Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:11:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Great resistance against new ICO's all over the world by goverments and banks...  (Read 453 times)
LAservice (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 11:03:16 PM

Date now 14-11-2017:
How do you think about the big resistance by a lot of goverments and official financial institutes ?
It's lately all over the news that a lot off warnings are coming from news agency's not to invest in so called ICO's.
It is also a fact that some are scams but some are very profitable.
Some are saying it's like the stock market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:06:11 PM

good they are too accommodating to scams.

POW must return

LAservice (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 11:13:26 PM

I also think that POS must be tamed to reasonable profits like normal interest in rates of 5 to 12 % rates.
And POW must be rewarded more because of the effort, investment in hardware and power bills.
nitehawk

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Worldcore - Banking for the Future

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:15:07 PM

The ICO industry is full of scams, and this is not looking good for the industry being able to regulate itself, which is why so many countries are taking the side of banning ICOs, or at least investors investing in them. It's unfortunate that the industry is to full of scammers. There needs to be some legitimate web services which can actually audit ICOs, by audit I mean being flown down at the ICOs expense, to inspect offices, financials, meet staff, etc.

▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄█████████████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████████████▄
    ▄█████████████████▀▀▀██████████
   █████████████████       ███████
  ██████▀▀▀████████   ███   ██████   █
 █████       ██████   ███   ██████   ██
 ████   ███   █████   ███   █████   ███
█████   ███   █████   ███    ████   ████
█████   ███   █████   ████   ████   ████
████    ███   ████   █████   ███   █████
████   ████   ████   █████   ███   █████
▀███   ████   ████   ██████       █████
 ███   █████   ███   ████████▄▄▄███████
  █   ██████   ███   █████████████████
      ███████       █████████████████
     ██████████▄▄▄█████████████████▀
     ▀███████████████████████████▀
       ▀▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Worldcore
▄▄
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
▀▀  ██
    ██
    ▄▄
    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ▀▀
██   
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:16:30 PM

Date now 14-11-2017:
How do you think about the big resistance by a lot of goverments and official financial institutes ?
It's lately all over the news that a lot off warnings are coming from news agency's not to invest in so called ICO's.
I think it is normal that we are seeing a bigger resistance against icos, while some icos are good projects most of them are nothing but scams and many people are losing a lot of money investing in icos, I do not like government regulation but it seems people are not going to learn their lesson in any other way.
Gabb

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:24:10 PM

Actually they are very high risk investments since many of these companies do not have an official registry or formal offices to address any claim. Personally I think that there should be more regulation in this new business model, and that is why I have recently seen ICOs like Crypto 20 that already requires documentation to be able to invest.
LAservice (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 11:31:18 PM

Is it maybe not possible to create somekind of "institute" where you can deposit a legal claim for a new ICO based on some basic rules?
Ofcourse with a website, registration and afterwards proof of youre existence?
So you can get some recognition from a solid platform?

For people who wants to invest in this brand new world it maybe an interesting portal.
Any ideas?
Raist

Activity: 490
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:31:46 PM

90% of everything is bullsh*t and mostly ICO are only ponzi schemes or "real money for swinging in the clouds". From the other side shall we see fully centralized and regulated ICO inside crypto system? That will be funny because that will quit the whole conception of crypto. Technically how it can be controlled? Legal and Illegal coins and tokens? Can it appear that BTC will really open the Pandora's box of mega-centralization and control?
LAservice (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 11:44:33 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2017, 12:08:00 AM by LAservice

Maybe than you can also make some registration fee over the registration wich makes it for low level scammers not interesting to do so.
But keep it low enough to normal investors to get there recommendation on the list.
Also there can be a record of scam ICO's on the list which do not have all the thrusted necessery requirements for an ICO.
And ofcourse full proof of exitence by the regulated paperwork.

It's just a idea..

But it has to be globely....i think
Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:10:28 AM

Date now 14-11-2017:

It's normal process because regular fiat institutions like banks and regulatory commission are not getting their share, white-grey-under the table.

Current ICO status is like Wild Wild West on stock market. Completely unregulated, with a lot of scams and a lot of legit projects. But you need to use your own head and make a profit instead some commission to tell you where to put your own money.
crypto-curious

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:11:13 AM

Because ICOs are coming in numbers [400+ a month!!]..It has govts seeing red.

Some are scams - there are always people trying to make money off of a hype.

Hopefully the regulations put in place are not outright bans, but something that will help it prosper and guard against fraudulent activities.
bitcoinbox

Activity: 675
Merit: 254

So far so good

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:18:44 AM

It is actually a good thing that the medias are warning people about ICO's.
If you just arrive in the cryptoworld and get scammed by an ICO, you will probably never look again at crypto, which is sad.
For more experienced people, we know that there are so many scams and we tend to be way much more suspicious.
John Langut

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:33:15 AM

I find it a bit hypocritical to be honest. There are so many things in the regulated markets that are also dangerous, but they pretend it's safer. Isn't that worse? You think you're safe but you're not. At least with ICOs you know all bets are off.
LAservice (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 12:50:26 AM

The BIG problem is that the cryptoworld can not be stopped nor controlled in any way.
It's open and free like people want it to be.
So there has to be a platform or portal(hardware, legaly and software) where everybody can check if the wanted ICO, is trustfully or not.
This has to be global ofcourse but....how?
It may not be controlled by whatever country, gouverment or whatever at this level.
Maybe we can make something the same as linux thorvald invented....some kind of open source portal...

i don't know but it's a thought....think with me...
NathanJB

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:58:56 AM

Date now 14-11-2017:

I think this is largely due to the fact that the traditional companies are having a very hard time looking for investors to fund their projects or brilliant ideas. And seeing the ICO as a new way that is being used by crypto projects to gather support in terms of investment is carried out far easier, they are starting to influence their own governments to ban these ICOs. They better join the ICO party if they wish to. 
LAservice (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 01:08:09 AM

For company's it is a big opportunity to get investers for their course.
For that it is a good bussiness plan and maybe profitable as i mentioned before.
But...therefor it needs a good platform for reference.

So yes, i find it the future, but it has to be regulated in some form without influence of anybody.
Dullmartini

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 01:48:35 AM

It is like the stock market, considering you buy and sell tokens on an exchange. Except that it’s not regulated like a stock market. There are a lot of scams in the ico space and a lot of poor projects that will never make it anywhere. That rarely happens in the stock market due to regulations.

A lot of investors could see icos as a get rich quick scheme and don’t understand the risks or the fact they are not regulated. I think it’s good that governments issue public warnings.
Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:44:49 AM

It is actually a good thing that the medias are warning people about ICO's.
If you just arrive in the cryptoworld and get scammed by an ICO, you will probably never look again at crypto, which is sad.
For more experienced people, we know that there are so many scams and we tend to be way much more suspicious.

I can't agree with you.

If you got scammed, the most probable reason will be that you've invested in something which is "too good to be true". This is valid any venture - in real or virtual world. If you are not using your own head, nobody will help you. But at least there will be nobody to blame on.
LAservice (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 11:39:14 PM

Yep true..but it is also proofen that the stakes can be very high as is the profits.
That is why i like to have somekind of independed "proof of trust" site where all new ICO's can proof there trust.
This will be no garantee but it makes all a bit more transparent...i think
limmousine

Activity: 546
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:53:11 AM

Date now 14-11-2017:
government regulation is right, I think it's good to prevent citizens from being fooled and wrong choosing ico.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: