Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 01:46:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Today's attack on Bitcoin  (Read 2531 times)
bitcoinhasher1

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:08:05 PM

Probably that is the reason behind the recent rise in BCH price what you have illustrated in your thread. That's an pre-planned and organized attack from the mining pools who have ceased bitcoin mining and promoting BCH. So the price of BCH is running high on bubble and is not sustainable. Looking at the market cap increase of BCH, it is understandable that many people are investing in BCH to make some quick bucks. That will not run for long. Also the bitcoin price is quite low at this point and I believe we will get back a lot of investment in bitcoin because it's an opportunity for the people to buy bitcoin at a lower price. So bitcoin will remain the best for longer term, BCH is rising its price unethically that has to end someday.  
That sounds like a reasonable analysis of the situation. 
nidacoinlove

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:09:38 PM

Yes this is all a pre-planned game that is been played by a few of the people. They are trying to dump bitcoin but it will not happen. Bitcoin will once again come back to it's original price value. They are trying to push bitcoin and pump BCH. This is all due to these few greedy people miners who want to make more money with BCH.
They first tried to speculate bitcoin price but couldn't get their goal because people are in the favour of bitcoin, so now they are trying this other running walking to accomplish their goals.
I am glad to you for sharing this piece of information and letting many people be aware of the new tricks of the greedy miners.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 16952

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 06:11:40 PM

This whole issue once again shows that there is nothing more than a bunch of douchebags staying behind bitcoin cash. This behaviour can be easily classify as a pure scam.
All altcoins, ICOs and Bitcoin forks are created with the sole purpose of earning the creator money. That's never been a secret, but people seem to keep falling for it over and over again. First shitcoins, then ICOs, now forks, and I can't even imagine what the next step will be after easy-money-from-forks runs out.

Shouldn't BTC be taking some emergency measure and decrease mining difficulty significantly temporarily for a start?
That would mean a hard fork. Considering it takes them years already to simply increase capacity, this won't happen overnight.

Not sure anyone can really do anything about people maliciously spamming the network can they? Genuinely asking.
A very simple solution would be larger blocks: if someone is willing to pay millions of dollars to spam the network: let them, and profit from it!
Currently all Bitcoin users pay much more in fees, all users have to wait much longer, and the only winners are miners.

If you check Bittrex earlier, it is very evident that the rise of BCH was merely staged and coordinated. Nothing was natural, all of it were just made for the money and not to actually support BCH. Charts would tell you that.
I think I shortly saw a 6000 Bitcoin sell wall, that's $36 million worth of Bitcoin Cash! Pump and dump is designed to make very rich whales much richer again, as the little guys start panic selling and panic buying.

Glad to see I've not gone nuts, I think if you're Bittrex and very rich and powerful people say "I want your help pumping BCH" you make it happen, that's just my gut feeling. There's no way to prove it so I'm not gonna say for sure they're in on it, it's just highly suspicious to me that now is the only time I have this problem where I can't dump a coin for BTC.
I didn't use Bittrex today, so I didn't encounter a glitch, but Bittrex earns 0.25% of trades. At $1 billion trade volume, that's $2.5 million, and probably another $2.5 million for the other party involved in the same trades.
One way or another, exchanges love pump and dump actions!

typhonb

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:13:54 PM

I want to buy an important amount of BTC tomorrow (Because I also think BTC will be back in few days) - From EURO
Will I get the same problem ?
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:15:15 PM

I want to buy an important amount of BTC tomorrow (Because I also think BTC will be back in few days) - From EURO

It should be starting to clear up by then. Most miners will be back on the BTC chain within a few hours. You might still be in for a bit of a wait but nothing like the current one.
burnedbyfees (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:19:33 PM

Buy it on an exchange and leave it in there for a few days while the dust settles.

typhonb

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:24:48 PM

Buy it on an exchange and leave it in there for a few days while the dust settles.

I'm going to do it on Kraken tomorrow. Thank you
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:26:25 PM

This is a real coordinated attack.

Roger Vermin moved 25k BTC to Bitfinex to put on a public show.

Some mining pools have ceased mining BTC and there's services asking for Bitcoin cash to confirm Bitcoin transactions in the case of https://pushtx.btc.com/ (try it for yourself).

$700m worth of stuck BTC in unconfirmed transactions (including $900+ of mine  Angry ).

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/700-million-stuck-115000-unconfirmed-bitcoin-transactions/

Legions of dump btc and buy bitcoin cash comments everywhere online.

And they keep trying to pump Bitcoin Cash but the market keeps telling them to "fuck off", each peak lower than before, It took me 7 tries to dump the Bitcoin Cash I'd been holding on Bittrex, so I think they may be in on it too. This is not organic it all, it's a planned coup. A few people will be like "yeah, no shit Sherlock" but many people still don't know about it.

Your comments gentleman, is there something I've missed?

The good news is the mining difficulty of Bitcoin cash will soon rise massively so they cannot sustain it for long.

This only shows the reason why bitcoin cash showed sudden increase, its really oragnises and probably pre-planned. This only proves that bitcoin cash is bubble and not in stable position. I would not be surprise sewong bitcoin cash value crash in sudden. Some people possibly transferred to bitcoin cash which is a trap. Its may possibly be the reason why bitcoin showed fall in price, whales are playing with it. Im sure that bitcoin will regain its value and continue to rise even more.
typhonb

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:30:50 PM

It should be starting to clear up by then. Most miners will be back on the BTC chain within a few hours. You might still be in for a bit of a wait but nothing like the current one.

So I can do it without any problem ?
JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:31:18 PM

It is also worth noting that the attacks on Bitcoin network significantly lowered/stopped when the BCH's price plummeted from its ATH. You can say that this is just a convenience but others are thinking otherwise. This is just one of the proof that when someone or if a group of people gets greedy to capitalize on something, they will do everything in their power to get into their goal. They will trample on the community that they helped building in the past years just to get what they wanted.

On the other hand, I find it very amusing (in a very sarcastic way) that pushtx.btc.com is charging me $33 worth of BCH to accelerate my transaction that was stuck in the network for almost 20 hours now. I'm just shaking my head while laughing at what I'm seeing in their website.  Roll Eyes
freeElectron

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:33:37 PM

Some mining pools have ceased mining BTC and there's services asking for Bitcoin cash to confirm Bitcoin transactions in the case of https://pushtx.btc.com/ (try it for yourself).

$700m worth of stuck BTC in unconfirmed transactions (including $900+ of mine  Angry ).

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/700-million-stuck-115000-unconfirmed-bitcoin-transactions/

And they keep trying to pump Bitcoin Cash but the market keeps telling them to "fuck off", each peak lower than before, It took me 7 tries to dump the Bitcoin Cash I'd been holding on Bittrex, so I think they may be in on it too. This is not organic it all, it's a planned coup. A few people will be like "yeah, no shit Sherlock" but many people still don't know about it.

The good news is the mining difficulty of Bitcoin cash will soon rise massively so they cannot sustain it for long.

Only attack on the bitcoin so far has been the segwit fork, which is not bitcoin, never was, never will be.
It is a massive change to the protocol and therefor is not bitcoin.

Please, if you want to be taken seriously, you should call it segwit1x or segwit2x or what ever.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 2148

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:35:24 PM

You are very right about pointing out the influx of pro-BCH and anti-BTC comments today, it's quite obvious that they are a part of this coordinated attack since all of them are coming either from fresh accounts or accounts with very low activity (which means that they were farmed or bought). They are simply just paid shills trying to create an illusion of community support for BCH and around August 1st we've seen the same thing - lots of accounts suddenly posting FUD and then going silent when there's no more need for them.
fanbeila

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:35:37 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2017, 10:25:41 AM by fanbeila

Just stay cool gentleman.Despite all of their masterplans,their efforts have gone in vein.BCH price has now fallen to $1,288.That's really a great news for the bitcoin community.

BCH supporters planning was very nice but sad news for them is that bitcoin price is beyond the reach for them.If they had tried it earlier during creation of BCH,at that time,bitcoin price was also low.Don't know why Roger did not execute this plan at that time itself.I thing its a wrong timing.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
J. Cooper

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

Alea iacta est

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:35:44 PM

It is also worth noting that the attacks on Bitcoin network significantly lowered/stopped when the BCH's price plummeted from its ATH. You can say that this is just a convenience but others are thinking otherwise. This is just one of the proof that when someone or if a group of people gets greedy to capitalize on something, they will do everything in their power to get into their goal. They will trample on the community that they helped building in the past years just to get what they wanted.
I think you're calling it an end too soon. Sure the price is plummeting right now but Ver and co probably have some more things in store for use. Or atleast I'm preparing myself mentally for some more market mayhem the next couple of days (maybe weeks?). It's just important that you don't crack and give into their mind game and maybe even pick up some cheap bitcoin along the way.
burnedbyfees (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:38:49 PM

Only attack on the bitcoin so far has been the segwit fork, which is not bitcoin, never was, never will be.

Please, if you want to be taken seriously, you should call it segwit1x or segwit2x or what ever.

I don't care if you personally don't take me seriously, you are not the Borg Collective, you don't speak for everyone. But thanks for stopping by.  Cool

Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:40:01 PM

This only shows the reason why bitcoin cash showed sudden increase, its really oragnises and probably pre-planned. This only proves that bitcoin cash is bubble and not in stable position. I would not be surprise sewong bitcoin cash value crash in sudden. Some people possibly transferred to bitcoin cash which is a trap. Its may possibly be the reason why bitcoin showed fall in price, whales are playing with it. Im sure that bitcoin will regain its value and continue to rise even more.
agree on it this may be a trap that suddenly for next couple of days will pass by we will see that BCH will dump and bitcoin will pump again , maybe i am telling this because i am trusting more bitcoin but if you really read the market and know some scenario like this are totally happen then you will know that for what was happen in bitcoin cash is a bubble.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
██████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

burnedbyfees (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:41:20 PM

On the other hand, I find it very amusing (in a very sarcastic way) that pushtx.btc.com is charging me $33 worth of BCH to accelerate my transaction that was stuck in the network for almost 20 hours now. I'm just shaking my head while laughing at what I'm seeing in their website.  Roll Eyes

I laughed as well when I saw it. Crazy isn't it?

Did you follow the link to the kind Reddit miner? He's helped a lot of people.

mangenta

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:41:56 PM

this is another problem toward government legalising bitcoin in dome country there are some mafia behind it although its decentralised .
pixie85

Activity: 2170
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:46:53 PM

Another FUD. BTC went from $7,5k to $6k. Even if you'd count the peak value that shouldn't be taken into consideration as it only show s that there was not enough orders on an exchange, it was a fall from $7,8k to $5,5k, which by no means is 46%! Really people, where are you getting those numbers from?
freeElectron

Activity: 101

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:46:59 PM

I don't care if you personally don't take me seriously, you are not the Borg Collective, you don't speak for everyone. But thanks for stopping by.  Cool

Well, what would Satoshi do?

Segwit?

Don't think so.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: