Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:00:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 196 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MΣC] Megacoin.co.nz - Forum, Github, Website Now in 18 Languages  (Read 330731 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 05:04:42 PM

First draft of purchase buttons. Let me know what you guys think.

These are perfect, we can definitely use them. Thanks!  Grin

If everyone agrees I can package up the PSD files for easier use/customization and put them up for download. Just want to make sure everyone likes the design first. Smiley

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alex0909

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 05:07:38 PM

Yes, we should put them in an easy accessible place
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 05:10:47 PM

Once the design(s) are finalized we can have kimoto put them up on the website. I saw on there that he has packages for businesses "coming soon" so this could be part of that.

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
frobley

Activity: 708

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 05:11:56 PM

DR. KIMOTO: Non, no, that's not Hazw3rth.  He's a supporter.
We share values.  Everything is connected Charlie.

If you were mining back then, you should know at what block you started mining? As stated, the truly bargain MΣC was practically free on Cryptsy. Kimoto went out of his way to make sure Megacoin had a fair launch, so I think you would have to be completely ignoring the facts to make such a claim.

You're ignoring kimoto's quote and being overly defensive.
The puppets are awake, good morning puppets!
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 05:21:58 PM

yes, on the official site
kimoto can add anyhwhere

like here
http://www.megacoin.co.nz/guides

or here:

http://www.megacoin.co.nz/downloads

I think is good if we have some uniform  buttons, banners, ideally from one person

I mean is up to alienwalker how he divides spoils for people efforts, so all contributors get something
however, makes sense for the final designs added to site to come from same person, so same fonts etc and designer

I personally would like to see some banner setc buttons with use of the few main mec images for coins that are mainly used

so a small one of these would look nice on a donate button

as well as seeing the two main ones centre and centre left

what does everyone else think?

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 05:53:37 PM

If you were mining back then, you should know at what block you started mining? As stated, the truly bargain MΣC was practically free on Cryptsy. Kimoto went out of his way to make sure Megacoin had a fair launch, so I think you would have to be completely ignoring the facts to make such a claim.

I think you are very confused.  Roll Eyes In my book there is no such thing as being overly defensive. It's just a matter of being able to understand the truth, and being on the right side. Cheesy  If you are going to make some absurd claim, at least back it up with some evidence?

Again, there is a difference between being a puppet, and being a supporter. I don't know much about Kimoto, but one thing I do know, is that he isn't looking to make a couple quick bucks off some fly-by-night junk coin. At least I'm smart enough to know a good thing when I see it. And although I shouldn't really diagram it out for you, I believe there is more truth to his analogies that you can possibly imagine...

I certainly am paying attention to his "quotes".   Grin Cheesy Shocked Cool Roll Eyes Cry Wink
Guido
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 05:56:17 PM

[/img]

that's excellent Alex!

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
frobley

Activity: 708

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 06:34:13 PM

I think you are very confused.  Roll Eyes In my book there is no such thing as being overly defensive. It's just a matter of being able to understand the truth, and being on the right side. Cheesy  If you are going to make some absurd claim, at least back it up with some evidence?

Again, there is a difference between being a puppet, and being a supporter. I don't know much about Kimoto, but one thing I do know, is that he isn't looking to make a couple quick bucks off some fly-by-night junk coin. At least I'm smart enough to know a good thing when I see it. And although I shouldn't really diagram it out for you, I believe there is more truth to his analogies that you can possibly imagine...

I certainly am paying attention to his "quotes".   Grin Cheesy Shocked Cool Roll Eyes Cry Wink

Don't get me wrong, I'd love MEC to rise above LTC in market cap.
I'm not making an "absurd claim".

Originally I had said -

I'll go along with this Charlie stuff for a bit, although I do think it's adversely affecting the price of MEC.

after, kimoto had posted previously

DR. KIMOTO: Non, no, that's not Hazw3rth.  He's a supporter.
We share values.  Everything is connected Charlie.

I then proposed a 'theory'. A theory not requiring evidence...
BTW, it's not like we haven't seen people giving away prizes to themselves via alternate logins on this forum is it?
Guido
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 07:01:32 PM

I contacted the owner of this site a while back via email, but never heard back
coinwidget.com

the source is on github
https://github.com/scottycc/coinwidget.com

i also posted about this on this thread while back and noone commented, but hopefully noe people have some interest

currently his site and widgets only support ltc and btc

I know ftc tinkered around and did their own

they have a link on their site
again, this is ideal
http://www.feathercoin.com/buttongen/

(please visit link above to see how good and useful is)

if anyone has some basic coding skills, this could be easiest way to make fully working widgets for websites to take donations
would need to add custom megacoin graphics etc

ideally then once made, the widgets could be hosted on megacoin.co.nz so people can just paste and add to their site, like ftc have, a dedicated page

other bonus graphics people are making can be used for people to asvertise megacoin on their sites or manually add their address if need be by using simple graphics editor to add wallet address

note; just to add anyone using the code has to give credit I think
feathercoin forked it (as they normally do most things lol)
https://github.com/Mark-Leck/FeatherCoinWidget
and gave credit

so anyone doing this (and imo would be well worthy of alienwalkers bounty) and the thanks of mec community
would really need to do over at github

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 07:14:59 PM

It 's great to see some action! Nice designs!

Also the russian translation may indeed help us going to btc-e!

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 07:57:27 PM

An interesting story...

http://news.yahoo.com/norwegian-man-buys-flat-forgotten-24-bitcoin-investment-174651722.html

Even with his success, this person still apparently doesn't understand.  Roll Eyes

"It's bizarre, these psychological reflexes that make us attach a value to something that doesn't have any in itself."

Like un-backed fiat currency does?

This is only the beginning, and it won't be long before even the most clueless figure it out.  Grin

exzellenz

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 08:29:49 PM

[/img]

translate: Пoжepтвoвaть ceйчac

alex0909

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 08:45:00 PM

An interesting story...

http://news.yahoo.com/norwegian-man-buys-flat-forgotten-24-bitcoin-investment-174651722.html

Even with his success, this person still apparently doesn't understand.  Roll Eyes

"It's bizarre, these psychological reflexes that make us attach a value to something that doesn't have any in itself."

Like un-backed fiat currency does?

This is only the beginning, and it won't be long before even the most clueless figure it out.  Grin

A bit off-topic here, sorry for that, but check the comments, one out of two states bitcoin as a ponzi scheme Smiley
A lot of it is FUD still, but mr and mrs smith (aka the average guy) needs to get that it's a currency, not a ponzi, that's the hardest part right now with crypto...

If megacoin succeeds it has to offer something more than bitcoin, the gravity well is amazing and solved some important issues, but without a real differenciation and solid arguments it will not take off, too much competition i guess.

We can do all efforts we can to make it successfull, but it's what kimoto does which really matters. Without a good developper and fresh ideas i don't see how we can surpass feathercoin for example, as a currency.

Furthermore i think that our coin is very inflationary, we will soon get into the 25coins per block value, if the price and interest has not boomed by then, i can only fear the worst.

We are not too bad right now, and have a strong community, i am always surprised by the number of MEC enthusiasts.

I know that zerocoin/coinjoin is on our path, and that would be amazing, but yet, i doubt that it can be realised. Still, that would bring a lot of people into megacoin, but also put us as a ''shady'' coin, just like bitcoin when it was only backed by SR/BMR.

I got on the megacoin boat on august, it's my third crypto in terms of investment right now, i don't have much, low five digits still so not that bad.

Once zerocoin is implemented (if it is) or if megacoin gains more supporters, we should really start a new forum for it, more structured than this thread.

We would gain a lot by doing this i guess. Still i don't see this happen for the next months. I could set one up, but i lack both resources and time to do so.
I would gladly help still.

GO MEC!
alex0909

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 08:56:13 PM

translate: Пoжepтвoвaть ceйчac

Done and added to my previous post in order not to spam Wink
Guido
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 10:22:10 PM

I contacted the owner of this site a while back via email, but never heard back
coinwidget.com

the source is on github
https://github.com/scottycc/coinwidget.com

i also posted about this on this thread while back and noone commented, but hopefully noe people have some interest

currently his site and widgets only support ltc and btc

I know ftc tinkered around and did their own

they have a link on their site
again, this is ideal
http://www.feathercoin.com/buttongen/

(please visit link above to see how good and useful is)

if anyone has some basic coding skills, this could be easiest way to make fully working widgets for websites to take donations
would need to add custom megacoin graphics etc

ideally then once made, the widgets could be hosted on megacoin.co.nz so people can just paste and add to their site, like ftc have, a dedicated page

other bonus graphics people are making can be used for people to asvertise megacoin on their sites or manually add their address if need be by using simple graphics editor to add wallet address

note; just to add anyone using the code has to give credit I think
feathercoin forked it (as they normally do most things lol)
https://github.com/Mark-Leck/FeatherCoinWidget
and gave credit

so anyone doing this (and imo would be well worthy of alienwalkers bounty) and the thanks of mec community
would really need to do over at github

just to give a bump
anyone in community capable of this?

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
ANiceJewishBoy

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 12:56:50 AM

Megacoin seems promising.
Subbed

Thought the community here could use this info:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=321086.0
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 01:01:02 AM

lots of chatting, no action
I'm sure kimoto is working on stuff, however he's not a graphic designer from what I can tell, even though his site is nice

first up, I noticed, megacoin.co  domain was in pending delete
so i purchased it and forwarded to megacoin.co.nz

at some point in future I may develop, or happy to donate to kimoto if he would rather use than the .co.nz as a lot shorter and more brandable

next up, it's no good waiting for sites to start accepting megacoins without a way to even accept them for free

megacoin needs some donate buttons and banners , then the widgets after that

I am happy to throw 200 MEC in the pot, if others do too in this thread, hopefully a graphic design member will do the buttons and banners and we can offer them to sites
also kimoto can add to a merchant tools page on megacoin.co.nz

I would do them myself but am not a graphic designer

would be cool to have some buttons with different versions
some with the red coin, some with say the silver /grey megacoin on etc

for example, here is a bunch feathercoin had done which I think are excellent
more variations could be done, better than this I think as nec has a couple of great logos
http://postimg.org/image/5jy8ygpc3/

anyone else care to add to this?
thanks

Wow, great way to continue forward!

Sidebars, banner ads, donate buttons, purchase buttons all sound excellent  Grin

I am happy to donate 15,000 MEC towards this project pending outcome, but I'm sure you guys will be up for the task.

I can continue purchasing ad space with updated ads, some gifs, whatever your forte!

Alienwalkerx, I wanted to chime in on this one. I have to agree with Guido, that 15,000 MΣC is far too generous. I believe Kimoto offered 2500 MΣC bounty for our Megacoin symbol to be updated, and that was when MΣC had almost no value. Anyway, my idea would be to offer a set bounty for these things. We need to come up with a wish list of projects, and what they are worth to us. I have been trading PMs with flayway, and he apparently has a Finnish version of the client in the works, and is also working on a Russian version, and possibly a Vietnamese version. For the last couple, I think he needs help (a possible bribe Wink.  I don't think it's fair that you and ethought always seem to be the ones donating all the MΣC. I was thinking we could elect a "MΣC treasurer", and ask for donations to pay out the bounties, and get these things done. This would also give some new MΣC fans a way to earn some coins. If we can agree on some sort of plan, I would be willing to make a donation.
elambert
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 01:04:02 AM

I'm sure kimoto is working on stuff, however he's not a graphic designer from what I can tell, even though his site is nice

at some point in future I may develop, or happy to donate to kimoto if he would rather use than the .co.nz as a lot shorter and more brandable

next up, it's no good waiting for sites to start accepting megacoins without a way to even accept them for free

I am happy to throw 200 MEC in the pot, if others do too in this thread, hopefully a graphic design member will do the buttons and banners and we can offer them to sites

more variations could be done, better than this I think as nec has a couple of great logos

thanks

Sidebars, banner ads, donate buttons, purchase buttons all sound excellent  Grin

I am happy to donate 15,000 MEC towards this project pending outcome, but I'm sure you guys will be up for the task.

I can continue purchasing ad space with updated ads, some gifs, whatever your forte!

Alienwalkerx, I wanted to chime in on this one. I have to agree with Guido, that 15,000 MΣC is far too generous. I believe Kimoto offered 2500 MΣC bounty for our Megacoin symbol to be updated, and that was when MΣC had almost no value. Anyway, my idea would be to offer a set bounty for these things. We need to come up with a wish list of projects, and what they are worth to us. I have been trading PMs with flayway, and he apparently has a Finnish version of the client in the works, and is also working on a Russian version, and possibly a Vietnamese version. For the last couple, I think he needs help (a possible bribe Wink.  I don't think it's fair that you and ethought always seem to be the ones donating all the MΣC. I was thinking we could elect a "MΣC treasurer", and ask for donations to pay out the bounties, and get these things done. This would also give some new MΣC fans a way to earn some coins. If we can agree on some sort of plan, I would be willing to make a donation.

Just start a foundation and keep a ledger. You have the community support, just need to put it together  Wink
Alienwalkerx

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 01:27:35 AM

thanks

Haha, yeah I wasn't planning on paying out 15,000 for a donate button.

Just throwing it out there that I will contribute to community projects and happy to do so.

15,000 isn't a lot for widgets, logos, buttons, language translations and community banter, I often donate 20,000 weekly just because. If you have seen I don't ask for anything in return, so this outcome is a positive for me.

I was more or less thinking of divvying it up and paying out to contributors, but if you guys want to make it a competition/bounty, I am happy to do it this way.

Guido, alex0909 and amytheplanarshift all added to the list to send some funds to for getting the ball rolling. You can do what you want with the funds or can add them back to this project.

p.s If you guys want to add your MEC address to the bottom of your signature that would be good, some members will find they often receive random donations  Grin
GBattaglia

Activity: 735
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 01:57:35 AM

I'll be selling a PS3 to US residents for MegaCoin if anyone is interested.   Wink

I would like more info on the Gravity Well and how exactly that works and what it entails;
I can't seem to find much information on it sadly.
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 196 »
  Print  

Jump to: