Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:53:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ⭐ [ANN] OPEN SOURCE UNIVERSITY - Pre-sale ends 31 DECEMBER ⭐  (Read 10330 times)
curapid

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:37:46 PM

I read your WP, the project is quite well thought out! I have to keep my eye on it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pupesko

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:48:29 AM

I read your WP, the project is quite well thought out! I have to keep my eye on it.

@curapid, you could read the newest article in Medium about our project.

HristianD

Activity: 76

Project Lead at OS.UNIVERSITY

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 09:27:58 PM

🌟🌟🌟We are happy to inform you that our www.os.university team won a funding grant provided by the European Commission and on Nov. 22nd we signed a contract to accelerate the development of the Open Source University project in London (United Kingdom) during the first half of 2018!!!

Read more here.

Great news. That means a lot for the recognition and now people should trust more to this potentially big and promising project from www.os.university

More information on this topic needed. Are there any pictures with the team or text source on the website of the european comission?

Hi @mainconcept, nice meeting you - my name is Hristian Daskalov, and I am the project lead of the Open Source University project as of its initiation in 2015. We have plenty of photos with plenty of partners for those 2,5 of R&D work. You can check our blog at https://medium.com/@opensourceuni/a-platform-to-solve-the-information-coordination-relationships-problem-between-academia-and-6a73f2931cf4 or even my personal website at https://daskalov.info/2017/10/22/os-university-project-gaining-momentum-among-european-universities/

Regarding the European Comission, I signed the contract last month, and I guess under a NDA, I would be willing to provide it to you. The contract starts Jan. 2018 and is for a 5-month acceleration exchange program in London (UK), under the supervision of a leading UK consultancy. The grant is funded by Erasmus for Entrepreneurs framework of the European Comission, which is a framework though which the EC supports the development of selected European startups internationally. I will be happy to share plenty of photos over the next half a year. Just subscribe to our blog at https://medium.com/@opensourceuni/ so you don't miss any of them. Smiley

Best,
Hristian

HristianD

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 09:36:32 PM

Where to report bounty?
I also asked the same about the bounty program for this project.
Do you get an answer to your question

Hi @qomariah95, @qomariah95,

Our community manager is responding to every such question individually over private messages, so that we don't overload this thread (which is for general project discussions and not the bounty we discuss at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2423385.40).

Having said that, I hope you received a message.  If not, reach out to tedy.alexieva@os.university

Best,
Hristian

HristianD

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 06:19:39 PM

🌟🌟🌟We are happy to inform you that our www.os.university team won a funding grant provided by the European Commission and on Nov. 22nd we signed a contract to accelerate the development of the Open Source University project in London (United Kingdom) during the first half of 2018!!!

Read more here.

Great news. That means a lot for the recognition and now people should trust more to this potentially big and promising project from www.os.university

More information on this topic needed. Are there any pictures with the team or text source on the website of the european comission?

Hi @mainconcept, nice meeting you - my name is Hristian Daskalov, and I am the project lead of the Open Source University project as of its initiation in 2015. We have plenty of photos with plenty of partners for those 2,5 of R&D work. You can check our blog at https://medium.com/@opensourceuni/a-platform-to-solve-the-information-coordination-relationships-problem-between-academia-and-6a73f2931cf4 or even my personal website at https://daskalov.info/2017/10/22/os-university-project-gaining-momentum-among-european-universities/

Regarding the European Comission, I signed the contract last month, and I guess under a NDA, I would be willing to provide it to you. The contract starts Jan. 2018 and is for a 5-month acceleration exchange program in London (UK), under the supervision of a leading UK consultancy. The grant is funded by Erasmus for Entrepreneurs framework of the European Comission, which is a framework though which the EC supports the development of selected European startups internationally. I will be happy to share plenty of photos over the next half a year. Just subscribe to our blog at https://medium.com/@opensourceuni/ so you don't miss any of them. Smiley

Best,
Hristian

As we are on the topic of discussing photos, here a recent video of our blockchain development team, explaining the project and its roadmap - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpoc_v1PrM8

P.S. You can subscribe to our YouTube channel to remain informed ahead.

saiteja01

Activity: 145

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 06:30:03 AM

Open Source University - The World's Academic & Career Development Ledger

Facebook | Medium | Telegram Announcements Channel | Telegram Discussion Group | Youtube |  Twitter | Github | Reddit

Crowdfunding Starts On
November 20th, 14:00 UTC
Ends on December 31th

WHAT IS OPEN SOURCE UNIVERSITY

Open Source University is a unique global platform built on the Ethereum blockchain to bridge the gaps in an educational market, worth trillions of dollars. OS.University is the future of learning and career development.

MISSION AND VISION

Our aim is to address significant problems for businesses, learners and educational system as it is now by introducing our distributed application platform which solve problems like scalability, shortage of candidates with education and experience corresponding to business needs, rarely measure employee engagement, poor candidate experience, existence of recruitment organizations and job finding platforms playing as middlemen between candidates and businesses etc.

Blockchain technology gives us the opportunity to store candidate’s certification results which will make them trustworthy and easy for automatic distribution to all businesses and organizations.

EDU TOKEN

Within the Open Source University ecosystem, our token (EDU) will be used to facilitate the connections in the educational system between Business, Learners and Academia (MOOCs and other learning opportunities).

Everyone who uses EDU Tokens will benefit from 0% platform fees, while transactions with other crypto currencies will be charged with commissions for using the platform. Part of that commission is converted to EDU tokens and burned immediately. As a result the value of the EDU token grows. The more transactions go through the system - the higher the token price. EDU tokens are limited to 48,000,000 and are sold through a crowdsale campaign. The funds that are raised will accelerate platform’s development.

WHO IS OPEN SOURCE UNIVERSITY FOR

Business will benefit from shaping candidates/employees expertise and from directly approaching their learning and development needs in a distributed manner. All “men in the middle” will be excluded from the picture, thus reducing business expenses, reducing lead-time, and increasing expertise accuracy.

Academia will benefit from scaling their audience (hence the economy of scale), gaining competitive advantage through modernization and automation of operations, combined with customization of the educational experience.

Learners will benefit from receiving higher quality education (adequate to the needs of economy) and from directly approaching employers when it comes to matching the expectations with the individual learning and development profiles - all done directly through the Ethereum blockchain (without a middle-man).
Certifications will automatically be written into the blockchain, cutting the bureaucracy and allowing all stakeholders to focus on the important aspects of life and business.
Any personal information of the parties involved will be stored in an encrypted & secure way.

TOKEN SALE TERMS

This crowdfunding event starts on November 20th, 14:00 UTC and will end on December 31st 12:00 UTC, unless a hard cap of 44, 000 ETH is reached before that.

Once the pre-sale event has ended, tokens would be immediately transferrable. The tokens are build on the ERC20 standard.

Token prices:
EDU tokens will be sold on two rounds - pre-sale and token sale. The six weeks pre-sale starts with the price of 1 ETH = 1,350 EDU. It ends when an amount of 2.6 million tokens is reached. The second part of the pre-sale will consist of 2.2 million tokens at the price of 1 ETH = 1,200 EDU.

In H1 2018 with the stable alpha version release of OSUni platform, the Second Token sale round starts.

BOUNTY CAMPAIGN

There will be 960,000 EDU Tokens reserved for the bounty program:

30% of the Tokens     30% of the Tokens     20% of the Tokens     20% of the Tokens  
will be given for Media Publications
will be given for Blog Bounty
will be given for Facebook Bounty
will be given for Twitter bounty

>>BOUNTY PROGRAM<<

PARTNERS

TEAM & ADVISERS

ROADMAP

Yes it’s a great idea to create such platforms especially for  students. Now the generation has changed more than it used to be. Yes by creating such platform everyone will get interest in doing a particular work. By seeing your Os. University white paper I got confidence that you are going to revolutionise the education sector. But I think you should focus more on people who are willing to study but not able to acesss due to deficit of money if you could solve this then no one can stop you.
Good luck
Os. Team!
pupesko

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:14:08 AM

Hey, everyone! Are you interested to meet the development team behind the OS.UNIVERSITY platform? If so, this introductory video is just for you - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpoc_v1PrM8

OS.UNIVERSITY has a unique team of blockchain developers and academia and corporate advisers that is behind the project since its initiation in 2015. With the expansion of the project on the global stage, our team is expanding as well. Our global ambassadors are proven professionals, experts in their field, that are joining us to be Open Source University representatives on-the-ground — in their respective universities, industries, communities. If you are interested in joining our team and contributing to the this great project, read the following article: https://medium.com/@opensourceuni/meet-our-os-university-ambassadors-dddef0dd8fc7 or contact us at hello@os.university

Teddy,
OS Team
saiteja01

Activity: 145

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:49:55 PM

Hi devs, do you have KYC procedure or all interested investors can easy take part in your pre ICO and ICO?
Yes I think it will be good if they take KYC for all investors to take part in ICO of open source university.
pupesko

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:26:00 PM

Hi devs, do you have KYC procedure or all interested investors can easy take part in your pre ICO and ICO?
Yes I think it will be good if they take KYC for all investors to take part in ICO of open source university.

We've implemented standard KYC procedure for everyone investing in our ICO. 100% legally compliant. Right before the purchase of EDU tokens everyone is asked to get certified with PICOPS verifying your wallet for every future purchase as well.

Once the certification is done, OS Universite gives you 50 EDU tokens bonusSmiley Smiley

Here is simple tutorial from our Project Lead, Hristian Daskalov, explaining in details How to get certified - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-J2VCfRKKQ&t Then you proceed with buying your EDU tokens.

Best,
Teddy

HristianD

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 03:12:25 PM

Open Source University - The World's Academic & Career Development Ledger

Facebook | Medium | Telegram Announcements Channel | Telegram Discussion Group | Youtube |  Twitter | Github | Reddit

Crowdfunding Starts On
November 20th, 14:00 UTC
Ends on December 31th

WHAT IS OPEN SOURCE UNIVERSITY

Open Source University is a unique global platform built on the Ethereum blockchain to bridge the gaps in an educational market, worth trillions of dollars. OS.University is the future of learning and career development.

MISSION AND VISION

Our aim is to address significant problems for businesses, learners and educational system as it is now by introducing our distributed application platform which solve problems like scalability, shortage of candidates with education and experience corresponding to business needs, rarely measure employee engagement, poor candidate experience, existence of recruitment organizations and job finding platforms playing as middlemen between candidates and businesses etc.

Blockchain technology gives us the opportunity to store candidate’s certification results which will make them trustworthy and easy for automatic distribution to all businesses and organizations.

EDU TOKEN

Within the Open Source University ecosystem, our token (EDU) will be used to facilitate the connections in the educational system between Business, Learners and Academia (MOOCs and other learning opportunities).

Everyone who uses EDU Tokens will benefit from 0% platform fees, while transactions with other crypto currencies will be charged with commissions for using the platform. Part of that commission is converted to EDU tokens and burned immediately. As a result the value of the EDU token grows. The more transactions go through the system - the higher the token price. EDU tokens are limited to 48,000,000 and are sold through a crowdsale campaign. The funds that are raised will accelerate platform’s development.

WHO IS OPEN SOURCE UNIVERSITY FOR

Business will benefit from shaping candidates/employees expertise and from directly approaching their learning and development needs in a distributed manner. All “men in the middle” will be excluded from the picture, thus reducing business expenses, reducing lead-time, and increasing expertise accuracy.

Academia will benefit from scaling their audience (hence the economy of scale), gaining competitive advantage through modernization and automation of operations, combined with customization of the educational experience.

Learners will benefit from receiving higher quality education (adequate to the needs of economy) and from directly approaching employers when it comes to matching the expectations with the individual learning and development profiles - all done directly through the Ethereum blockchain (without a middle-man).
Certifications will automatically be written into the blockchain, cutting the bureaucracy and allowing all stakeholders to focus on the important aspects of life and business.
Any personal information of the parties involved will be stored in an encrypted & secure way.

TOKEN SALE TERMS

This crowdfunding event starts on November 20th, 14:00 UTC and will end on December 31st 12:00 UTC, unless a hard cap of 44, 000 ETH is reached before that.

Once the pre-sale event has ended, tokens would be immediately transferrable. The tokens are build on the ERC20 standard.

Token prices:
EDU tokens will be sold on two rounds - pre-sale and token sale. The six weeks pre-sale starts with the price of 1 ETH = 1,350 EDU. It ends when an amount of 2.6 million tokens is reached. The second part of the pre-sale will consist of 2.2 million tokens at the price of 1 ETH = 1,200 EDU.

In H1 2018 with the stable alpha version release of OSUni platform, the Second Token sale round starts.

BOUNTY CAMPAIGN

There will be 960,000 EDU Tokens reserved for the bounty program:

30% of the Tokens     30% of the Tokens     20% of the Tokens     20% of the Tokens  
will be given for Media Publications
will be given for Blog Bounty
will be given for Facebook Bounty
will be given for Twitter bounty

>>BOUNTY PROGRAM<<

PARTNERS

TEAM & ADVISERS

ROADMAP

Yes it’s a great idea to create such platforms especially for  students. Now the generation has changed more than it used to be. Yes by creating such platform everyone will get interest in doing a particular work. By seeing your Os. University white paper I got confidence that you are going to revolutionise the education sector. But I think you should focus more on people who are willing to study but not able to acesss due to deficit of money if you could solve this then no one can stop you.
Good luck
Os. Team!

Thanks once again, @saiteja01! - we are totally addressing the problem you are pointing out. We start by building the L&D ledger and world's ed. marketplace on the Ethereum blockchain, but what this does, is to empower learners to organize and be in charge of their learning and career developent no matter their budget, location, and other limitations that exist currently.

See a video where me and my team speak about the project - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpoc_v1PrM8
See another video on the broader vision we are working towards implementing -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcP78cLPGtE

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions or comments.

Best,
Hristian

pupesko

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:52:03 AM

The Open Source University team is building first of it’s kind platform based on Ethereum blockchain technology which will bring transparency between businesses, academia and learners. Our goal is to solve most of the currently existing problems for these three parties by connecting them on entirely new level.

Universities and online platforms generate thousands of new courses every day, graduates often struggle orienting and verifying the right opportunities, while companies spend huge amount of time and money on recruiting and corporate learning & development.

How to organize and optimise all of these challenges? Have a look at this video explainer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR9j-EeTwfI

Ah... and by the way our team started the alpha release development. Stay tuned!

Best,
Teddy

OS Uni team
shoesworkflow

Activity: 50

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:30:39 PM

Hi guys! I've yet to read all the information about your project but it seems interesting. Glad to be here!
riemannmolds

Activity: 44

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:18:47 PM

Devs are nice, I like their answers here!
Tstar
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

Decentralized Asset Management Platform

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:55:43 PM

To be successful, one University should have reputable and knowledgeable teachers. How do you plan to compete against sites like Coursera who have connections with the biggest Universities  in the world?

███████████████████████████
████▄▀▀▀███████████████████
█████▄    ▀▀▀██████████████
██████▄▄       ▀▀▀█████████
███████▀██▄▄        ▀▀█████
████████   ▀▀▀      ▄██████
█████████▄▄       ▄████████
█████████  ▀▀   ▄██████████
██████████    ▄████████████
███████████ ▄██████████████
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄██████
███████████████████████████
.COOK.
     Decentralized Asset Management Platform     
│▐ █     WHITEPAPER   │   TWITTER   │   LINKEDIN   │   TELEGRAM     █ ▌│
          ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀█████▄▄
███████████████▄▄█▀██████

█████████████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████████
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀███████▀███▄█
█████████████████████▀███▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
▀█████████████▀█████████▀▀▀
       ██ ▀█▀ ▄██
       ▀██▄ ▄███▀
        ▀▀████▀▀
✔  Accessible
✔  Secure
✔  Transparent
jeeri

Activity: 115

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 01:06:08 AM

This is very interesting!
Have few queries :
1. Is there any airdrop planned?
2. How are you planning to manage volatility in the price of the coin while implementing in the universities pay? e.g. the coin cost varies depending on the market value. so for every few days the value changes, if there is a fee of X coins how this could be consistent throughout the semester/academic year

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
HristianD

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 04:41:35 PM

Hi guys! I've yet to read all the information about your project but it seems interesting. Glad to be here!

Glad to have you here, mate!

Best,
Hristian

HristianD

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 04:55:00 PM

Devs are nice, I like their answers here!

Thank you, @riemannmolds,

Did you already ''meet'' the dev team?

Check the recent personalized video message from our CTO -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=894Fq9znM1s

Also, a team video on our project's mission, vision, goals, milestones and the roadmap ahead - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpoc_v1PrM8

Let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Best,
Hristian

HristianD

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 05:05:45 PM

To be successful, one University should have reputable and knowledgeable teachers. How do you plan to compete against sites like Coursera who have connections with the biggest Universities  in the world?

Hi Tstar,

The OS.UNIVERSITY platform is neither an educational institution, nor an online educational content provider (e.g. Coursera).

We are building a global educational marketplace - first of its kind. Thanks to OS.UNIVERSITY learning offerings (coming from academic institutions, online learning platforms, and corporate/professional L&D solutions) will be able to be bought & sought, organized, and tracked.

Every learner will have a credentials wallet in which to store data about his learning accomplishments. The blockchain will serve as a medium to validate these accomplishments that are being registered on it - one certificate at a time, one hiring at a time, one tuition at a time, one reward/bonus at a time.

What we do is to organize the transactions of value and information in the field of learning and development. We are a unique player in that regard - neither Coursera, nor classic universities are competitors. They would be part of our eco-system, benefiting from the technology we introduce to the world.

See what a vice-president of a renowned university  has to say about her partnership with us. The video is 13 min., but every minute is worth it - subtitles are in English. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOjx_0JFl_I

HristianD

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 05:21:52 PM

This is very interesting!
Have few queries :
1. Is there any airdrop planned?
2. How are you planning to manage volatility in the price of the coin while implementing in the universities pay? e.g. the coin cost varies depending on the market value. so for every few days the value changes, if there is a fee of X coins how this could be consistent throughout the semester/academic year

Thank you for your interest!

Here are my comments:

1. No, we don't have a airdrop planned at that point. Reason? - we would definitelly be profiting from the buzz around it (if we had such an airdrop), but our investors would be loosing, because we would be down-playing their investments by giving out though an airdrop. We do have a lot of opportunities to engage the community, however, in many other ways - e.g. a referral/affiliate programs, in addition to the classic bounty for contributions to the project.

2. We would be using a proven public finance/governance mechanism, called a ''currency board'' in which you peg the value  of a certain asset to a low-volatility instrument. You can peg a currency to another, but we are not going to do this. We are going to peg the cost of the offerings and services we provide though the decentralized OS.UNIVERSITY platform. E.g. an open learning course on blockchain development costs 150 USD. If so, you set it up at 150 when you sell it though OS.UNIVERSITY - the buyer buys for the amount of tokens that at any point in time correlates with 150 USD. Therefore, neither the buyer, nor the seller, can speculate/trick each outher when exchanging value from one another.  Of course, HODL-ing is also an option, but in that case - you can HODL and use other cryptocurrency to do the transaction (we will accept ETH payment transactions on the platform as well)

I hope this gives you clarity on the subject. We have consulted our approach with one of the leading names in the world of new private moneys - prof. Kevin Dowd from Cato Institute. He happens to be our key tokenomics advisor, and visionary behind the OS.UNIVERSITY EDU Token. You can learn more about him at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Dowd . Learn more about the rest of the team at www.os.university/team

Best,
Hristian

aliketrogle

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:40:16 AM

Hi there! Amazing project and very motivated team, it is great to be here with you all!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: