Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 10:37:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... 196 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MΣC] Megacoin.co.nz - Forum, Github, Website Now in 18 Languages  (Read 330732 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 02:22:27 AM

lots of chatting, no action
I'm sure kimoto is working on stuff, however he's not a graphic designer from what I can tell, even though his site is nice

first up, I noticed, megacoin.co  domain was in pending delete
so i purchased it and forwarded to megacoin.co.nz

at some point in future I may develop, or happy to donate to kimoto if he would rather use than the .co.nz as a lot shorter and more brandable

next up, it's no good waiting for sites to start accepting megacoins without a way to even accept them for free

megacoin needs some donate buttons and banners , then the widgets after that

I am happy to throw 200 MEC in the pot, if others do too in this thread, hopefully a graphic design member will do the buttons and banners and we can offer them to sites
also kimoto can add to a merchant tools page on megacoin.co.nz

I would do them myself but am not a graphic designer

would be cool to have some buttons with different versions
some with the red coin, some with say the silver /grey megacoin on etc

for example, here is a bunch feathercoin had done which I think are excellent
more variations could be done, better than this I think as nec has a couple of great logos
http://postimg.org/image/5jy8ygpc3/

anyone else care to add to this?
thanks

Wow, great way to continue forward!

Sidebars, banner ads, donate buttons, purchase buttons all sound excellent  Grin

I am happy to donate 15,000 MEC towards this project pending outcome, but I'm sure you guys will be up for the task.

I can continue purchasing ad space with updated ads, some gifs, whatever your forte!

Alienwalkerx, I wanted to chime in on this one. I have to agree with Guido, that 15,000 MΣC is far too generous. I believe Kimoto offered 2500 MΣC bounty for our Megacoin symbol to be updated, and that was when MΣC had almost no value. Anyway, my idea would be to offer a set bounty for these things. We need to come up with a wish list of projects, and what they are worth to us. I have been trading PMs with flayway, and he apparently has a Finnish version of the client in the works, and is also working on a Russian version, and possibly a Vietnamese version. For the last couple, I think he needs help (a possible bribe Wink.  I don't think it's fair that you and ethought always seem to be the ones donating all the MΣC. I was thinking we could elect a "MΣC treasurer", and ask for donations to pay out the bounties, and get these things done. This would also give some new MΣC fans a way to earn some coins. If we can agree on some sort of plan, I would be willing to make a donation.

Haha, yeah I wasn't planning on paying out 15,000 for a donate button.

Just throwing it out there that I will contribute to community projects and happy to do so.

15,000 isn't a lot for widgets, logos, buttons, language translations and community banter, I often donate 20,000 weekly just because. If you have seen I don't ask for anything in return, so this outcome is a positive for me.

I was more or less thinking of divvying it up and paying out to contributors, but if you guys want to make it a competition/bounty, I am happy to do it this way.

Guido, alex0909 and amytheplanarshift all added to the list to send some funds to for getting the ball rolling. You can do what you want with the funds or can add them back to this project.

p.s If you guys want to add your MEC address to the bottom of your signature that would be good, some members will find they often receive random donations  Grin

Keep any funds you were going to send my way to throw back into the community. I have my share of MEC and I just want to do anything I can to keep this community moving forward!

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
Alienwalkerx

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 02:39:14 AM

Keep any funds you were going to send my way to throw back into the community. I have my share of MEC and I just want to do anything I can to keep this community moving forward!

Noted.
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 02:55:03 AM

ditto

I don't have a lot of mec compared to many I guess but I haven't done anything worthy of a donation
I am just enjoying being nvolved and putting ideas forward

the foundation is a good idea, maybe everyone can put in a little bit, whatever people feel comfortable with

be good if a trustworthy regular such as alienwalker did himself?
could start as just people posting what they sent, the person saying received
have a siggy link explaining
could even move onto a domain for it at a later date
and could be used for bounties, giveaways, promotions, gaining awareness etc

also it would be very healthy for a member or two to be involved with the doctor imo
I like coins who have a team, however small

I mean, 1 person can get hit by a bus or anything so it's down to the good doctor if he sees any members he wants to involve with github adding etc as I feel more than 1 person needs to be involved , even on a timezone level,

as far as a forum
the best thing is for the doctor again imo to add one, on a subdomain to main site
forum.megacoin.co.nz

it will drive traffic to main site in large volumes
also you want people to discover megacoin and not be sidetracked by lots of other coins of the minute which they will do coming here possibly, especially noobs

many, many things to do
and yes, we need kimoto to be here more than he currently does and actively respond to our ideas imo

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 03:04:33 AM

I'll be selling a PS3 to US residents for MegaCoin if anyone is interested.   Wink

I would like more info on the Gravity Well and how exactly that works and what it entails;
I can't seem to find much information on it sadly.

The PS3 sounds like a great way to get some Megacoin interest going. If I may suggest, why don't you auction it off to the highest bidder?
rapta

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 03:17:25 AM

What's the bounty on a community marketplace? Smiley
darkproton

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 03:23:28 AM

ok,
I contacted the owner of this site a while back via email, but never heard back
coinwidget.com

the source is on github
https://github.com/scottycc/coinwidget.com

i also posted about this on this thread while back and noone commented, but hopefully noe people have some interest

currently his site and widgets only support ltc and btc

I know ftc tinkered around and did their own

they have a link on their site
again, this is ideal
http://www.feathercoin.com/buttongen/

(please visit link above to see how good and useful is)

if anyone has some basic coding skills, this could be easiest way to make fully working widgets for websites to take donations
would need to add custom megacoin graphics etc

ideally then once made, the widgets could be hosted on megacoin.co.nz so people can just paste and add to their site, like ftc have, a dedicated page

other bonus graphics people are making can be used for people to asvertise megacoin on their sites or manually add their address if need be by using simple graphics editor to add wallet address

note; just to add anyone using the code has to give credit I think
feathercoin forked it (as they normally do most things lol)
https://github.com/Mark-Leck/FeatherCoinWidget
and gave credit

so anyone doing this (and imo would be well worthy of alienwalkers bounty) and the thanks of mec community
would really need to do over at github

just to give a bump
anyone in community capable of this?
I can do it. Have been working on a mec paper wallet and android wallet. I can pump this donate button out and finish the paper wallet soon. Hopefully android wallet will be ready next week. I have other coding stuff to release that is all mec related, such as an official betting site that will only accept mec for wagers on pro/college sports.  It's been slow going as I work alone and my job has been intense. Good day mec bethren.
Alienwalkerx

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 03:29:04 AM

What's the bounty on a community marketplace? Smiley
I can do it. Have been working on a mec paper wallet and android wallet. I can pump this donate button out and finish the paper wallet soon. Hopefully android wallet will be ready next week. I have other coding stuff to release that is all mec related, such as an official betting site that will only accept mec for wagers on pro/college sports.  It's been slow going as I work alone and my job has been intense. Good day mec bethren.

Sent you both some funds for continued effort in these projects.

Great work.
rapta

Activity: 325

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 03:35:06 AM

Thank you!!
kimoto (OP)

Activity: 183

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:01:23 AM

We share values.  Everything is connected Charlie.

I'll go along with this Charlie stuff for a bit, although I do think it's adversely affecting the price of MEC.

So at the launch when it's claimed the client is a wallet stealer...
They know that others wouldn't so much as download this wallet without any source provided for say first 24 hours?

Enabling Kimoto, Hazw3rth and perhaps others within the inner circle to premine openly.
Am I on the right line Dr. Kimoto?

Good morning Frobley! Apologies for the confusion.
Anyone active in the crypto community is a supporter, directly or indirectly. ("We share values.  Everything is connected Charlie.")
Other than that, no direct involvement.
Hope all is well! Smiley
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:06:14 AM

Hey All -

Have to say I am loving the enthusiasm around here. Keep it up guys, the success of this coin is up to us (the community) and of course the good doctor Kimoto.

Speaking of Kimoto I am in discussion about starting a forum. I am just waiting to hear from him whether we should start a standalone forum or a forum as a subdomain of the main megacoin website. As soon as I know I will get the forum up.

Will be needing some moderators, so anyone who is willing to help out with this let me know.

Regarding the payment gateway - it is still coming, I am just having to deal with a very slow Java dev. If he does not produce the goods soon I am going to have to cut him out and do it myself. Sorry for the delay on this guys, it is really frustrating me.

I have in the meantime been working on another project which some of you will no doubt hear about in a few days time. Although not directly related to Megacoin at this stage, I am trying to encourage my business partner into including Megacoin - if we are successful on launch I think this is a real possibility - cant say any more at the moment.

Lastly Kimoto has asked me to arrange some translations if possible for the Megacoin client (and website?). Looking for the following languages from these countries: Russia, Germany, Italy, Ukraine, Poland, Netherlands, France, Brazil, Spain, Japan, Norway. Kimoto or I can provide a list of strings that need translation, if anyone is willing and able to help out with some of these languages please let me know - otherwise we are going to have to pay to get it done.

Alienwalkerx

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:22:41 AM
Last edit: October 30, 2013, 04:36:37 AM by Alienwalkerx

Hi Kimoto, hope all is well on your end as well.

Is there anything further we need crowd sourcing for on your end, or is all according to plan?

So far I have:

-New Donation buttons/Widgets - current projected target is 500 MEC per design but don't want to get over run!
-Banner Ad/Sidebar ad - 500 MEC per design.
-Translating Languages for main website - offering 500 MEC to start off per language translated but can raise this as some languages are harder than others if not using autotranslate software.
-Support forum to attach to main website - ethought, I will leave this with you and kimoto, am happy to offer moderation in the future as am always around.
-Apps/Websites/Exchanges/Marketplace/Wallets Etc.. - Offering 2000 MEC currently but can always raise this depending on the project.
-Pamphlet information for business owners, such as; http://lh6.ggpht.com/-HVF1kwZgiCI/UmdMMM1iqjI/AAAAAAAADto/0xJZh7piW_g/tmp85F0%25255B10%25255D.png?imgmax=800 - 1000 MEC

Good day.
digeros

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:34:00 AM

Hi Kimoto, hope all is well on your end as well.

Is there anything further we need crowd sourcing for on your end, or is all according to plan?

So far I have:

-New Donation buttons - current projected target is 500 MEC per design but don't want to get over run!
-Banner Ad/Sidebar ad - 500 MEC per design.
-Translating Languages for main website - offering 500 MEC to start off per language translated but can raise this as some languages are harder than others if not using autotranslate software.
-Support forum to attach to main website - ethought, I will leave this with you and kimoto, am happy to offer moderation in the future as am always around.
-Apps/Websites/Exchanges/Marketplace Etc.. - Offering 2000 MEC currently but can always raise this depending on the project.

Good day.

Alien Walker... Are those bounties for winning designs or what exactly?  I might try my hand at the banners.  - digeros
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:34:38 AM

Outstanding! Both paper wallets, and Android wallets would be a huge step forward!  Grin

Now if we can get the Android beer tapper...

rumlazy

Activity: 203

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:37:04 AM

I can't really do much in terms of services or design, but if someone were to make a ledger with a plan to get stuff made for megacoin, I'd happily donate to the cause.  Megacoin definitely has one of the strongest communities in all of the altcoins at the moment Smiley .
Alienwalkerx

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:38:52 AM

Alien Walker... Are those bounties for winning designs or what exactly?  I might try my hand at the banners.  - digeros

Nope, donations for effort put forward.
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:56:45 AM

Hey All -

Have to say I am loving the enthusiasm around here. Keep it up guys, the success of this coin is up to us (the community) and of course the good doctor Kimoto.

Speaking of Kimoto I am in discussion about starting a forum. I am just waiting to hear from him whether we should start a standalone forum or a forum as a subdomain of the main megacoin website. As soon as I know I will get the forum up.

Will be needing some moderators, so anyone who is willing to help out with this let me know.

Regarding the payment gateway - it is still coming, I am just having to deal with a very slow Java dev. If he does not produce the goods soon I am going to have to cut him out and do it myself. Sorry for the delay on this guys, it is really frustrating me.

I have in the meantime been working on another project which some of you will no doubt hear about in a few days time. Although not directly related to Megacoin at this stage, I am trying to encourage my business partner into including Megacoin - if we are successful on launch I think this is a real possibility - cant say any more at the moment.

Lastly Kimoto has asked me to arrange some translations if possible for the Megacoin client (and website?). Looking for the following languages from these countries: Russia, Germany, Italy, Ukraine, Poland, Netherlands, France, Brazil, Spain, Japan, Norway. Kimoto or I can provide a list of strings that need translation, if anyone is willing and able to help out with some of these languages please let me know - otherwise we are going to have to pay to get it done.

ethought, I understand completely. We are just about tearing our hair out trying to get our dev moving. The first 3 developers we approached were supposedly project leads, and said our project was above their capability. We still hope to have some news before long. I'm always willing to help out in any way I can. My ex was Russian, so I am pretty sure I can translate any words, phrases, or strings.  Just send me a list of what we need, and I will get started.
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:57:22 AM

Hey All -

Give me a list of strings and I can handle the Japanese translation.

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
ethought
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 06:12:08 AM

Just waiting on a list of strings to translate now for the website from Kimoto. Will send through in PMs when I get that.

I will look into getting a list of strings to translate from the client today.

So far we have:

Japanese: amytheplanarshift
Russian: vtr99

Still need translators for the following:

German, Italian, Ukrainian, Polish, Dutch, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Norwegian, Korean

Any other languages that are not mentioned above that people want to volunteer to do let me know.

Smiley
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 06:20:12 AM

Just waiting on a list of strings to translate now for the website from Kimoto. Will send through in PMs when I get that.

So far we have:

German, Italian, Ukrainian, Polish, Dutch, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Norwegian, Korean

Any other languages that are not mentioned above that people want to volunteer to do let me know.

Smiley

Put me down for Polish too.  Grin I have a few dozen Polish friends that will be happy to assist.  Wink
ethought
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 06:22:54 AM

So far we have:

Smiley

Put me down for Polish too.  Grin I have a few dozen Polish friends that will be happy to assist.  Wink

Great!

So we now need:

German, Italian, Ukrainian, Dutch, French, Portuguese, Norwegian, Korean

I may be able to get Spanish done by someone depending on how busy they are so have taken it off the list for now..
Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... 196 »
  Print  

Jump to: