Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:22:08 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why people sell bitcoins?  (Read 9881 times)
bitcoin.podcast

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

Loyalty Programs on Blockchain

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:38:10 PM

People need dollars and therefore they are forced to sell bitcoin. And traders sell bitcoin in order to buy it later at a lower price. Everyone has his own reasons for selling the BTC

andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:38:26 PM

Worldwide, especially in my place, must sell it for profit rather than always keep it!
The government always forbids the use and play bitcoin so that it can not grow fully potential in my place. Surely it remains an advantage if there is a transaction rotation for bitcoin in my country to live.

People will always sell bitcoins for profit, that's the main reasons. There were 2 types of people who do selling bitcoins.
Here below.
Traders- always sell when they feel that its risky to hold bitcoins. Meaning they sell bitcin before it going to go a dive and buy at lower price again. Then repeat again the process.

Investors- always hold until the profit is big enough to claim. They rely on the fundamentals opposite to traders who reply on technicals.

Regarding the bitcoin usage in your country. Your government cannot do much about stopping you in using bitcoin so my advise is to hold your bitcoin if you don't know trading. Long term is good for you.
tmaleha

Activity: 51

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:42:02 PM

It is as simple as it is why we invest in bitcoin to gain from the investment so people want to book their profit from it. If you greed more it is not a safe strategy so who ever invest my advise is to book their profit to be safe side to continue with bitcoin anything can happen in the market.
DySWv

Activity: 164

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 01:44:18 PM

People sell their Bitcoins depending on the situation. The number one reason why they sell it is that they are afraid that the value of Bitcoin may be dumped so hard after reaching the positive peak value of it. The other reason is that they think that the value of it is already enough for them. The last reason I think is that people sell it because of an emergency.

Harrisonimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:47:41 PM

Well, various reasons for selling bitcoins can come in at the moment. The profits made from it at this period is really crazy and like undescribable! I have sold off this week as it got to me; all I saw was the fiat value which I wanted desperately to attend to some expenses at hand. If I had enough I did consider keeping for some while and enjoy the view of it rising  Grin selling bitcoins can also be lucrative business too with its real increase at the moment.
Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:50:58 PM

A lot of people can't handle significant losses.   That's the nature of the market.    That's why the fatter cats keep getting fatter.  

sent from my X6
sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:54:44 PM

Bitcoin is not only an asset but a means of payment like as fiat. So why not someone sell it in order to buy something if there aren't entrepreneurs where he can buy anything he needs?
Nightsik

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:00:46 PM

People sells bitcoin because they want to cash in their investment  profit, I think that it is practical in some sense but not entirely wise. I believe that bitcoin will continue to grow so I am still holding to my investment. I think that history proves that btc has only one way to go and it is upward.

You couldn't say that it is not entirely wise, because the reason why most of the people are selling their bitcoin is that they needed the money. Maybe you don't need the money that is why you could hold it as long as you wanted to. Also people sell their bitcoins to have their profits in the long run that they are holding their bitcoin.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 02:04:25 PM

Well, there may be mulitple reasons as to why someone needs to sell bitcoins. They may be in dire need of money due to bad loans or medical emergencies. They may be stupid to not foresee the future of bitcoin and sell whatever they have. I know a lot of times people did not think that bitcoin was going to take off and then they paid some bitcoin coz they did not have cash at that moment. Hence, it can be anything. It  may even be illegal in your country to transact in bitcoins. In my country the central reserve bank has issued an official warning against investing in bitcoins although this may not even impact people who have invested but eventual legislation may force a lot of people to sell their bitcoins. ;Smiley
wallstone

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:05:50 PM

Worldwide, especially in my place, must sell it for profit rather than always keep it!
The government always forbids the use and play bitcoin so that it can not grow fully potential in my place. Surely it remains an advantage if there is a transaction rotation for bitcoin in my country to live.
One of the reason why some people and bitcoin users sell their bitcoin is to gain income but I think the best way to do is to keep than to sell it. As of now the price of bitcoin was totally become expensive and I think it will continue in the next year so that you muat hold or keep your bitcoin than to sell it.
lendahawkins

Activity: 238

“The Future of Security Tokens”

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:09:04 PM

Of course to earn profit. If we just keep the bitcoin we never know how long it will last. Anyway don't want to take a high risk. and then we never know what our government policy if they want they could to contain us from bitcoin.

King_G_

Activity: 67

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:10:50 PM

In Normal case people who already own some bitcoin sell it because to make profits.
After all many people buy bitcoin for this reason , but sometimes there are cases where the price of Bitcoin suddenly falls down and the owner sells it in that panic to avoid lose.
There may be other reasons who why people sell bitcoin but I think these are some important ones.
nightxglow

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:24:30 PM

For me, my reason is kinda similliar with yours.
Why i sell my bitcoin? First because my country banned bitcoin usage.
I can't use bitcoin to transact, so of course i can't spend or use my bitcoin.
So i need to sell it first and change it into my real money.
Also though the government don't banned bitcoin, there aren't any place for me to use my bitcoin though. So it's not really useful to hold my bitcoin, except the fact that i want to gain profit from holding. I prefer sell it if the price is high already and change it into real money so i can use it.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Hasvak K

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:29:00 PM

Markets are not full of people trying to maximize their risk adjusted profits. Some people like to gamble some people need to sell because they need cash etc. there are lots of reasons to sell bitcoins. And selling a small amount relative to your portfolio every time btc aths os not a bad strategy.
geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:31:26 PM

people try earn bitcoin to make a better financial in life.
so if people sell bitcoin, i think they sell in any reason. some need money, for trading (to get profit by multiple their coin), for having fun, or maybe gambling. but most is for meet fulfill their need
I think most of them feel the price of bitcoin has risen very high and they have felt satisfied about their profitability, they do not want to continue to hold it, they want to convert it into cash for use in life reality. In addition, the next reason I think is that they are in an economic crisis, they are desperate and need money, the only thing they can do in this situation is they are forced to sell bitcoin their, and the last reason, maybe they do not have much faith in Bitcoin, when the price of bitcoin drops sharply, they often panic and sell their bitcoin right away.

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:34:05 PM

Of course to earn profit. If we just keep the bitcoin we never know how long it will last. Anyway don't want to take a high risk. and then we never know what our government policy if they want they could to contain us from bitcoin.

Definitely.  Majority of us who are here because we wanted to have an earning.  I was able to have an additional income because of bitcoin.  And everytime that I need the money or I reached certain amount where I have to buy things for my family, I will sell all my bitcoins to have money.  So yes, basically we sell our bitcoins because we needs it.
kriticko29

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:38:43 PM

We have to ! Because when everyone hold unto their bitcoin no more coin will circulate in the market for others to buy then that might cause the drop in its price.
DMC_Ken

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:38:49 PM

for me they sell bitcoins because of it's price, but sometime's they sell bitcoins because they need it for their financial, because only bitcoin can help them fast for their needed.
daringdiscovered

Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:54:22 PM

We have to ! Because when everyone hold unto their bitcoin no more coin will circulate in the market for others to buy then that might cause the drop in its price.

Exactly, that is the reason why we are working so hard to earn bitcoin so that we could have something to sell, and the money that we are going to get after we sold some of our bitcoin is the one that we are going to use on our daily expenses such us buying new clothes(if needed), groceries, and paying other bills in our houses, we have our own reasons to be honest.
daringdiscovered

Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:55:58 PM

Exactly, that is the reason why we are working so hard to earn bitcoin so that we could have something to sell, and the money that we are going to get after we sold some of our bitcoin is the one that we are going to use on our daily expenses such us buying new clothes(if needed), groceries, and paying other bills in our houses, we have our own reasons to be honest.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: