Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:56:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: My advice to Bitcoin newbies: relax  (Read 4911 times)
edi-mf

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:04:55 PM

I always suggest to do the first purchase, get some coins and don't do anything for at least a month. Don't panic, don't sell, don't do anything, just monitor the market. After the month the hype should be over and one should be well seasoned by then. And yeah just relax. Smiley
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
thenameisjay

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:08:30 PM

Hello everyone, recently there has been a lot of panic on this forum due to the big price change of Bitcoin (as it always happens). Understandably, many people are confused and worried as they have lost thousands in their value, especially if they have bought higher than the current price. But as someone who has been into Bitcoin for 1.5 years (not too long, I know) I want to advice to newcomers to simply relax. Huge price swing were always a part of Bitcoin, so there's nothing extraordinary here and the worst thing you can do is to make panic trades. Basically, there are two main approaches to Bitcoin trading - you either hodl it, meaning you never sell it until it reached "the moon", or you are actively trading it to get profit from volatility. So, if you believe in Bitcoin's technology and don't experience as a trader, I suggest you to not touch your coins - Bitcoin always tends to increase in its value in the long run.

I agree. A lot of newbies usually panic sell when they even see a slight drop from their initial investment. Investing in bitcoins really take a lot of balls to do but it takes bigger balls to hold your bitcoins until the right time to sell has come. Always hold and never listen to FUD.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:08:46 PM

I always suggest to do the first purchase, get some coins and don't do anything for at least a month. Don't panic, don't sell, don't do anything, just monitor the market. After the month the hype should be over and one should be well seasoned by then. And yeah just relax. Smiley

Yes just relax and think that there is always a risk.  That is why you have to invest what you are willing to lose. I remembered a special friend that it almost cursed me because I encouraged him to buy some bitcoins.  When bitcoin price drops he panicked and keeps on messaging me.  I just told him to relax or if he cannot just sell his bitcoin to me.
JoseJoseJose

Activity: 138
Merit: 4

Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:14:48 PM

More people was afraid of bitcoin to fall or maybe to end. But in the history of bitcoin, the value of bitcoin was changing day by day and it takes a year or a month for bitcoin to have a higher value. So, if you only think about money. You must try other alternative way rather than bitcoin.
plasmafrog75

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:18:46 PM

This is not an ordinary "price" swing.  The end is near for legacy Bitcoin.
I think this is not the first time that Bitcoin has changed much, but in the future, there will be many times more. I bought Bitcoin at different prices and encountered very few risks, with me not always, Fortunately in Bitcoin too, there are many risks due to waiting for investors in the future
BlackRacerX

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:01:47 PM

Title says it all. Bitcoin newbies should take a chill pill and just relax. Bitcoins will eventually bounce back to its high price based on the data vefore and the activity of the graphical movement of price. So don't cut your ties with bitcoins just yet and start hodling or buy more if you can.

racham02

Activity: 257

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:25:23 PM

newbie should not panic immediately if the BTC's market value is just normal,
you just have to wait for BTC's market value to go back.Just patience, relax also hold on the BTC coin.

Cryptotango

Activity: 37
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:43:23 PM

That's really strange when after every seasonal correction people start panic and predicting the death of cryptocurrency, blockchain technology and even this forum
MoneyCrafter

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:48:36 PM

Bitcoin price will increase certainly if people seize their chance and get some coins and actually keep them for as long as possible. Bitcoin does have some problems at the moment but everything will be okay very soon.
charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:28:16 PM

This is not an ordinary "price" swing.  The end is near for legacy Bitcoin.

Nope, $10,000 is a super high price now for Bitcoin stay in and accumulate, eventually it will go up higher than that and maybe the world will be a panic of buying it and not selling it.
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:24:48 PM

BTC corrections is usual market behaviour. So it is better to be long term holder and be patient with such corrections  Smiley Long term holders sometimes gain more profit than good traders Smiley
Patience and having your control over your emotions is not only necessary for the beginners but it is a must condition for all those who are there in this stuff no matter since how long they are into this world of bitcoin. Without having patience and control over your nerves, you will not be able to make out anything good as you will end up making wrong decision at the time when you need to think calmly using your mind.
newb-dev

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:27:52 PM

I agree with you. Don't panic when the prices go down. If you do not have enough information about bitcoin don't touch your wallet. Consider it a long term investment and leave it like this
kadutz25

Activity: 172
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:42:29 PM

my advice to beginners in bitcoin i suggest to learn to those who already know and already understand about bitcoin so they can go ahead how and how to plunge into bitcoin so i think studying on someone who really understand what bitcoin is and i think this is one way of learning for beginners in bitcoin Wink
Melquart

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:46:47 PM

If you are holding for long time you'll not look at the price now. Just be patient and the price will rise again.

weston4mills

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:51:08 PM

This is exactly what I did as a newbie. I am thinking at my money as long term investment so I don't let my feelings dictate when to hold or when to withdraw

Stockus Trading Platform— Join the future of Financial Markets
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ 
  ◆ Twitter Facebook • • TelegramMedium  ◆
Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:52:56 PM

If you are holding for long time you'll not look at the price now. Just be patient and the price will rise again.
Not looking for the price are may help you to be more relax and what may your mind will always take for is to have a lot of patience and staying calm for even that there is a lot of movement that may cause in panic .

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
██████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:58:44 PM

Not looking for the price are may help you to be more relax and what may your mind will always take for is to have a lot of patience and staying calm for even that there is a lot of movement that may cause in panic .
We all need to relax, not just newbies. I see many higher ranked people speaking about panic selling cause the end is near. I wouldn`t like to use some hard words against them, but that is really silly to think about bitcoin
after all this time. Bitcoin is now widely accepted, and in many countries bitcoin is regulated with some kind of laws, that got to mean something, right? With that many companies are accepting bitcoins or they thinking about spreading that to more crypto currencies, what ever is happening its going good for bitcoin and we need to relax and wait everything to come in the right time.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
joeydangerous

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:00:36 PM

BTC corrections is usual market behaviour. So it is better to be long term holder and be patient with such corrections  Smiley Long term holders sometimes gain more profit than good traders Smiley
It is the usual case for Bitcoin, the price is will recover if investors wanted the coin to get more recognition.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
severaldetails

Activity: 959
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:11:32 PM

Relax is a good advice for everything that has to do with money. But it presumes that you have thought about your actions in advance. Blindly throwing money in bitcoin with the hope for profit, that is something where nobody can stay calm. In order to relax, get to know bitcoin first, invest then.
Jating

Activity: 2926
Merit: 808

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:13:25 PM

We couldn't really stress that out. We have been in so many price corrections already and we have learned our lessons not to panic and keep calm and relax. Although for newcomers it will be a crash course and difficult to relax. But if you overcome it, I'm sure that the next time the price underwent a correction, you will not be simply affected by it.

More people was afraid of bitcoin to fall or maybe to end. But in the history of bitcoin, the value of bitcoin was changing day by day and it takes a year or a month for bitcoin to have a higher value. So, if you only think about money. You must try other alternative way rather than bitcoin.

Yes, its rich history tell us that its going to be worth if we are going to be holders for long term. Price always volatile but the end of the day, its really how you prepare yourself seeing the price going down unexpectedly. If you remain calm then congrats, you pass it will flying colors.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: