Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:50:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How to choose the right ICO? Is it by..
Team (This includes Advisory board) - 136 (52.1%)
Road map and/or White paper - 44 (16.9%)
Disruptive in nature - 10 (3.8%)
Hype or Marketing - 27 (10.3%)
Size or range - 12 (4.6%)
Business utility - 32 (12.3%)
Total Voters: 261

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to choose the right ICO?  (Read 7838 times)
amsiran_irene

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 06:33:11 AM

TRUST. I capitalized all of it because it's really a huge word and also fragile. I'm sure you've noticed a lot of ICO's making promises that is not fulfilled so for me, those who have integrity are the very best ICO to choose.

That is the major thing we have to assume because check their linked profile if they mentioned about the company. There are many companies now a days promising the right things and doing some good developments in terms of the project to get more awareness about their product.

Maybe, there should be a platform that will identify and analyze all the projects if it has potential prior to their marketing or release, somewhat like there is an approval in this group for example. also, get all the details of the development team so that we can track them if they will get run with our investment in a form of KYC. This is to protect also the welfare of the investors. Having a whitepaper, roadmap, dev team enough to say that the project is legit? 

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform | 5+ Millions USD Raised
2 Millions Orders/s ▸ Public Sale starts on May 03 2019◂

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sisipraba

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:43:33 AM

In my opinion is that we should read whitepaper first and take a advance  idea about that project . Then we should  confirm there dev is active and efficient by telegram community,twitter and facebook pages. Then if you think it has good potential,you can contribute their ico .
samward

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:16:41 AM

judging from the experience of the team in the ICO as well as the flow of funds sent from the wallet to the ICO is whether there really is or not. if not then the ICO is just a fraud and do not have to be done
YellowZapdos

Activity: 66

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:30:32 AM

That's a trick question.

Team is big. If people have experience in similar projects, theres a good chance, it they will carry it through.
Business utility is important, because for the project to function, it needs to have a purpose in the first place.
But, since all of these things are supposed to be reflected in WP, I suppose, I have to say WP? As in, what it says, not what it looks like.

Someone mentioned VLB eariler here and yeah, its the team that attracted me first, but I stayed for utility, that I learned from whitepaper, so... Here ya go.
Omtamvan

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:30:25 AM

the team has a huge influence in the running of an ICO. in running the draft and how to get the investors. the team should be able to play a role in such matters because of ICO can be successful and not.
volf22

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:34:09 PM

I think that there is no one criterion, it's all complex. Especially as more scammers become, and they can very easily make the appearance of a successful ICO

LuckySarah

Activity: 88
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:01:51 PM

I think that there is no one criterion, it's all complex. Especially as more scammers become, and they can very easily make the appearance of a successful ICO

Yeah, even sometime you may think "that ICO looks not really reliable" but your heart tells you it's OK and you invest in it and get a huge profit. Intuition.  Smiley

Go-go-go, power girls !
Mattacoin

Activity: 50

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:21:47 PM

The ICOs I invest in all have a few things in common.
1. They must have an idea which is understandable and  has a need for a token.
2. They must have a professional website with a whitepaper, and a quality roadmap.
3. I want a diverse team, which includes programmers and financial people. Connections and experience are key, so is diversification. A single nation/race team likely won't succeed abroad.
4. If it smells like a scam or is too generous to insiders, stay away.
StGermain

Merit: 14

QuickX ICO

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:56:29 PM

the team is indeed very influential, so much more reasonable if the selected team. Therefore if you want to monitor a project can be seen in advance of the team that handles the project profile.

completely agree with you, project team is very important factor, which you need to pay attention to.
i have a good example of such a project - Vehicle Lifecycle Blockchain. it has a strong team with a solid background and strong group of advisors even from IBM! i definitely trust this project and thinking about investing.

I am going to say something that may sond weird, but it is true: If you are investing on an ICO for the short term, you don´t need a good project, just good marketing.

wiss19

Activity: 2114
Merit: 338

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:43:28 PM

by looking at the structure and scheduling of the ICO and with whom they cooperate in the sale of tokens that may be the most important

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
yrsat

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:20:45 PM

A white paper serves as the company’s pitch to potential investors. As such, it should be well-written and substantial enough to provide compelling arguments on why people should trust the venture with their investments. Nitpicking the white paper could prove useful in revealing the details of how their solutions work and what need areas they will be addressing.
zoiapisya

Activity: 448
Merit: 106

quarkchain.io

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:32:03 PM

the team is indeed very influential, so much more reasonable if the selected team. Therefore if you want to monitor a project can be seen in advance of the team that handles the project profile.

completely agree with you, project team is very important factor, which you need to pay attention to.
i have a good example of such a project - Vehicle Lifecycle Blockchain. it has a strong team with a solid background and strong group of advisors even from IBM! i definitely trust this project and thinking about investing.

I am going to say something that may sond weird, but it is true: If you are investing on an ICO for the short term, you don´t need a good project, just good marketing.
I agree with you. If there is a great public interest in the project, this is often enough to increase the price, after the ICO

erasheed28

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:09:35 AM

A white paper serves as the company’s pitch to potential investors. As such, it should be well-written and substantial enough to provide compelling arguments on why people should trust the venture with their investments. Nitpicking the white paper could prove useful in revealing the details of how their solutions work and what need areas they will be addressing.
it's easy to make a whitepaper especially when you are good in writing and composing a paragraph, this is a plus points if you consider that ICO is legit and doesn't have any sketchy element but if you are not sure with the ICO being a legit one i think we should always consider the teams background first before anything else.

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
blockbryan

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:53:47 AM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 03:59:19 PM by blockbryan

temporarily off
Idoe

Activity: 334
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:49:20 AM

ICO is a nice run with a team of experienced and highly skilled of course in their field. This will determine the success and the operations of the ICO to the future.
Dek_Fakhri

Activity: 169

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:10:18 AM

ICO which is rated good if many investors who typically invest in ICO. to attract investors, it is the duty of the team in order to make the ICO be attractive.
1NV3ST0NM3

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:30:54 PM

That's a trick question.

Team is big. If people have experience in similar projects, theres a good chance, it they will carry it through.
Business utility is important, because for the project to function, it needs to have a purpose in the first place.
But, since all of these things are supposed to be reflected in WP, I suppose, I have to say WP? As in, what it says, not what it looks like.

Someone mentioned VLB eariler here and yeah, its the team that attracted me first, but I stayed for utility, that I learned from whitepaper, so... Here ya go.
Agree with you. More than utility what I see in a project is that what addition will it make in society. VLB really fulfills the damn criteria so there is no contradiction if we say that VLB is the right ICO
JVC

Activity: 50

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:51:00 PM

Team + Marketing for a quick flip

but IMO team is the most important
DoNotTouchMyTraLaLa

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:07:13 PM

My choice is Team (This includes Advisory board)
Just for example, VLB project. They’ve got Nitin Gaur from IBM as advisor. Check their WP. Nitin Gaur, currently serves as Director of IBM’s Blockchain Labs - serving to devise industry standards and use cases to make “blockchain for enterprise” a reality.
blockbryan

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:18:15 AM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 03:59:09 PM by blockbryan

temporarily off
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: