Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:31:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Am I the only one this unlucky during my entry into investments and crypto?  (Read 1448 times)
unluckylord (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:36:10 AM

I would like to hear some unlucky stories of people to give myself hope and not just disappointment. Any stories where you got in and lost money and later came back up?

So after a bit of research and all, i start with 1 eth and around that time, the price was 329. I joined binance, i am a noob so i put in just 0.3 eth for learning. I sold 0.1 eth at 331 when that was the highest price for the day, i felt good and bought back a bit cheaper. I did it again, but the price this time kept going up. So I couldnt sell, i had 0.10 more, so i sold it at 334.5 when the highest price that day was like 35.6. I had kept 0.05 eth just for saving, and bought bnb for 0.05 eth. So I needed to buy back 0.2 eth but the price hit 350 that day  and then kept going on. Losing opportunities when price was getting higher felt shitty, but i saw bch fell down to 1155, so i bought it. As soon as I got it, it fell down till 130 or lower lol. I didnt want to sell at lower than what i got it at, so i waited till it got back to 1155, and sold at 1156. The moment I sold, the price spiked and went up to 1180 and quickly to 1999, i remember seeing it at 1300 so i bought it quickly thinking i will still have profit. But when i got done buying at 1199, it went down to 1170 and stayed that way  for the whole day. Earlier today, I managed  to sell it when bch hit 1250, and then i bought back almost the same amount at 1230.  I had a small gain but I was happy and learning. But then, tether had to fuck up shit and everything went down. I panicked. In the end, i ended up converting the bch to eth at a loss, from 0.2 eth worth to 0.18 eth, then sold eth as well thinking it will go down more, would be better to buy at lower. But no in few hours the price slowly started getting back, and I fucked up. I had to buy back at more than what I sold at. I also had invested 0.7 eth into tokens, there was QSP, the price at which it was bought was like 0.00020 eth, and sold it at 0.00021 before it got even lower. I had invested 0.2eth into this to see and just when it came to market, it fucked shit up, i sold the eth from it too. I also had bought cindicator tokens for 0.2 eth, i sold those too, thinking the price is going dowwn I will buy back later, i sold it for 0.18 eth. Basically this shit completely tilted me, and while I learned a lot from this experience, makes me want to just feel so fucking unlucky. Do I still have hope?>

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Proxik

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:40:30 AM

Lol stop doing daytrades.

Buy and hold for weeks or months or even years and you ll see more profit.
kaeluxdeuz

Activity: 784
Merit: 510

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:42:47 AM

Totally agree! Personally, I'm not all for short term investments, I prefer the longer investments, they are more profitable imo.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
prlelbnwh

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:45:01 AM

It's a lot of people, including the mistakes that many investing veterans make, and can not say that it's a mistake. Should it sell off an altcoin, will it continue to fall? You know, last year, many of the BITTREX exchanges were bears in the bear market, even at half the price of the ICO. It was frightening that individual altcoin was even lower than one tenth the price of the ICO.
I can not laugh because I often make such mistakes.

ridertiger

Activity: 490
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:46:07 AM

Yeah, this is not forex. Instead of buying when it is past 1 dollar of your price, wait and you will see that it will increase more. 10 or 20 percent profit is a good level to sell in crypto, but of course it depends on the coin you are trading.
One rule: never bet against bitcoin.
Rudementry

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:47:58 AM

I have 3 tips for you.
1. Do not sell the etherium until it grows to 400, 500 dollars. Sell ​​with a profit of 10 dollars - this is beneficial only for large volumes.
2. Coins that are not so popular, sell at a fall of 20%. Or do not sell at all. Leave them to grow up.
3. Be patient. I bought coins about half a year. I wait when they grow. Patience is important.
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:13:50 AM

Hello,
You are not the only one who did this mistake. I just did this mistake yesterday...
I have to wait for the next pump which may be able to buy it. I have reacted too much with my emotion.
I think, we should be more careful about new coins or coins we are not used to trade. An analyze of the coin is needed before buying it.
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:30:37 AM

I would like to hear some unlucky stories of people to give myself hope and not just disappointment. Any stories where you got in and lost money and later came back up?

So after a bit of research and all, i start with 1 eth and around that time, the price was 329. I joined binance, i am a noob so i put in just 0.3 eth for learning. I sold 0.1 eth at 331 when that was the highest price for the day, i felt good and bought back a bit cheaper. I did it again, but the price this time kept going up. So I couldnt sell, i had 0.10 more, so i sold it at 334.5 when the highest price that day was like 35.6. I had kept 0.05 eth just for saving, and bought bnb for 0.05 eth. So I needed to buy back 0.2 eth but the price hit 350 that day  and then kept going on. Losing opportunities when price was getting higher felt shitty, but i saw bch fell down to 1155, so i bought it. As soon as I got it, it fell down till 130 or lower lol. I didnt want to sell at lower than what i got it at, so i waited till it got back to 1155, and sold at 1156. The moment I sold, the price spiked and went up to 1180 and quickly to 1999, i remember seeing it at 1300 so i bought it quickly thinking i will still have profit. But when i got done buying at 1199, it went down to 1170 and stayed that way  for the whole day. Earlier today, I managed  to sell it when bch hit 1250, and then i bought back almost the same amount at 1230.  I had a small gain but I was happy and learning. But then, tether had to fuck up shit and everything went down. I panicked. In the end, i ended up converting the bch to eth at a loss, from 0.2 eth worth to 0.18 eth, then sold eth as well thinking it will go down more, would be better to buy at lower. But no in few hours the price slowly started getting back, and I fucked up. I had to buy back at more than what I sold at. I also had invested 0.7 eth into tokens, there was QSP, the price at which it was bought was like 0.00020 eth, and sold it at 0.00021 before it got even lower. I had invested 0.2eth into this to see and just when it came to market, it fucked shit up, i sold the eth from it too. I also had bought cindicator tokens for 0.2 eth, i sold those too, thinking the price is going dowwn I will buy back later, i sold it for 0.18 eth. Basically this shit completely tilted me, and while I learned a lot from this experience, makes me want to just feel so fucking unlucky. Do I still have hope?>
I have done the same mistake when I was a newbie albeit on a different coin so you still have hope. You are not fucking unlucky, you just picked up the wrong coin to trade. Always remember to not sell at a loss but not sell on prices that will give you minimal gains. Try to hodl it for more than a day, daytrading is not viable if market is not that volatile in the first place and it carries a lot of risk. Reading a lot about crypto will help you. I am sure that after some months, you'll be gaining a hefty sum of profit if you just hodl coins with potential.
CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1042

HODL

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 11:04:19 AM

Long term investment (HOLD strategy) has much higher ROI. It's pretty hard to buy and not track something every single day, but you should be consistent in your decision Wink

ArrogantPeacock

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 01:34:04 PM

you're trying to trade and that is usual when you do so. One thing that you have to understand is that you can't predict the market, even if you follow technical indicators you will never be able to predict for sure whether the price will go up or down, it's not possible, because many external factors which can't be influenced by technical indicators are actually moving the prices (regulatory changes etc.) trading has these kind of troubles, that you sell/buy and end up making a loss, so you keep on thinking about what happened and try to justify certain actions, in other words you are getting stressed. That's the life of a trader. If you want to make some profit become a hodler. Which means that you will not sell, only keep on buying and start building stacks, and promise to yourself that you won't sell for the next e.g. five  years.
unluckylord (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:38:36 PM

Thanks everyone, I have taken all your advices and feel hope and better about this. I will become a hodler once I buy back. Hodling life suits me. And especially on low amounts, day trading gets me no where really. I was just doing for experience but it seems like I have got enough now lol.
minldem

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:01:58 PM

I actually have had bad experiences too while I tried to invest on btc or altcoins. Few months ago, I started to search for cryptocurrencies and decided to invest on bitcoin but I did want to earn on daily basis so, I watched the trends and it went down at that time Smiley, and I sold it. After that, I tried to get some eth, this time I waited few weeks but nothing changes, and while it was declining, I sold it. Lastly, I bought some ltc and the same thing happened Smiley. The lesson I learned, don't be hurry. There is no guarantee but as mentioned above, I think also that taking your time would be better if you want to earn. But always evaluate the advices, then decide what you want to do.
Maren

Activity: 304
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:15:33 PM

Market movers are tight with their information and you an't compete so any short term strategy can't work, the game is rigged. On a long term basis you can deduct what the market movers want and you stick with the plan.

Buy low and sell high, everybody says.. but when is it low.. when it is high? When you go into a trade make 2 exit points, one if things go well and the other if they go south. Update them with new price movements.

Be disciplined about it and you'll avoid most disasters.

ChinkyEyes

Activity: 687
Merit: 301

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:19:55 PM

Totally agree! Personally, I'm not all for short term investments, I prefer the longer investments, they are more profitable imo.

I agree as well. Start off with long term, then when you have studied/followed a coin that has your interest long enough, you can think about short term or day trading.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:31:10 PM

We have all been there especially when just starting many mistakes are made and you get smarter with each one, learning to hold and not panic is something that comes with time.
coiner495

Activity: 72

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 08:57:25 PM

Buying some books and getting into the basics would save you money.
However even if you get some knowledge + experience and won't be doing trivial mistakes, it's still not easy to multiply your BTC (by >1 of cource:). I mean it's relatively easy to make some profit in USD on growing market, but making profit in BTC is takes A LOT of skill and sometimes luck.

Dr. Alexander Elder says in his book, that a very good result for the first year of trading is not to give up and not to loose more than 10%. For second year it's good if you get the same you started with. And only third year of daytrading you can hope to make some profit.

So Hodl your coins and it'll save lots of time, nerves and cash. And rather likely than not you'll get some profit.

And a little bonus to support you. Here is the poll about cryptotrading.
https://goo.gl/forms/3XVfqoendEXSVl7E2

You'll find out the results when you complete it.

I did one in one russian telegram channel and got over 150 responses from traders. 65% didn't make any profit. And 70% out of the successful part are trading less than 3 months. So this might be just a luck. Let's find out how things look here on bitcointalk!

deepcryptomine

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:22:10 PM

Wow you did more trades in a day or couple of days and then I do in the entire month. I think not only in crypto but in stock/futures markets as well patience is the key. The fist thing you need to do is research (at least on what you are buying and why and how long are you planning to keep it). However there are plenty of people who rely on technical analysis alone and have done well. Also second thing you need is an exit plan if the trade doesn't go the way you want it to go (whether you are going to hold it, average it down or cut your losses). I am not a day trader and I can only give you hoddler strategy.
woas4

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:35:31 PM

This story is not about you being unlucky, its about you trying to daytrade aggressively (and impatiently) without any experience and expecting to get rich fast and easy. This is not how crypto or any other market works.

Fahim

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:42:23 PM

With such rather small ethereum amounts I consider would be much better to participate in bounty campaigns. In 1-1.5 monthes you will collect nice crypto portfolio and then will test your luck on it Smiley
kitanodebunmi

Activity: 169

NEM Wallet: NA4P5WURI6CYWZ3KRYZ6BZ2WBYWGFJDWY6BZ5Y

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 09:47:44 PM

The secret is to HOLD....kill fear completely and HOLD!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: