Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:03:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MΣC] Megacoin.co.nz - Forum, Github, Website Now in 18 Languages  (Read 330731 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 07:43:14 PM

Any news from Kimoto San?

lol if you guys only knew......

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 02:42:15 PM

Any news from Kimoto San?

lol if you guys only knew......

Well if we did, it would be almost like insider trading. If Kimoto has something big cooking, he sure has kept it a secret. No one will ever be able to say he isn't fair and ethical regardless of what happens. At these prices, anyone has an opportunity to grab a stake for almost nothing.
I'd say it's almost a zero risk investment...
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 05:44:17 PM

Should get interesting pretty soon. We will hit block 400,000 this week, and block 420,000 is only a few weeks away... The block reward will drop to 12.5. Pretty good timing on Kimoto's part wouldn't you say? Megacoin's second anniversary is coming up fast!

Then the real news... The world's financial markets have never looked more precarious since the beginning of time.  Shocked
Once the lemmings wake up, it's going to be too late to plan for anything. I remember back in 2008 there were very few people predicting the financial crisis that wiped out trillions in investments, jobs, and businesses. This time an imminent collapse on a much larger scale is far more obvious. And there are more respected people with the inside scoop talking about it.

http://www.businessinsider.com/jamie-dimon-letter-to-jpmorgan-shareholders-2015-4

http://thecrux.com/dyncontent/ron-paul-one-step-to-prepare/?cid=MKT033949&eid=MKT040148&snaid=&step=start

An advertisement, but impressive and accurate...

http://pro.moneymappress.com/MMRBS495LG/PMMRR440/?iris=351898&ad=revenge-end-fem&h=true

http://demonocracy.info/infographics/usa/fiscal_cliff/fiscal_cliff.html

I predict the next rally in Crypto will dwarf the one we saw late in 2013. Get the popcorn ready, because this is going to be EPIC!
Mike18feb

Activity: 657
Merit: 500

MΣC

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 07:28:18 PM

Another cool service! You can now pay Bitcoin invoices with Megacoin, or other crypto's.

Think of all the pizzas you can order with Megacoins now  Grin

<||=||>  Rule #1a: Never invest more then you can afford to lose. <||=||>  Rule #1b: Never invest all you can afford to lose. <||=||> 
............. Whenever someone idly claims a scam, a Bitcoin somewhere dies .............
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 03:50:53 PM

I predicted things would start to unravel around the end of April. Should be interesting regardless.  Grin

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102595554
FiniteRed

Activity: 346
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 05:34:46 PM

Guys come on, seriously. No news/anything from Kimoto in over a year now, all projects were vaporware - he has moved on, Megacoin was a good project but face facts.

Game over Sad

[G]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ] ~ [ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[H]
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 02:24:50 AM

Guys come on, seriously. No news/anything from Kimoto in over a year now, all projects were vaporware - he has moved on, Megacoin was a good project but face facts.

Game over Sad

I am certain the projects were real. I also believe the plans morphed into something far more difficult. Only time will tell if he was/is able to make these projects work, or if they will be released. But one thing I am completely certain of is that Kimoto would not make promises he couldn't keep. He would also not give anyone an unfair advantage. I believe that he has kept silent for good reasons (obviously his own). If he has left the scene completely, he sure didn't give anyone false hope. No harm, no foul.  

It's just my opinion he wouldn't abandon us, or leave all his work to fall apart. I may be completely wrong, but I think world financial conditions are creating a perfect storm that will dwarf the opportunities of 2008, and Cyprus. There will be another major crypto rally. I believe Kimoto knows this, and the timing is perfect for something "really" new and innovative. My hope is that we will hear something around Megacoin's 2nd anniversary. If not, I'm sorry if I gave anyone false hope. I know nothing, other than what I can read from the tea leaves...

If Greece defaults, it will rock the financial world more than Cyprus squared.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/apr/19/eurozone-crisis-grexit-edges-closer-as-markets-brace-for-athens-default

http://demonocracy.info/infographics/eu/debt_greek/debt_greek.html
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 02:28:50 AM

It's really amazing how few people get it... Even those who seem to be intelligent Bitcoin/Alt-coin fans. I have read charts and analyzed various charting methods and trends for a long time. But in our current situation it's ridiculous not to mention the driving forces that are causing the moves being analyzed.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-price-rising-drop-zone/

These charts can be simplified.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/11551536/Greek-bank-shares-slide-to-record-low-as-ECB-considers-pulling-the-plug.html

http://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2015/apr/21/gazprom-ceo-heads-to-greece-as-cash-reserves-run-short-business-live

There is an upswing in Bitcoin's price due to the rising possibility of a Greek default. There are two scenarios here. One of them becoming fact is virtually guaranteed. If Greece defaults, we will see a Bitcoin/Alt-coin rally that will likely dwarf late 2013 prices by a wide margin. On the other hand, if Greece somehow manages to get their hands on another huge pile of cash they can never afford to pay back, crypto coin prices will continue to languish until the inevitable finally happens.

The bottom line is that faith in fiat currency, and the current system is going to erode faster and faster.

Help us Obi Wan Kimoto, you're our only hope!

Apraksin

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

Moon?

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 05:24:55 AM

It's really amazing how few people get it... Even those who seem to be intelligent Bitcoin/Alt-coin fans. I have read charts and analyzed various charting methods and trends for a long time. But in our current situation it's ridiculous not to mention the driving forces that are causing the moves being analyzed.

We get that, what we don't get is why MEC would be playing any part in that future. No one believes in MEC anymore except the five or so people frequenting the MEC-forum talking about red pills and what a good sign it is that Kimoto haven't showed himself for six months.
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 11:34:17 AM

We get that, what we don't get is why MEC would be playing any part in that future. No one believes in MEC anymore except the five or so people frequenting the MEC-forum talking about red pills and what a good sign it is that Kimoto haven't showed himself for six months.

Looking at all your previous posts, I don't believe you have ever gotten it. Although you have bothered to stop in and spread your negativity on a regular basis, so that is even more difficult to understand. The network hash rate isn't being generated by five of us.
Gee has it been a whole six months already? Then it's  about time for some good news.  Smiley
Apraksin

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

Moon?

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 12:43:36 PM

Gee has it been a whole six months already? Then it's  about time for some good news.  Smiley

Yes, the fact that he hasn't communicated a word in six months or the fact that it's closing up on two years since the code was updated is a really promising sign that something amazing is about to happen!  Cheesy

Hell, that bag of yours must be gigantic to keep up this level of faith.
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 01:07:17 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2015, 06:14:04 PM by vtr99

Gee has it been a whole six months already? Then it's  about time for some good news.  Smiley

Yes, the fact that he hasn't communicated a word in six months or the fact that it's closing up on two years since the code was updated is a really promising sign that something amazing is about to happen!  Cheesy

Hell, that bag of yours must be gigantic to keep up this level of faith.

You failed to mention the last major code update was the KGW, and that was adopted by the vast majority of Alt-coins (read hundreds). There are more articles on the Internet about the Kimoto Gravity Well, than there are about almost any single coin with the exception of Bitcoin.

I have complete confidence, that's why I'm betting my entire $100 investment  Shocked

vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 06:14:27 PM

This new technical analysis completely misses the mark, because it doesn't take the the most important factors into consideration.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-price-avoids-drop-zone-bullish-moves/

If a deal is is reached with Greece, it will most likely hold true. If we see Greece abandon the Euro, the price of Bitcoin will move above $300 like a Formula 1 car leaving the starting grid.

More reasons to dump fiat and never look back.

http://www.infowars.com/report-jpmorganchase-bans-storage-of-cash-in-its-safety-deposit-boxes/
nbk

Activity: 132
Merit: 10

MEGACOIN

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 07:58:10 AM

Hi all!!

I started a NOMP based 0,6% fee pool. http://vacerpool1.ddns.net/

Other coins:
Litecoin
Startcoin
Syscoin

thanks for your support  - pool added to my mecpage http://www.megacoin.eu/#mining

MΣC:  MDnML1znxhbfrSX5nU2GqP5FjbB4Gwpqsj
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 04:14:03 PM

Greece is looking more and more like a GIANT version of Cyprus. Hard to imagine this won't have extremely positive effects on the Crypto markets.  Grin 

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/world/europe/article4431233.ece
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 11:43:17 PM

Greece is looking more and more like a GIANT version of Cyprus. Hard to imagine this won't have extremely positive effects on the Crypto markets.  Grin 

Who cares about greece right now?
Whats happening with Megacoin is what i want to know!

I propose a community takeover if Kimoto doesn't get his A into G

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 05:21:14 PM

I don't think we could hijack this coin without Kimoto's help (Not that I would want to anyway). Without him, I don't see the Megacoin vision ever being realized. Or should I say at least without his help for some time. A community takeover without his blessing would definitely be the end of the line for me.

I still believe that Kimoto's plans were dependent on timing (those gates he talked about). More than that, in my opinion the entire Crypto scene depends on the incompetence of governments and central bankers. The Cyprus debt, and resulting Crypto rally was a piece of rust on the wheels of the financial world. Greece is a flat tire with a broken axle in the scheme of future fiat confidence. If Kimoto is as brilliant as I think he is, and he was able to complete the projects he was working on, then he will have a perfect opportunity coming.

Again, I could be delusional, or there could be any number of reasons it won't happen the way I envision it... But there is no doubt the perfect opportunity will present itself in the near future. All we can do is add some support and wait, or go on our merry way.  Grin
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 11:16:18 PM

I don't think we could hijack this coin without Kimoto's help (Not that I would want to anyway). Without him, I don't see the Megacoin vision ever being realized. Or should I say at least without his help for some time. A community takeover without his blessing would definitely be the end of the line for me.

I still believe that Kimoto's plans were dependent on timing (those gates he talked about). More than that, in my opinion the entire Crypto scene depends on the incompetence of governments and central bankers. The Cyprus debt, and resulting Crypto rally was a piece of rust on the wheels of the financial world. Greece is a flat tire with a broken axle in the scheme of future fiat confidence. If Kimoto is as brilliant as I think he is, and he was able to complete the projects he was working on, then he will have a perfect opportunity coming.

Again, I could be delusional, or there could be any number of reasons it won't happen the way I envision it... But there is no doubt the perfect opportunity will present itself in the near future. All we can do is add some support and wait, or go on our merry way.  Grin

Yeah well we will have to wait and see i guess.
This is why its a bad idea to invest in coins with only one or a handful of devs where there is little community input.
Open source should essentially allow others to work on the project as they see fit. If no one is there to take the lead the whole thing will fall apart.

Megacoin is a solid coin, which had a solid dev behind it, why anyone would abandon such work is beyond me, i really hope he is planning some sort of ninja release sometime soon. Something needs to happen, if this project really is as big as he claims, then hopefully its something worth waiting for.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 02:49:35 AM

Yeah well we will have to wait and see i guess.
This is why its a bad idea to invest in coins with only one or a handful of devs where there is little community input.
Open source should essentially allow others to work on the project as they see fit. If no one is there to take the lead the whole thing will fall apart.

Megacoin is a solid coin, which had a solid dev behind it, why anyone would abandon such work is beyond me, i really hope he is planning some sort of ninja release sometime soon. Something needs to happen, if this project really is as big as he claims, then hopefully its something worth waiting for.

Well that's exactly it... I find it very hard to believe that Kimoto would put this much effort into something and then just abandon it. Not sure how many other coins were translated into 18 or more languages, but I haven't seen any that have a web site that looks as sharp, or have the initial foundation thought out as well. I still believe something is going to happen, I just have no idea what it might be.

As I keep saying about the financial world, I don't believe 99% of the people understand the gravity of the situation. I used to think guys like Ron Paul were nut cases, but they were proven right in 2008. This time anyone with a brain is listening, because the debt has grown by about 40% in that brief time, and the real economy is much worse. I always got the feeling that Kimoto understood this stuff better than anyone. So like I said, either I'm living in a fantasy, or there will be some sort of Megacoin revival. Not much to lose by waiting...
claycoins

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 08:36:41 AM

something going on at btc38 buying up a lot of coins including mec.

Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 »
  Print  

Jump to: