Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 10:58:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitSyncom, will all the chip orders ship together?  (Read 11446 times)
btcsql

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 04:14:04 AM

If anyone doesn't like Bitsyncom's terms, it looks like contrary to their original messaging, they are allowing full refunds.
You just need to create a support ticket and put "REFUND" as the type of the ticket.

So far as I know... no one has taken them up on this offer even though some folks have been complaining about the shipment delays for months.

If you are feeling like you need to hedge... you can order the batch of chips and hope they arrive together.

If they don't arrive in your "window" of opportunity, submit a refund request.
Worst case, they either give back your BTC, or they escalate your order.... my guess would be the former.

I guess worst worst case is they don't ship your chips and they don't refund your BTC... but I don't think they could withstand the negative fallout of that option.
Just make sure to order from a wallet you control and can validate.

Has anyone ever requested and got back a refund from Avalon?

we opened refunding option for batch #3 order since it is quite delayed, batch 2 is shipping and should be finished shipping in the end of the month, then batch #3 is to start right after, we are not refunding chip orders since the coins gets sold and is used to pay for chip order at foundry, canceling is not really possible.

but essentially we put in order for chips every week, by early July the chips that were ordered when we opened orders should be out the door by then.

Yifu... that is provably untrue. Not a single coin paid into the wallet that received payment for chip orders (782.1 BTC per 10,000 chips) has been moved, let alone sold.

http://blockchain.info/address/1FGAftzSTztFSB8LMwsrdCKTyqGY6zr3sU?offset=0&filter=0

I want to give you the benefit of the doubt here, but the information suggests otherwise.

I addressed this awhile ago, who says that address is ours to begin with?

The beauty of Bitcoin my friends

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 04:15:03 AM

You don't get it... Don't even lose your time with it.
He is right, you are wrong.

Get over it.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Vycid

Activity: 336

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 04:22:42 AM

If anyone doesn't like Bitsyncom's terms, it looks like contrary to their original messaging, they are allowing full refunds.
You just need to create a support ticket and put "REFUND" as the type of the ticket.

So far as I know... no one has taken them up on this offer even though some folks have been complaining about the shipment delays for months.

If you are feeling like you need to hedge... you can order the batch of chips and hope they arrive together.

Worst case, they either give back your BTC, or they escalate your order.... my guess would be the former.

I guess worst worst case is they don't ship your chips and they don't refund your BTC... but I don't think they could withstand the negative fallout of that option.

we opened refunding option for batch #3 order since it is quite delayed, batch 2 is shipping and should be finished shipping in the end of the month, then batch #3 is to start right after, we are not refunding chip orders since the coins gets sold and is used to pay for chip order at foundry, canceling is not really possible.

but essentially we put in order for chips every week, by early July the chips that were ordered when we opened orders should be out the door by then.

Yifu... that is provably untrue. Not a single coin paid into the wallet that received payment for chip orders (782.1 BTC per 10,000 chips) has been moved, let alone sold.

http://blockchain.info/address/1FGAftzSTztFSB8LMwsrdCKTyqGY6zr3sU?offset=0&filter=0

I want to give you the benefit of the doubt here, but the information suggests otherwise.

Ah, apologies, I did not consider that and must have missed it when you mentioned it earlier.

It does, however, raise the interesting question of who the owner(s) might be, if they are willing to pay for every bitcoin deposited into that account. It currently represents over 7.5 million dollars US...

Sounds to me like some hedge funds are getting in on Bitcoin.

HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 04:25:05 AM

what about the trade-in orders? will it still be shipped before batch3?

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
SteveB

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 04:50:56 AM

If I were to order 10,000 chips today, will they be shipped 2 months after the people who ordered on April 20th? Or 2 weeks? Or 2 days?

What I understand is, you are getting the chips made from the foundry in one giant order. And why wouldn't you? The bigger the order, the cheaper per chip you would have to pay.

Please answer this question. I am sure if there is not much difference between the shipment time, you will receive as many more orders as you have already received! I for sure will be ordering right away.

Thank you!

BitSyncom, Why are you not answering the above question? I think it is an important question, one that everyone who has purchased chips would like the answer to. We  (your chip buyers) have given you millions of US$ in BTC. Don't you think we deserve an answer (one that does not need some secret decoder ring)?
davecoin

Activity: 816
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 04:54:53 AM

Ah, apologies, I did not consider that and must have missed it when you mentioned it earlier.

It does, however, raise the interesting question of who the owner(s) might be, if they are willing to pay for every bitcoin deposited into that account. It currently represents over 7.5 million dollars US...

Sounds to me like some hedge funds are getting in on Bitcoin.

I don't know that he has explicitly mentioned it here, but it was a pretty funny moment during his talk at the Bitcoin Conference. It's at 23 minutes in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY1xgGiejIc
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 04:56:04 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=227103.msg2399090#msg2399090
gill83 (OP)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 05:18:37 AM

Yifu, you are plain bullshitting now. If you don't control this address then who does? I have set up a Wordpress + WooCommerce + Bitcoin ecommerce store for a friend. And I know exactly how it works. You enter an end address where all the Bitcoins go. The store generates a temporary address for every transaction and moves the BTC from that temp address to the end address. All the transactions in the above-mentioned transaction log depict this particular behavior. A transaction with BTC coming from multiple addresses into one temp address, and then another transaction moving all that money from that temp address to your address.

Please cook up a more legitimate story if you want to fool us.
Vycid

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 05:20:19 AM

Yifu, you are plain bullshitting now. If you don't control this address then who does? I have set up a Wordpress + WooCommerce + Bitcoin ecommerce store for a friend. And I know exactly how it works. You enter an end address where all the Bitcoins go. The store generates a temporary address for every transaction and moves the BTC from that temp address to the end address. All the transactions in the above-mentioned transaction log depict this particular behavior. A transaction with BTC coming from multiple addresses into one temp address, and then another transaction moving all that money from that temp address to your address.

If they wanted to fool us they could just move the coins around a whole bunch.

gill83 (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 05:23:42 AM

That's what I am saying, he is not doing a good job of fooling us. But he is definitely trying.
BitSyncom

Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 05:28:01 AM

lol you mean this plugin? https://github.com/gesman/bitcoin-payments-for-woocommerce ( did you ever read the supporter list?  Wink)

also, your logic is correct, but it must be be my address?!  lol.

Vycid

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 05:28:58 AM

That's what I am saying, he is not doing a good job of fooling us. But he is definitely trying.

No, he is clearly not. People have been asking about those coins for over a month now (should have realized this myself) - he could simply have moved them around and said "we just sold them, we had a short-term financing agreement with TSMC", and we would have had no evidence to the contrary. But he didn't, resulting in people like you crying foul.

This is the guy that got the first functional Bitcoin ASIC to market. You don't think he knows how to launder bitcoins?

gill83 (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 05:30:51 AM

No, he is clearly not. People have been asking about those coins for over a month now (should have realized this myself) - he could simply have moved them around and said "we just sold them", and we would have had no evidence to the contrary. But he didn't, resulting in people like you crying foul.

This is the guy that got the first functional Bitcoin ASIC to market. You don't think he knows how to launder bitcoins?

Any legitimate business would refund "pre-orders". Actually, any legitimate business would even return stuff that has been shipped. All I am asking is why can't he refund a pre-order. It's not that he wont be able to sell those chips.
gill83 (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 05:32:41 AM

lol you mean this plugin? https://github.com/gesman/bitcoin-payments-for-woocommerce ( did you ever read the supporter list?  Wink)

also, your logic is correct, but it must be be my address?!  lol.

Even if its not your's, we all know that you have a huge margin in the chips. Why can't you just refund pre-orders like any legitimate business would. Hell, even BFL refunds pre-order!
Vycid

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 05:35:08 AM

No, he is clearly not. People have been asking about those coins for over a month now (should have realized this myself) - he could simply have moved them around and said "we just sold them", and we would have had no evidence to the contrary. But he didn't, resulting in people like you crying foul.

Any legitimate business would refund "pre-orders". Actually, any legitimate business would even return stuff that has been shipped. All I am asking is why can't he refund a pre-order. It's not that he wont be able to sell those chips.

You can say that legitimate businesses would have a refund policy, but not having a refund policy is not illegal (as long as the promised goods are delivered), and it is clear that the money is needed to actually manufacture the goods, so a refund policy would not be practical regardless of how legitimate the business is.

gill83 (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 05:40:20 AM

You can say that legitimate businesses would have a refund policy, but not having a refund policy is not illegal (as long as the promised goods are delivered), and it is clear that the money is needed to actually manufacture the goods, so a refund policy would not be practical regardless of how legitimate the business is.

I know its not illegal to not refund the money. Thats why I said "any legitimate business" and not "any business". Since his product is in high demand, he can always sell it again. His decision not to refund pre-orders makes me smell scam. That's all I am saying
gill83 (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 05:42:27 AM

Yifu, you have claimed now and again that you don't control that address. Why don't you be more transparent about your business and come forth with a better explanation. Who controls that address? Can you prove that you don't control that address? Why should we believe you when you say that you don't control that address?
andrewsg

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 05:49:10 AM

Yifu, you have claimed now and again that you don't control that address. Why don't you be more transparent about your business and come forth with a better explanation. Who controls that address? Can you prove that you don't control that address? Why should we believe you when you say that you don't control that address?

With respect, he doesn't need to answer these questions, all he needs to do is deliver chips.

Bitcoin can be bad for your chi. Improve yours and mine by sending BTC to: 1N1zRYSwKQbZ8Kx1bKvTskrjGMNynVFEr1
gill83 (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 06:00:44 AM

With respect, he doesn't need to answer these questions, all he needs to do is deliver chips.

He doesn't need to. But why would he not? And you forgot to say "on time".  He has missed all his deadlines so far, and with the allegations of mining, he should be more forthcoming.
Vycid

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 06:11:58 AM

But why would he not?

He's sorta busy... Answer one question and you get 50 more.

Then again, he answered mine.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: