Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:42:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: My advice to Bitcoin newbies: relax  (Read 4915 times)
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:46:24 AM

This is not an ordinary "price" swing.  The end is near for legacy Bitcoin.

Currently Bitcoin is sitting at $6600 which is only 13% lower than the ATH. Meanwhile, BCH has crashed 3 times lower from its short-lived, artificial ATH, because it wasn't actual users who switched from BTC to BCH, but merely individual manipulators with big pockets who decided to attack Bitcoin regardless of decision of their comrades to cancel another attack called SegWit2x. People were declaring Bitcoin dead hundreds of times already, yet with every year its value keeps increasing and userbase growing.

Bitcoin had been dead many times (declared by naysayers who are self-professing to be experts on Bitcoin though they could not spell the name of Satoshi Nakamoto) ) but just like the legendary Phoenix it keeps on resurrecting itself and soaring like a triumphant eagle every time. One thing for sure: Bitcoin is the most resilient cryptocurrency ever invented and nobody can dispute that. Despite its many problems, a critical mass of cryptocurrency enthusiasts trust the future with Bitcoin. People who are into Bitcoin especially the newcomers should go and study Bitcoin's story so they can be inspired to continue on 'hodling' and not go panic any time there is a dip no matter how big. A dip is actually the time to buy more and not to sell.
Bitcoinislifer09

Activity: 257
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:52:44 AM

Hello everyone, recently there has been a lot of panic on this forum due to the big price change of Bitcoin (as it always happens). Understandably, many people are confused and worried as they have lost thousands in their value, especially if they have bought higher than the current price. But as someone who has been into Bitcoin for 1.5 years (not too long, I know) I want to advice to newcomers to simply relax. Huge price swing were always a part of Bitcoin, so there's nothing extraordinary here and the worst thing you can do is to make panic trades. Basically, there are two main approaches to Bitcoin trading - you either hodl it, meaning you never sell it until it reached "the moon", or you are actively trading it to get profit from volatility. So, if you believe in Bitcoin's technology and don't experience as a trader, I suggest you to not touch your coins - Bitcoin always tends to increase in its value in the long run.
I agree to this thread,newbies just stay relax and calm because yes in this time the price of bitcoin is on high value but don't be confused because there are many times or opportunities will come to aim that higher value of bitcoin.So I advise to the newbies that continue to rank-up your accounts to you to be able to join in some trades.
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:35:30 PM

Hello everyone, recently there has been a lot of panic on this forum due to the big price change of Bitcoin (as it always happens). Understandably, many people are confused and worried as they have lost thousands in their value, especially if they have bought higher than the current price. But as someone who has been into Bitcoin for 1.5 years (not too long, I know) I want to advice to newcomers to simply relax. Huge price swing were always a part of Bitcoin, so there's nothing extraordinary here and the worst thing you can do is to make panic trades. Basically, there are two main approaches to Bitcoin trading - you either hodl it, meaning you never sell it until it reached "the moon", or you are actively trading it to get profit from volatility. So, if you believe in Bitcoin's technology and don't experience as a trader, I suggest you to not touch your coins - Bitcoin always tends to increase in its value in the long run.

Thanks dear bitcoin-friend. This encouragement word is needed for newbie, even for me, and maybe for all of us. Even little investors are worried because the change on recent change of bitcoin price, because some people manipulated the price. But from what i have read (yes, i didnt experienced it directly because im new too on bitcoin, bitcoin always survive this kind of things, and even grows bigger after some fluctuation. So i am too, after looking and reading at your topic, encouraging myself, to be not panic when the price goes down, and to hold bitcoins until it reaches my point price ( it is what i called it) and then sells it for a big profit.
Thanks again for your big and kind words. Good luck for all of us !
kkofor

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:33:03 PM

Yes, It is just a fluctuation. we should not be too worried. Let hold and relax, profit will come to you. Cheesy
chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:14:29 PM

This for all of us not just for newbies because there are people who already have lots of knowledge but they still do panic selling afraid of losing their investments..Bitcoin has not yet spread around the world but it really proves that it is worth for a long term investment..its trials thas being surpass by bitcoin and started recover
 just keep on buying and wait until its price will reach through it highest level.
LigwagGanern

Activity: 307
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:22:50 PM

My advice to bitcoin newbies is if you have now a bitcoin make sure that if you used it you are using it to increase it not to decrease. And make sure that if you are going to invest it, think that it is legit and not a scam. Because it is hard to earn now bitcoin because there is so many people or sites that is fake or scam. Think before you go!
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:28:36 PM

I agree with this. I do think we are overly obsessed with price in cryptocurrency. Yes, we like it when prices rise but I do wish we could stop concentrating too much on speculation. These days you have people buying their first bitcoin today and tomorrow they are speculating price movements. Can we concentrate on the technology and use cases please. That is the only way we can ensure those prices continue to rise.
wormgummy019

Activity: 328

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:49:38 PM

My advice for those newbies in bitcoin is make sure that if you already have bitcoin you must have a bitcoin wallet. There is so many bitcoin walley just search on google or in playstore. In my country the most popular bitcoin wallet is coins.ph. The admin of that walley is very polite and have a good service so if you are here in Phillipines I suggest to you to try coins.ph as you bitcoin wallet. After that if you want to invest you bitcoin ask someone who is EXPERT in bitcoin that have also a bitcoin. Don't ask anybody who don't know a lot from bitcoin because maybe if they know it, they will have an interest to your bitcoin. Don't trust anyone.
Caelanpelley

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:56:25 PM

Relax ? I know that the price change is bitcoin normally but I can not relax . It's my money that can be evaporated at any time . Can I take white in just a short time .
Fatemablabla

Activity: 546
Merit: 180

I'm Matured Now

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 03:59:13 PM

How can you relax when you are seeing with your owb eye that the money you save with the blood and sweat pain is just going away in some seconds?
sicparvismagna

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:04:05 PM

It's like studying in economics regarding the subject of law of supply and demand if bitcoin price decrease it's only natural because there are times that the demand of bitcoin is not that high because there are various way in which people can be earned here in bitcoin also if all of us tend to wait and wait would there would be enough for us to buy bitcoins. Also if we could see it the price of bitcoin as compared to the previous have drastically so be sure to kept that in our so that when the price tend to decreased that will help eased our mind.
bajigur894784

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:35:57 PM

I used to ask here '' whether bitcoin users do not need to know about bitcoin systems '' (more or less like that), many say '' no need ''.
But little by little as I gain more insight into bitcoin, I tell myself that at least I should understand the bitcoin system.
..one of the many cases, I've heard there are people who do the harmful trade because of the panic on the bitcoin price changes.
maybe it happens due to lack of one's understanding of bitcoin and its system.

I am grateful to find this paper, thank you sir...
Domenc

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:56:16 PM

How can you relax when you are seeing with your owb eye that the money you save with the blood and sweat pain is just going away in some seconds?

Then you might have not invested at the right time, it seems you just got attracted by the high pricing and invested in Bitcoin in hope of better profits in few days. It does not work like that; also if you have invested your money in Bitcoin, then you will definitely find yourself in profit when Bitcoin touches 10k USD. I think there is no loss in that, volatility is basic functioning of Bitcoin and one should enjoy it rather than being in panic swing.
Guzztsar

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 05:21:00 PM

For a so volatile and uncertain market, perhaps this is the best possible advice. I hope everyone reading it will take it seriously.
If you don't try hard to maintain calm, could end trapped in a chain of mistakes, losing money and emotional health
skyflakes88

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

▰▰ ARENA SPACE ▰▰

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 06:33:58 PM

YES! its the key when you are starting in something new RELAX so you can absorb all the necessary things fast and easy panicking will only do delay things and you might commit errors when you panic, emotional control is the first thing to settle in this kind of very volatile market believe me its crazy prices plays so fast..

Boximuss

Activity: 94
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 07:29:29 PM

Exactly the same story happened to me. I bought bitcoin for $ 4,500, and then the price dropped down to 3,800 dollars and was less than for $ 4,500 almost for a month. Sad But now I think that it was a good price.  Grin
cryptolit

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 07:36:23 PM

Sound advice, thanks. It helps to not check it's every little change in value.
lupooo

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:49:25 PM

Very good advice, I waited when bitcoin drop to 5k, never happened and now it climbing back  Sad I guess I'll just buy at current price.

It dropped during the BCH pump (or whatever it was on Nov. 12). Regardless, it is best to HODL both BTC + BCH. Holding the forks.
hatshepsut93 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 2148

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:24:37 AM

Sound advice, thanks. It helps to not check it's every little change in value.

Yes, compulsive price checking is another bad habit that is popular among newbies, but also season Bitcoin users. It's much better to create a strategy for yourself like "I'll sell Bitcoin when it will reach X or drop to Y" and then just check the price no more than 1-2 times per day. Checking price too much leads to additional stress and sometimes people might make rushed to decisions known as "panic sell" or "panic buy" - and in many cases panic-induced prices are very short-lived, so people who panicked find themselves in a loss, especially if they have sold (with buying it's a bit different because if you are hodling for a really long time it doesn't matter much what was the price at the moment of your buy).
L1240erion

Activity: 151

Permission-based advertising platform

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:40:40 AM

Always preferred to HODL it through. Managed to do that for years. Another point of advice is due diligence and smart diversification of your portfolio.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: