Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 07:19:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Today's attack on Bitcoin  (Read 2531 times)
burnedbyfees (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:59:23 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2017, 12:08:01 AM by burnedbyfees

This is a real coordinated attack.

Roger Vermin moved 25k BTC to Bitfinex to put on a public show.

Some mining pools have ceased mining BTC and there's services asking for Bitcoin cash to confirm Bitcoin transactions in the case of https://pushtx.btc.com/ (try it for yourself).

$700m worth of stuck BTC in unconfirmed transactions (including $900+ of mine  Angry ).

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/700-million-stuck-115000-unconfirmed-bitcoin-transactions/

Legions of dump btc and buy bitcoin cash comments everywhere online.

And they keep trying to pump Bitcoin Cash but the market keeps telling them to "fuck off", each peak lower than before, It took me 7 tries to dump the Bitcoin Cash I'd been holding on Bittrex, so I think they may be in on it too. This is not organic it all, it's a planned coup. A few people will be like "yeah, no shit Sherlock" but many people still don't know about it.

Your comments gentleman, is there something I've missed?

The good news is the mining difficulty of Bitcoin cash will soon rise massively so they cannot sustain it for long.

Edit, further proof.

https://imgur.com/a/TjgMB#K4aRJrW

Anarc Senior

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:13:47 PM

Some mining pools have ceased mining BTC and there's services asking for Bitcoin cash to confirm transaction in the case of https://pushtx.btc.com/ (try it for yourself).

$700m worth of stuck BTC in unconfirmed transactions (including $900+ of mine  Angry ).

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/700-million-stuck-115000-unconfirmed-bitcoin-transactions/

And they keep trying to pump Bitcoin Cash but the market keeps telling them to "fuck off", each peak lower than before, It took me 7 tries to dump the Bitcoin Cash I'd been holding on Bittrex, so I think they may be in on it too. This is not organic it all, it's a planned coup. A few people will be like "yeah, no shit Sherlock" but many people still don't know about it.

The good news is the mining difficulty of Bitcoin cash will soon rise massively so they cannot sustain it for long.

Were you finally able to sell your BCC on Bittrex ?  I tried to move my Eth to BTC but it took me awhile too, the funds kept getting stuck in "reserved".  Yeah something may be fishy with Bittrex, but it could very well be the network got jammed with Korean's orders...
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1510

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:15:55 PM

Probably that is the reason behind the recent rise in BCH price what you have illustrated in your thread. That's an pre-planned and organized attack from the mining pools who have ceased bitcoin mining and promoting BCH. So the price of BCH is running high on bubble and is not sustainable. Looking at the market cap increase of BCH, it is understandable that many people are investing in BCH to make some quick bucks. That will not run for long. Also the bitcoin price is quite low at this point and I believe we will get back a lot of investment in bitcoin because it's an opportunity for the people to buy bitcoin at a lower price. So bitcoin will remain the best for longer term, BCH is rising its price unethically that has to end someday.  

burnedbyfees (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:16:22 PM

Some mining pools have ceased mining BTC and there's services asking for Bitcoin cash to confirm transaction in the case of https://pushtx.btc.com/ (try it for yourself).

Were you finally able to sell your BCC on Bittrex ?  I tried to move my Eth to BTC but it took me awhile too, the funds kept getting stuck in "reserved".  Yeah something may be fishy with Bittrex, but it could very well be the network got jammed with Korean's orders...

Yes eventually, it took many tries and many error messages.

I've been using Bittrex since early June, done hundreds (if not thousands) of trades and never seen this before.

burnedbyfees (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:20:06 PM

Probably that is the reason behind the recent rise in BCH price what you have illustrated in your thread. That's an pre-planned and organized attack from the mining pools who have ceased bitcoin mining and promoting BCH. So the price of BCH is running high on bubble and is not sustainable. Looking at the market cap increase of BCH, it is understandable that many people are investing in BCH to make some quick bucks. That will not run for long. Also the bitcoin price is quite low at this point and I believe we will get back a lot of investment in bitcoin because it's an opportunity for the people to buy bitcoin at a lower price. So bitcoin will remain the best for longer term, BCH is rising its price unethically that has to end someday.  

I think it will end sooner rather than later, I saw on Reddit that Bitcoin Cash mining difficulty will go up 400% tonight,if true there's going to be some serious Bitcoin Cash hangovers tomorrow from the wild day today.

burnedbyfees (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:23:06 PM

https://gyazo.com/c8730388faf66757bb38826eb96a0be5

That's going to leave a mark!

BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:27:37 PM

i prefer ignoring all this crap and attacks and just make more profit while i can. the market is currently very nice, bitcoin price is pretty lower than the bitcoin's real value and at the same times lots of altcoins including bitcoin cash are getting pumped hard. that is a lot of profit that i am earning on my precious bitcoins now.

in a couple of  weeks to 2 months tops everyone will look back at this time and wish they would have done something about it.

There is a FOMO brewing...
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 3856

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:29:06 PM

I'm not actually trying to defend Roger Ver. But do you have any proof that he indeed moved 25k BTC to bitfinex? Also, how is moving 25k btc to an exchange "putting on a show" and or a "coordinated attack"? And how did you come to the conclusion that it's because of that transaction that bitcoin's unconfirmed transactions skyrocketed?

Let's be reasonable here and not just follow/hate blindly.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Gauravbhargava

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:36:00 PM

i prefer ignoring all this crap and attacks and just make more profit while i can. the market is currently very nice, bitcoin price is pretty lower than the bitcoin's real value and at the same times lots of altcoins including bitcoin cash are getting pumped hard. that is a lot of profit that i am earning on my precious bitcoins now.

in a couple of  weeks to 2 months tops everyone will look back at this time and wish they would have done something about it.
The latest rival to bitcoin has suffered a major cyber attack on its launch, crashing the new cryptocurrency's website.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:36:53 PM

I know from the begining that this bitcoin cash pumping up is being orchestrated. well everything have both the advantage and disadvantages i hope to see what happen to mining pool and also maybe this will dethroned bitcoin as it was been discuss by some people. I think this is most difficult period for coin investors and i believe it will be better to keep fiat and see what happen for the next 4 weeks. will bitcoin go back below $4000?
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:40:03 PM

I'm not actually trying to defend Roger Ver. But do you have any proof that he indeed moved 25k BTC to bitfinex?

I'd just came across here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/duplicates/7cefom/roger_ver_just_sent_25k_btc_to_bitfinex/

Also, how is moving 25k btc to an exchange "putting on a show" and or a "coordinated attack"?

this has been predicted since the first segwits

And how did you come to the conclusion that it's because of that transaction that bitcoin's unconfirmed transactions skyrocketed?

Fuds, ready to sell, Ready for dump, BCH price hike, miners switch to profitable coins leaving BTC. effect is your statement. oh by the way did I mention SPAMMING network?

Yeah, this show is getting hotter and hotter.
burnedbyfees (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:46:02 PM

I'm not actually trying to defend Roger Ver. But do you have any proof that he indeed moved 25k BTC to bitfinex? Also, how is moving 25k btc to an exchange "putting on a show" and or a "coordinated attack"? And how did you come to the conclusion that it's because of that transaction that bitcoin's unconfirmed transactions skyrocketed?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/7cefom/roger_ver_just_sent_25k_btc_to_bitfinex/

He's been a vocal promoter of BCH and it looks to me (and many others) like a signal to dump large amounts of BTC. I'm not hating him blindly my dude, I didn't just pull this stuff out of my ass but, hey I respect your opinion.

With his connections and knowledge he could have definitely done it quietly if he was really intent on selling and wanted a good price.

collapse

Activity: 206
Merit: 102

step forward

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 04:17:19 PM

Attack? Really ?

In a free market, free result,...

Bitcoin has a big problem with transaction fees now, the future is now. If another coin, BCH, NTRN (20 Mb block size, and 79 seconds block), BTG, AMC, ELC, BET, OTHERALTCOIN,..., solves this problem that "Core" refuses to solve, BTC will return to his value, 0.
Most of Altcoins value is near to 0, this altcoins have no use, have no liquidity = no value.

The "Digital Gold" song is pure shit. Gold can not be digital,...

The only value of Bitcoin is as medium of exchange in the Internet. With high fees, this value disappears,...
In MONEY, storage of value and unit of account are derived from medium of exchange characteristic. In the majority of cases supported as medium of exchange by the State.

The value of Bitcoin NOW resides in his high liquidity (~community) compared with other "altcoins".

Money: https://www.ecb.europa.eu/explainers/tell-me-more/html/what_is_money.en.html

Elacoin-ELC,Betacoin-BET,Neutroncoin-NTRN,Americancoin-AMC,Stronghands-SHND,Craftcoin-CRC,DOGE,BCH,BTC,...,Bitcoin,...(and a lot more)
Linux updated wallets (source code) for: ELC, BET, AMC, NKT, SLING, CRC,...
[if (blocknumber > 115000) maxblocksize=largerlimit]   [I don't think the threshold should ever be 0.  We should always allow at least some free transactions.]
Shendy23

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 04:25:13 PM

Ooh! Im trying my best here to have EXTN coins and convert it in BTC. I hope someone should do something about this. So that, this will not happen gain. Next week I will try my luck for my Earned EXTN to convertin EXTN. Hope it will be process quick.

Basmic

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 04:29:10 PM

I know from the begining that this bitcoin cash pumping up is being orchestrated. well everything have both the advantage and disadvantages i hope to see what happen to mining pool and also maybe this will dethroned bitcoin as it was been discuss by some people. I think this is most difficult period for coin investors and i believe it will be better to keep fiat and see what happen for the next 4 weeks. will bitcoin go back below $4000?
Bitcoin gets home. Its price will soon go up. Anyone who thinks that bitcoin will fall to $ 4,000 now sell your coins. That's good. The coins will remain only those who believe in bitcoin. They will not give in on provocation of speculators and the price of bitcoin will become more stable. Those who rushed to buy now, BCH will be punished for treason.
burnedbyfees (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 04:31:23 PM

Hey, we've probably got the whole thing to look forward to again when they try it with Bitcoin Gold...  Roll Eyes

It will definitely happen again and again...

People like to control shit, and when segwit2x  BTFO they switched tactics.

MisterLG

Activity: 476
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 04:39:16 PM

Very unfortunate now one of my favorite alt coins is at a low price. I do not think that this will take for long though. it will probably done within in the next 12 hours but I am curious what will happen in the next 24 hours though! how much will it go down and how many FUD's will sell. Time will tell I guess.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
immunity

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 04:41:30 PM

That will not run for long. Also the bitcoin price is quite low at this point and I believe we will get back a lot of investment in bitcoin because it's an opportunity for the people to buy bitcoin at a lower price.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 04:42:37 PM

Attack? Really ?

Bitcoin has a big problem with transaction fees now, the future is now. If another coin, BCH, NTRN (20 Mb block size, and 79 seconds block), BTG, AMC, ELC, BET, OTHERALTCOIN,..., solves this problem that "Core" refuses to solve, BTC will return to his value, 0.
Most of Altcoins value is near to 0, this altcoins have no use, have no liquidity = no value.

you are only half correct. i agree with the second part i didn't quote, the value of bitcoin is coming from being a "medium of exchange" and i hate it when people say bitcoin is just store of value.

but none of it change the fact that bitcoin cash is an attack on bitcoin. all those other altcoins you named and all the rest you didn't don't do anything to bitcoin and how it works. if some arbitrary coin goes to $1 trillion dollar per coin or drops to 1 cent per coin nothing about bitcoin will change.

but when bitcoin cash goes from (pumped) $600 to $1800 and has a low difficulty (aka easy mining) that takes bitcoin's hashrate and causes the rise of fees. everything were perfectly fine with bitcoin and i was paying 1 satoshi for fee before they pumped bitcoin cash. and that is an attack.

it is a free market, yeah. it is also a free world but is it ok if i buy a house next to you and start burning tires in my backyard next to your window all day long?

There is a FOMO brewing...
burnedbyfees (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 04:49:11 PM

Attack? Really ?

you are only half correct. i agree with the second part i didn't quote, the value of bitcoin is coming from being a "medium of exchange" and i hate it when people say bitcoin is just store of value.

but none of it change the fact that bitcoin cash is an attack on bitcoin. all those other altcoins you named and all the rest you didn't don't do anything to bitcoin and how it works. if some arbitrary coin goes to $1 trillion dollar per coin or drops to 1 cent per coin nothing about bitcoin will change.

but when bitcoin cash goes from (pumped) $600 to $1800 and has a low difficulty (aka easy mining) that takes bitcoin's hashrate and causes the rise of fees. everything were perfectly fine with bitcoin and i was paying 1 satoshi for fee before they pumped bitcoin cash. and that is an attack.

it is a free market, yeah. it is also a free world but is it ok if i buy a house next to you and start burning tires in my backyard next to your window all day long?

We have a winner, you get it.

If it was organic and people just wanted BCH to be top dog you wouldn't hear a peep from me, but it's manipulation, probably illegal if there were prosecutors who could make sense of it (insider trading?) and malicious.

It's the opposite of the free market, it's a few powerful people trying to control the market. And I'm very glad the actual free market is telling them to get stuffed.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: