Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 02:01:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple: A long term investment or short term?  (Read 4550 times)
Niya

Activity: 811
Merit: 512

Enhalo Mining

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 08:29:08 AM

If you look at the charts, aside the pump it had last Spring/Summer XRP coin has a quite stable price. So you won't gain so much in the short term. But in the long term too I think XRP price won't ever be very high, because its supply is too high and if a coin is not scarce, its price will be forever low.
So if you look for very high returns in a short period of time get way from XRP.

Also, consider Ripple is backed by banks and XRP coins are basically premined. There's no actual decentralization and some experts don't even consider XRP a 'true' cryptocoin. I never invested in it and never will.
Yet, if you like Ripple project and wanna buy some XRP, do you own due diligence, take the time to study and research and feel free to not follow my opinions. Money is yours and you can do whatever you want with it  Tongue
hansbans

Activity: 380
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:37:23 AM

Don't invest in any altcoin without knowing the project and the team in its entirety
And ensuring your trust fully.
First your own decision is important. At least for altcoins.

You are right. We need to search something about coin, team and project.
Ripple look good and they have potential Smiley

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:48:59 AM

Scroll scroll.. noob, member.. junior.. scroll scroll.. noob.. junior account..
All posting retarded stupid ass fucking giberish bullshit.  Cheesy

The only thing i am wondering with the army of noob accounts handing out trade advice here is which ones are controlled by the Ripple team of scammy manipulators.

I hope and pray you douche bags get burned hard to teach you a lesson.
You deserve it.. maybe FiNCEN will fine these scammers again.
Congrats Ripple scam tards.. Ripple is the first and so far only coin in history fined by the US FiNCEN.

The Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN)

Oh and i can't be bothered addressing the Trump wall of lies being posted here.
Believe what ever you want 3 post junior noob account Investards.

FUD first & ask questions later™
muneerashine

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:53:27 AM

I have ripple since 2016. stored in gatehub not because of long term or short term investment. I just simply forgot about it, I have I hope on ripple before. Now, no emotion attached. Price will go up or down . It  really doesn't matter..
I was a noob back then and I am not active to the community, It was cheap so I bought it..

What I saw in my fb feeds, I just follow blindly.
dangdangdang

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

THE WORLD'S FIRST FIXED MONTHLY ALLOWANCE PLAN

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 08:55:21 AM

I think Ripple is for a long term investment because since the start they have a good record and reputation of being a cryptocurrency. Ripple is indeed the close rival of Ethereum and the two coins have stable values today.
If you want a long-term investment for cryptocurrency then go for ripple or Ethereum.

gorodi

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:29:32 AM

I'm thinking of acquiring some ripple but i need to know if it's a short term investment or long term.
Coz i have been following the market trend and I've not seen a steady increase for the past few weeks.
So, is it for long term or short term?
Coz to me it seems the coin has some potential.

I suppose you must choose long-term investment. Ripple is not the coin that costs too much, but buying many coins, you can get profit. Picking short-term investment, you will not earn on Ripple.
Obi2024

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:35:37 AM

For me Ripple is for long term holding, it will increase in value over some years to come, it is also kind of stable with just small changes over a period.
it's my opinion, you have to study the market yourself and decide if you will buy and hold or not.

Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:44:22 AM

can some one give an example of long term coin, wich anounced for 2 - 3 years ago and have succes ?

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
kandholabhavna

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:47:53 AM

Ripple has a history of making huge spikes ones or twice in a year. I do think that for long term, ripple is the best and safest crypto to invest in. As more banks implement ripple blockchain it will surely grow in long term.

crimsongoth

Activity: 588
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 10:00:43 AM

Ripple is definitely a long term investment. I currently hold most of my investment in Ripple. Behind this coin is a team that is really professional and well-informed. Ripple is one of the most promising among coins for the future. I also think that the xrp / btc ratio never reflects the true value of ripple.
AdobeWriter

Activity: 359
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 10:46:40 AM

It's not any type of investment, unless you count retaining the value of your portfolio relatively stable an investment strategy, but you have Tether USD for that. It's volatility is not big, I'll give it that much, but since the banks behind it got into a disagreement i doubt you'll see any big advancements done with it and thus the price won't go much higher than what it is. Plus it's not one of these coins where lack of supply would create demand and drive the price up. There's plenty of XRP on the markets and more will be coming in as this coin is periodically "minted" in large quantities.

Can't say I'm too sad about things being stagnant with Ripple. I don't like the idea of such a centralized currency controlled by banks in the first place.
ArrogantPeacock

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 01:14:46 PM

I think all the crypto's out there are long-term investments, it doesn't make sense to invest in something short term, unless you are flippering, because the market itself (the blockchain market) is just a newborn.. there are so many years until it matures, which means there will be so many new users joining into the crypto world, and we'll see so much money flowing in. What this means is that no coin out there, has yet to reach their full potential, for the reason because the market is which these coins are operating is not yet matured itself. XRP specifically are doing great by collaborating with big banks and they already have several players in their network who use their services, if they continue at that rate they gonna do great in a couple of years (ROI wise).
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:42:51 AM

I think Ripple is for a long term investment because since the start they have a good record and reputation of being a cryptocurrency. Ripple is indeed the close rival of Ethereum and the two coins have stable values today.
If you want a long-term investment for cryptocurrency then go for ripple or Ethereum.

Good reputation ?
Like what "releasing" (with no notice) more coins to jump over Litecoin before in the cap standings ?

Since the start ?
How would you know you have 3 posts here noob  Cheesy

Rival of Ethereum ?
Ok now it's getting stupid in here i can't read anymore..
The only similarity is they are both one of the first premined ICO gimmick shit coins that started all the scammy copy cat ICO bullshit.
One is a scammy premined token made to be used with banks or what ever and the other is a scammy ass premined ICO gimmick "app's" / DAPPS "smart contracts" (coin cloning) "fuel tokens" platform.
You really couldn't put two coins together that are more different.

So noob.. you are a raging monolithic blood thirty rampaging bafoon posting mind shatteringly stupid ass bullshit investard rabble.

Hey can we get a little less noob dipshit comment faggotry in here ?
I am getting tired of these broken English 3 post noob idiot accounts posting their moronic garbage all over.
..fer teh moon profits HODL coins exchanger Bitcoinz ROI's

FUD first & ask questions later™
xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:33:41 AM

I'm thinking of acquiring some ripple but i need to know if it's a short term investment or long term.
Coz i have been following the market trend and I've not seen a steady increase for the past few weeks.

For me, i personally think that ripple isn't really going to be valued as much in the future than right now. It's barely in the top 5 coins right now even though previously at the peak of its pump, it has been #2 for a day.

It's more centralized than most coins out there, and i don't think that cryptos are moving into the direction of more centralization.

In fact probably the exact opposite. I would invest only if you see a short term opportunity.
Radientgurkin

Activity: 182
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:23:32 AM

A warning to new readers/investors:

This thread ( and this whole forum) is a great place to get further insight into investments. However, be careful in accepting investment advice blindly from a post or two from these threads.

This is not an attack on Ripple, but I have seen lately an increase in posts (in many threads) from Newbies giving investment advice. There's no telling if they are new users or accounts made just to post a few comments to pump a coin.

Although its tempting to jump on a crypto band wagon, always study a coin/platform before you invest in it. And never invest more than you are willing to lose.

Final word: If a coin/platform is sound and promising, I always think long term holding is more successful and less risky than day trading.
sinduarianto

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:58:47 AM

I think Long term, because Ripple is controlled by Banks. There will be no high volatility because they control the price. for now the value is still low.
bjbjkosei

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:43:40 PM

XRP is long-term investment.
delbarbour

Activity: 72

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:54:41 PM

5 Reasons To Buy Ripple XRP Coin
1. News
2. Higher return on investment (in percent)
3. Higher technology
4. A number of approximately 80 banks are testing Ripple technology
5. Technical analysis says BUY
so its a long term plan.

i agree 100% with all of those reason plus its cheap and have higher potential to grow when supply is finished
eurus

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:47:45 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2017, 04:00:26 PM by eurus

I approach XRP long term, because:

• The token is designed to be utterly stable in price, rather than a speculative asset
  • Banks like the settlement technology but are (still) reluctant to use XRP to facilitate money transfers
  • Banks interested in buying XRP are not doing it on exchanges but directly from Ripple

Therefore my assumption is that any eventual significant rise in the value of XRP, unless out of pure speculation, will most likely not be exponential (as Ripple wants it to be stable) and will probably not happen any time soon (until banks feel comfortable to actually start settling XRP).
Hammonds

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:50:58 PM

I also feel ripple has a good potential for the future, and I think because ripple has a fairly stable price it will be more suitable for long-term investment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: