Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:17:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: My advice to Bitcoin newbies: relax  (Read 4910 times)
Cryptelo

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 11:46:38 AM

please tell them that their panic trading will cause the price to go down even more.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Fasdartin

Activity: 618
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:19:22 PM

Hello everyone, recently there has been a lot of panic on this forum due to the big price change of Bitcoin (as it always happens). Understandably, many people are confused and worried as they have lost thousands in their value, especially if they have bought higher than the current price. But as someone who has been into Bitcoin for 1.5 years (not too long, I know) I want to advice to newcomers to simply relax. Huge price swing were always a part of Bitcoin, so there's nothing extraordinary here and the worst thing you can do is to make panic trades. Basically, there are two main approaches to Bitcoin trading - you either hodl it, meaning you never sell it until it reached "the moon", or you are actively trading it to get profit from volatility. So, if you believe in Bitcoin's technology and don't experience as a trader, I suggest you to not touch your coins - Bitcoin always tends to increase in its value in the long run.

You see this advise of yours is something that should be as sticky and what every newbie should know about. I am sure if I had read this and digested it with proper understanding, there would have been some decisions I would have taken differently but what we cannot do is change the past but we can correct our coming actions which is the future.

Unfortunately, only a few newbie will take this as an advice while the remaining others will learn from their own experience rather from the experiences of others and it will be so disheartening to see someone fall despite all the various warnings and enlightenment such as this as we have it. We will continue to say our own, and wish they would listen.
My advice to newbies is read something about cryptocurrency especially the coins he/she want to collect. And he/she can asked some help to someone who also use bitcoin hoe it works, or if no one to asked then do it in your own. You dont need to be smart when you using bitcoin, just have knowledge about it and you can do it  to yourself without help of others.
Eugenar

Activity: 1274
Merit: 278

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:22:34 PM

Hello everyone, recently there has been a lot of panic on this forum due to the big price change of Bitcoin (as it always happens). Understandably, many people are confused and worried as they have lost thousands in their value, especially if they have bought higher than the current price. But as someone who has been into Bitcoin for 1.5 years (not too long, I know) I want to advice to newcomers to simply relax. Huge price swing were always a part of Bitcoin, so there's nothing extraordinary here and the worst thing you can do is to make panic trades. Basically, there are two main approaches to Bitcoin trading - you either hodl it, meaning you never sell it until it reached "the moon", or you are actively trading it to get profit from volatility. So, if you believe in Bitcoin's technology and don't experience as a trader, I suggest you to not touch your coins - Bitcoin always tends to increase in its value in the long run.
I can't agree with you more. The newcomers are easily worrying about sudden changes on its market value but they should not. Bitcoin is volatile in nature so changes on its market value is just normal. The best thing to do for them to keep in mind is to HOLD and if possible, invest to take advantage of the price drop. Because it will eventually increase after few days. As you've said, for the long run, bitcoin's value will rise.
thecodebear

Activity: 2072
Merit: 813

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:29:39 PM

This is not an ordinary "price" swing.  The end is near for legacy Bitcoin.

Said the guy 4 days before Bitcoin was back up to the mid-7000s price it was before the crash hahahahah

Apparently you are the OPs audience. As he said, learn to RELAX and not freak out over every dip. Your "the end is near for legacy Bitcoin" crash was completely erased in one week. With Bitcoin now preparing to break out into new ATHs in the coming days.
Mumbeeptind1963

Activity: 1190
Merit: 568

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 01:11:34 PM

You see this advise of yours is something that should be as sticky and what every newbie should know about. I am sure if I had read this and digested it with proper understanding, there would have been some decisions I would have taken differently but what we cannot do is change the past but we can correct our coming actions which is the future.

Unfortunately, only a few newbie will take this as an advice while the remaining others will learn from their own experience rather from the experiences of others and it will be so disheartening to see someone fall despite all the various warnings and enlightenment such as this as we have it. We will continue to say our own, and wish they would listen.
Just make your own experience to know bitcoin, because it much better if your doing it to yourself to understand it more. Read and research is two things to help you about bitcoin, you can also asked help if something you dont understand about this coin.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Phyton76

Activity: 504
Merit: 268

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:29:19 PM

As someone who held bitcoin for a while do you think the recent price surge since January is an elaborate conspiracy pump & dump scheme and how long would you think is going to take for prices to recover?
Being a bitcoin newbie is not a simple thing, there are so many things that you need to learn. It's good to offer guidance, but I think you are partially right in that they need to work a lot of it out themselves and learn from their mistakes like all of us have at too. The majority of people and not just newbies are looking to either 1. Use the currency for what was envisioned by Satoshi 2. Make a profit and convert it to fiat. I don't have a problem with either of those because they both help Bitcoin in the long term. But then you can make use of all the things about bitcoin.
hatshepsut93 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 2145

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:52:45 PM

Said the guy 4 days before Bitcoin was back up to the mid-7000s price it was before the crash hahahahah

Apparently you are the OPs audience. As he said, learn to RELAX and not freak out over every dip. Your "the end is near for legacy Bitcoin" crash was completely erased in one week. With Bitcoin now preparing to break out into new ATHs in the coming days.

I'm sure that he is just a paid troll who spreads FUD for people like Roger Ver and Jihan Wu when they want to pump their BCH. Genuine newbies are usually very unsure about everything while this guy was pretty confident that Bitcoin is dead. And it's really important that we, as Bitcoin community, oppose those shills on every media to not let their lies misguide newbies and lose their money by investing in worthless altcoins that has no other purpose than to damage Bitcoin.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
thecodebear

Activity: 2072
Merit: 813

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:38:07 PM

I'm sure that he is just a paid troll who spreads FUD for people like Roger Ver and Jihan Wu when they want to pump their BCH. Genuine newbies are usually very unsure about everything while this guy was pretty confident that Bitcoin is dead. And it's really important that we, as Bitcoin community, oppose those shills on every media to not let their lies misguide newbies and lose their money by investing in worthless altcoins that has no other purpose than to damage Bitcoin.

Oh yeah obviously he is a BCH shill. They've really come out of the woodworks this past week. You can see them all over the comments sections of Bitcoin articles. They'll slowly go back into hiding as BCH continues to bleed out back down to its original price before the pump and dump.
jovs

Activity: 672

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:46:24 PM

Exactly, Bitcoin and crypto market is known to be a wild one and its behaviour is getting even volatile day by day. However, these things are going to happen many times in the coming years as we don't have stable level as of now (we are growing day by day and not everyone is aware of most of the things) but when it comes to the long term, I think it is going to be an optimistic picture and nothing to worry about it. In short term, volatility will not go anywhere but Bitcoin will keep growing over the years.
. Bitcointalk has the capability to move its price in a such manner so we or the people the uses bitcoin should always think that it is a natural way for bitcoin to experience development and growth in terms of transactions and investment. If you are going to have a bitcoon as a source of your income and for you to have profit you should definitely learn the system of bitcoin and make all your effort good. It is good to stay relax but not too much because you much need more to do your paet for you to gain profit.
Malaya

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:55:50 PM

I could definitely agree on this! Bitcoin has it's amazing potential to continuous gain it's value overtime. That is right that being relaxed on investing could be a good attitude to consider for we believe that bitcoin is a booming cryto currency. But ofcourse resources to be put on your bitcoin investment might be risky. But it is better to believe and wait for a better outcome.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
Wardtr

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:12:07 PM

I totally agree with you man
flippener

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 08:06:04 PM

Simples!

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

krulviper

Activity: 354
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 09:28:04 AM

i agree with you, when bitcoin chart make a trend, it will go down to make correction, but i think it will up again and higher than the price before.

► BLOCKBURN ◄ ★WHERE CRYPTOCURRENCY AND ONLINE GAMING MEET★ ► BLOCKBURN ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   ABOUT US   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Medium|LinkedIn|Telegram|Reddit|CoinMarketCap
Habbiton

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 09:31:26 AM

Just hodl!
Gens09

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:22:43 AM

I agree with this one for the newbie here that's normal the btc can increase or decrease in a really big amount because it is some how related to the economy of your country do not be disappointed if that's happen because will turn back as it is.
Prettyme

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:27:52 AM

With this kind of situation I think newbie must acquired a lot of information about bitcoin so that they will be aware and prepare for what would happen to bitcoin. Your knowledge is more powerful to understand what is happening to your bitcoin environment. It is really a shocking moment for the newbie because of unstoppable rising of bitcoin price so just relax.

CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:32:36 AM

Great advice. My biggest profit from Bitcoin and cryptocurrency activities so far has been due to hodling Bitcoin. The recent bubble got me into new level that I've never been into before. Glad that I know Bitcoin in the right time. I've experience panic trading (buying/selling) too before, and most of the time it just make me losses instead of gaining profit. To all newbies: Listen to what OP said, it works.

I'll keep accumulating for a while until I have quite an amount of Bitcoin before investing into something else. Like OP, I'm also a long term believer.
chichigirl

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

HELENA

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:34:14 AM

This is not an ordinary "price" swing.  The end is near for legacy Bitcoin.
there is no end to the famous bitcoin.

Yes, bitcoin is still famous and still alive and kicking! Lol!  Grin

Bitcoin price always brings so much surprises. It drops then suddenly recover. Wink

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y
|    TWITTER    |   TELEGRAM   |    DISCORD    |
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JOIN NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
wilhb81

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:37:42 AM

I'm not to be mean, but honestly, it's very hard for the newbies to listen to the advice from the seniors (tell them to relax making them more nervous) They might eventually learn the process, either by the easy way or the hard way...

________Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency________
█████████ ██ ███ ██      PUNDI X      ██ ███ ██ █████████
Whitepaper      Twitter      Facebook      Telegram      Medium      Youtube
illdyking

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:41:31 AM

Im a newbie, but im studying bitcoin alot.

One thing that got me to relax aloooot was the podcast "We study billionaires - The investors podcast" Episode 160.

They explained alot about the SegwitX2
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: