Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:20:49 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin does not have limited supply  (Read 3246 times)
Escf4

Activity: 364
Merit: 3

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 11:34:05 AM

I do not think that bitcoin has a limited supply, but it has an adequate supply for the investors to buy and invest, just like other altcoins especially the stable coins ,they have an adequate supply of coins to be invested in the market.

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
www.gigzi.com
doanlang

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 11:58:58 AM

Once all 21 million Bitcoins have been exploited, supplies can not increase, regardless of the increasing demand. The result of this difference between supply and demand will make Bitcoin valuable.
code

Activity: 536
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 01:29:35 PM

The fact that thousands of copies of bitcoin are created does not reduce the price of this bitcoin:) I think it's clear to everyone, or eventually it will be clear:)
AlexAtom

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

YOUC - www.youengine.io

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 03:17:41 PM

The argument is again and again that the value of Bitcoin will increase because supply is limited to 21 million. But this is quite simply wrong. Every time Bitcoin is forked that is in real terms an expansion of the Bitcoin currency beyond 21 million. To some degree the same is true of alternative crypto currencies which will flood the market. There is already more than 1000 cryptocurrencues ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cryptocurrencies )

Fork coin is a fork coin, not bitcoin even if it forked from bitcoin. And bitcoin is still have 21 million limited supply.
look ETH, it doesnt have limited supply because in coinmarketcap i dont see any max amount of it. If bitcoin doesn't have max supply, i think bitcoin price could not be expensive in the market.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Variogam

Activity: 276
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 03:26:03 PM

You can create unlimited Bitcoin forks, but these wont take much from Bitcoin dominance percentage over all crypto coins. Thats why Bitcoin is such safe bet among crypto coins, even though dozens Bitcoin forks happened in last year.
TechnoX_X

Activity: 306
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 03:41:30 PM

All I know is that Bitcoin has a supply of 21 million and no more. Bitcoin continues to spin like a life cycle. There are some people who win it and deviate bitcoin for its sake and there are also people who buy bitocin for trading. And I think that bitcoin is a bit more than the total supply said.
thevlox

Activity: 179
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 05:55:40 PM

Last supply is 21 million coins. Very cheap supply coin bitcoin is a huge currency. This bitcoin at the world is very popular. Do not understand why bitcoin why so much less coin supply. Limited popularity like other popular currency.
virtfund

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 06:26:14 PM

We all know that gold has a limited supply. But it is not only about supply.
Someone who considers to invest for gold may think that its price too high to buy and look for other metals like silver or platinum. Like investing other metals rather than gold, we can say that adding other metals into the market as a investment tool makes an imaginary effect (even though supply for gold is very limited).
Alternatives can change market rules and makes an effect as if supply is increased.
Yantoaja

Activity: 322
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 06:37:11 PM

The argument is again and again that the value of Bitcoin will increase because supply is limited to 21 million. But this is quite simply wrong. Every time Bitcoin is forked that is in real terms an expansion of the Bitcoin currency beyond 21 million. To some degree the same is true of alternative crypto currencies which will flood the market. There is already more than 1000 cryptocurrencues ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cryptocurrencies )

as far as I know, btc has a supply limit of 21 billion, but we don't know yet whether it will continue to increase due to the fact that until now it still can be mined freely and reliably.
Dragongin

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:59:14 AM

Supply of btc is adequate until it dominate the world market. The popularity and the craze of btc will definitely be the cause of limited supply.
CoinMaster69

Activity: 36

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 11:06:48 AM

i think it's a completely other thing you talk about, you create a different chain, so that's not effective BTC anymore....
RokokGudangGaram

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 11:10:12 AM

bitcoin has a supply of 21 million coins that cannot be added and subtracted. with bitcoin suplly, the less supply it can make bitcoin prices are expensive and continue to rise

xfaqs01

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 11:19:38 AM

those shit forks are not bitcoin they are altcoins! you see you can copy the code but not the network of it, not the hashpower of it, you cannot copy the brand and you cannot copy the reputation that the bitcoin has earned overtime, though i believe that being not scarce is not wrong, dollar is not scarce, gold too is not scarce.. but bitcoin will always be a scarce.

Want to learn TA? head on to
https://www.facebook.com/BTCSignals
Airbuxf

Activity: 257
Merit: 32

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 11:23:12 AM

Forking never means increasing supply of the forked coin. It only means creating a new coin with a lot of similarities but the original always stays untouched. And history shows that original coins remain more populair than their forks.
ngano ba

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 11:29:57 AM

As a leader in coin and other altcoins in the market and any trading sites ,I believe that bitcoin has enough supply of coins in the market, so the customers and investors can sitll invest if they like to invest in this kind of coin in the market, so it is not true that bitcoin has a limited supply of coin in the coin market.

crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 11:55:00 AM

it only breaks the focus of enthusiastic bitcoin users. besides that, the bitcoin branch is only for making profit for a moment. I believe Bitcoin remains 21 million. and others only trace the success of bitcoin. by just modifying the characteristics of bitcoin. they developers hope to compete with bitcoin. but it's a big mistake. bitcoin remains number 1.
bit_corel

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 12:55:55 PM

Th forking (or absence of it) does not effect Bitcoin's supply. At best, you can consider it as a "gift" to all bitcoin holders, which will increase the overall worth. It in no way impacts the overall supply of 21 Mn, which is set in stone.

That is precisely my point. I create "Bitcoin2" by forking. Then I create "Bitcoin3" and so on and so on. In reality what I am doing is issuing more Bitcoin. That I call it a different name does not change the reality.

You're just creating another cryptocurrency, like eth, ltc, etc. That has no impact on original Bitcoin's supply.
iTradeBit

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 01:09:17 PM

Thanks. Wink
chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 01:50:14 PM

Th forking (or absence of it) does not effect Bitcoin's supply. At best, you can consider it as a "gift" to all bitcoin holders, which will increase the overall worth. It in no way impacts the overall supply of 21 Mn, which is set in stone.

That is precisely my point. I create "Bitcoin2" by forking. Then I create "Bitcoin3" and so on and so on. In reality what I am doing is issuing more Bitcoin. That I call it a different name does not change the reality.

Even there will be a thousand bitcoin fork it even doesn't affect the 21M supply, as obviously the fork coin have different supply and besides those fork coins is already consider an altcoin.

Well I think the argument is more clear, stop dreaming that those fork coins can replace bitcoin on its position, even they claim that they're more faster and low trnx fee, and that's BS.

SUBSCRIBE NOW
Camilla Gill

Activity: 22

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 02:30:29 PM

Bitcoin forks are indeed strange, but a fork doesn't increase the supply of bitcoin any more than simply creating a new coin or ICO creates more bitcoin supply.
It's a new coin, that just happens to share the same blockchain up to the point of the fork, so you inherit all the transactions that happened previous to the fork (but not after).
It's very weird, and hard to grasp why it works. The actual creation of the new coin is not a hard thing to understand. That's just mechanics.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: