaches to Bitcoin trading - you either hodl it, meaning you never sell it until it reached "the moon", or you are actively trading it to get profit from volatility. So, if you believe in Bitcoin's technology and don't experience as a trader, I suggest you to not touch your coins - Bitcoin always tends to increase in its value in the long run.
Bitcoin offers a nice buying opportunity for those who are going to decline, but it is not yet clear which way to move, a thousand dollars out, a thousand bucks rise again Bitcoin is no longer a problem, I would not jump right away, it might give me a new opportunity to buy, I choose to wait.
andiko

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

Asura – Self Sustainable eSport ecosystem

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:40:29 PM

If you are not engaged in trading, it is best to forget about bitcoin for several years.

SirWilliam

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:44:17 PM

Exactly, seen this 100 times already over the past 5 years.
dg2010

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:58:25 PM

Yes yes, I totally agree with you. The best way an unprofessional trader can do now is buying Bitcoin and wait until it recover. Do not panic sell. You will be regret
Enzo05

Activity: 938
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:12:28 PM

Thanks for this advice , And yes now btc price goes down well what I do is just hold it  until i get profit .
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:25:07 PM

I first got involved when Bitcoin was selling on Mt. Gox for $90. I watched it climb all the way to $260 and then fall back down to below $90. That was quite a ride back then. But still nothing compared to its high of $1300 around Christmas time of 2013. And yes, it dropped back down to the 200s in 2014.

Bitcoin is always going to be volatile I think. The prices are much higher now, but the volatility hasn't changed much. If you're not a day trader and you want to be in Bitcoin, you should consider it to be a long play. Probably best to buy a bit over a period of several months to take advantage of dollar cost averaging rather than buying it all in one lump sum.

I would also advise you to consider the entire Cryptocurrency industry. It's not just Bitcoin anymore, and it really never was except maybe in the first few years. Even when I got involved there were several other cryptocurrencies out there, and had I ignored them I would not be where I am today. Many of the altcoins fulfill niches and have capabilities that Bitcoin will never have. For example, have you considered holding proof of stake coins? Those are coins which mint more of themselves just by sitting in your wallet. Beyond technical capabilities, coins have particular niches. For example, NEM has a solid block chain technology which can support other coins and tokens. STEEM is backed by an entire social media network. Diamond (DMD) is meant to be held as a store of value, and also functions in a similar way to proof of stake coins.

You can find coins listed by rank on coinmarketcap.com (and please note there are at least seven pages after the top 100 ranked coins). Each coin there is individually listed (you can click on its hyperlinked icon) and includes a link to its Bitcointalk thread and website, so it's easy to learn more about each coin. Look for coins that have good communities, development teams (not a one man show), a solid plan for the coin beyond speculation, infrastructure supporting the coin, and incentive to hold the coin. When you find a few coins that meet those criteria, then head over to their forums or threads on this forum to learn more and start asking questions. When you're satisfied, you can designate a certain amount to put towards investing in these coins on a periodic basis. Think of it in a similar way to how you might invest in a retirement account with one key difference: anything you put into cryptocurrencies needs to be throwaway money, in other words money you don't need for anything else, money you can afford to lose. That way when you see swings in your coin's price (and you will see them) you can relax about it and keep going (if the coin is still a good one).
xBitHodler

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:36:03 PM

There is always a huge panic when we are having a correction. People are selling their bitcoins because there was no hard fork. Even if we had it, people would still cash out after everything was clear. I learned a long time ago not to panic when the price goes rapidly down. Probably, it is because I have started to understand what is happening.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:45:08 PM

Amen. We get more newbis to sign up for the forum in times of crisis, rather than in stale times or positive times. Whenever the network get congested, whenever the price takes a serious dip, THEN we get all the new account with the pumpkin spice level basic questions  Grin

anywho, please calm the fuck down folks. im talking to those of you that sold, as you are responsible for the dip in price. understand folks. if no one sells, the price doesnt change. so when i see all this shit about "im holding until my hand rots!" but I see the price going down, it seems to me that some one isnt telling the truth. dont fud/mislead people. the sentiment is obviously that peple lost faith in bitcoin, and switched, before having second thoughts and switching back. and this isnt just noobs' ;this was old hands. too much volume  Wink

so take all that super enthusiasm the older heads push with a grain of salt. words are nothing without proof. and the proof suggest something other than the words do.
Oroplata

Activity: 57

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:59:42 PM

As a newbie, I experienced these two down full price event firstly before August 1 and secondly this latest event. I just listened to what senior members recommend, which is to hodl the bitcoin. At the same time I bought some bitcoin. I also notice that there was some involvement of BCH on these two events.
Marcogwapo

Activity: 63
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:11:03 AM

thanks for that very interesting idea. The price of bitcoins is changing but until now I'm still a newbie. Is there any other way to level up my account so that I can join those signature campaign?
kush14

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:11:44 AM

Relax and be patient earning bitcoins
drm
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:16:33 AM

thanks for that very interesting idea. The price of bitcoins is changing but until now I'm still a newbie. Is there any other way to level up my account so that I can join those signature campaign?

The only way to level up your account is to be active and make posts, non spam obviously.
Jerry Patterson

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:34:25 AM

The best thing about Bitcoin is the ability to move away from paper fiat. Even though the fees are high, I will be staying confident in my approach to using and replacing.
peach56

Activity: 167
Merit: 59

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:58:19 AM

In my opinion its probably best to see Bitcoin from a larger perspective, not exactly from just a month to month basis. With a absolutely huge chunk off investment into this currency from not just large multinational but many start up tech firms starting up their token sales within the world of ICO's I think that for now we must still be for the thought that actually Bitcoin will keep rising for the foreseeable future until investments into large scale ICO's will start to dwindle the BTC and ETH currencies. Even if there is a circumstantial crash within the market place, I do believe other more developed and revolutionary cryptocurrency will come out that will be able to store data/ currency and additional things we are yet to test out.

jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:12:48 AM

Aaaaaand Bitcoin is on its way up again. I hope you didn't panic dump Bitcoin because Bitcoin Cash was rising. It was an obviously orchestrated pump and dump, and the orchestrators have run off with your money.

I have to give them credit though, their FUD were able to rattle quite a large chunk of the community. Let this be a lesson to newbies: trust the process and HODL. Hostile takeovers are cute and may be alarming, but they never win out in the end. There will be another such attack in the future for sure, and you would be wise to use that opportunity to buy low or simply HODL.

LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 01:31:48 AM

I am a newbie with bitcoin and thanks for your advice. It helps newbies like me to not do panic selling because the price of bitcoin will immediately rise after a sudden decrease.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: