Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 11:08:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Userbase cleanup  (Read 2584 times)
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:49:55 PM

You seem to have some kind of cleaning fetish. I've got some dishes that need doing if you're interested.

I'd say it's because this forum may harbor a user-base with higher-than-average amount of aspie traits.
.. or am I exaggerating?

Yeah, that was my impression too, really.
gourmet (OP)

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 06:04:17 AM

If you bothered reading my post just 5 posts above yours, on the same first page of the thread as your one, you could have found answers to both of your questions there:

So you want to delete accounts with 0 post and no further login since registration.
I guess you don't want to delete such an account if it was created 3 days ago though, so where would you draw the line?
I don't have all inactive users on my mind, but just those with really no activity ever. That may be e.g. those accounts whose last activity occured in 15 minutes from the moment of registration and never later, and at least one year (half a year?) old. There are several of them on each and every page of the list. :-)
I.e., no three days old accounts.

Your second question, it had been answered in the same post:

Also, why does it even matter?
Searching the list could be a bit more comfortable, and several interesting (?) usernames could be made available I believe, although most of them looks like garbage.
Also the displayed number of members would reflect reality better.
Aha, this might be the point, maybe there's no demand for such a change? ;-)

I'm afraid that you really have some difficulties with reading text...
Or are you an expert in finding invalid counter-examples?
Have you answered to yourself my last question?
WaverleyStreet

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:02:07 AM

I've noticed there are quite a lot of old members with no activity since registration in the list. Not only have they no posts, but haven't even logged in since their registration in 2011... :-) I think these "one-time" users' accounts should be removed.
Among other, some nice usernames might be made available this way... :-)
(No, I'm not interested in any of them. Smiley )
[edit] Most of them are not interesting at all, I'm afraid. The main purpose of the proposed action is to clean up the list and reduce its size.

===>

I've noticed there are quite a lot of old BTCitcoins with no activity since confirmation in the block. Not only have they no nodes, but haven't even logged in since their confirmation in 2011... :-) I think these "one-time" users' addresses should be removed.
Among other, some nice usernames might be made available this way...(satoshi) :-)
[edit] Most of them are not human beings at all, I'm afraid. The main purpose of the proposed action is to clean up the blockchain and reuse: its wize.

>>SOUND FAMILIAR???WTFF!!!
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:04:00 AM

Looks like I'm not the only one who have difficulties with reading text...

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 09:00:05 AM

Whatever you think or write, this kind of accounts makes your proposal invalid to me.

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
gourmet (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 07:25:50 AM
Last edit: July 03, 2013, 07:48:13 AM by gourmet

Whatever you think or write, this kind of accounts makes your proposal invalid to me.

Your link points to someone's posts.

My proposal has nothing to do with accounts with posts. It applies to accounts with no posts ever. (Already repeated several times in this thread.)

So your post is totally stupid, as your argument is beside the question.
gourmet (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 07:41:47 AM

I've noticed there are quite a lot of old members with no activity since registration in the list. Not only have they no posts, but haven't even logged in since their registration in 2011... :-) I think these "one-time" users' accounts should be removed.
Among other, some nice usernames might be made available this way... :-)
[edit] Most of them are not interesting at all, I'm afraid. The main purpose of the proposed action is to clean up the list and reduce its size.

===>

I've noticed there are quite a lot of old BTCitcoins with no activity since confirmation in the block. Not only have they no nodes, but haven't even logged in since their confirmation in 2011... :-) I think these "one-time" users' addresses should be removed.
Among other, some nice usernames might be made available this way...(satoshi) :-)
[edit] Most of them are not human beings at all, I'm afraid. The main purpose of the proposed action is to clean up the blockchain and reuse: its wize.

>>SOUND FAMILIAR???WTFF!!!

No, doesn't sound any familiar. (And why are you SHOUTING? And bolding your whole post? Multiple question marks, multiple exclamation marks... Looks like you have some serious problem.)
Replacing the word member with a different one in my post makes no sense. It's no argument, it's just a complete nonsense.
(Or do you think that membership in the Bitcoin forum has anything to do with anyone's bitcoins?) :-))))
gourmet (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 07:45:09 AM

Looks like I'm not the only one who have difficulties with reading text...

Yes. Looks like you're two already, who really have difficulties with reading text...

Looking for support from a 1-week junior member? Smiley
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 08:00:04 AM

You must be young not to be able to step back and understand what I mean.
Also you so mad you triple-post. Please continue, that's kinda entertaining. Smiley

gourmet (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 11:07:04 AM

Fortunately, in fact, you know nothing about my age. Smiley
Well I may not understand what you mean. (Maybe try to write down what you mean then.)
Because I can uderstand quite well what you've written. And none of your posts makes an argument against my proposal. They're all beside the question.
Conclusion: As it is you who have been writing nonsens, it's also you who should step back.

Also you so mad you triple-post.

I've replied to each member separately. Yes, could put it in one post with several quotations. But this way it's more easy to follow each thread.

Please continue, that's kinda entertaining. Smiley

I've been taking it seriously. Will no more reply to your posts in this thread. Won't waste energy on your entertainment.
Maybe this is what you wanted. I don't care.
And: Remaining dumb is only your problem.
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:19:07 PM

Fortunately, in fact, you know nothing about what I meant by 'young'. Smiley

Looking at this:

Well I may not understand what you mean. (Maybe try to write down what you mean then.)
Because I can uderstand quite well what you've written. And none of your posts makes an argument against my proposal. They're all beside the question.
Conclusion: As it is you who have been writing nonsens, it's also you who should step back.
I'm afraid that you really have some difficulties with writing text...

Also:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=7214
Registered on March 2011
First post today

gourmet (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 07:43:30 PM

Looking at this:

Not me:
Yes. Because each of your posts is beside the question, they are nonsense when put as arguments in the discussion.

Also:
Registered on March 2011
First post today

Have you read the post? It writes please delete this account.
That really supports your opinion not to delete such accounts...
:-)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

[edit] Sorry to break my rule not to reply to you any more.
[edit2] I'm afraid it's really pointless to reply to a 10-per-day poster. I should have noticed earlier it's a troll.
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 07:47:52 PM

Looking at this:

Not me:
Yes. Because each of your posts is beside the question, they are nonsense when put as arguments in the discussion.

Also:
Registered on March 2011
First post today

Have you read the post? It writes please delete this account.
That really supports your opinion not to delete such accounts...
:-)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

[edit] Sorry to break my rule not to reply to you any more.

I knew you wouldn't be able to resist

greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 08:46:25 PM

I knew you wouldn't be able to resist

Personally I think it's a sockpuppet of him.
whiskers75

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

Doesn't use these forums that often.

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 09:04:13 AM

* whiskers75 asks what on earth is going on in here?

There's a troll, which generated activity, supposed sockpuppets, exaggerated emoji: ":-)))))[snip]" (??), somebody bolding their whole post, SHOUTING and again, too many repeat characters: "!!!!!!!!" and "HuhHuh", the list goes on..

On topic:
Email the users' email, notifying them of deletion.
If they respond "no", or don't respond, delete them.
Only delete, as mentioned before, year-old users with no activity since registration.

Elastic.pw Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 10:01:33 AM

[edit2] I'm afraid it's really pointless to reply to a 10-per-day poster. I should have noticed earlier it's a troll.
Translation:
10 posts per day = troll
You're definitely a butthurt young guy

I only trolled your thread because you had a shitty idea and couldn't listen any argument against it.
Now point me to another thread I trolled (except altcoins thread which are troll thread per se). Hard to find, right?

Also
Only delete, as mentioned before, year-old users with no activity since registration.
This is actually something worth discussing about

gourmet (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 12:14:17 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2013, 03:27:40 PM by gourmet

Translation:
10 posts per day = troll

The latter is your "translation". I've never written exactly that. [edit]So, please, be so kind and don't put it as a quote from me. Thank you.[/edit]
And I don't think it's equal to the former.
You're a ten-per-day poster. And you're a troll. (At least here, you are.)
I can see no conclusion that a ten-per-day poster is a troll there, though.

I only trolled your thread because you had a shitty idea and couldn't listen any argument against it.

You had no argument against my idea. None of your posts referred to my idea. All of them referred to something that might resemble my idea just in your fantasy, but non really refered to my proposal.
My proposal contained several conditions, that had to be met together. Each of your arguments had left out at least one of them. I had to repeat them to you again and again, to show that your arguments had been invalid.

Also
This is actually something worth discussing about
(Emphasis mine.)

Yes, that's the core of my original idea you've been fighting against so hard.
So my shitty idea is worth discussing about... :-)
And yes, it's a good idea to send them an e-mail first. (Unfortunately, not yours.)
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 12:18:16 PM

Translation:
10 posts per day = troll

The latter is your "translation". I've never written exactly that.
And I don't think it's equal to the former.
You're a ten-per-day poster. And you're a troll. (At least here, you are.)
I can see no conclusion that a ten-per-day poster is a troll there, though.

If ten-per-day isn't equal to begin a troll, then why do you even say that it's " pointless to reply to a 10-per-day poster. "?

You had no argument against my idea.

I didn't write that I had an argument against it. I wrote any argument, from me or not.

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 07:20:34 AM

Look at the new posts: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=248713.msg2651391#new
Grin

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 09:57:23 AM

It would be SO funny if the last post was actually written by someone else who logged in using that account.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: