Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:13:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why people sell bitcoins?  (Read 9877 times)
wjchong

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 12:29:03 PM

People sell Bitcoin because they want fiat money for there needs. There are many places where Bitcoin are not accepted you have to pay fiat currency there.

BTC BTC MY SAFE HOUSE :- A home that can protect your wealth and life of your families during disaster. BTC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoinismylife12345

Activity: 231

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:29:46 PM

Worldwide, especially in my place, must sell it for profit rather than always keep it!
The government always forbids the use and play bitcoin so that it can not grow fully potential in my place. Surely it remains an advantage if there is a transaction rotation for bitcoin in my country to live.
As you said, government forbids the use of bitcoin in your location, so maybe they sell it because it is illegal to your country and they scared to be caught. But in other cities like in our area, users sells thier bitcoin because they need to buy things that they needed or they're just securing thier earnings because they afraid that bitcoin value may go down to its lowest in the time that they never expected it to happen.
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:49:00 PM

Worldwide, especially in my place, must sell it for profit rather than always keep it!
The government always forbids the use and play bitcoin so that it can not grow fully potential in my place. Surely it remains an advantage if there is a transaction rotation for bitcoin in my country to live.

hmm, i think there are lot of reasons for people to sells their bitcoin, such as :
1. Emergency situation. Bitcoin is a kind of an investment, and it uses fiat money to earn it. So they might want to get some fiat money if they have this kind of situation,doesnt matter how much they will get, cause it is an emergency.
2. Profit. Like i said, it is an investment for people, so they maybe just want to get some ROI from bitcoin.
3. Panic sell. Well, what can i say, some people just do it.
I guess that is the main reason why people sells their bitcoin. Maybe others have other reasons that i cant think of.
googs84

Activity: 630
Merit: 256

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:10:20 PM

$760 on December 2016 to $10000 on December 2017. Why one will hold bitcoin? He will sell it and book his profit. People sell bitcoins for various reasons. People who have purchased bitcoins at very low price sell some bitcoins to grab huge profit. Some become panic by the thought of falling bitcoins price i.e. to reduce their further losses. Some are in need of money for some urgent work so they sell bitcoins. Trader doing trading activities in bitcoin exchanges sell & buy bitcoins by studying their movements.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Fappanu

Activity: 1111
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:15:30 PM

People sell Bitcoin because they want fiat money for there needs. There are many places where Bitcoin are not accepted you have to pay fiat currency there.

Indeed.  The first reason I have is that I uses bitcoin to finance and sustain my daily needs.  And same with other people.  Bitcoin is the counterpart of fiat money and therefore we sell our bitcoins because we need it for our expenses.  It just came to my mind that I could have more money if I invest in bitcoin.
fipper

Activity: 383

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:25:53 PM

I think somebody sells bitcoin because it has got a good profit from the sale or purchase of bitcoin and also because of the need and see the fantastic price.
JTASSOCIATES

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:48:48 PM

Lot of reason for selling bitcoins what is in my point of view is might the people want to book the profit is preferred one might also planned one. Most of the time people sell bitcoins for the emergency cause only that time might not having option for them that time also people sell bitcoin. During correction people get panic that time they sell bitcoin. Like what I mentioned people knowingly or unknowingly follow all sentiments also people will sell bitcoin.

▂▂▃▃  TRADE CRYPTOCURRENCIES | INDEXES | FUNDS ▃▃▂▂
●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬● BITOTAL.COM ●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●
░▒▓█ DEPOSIT BONUS | 0% TRADE FEES | WIDE COIN OFFER | EXCLUSIVE ICO'S █▓▒░
A Fahriz Thiago

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 05:32:46 PM

Maybe because the government does not support so many people are selling bitcoins, because they are afraid bitcoin will someday be banned in your country.

ujjwalsethi

Activity: 213

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:38:16 PM

People sell bitcoins to earn profit as the price of bitcoin is going higher and higher day by day. It depends on the requirement of an individual that if he or she requires money then they go out and sell and at last it gives a great profit to them.

childish

Activity: 619
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:49:41 PM

because i trading it and i will sell my bitcoin in high price then waiting to low price to buy it make profit for me when sell bitcoin in high price than invest on it and there is no income

Akash1243

Activity: 392
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:59:27 PM

Well when bitcoins reaches a new high price than some people thinks that now bitcoins prices can fall and to earn profits they cash out bitcoins.But i would hold them as bitcoins prices are rising like anything and will cost a lot in future so its better to hold.Or also that some people needs money urgently so they sell bitcoins.And also there is panic sell which usually is done by newbie as whenever there is a drop people gets scared and sell their bitcoins to reduce their losses but they would regret when bitcoins cover up the drop after some time.
Pujangga

Activity: 1078
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 06:53:52 PM

I'm sure people who sell bitcoin a year ago will be sorry for seeing bitcoin prices now, but I'm sure they sell bitcoin because it takes money and never thought that the price would be like this.
Squirrel Dearing

Activity: 766

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 06:58:18 PM

Just imagine that you bought in the last 10,000 bitcoins now it costs $ 10000, you have a total of $ 100 million, it will suffice not only for you but for 10 generations to come will be enough for a luxurious life with no worries. So what's the point to keep it on?

Minter                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█

▄█████▄   ▄▄
▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
████████▄▄   ▐████████████
 ████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████
   ████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
  ▀▀█████████▀▀
posoa

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 07:41:57 PM

How will you invest in Bitcoin and when it appreciates you continue to look at it, especially when you have a pressing need. Most people invest for the purpose of selling so as to reinvest more in bitcoin so as to grow the bitcoin they have. such individual when the prices of bitcoin rises, to an appreciable point, they quickly sell to gain more and also reinvest.Others may sell their Bitcoin so as  to meet a pressing need,or reinvest such sales into another business. If actually the government don't really support Bitcoin, some owner may sell it because of fear. Selling bitcoin is not a crime, it all depend on what your plans are for Bitcoin after you sell the ones  you have.
Saiful Islam777

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 08:12:21 PM

Made entirely of digital means, in reality it has no physical existence. No central bank controls it. The currency system is in progress due to the use of it by individuals or individuals worldwide. Because of the use of cryptography, it is impossible to get Bitcoin access without proper permission. Bitcoin can be fully traded in the account of nickname and because of the transaction of two parties, Bitcoins are sold.
popolite11

Activity: 882

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:05:18 PM

People, even those, who are involved into the world of crypto for a long time, sell Bitcoins as they are scared by the rapid growth of BTC. They suspect it is a trick, and very soon Bitcoin can fall down. Another reason maybe a simple need for fiat money.
MrGaSp

Activity: 418
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:13:49 PM

People, even those, who are involved into the world of crypto for a long time, sell Bitcoins as they are scared by the rapid growth of BTC. They suspect it is a trick, and very soon Bitcoin can fall down. Another reason maybe a simple need for fiat money.

I genuinely believe that selling at the right time is best thing to do instead of holding it too long and you can hold some coins for future but you should also sell a part of it when price is really high and you are making profits from it as you never know where price will go in future so if you don't sell it then you are likely to make loss from it.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:20:57 PM

Bitcoin is kinda new tech - what were you doing before BTC was introduced to the world? I am sure you could exist just fine.
So now you are just selling your coins to raise your standard of living, and not to survive.
I used to be like you - and was selling a portion of my bitcoin every month to gain additional money - but not anymore.
From what I see bitcoin value is rising so much in short period of time, in 3 years we can see something ridiculous like 1 BTC=1kk USD.
I would feel really bad at that time knowing that I sold my coins for 10k USD :/ Friendly advice - if you don't need to sell BTC, hold.
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:22:25 PM

I genuinely believe that selling at the right time is best thing to do instead of holding it too long and you can hold some coins for future but you should also sell a part of it when price is really high and you are making profits from it as you never know where price will go in future so if you don't sell it then you are likely to make loss from it.
Yes a good trader and investor always take a right decision in a right time. I think different people have different reason for selling bitcoin, some people sell bitcoin for fulfilling their needs. Some people sell bitcoin as they want to secure their position, while some people want to obtain some profit from bitcoin therefore they even sell bitcoin after getting a little profit from it.
Tipsters

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:39:34 PM

Every Bitcoin seller has their own reason why they sell their Bitcoin. Maybe they sell it because they need money for emergency purpose. The other reason is that, they are scared. They think that the price of Bitcoin will suddenly decrease and it will never return to that value again.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: