Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:53:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] 🎮 Bountie- Do You Have Game? 🎮 [PRE-ICO STARTS APRIL 29TH]🎮  (Read 6968 times)
tania30

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:50:51 AM

In the picture on what comes next? youtube, pokerstars and etc. Are you going to cooperate with them? Or you planning to do that after ICO and all of that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bountielex

Activity: 67

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 01:57:39 AM

In the picture on what comes next? youtube, pokerstars and etc. Are you going to cooperate with them? Or you planning to do that after ICO and all of that.

Hello tania30, thank you for your question. Let me clarify what the section means:

For "What Comes Next?" what we are saying is we were working in stealth mode for the past 6 months, refining on our idea and product, talking to gamers, investors and our peers to improve Bountie. Now we are out in the public with our mockups, our idea and what we plan to achieve over the short term. We have many partnerships coming up with other gaming giants of the industry and we'll be announcing them in step by step. Do stay tuned to our social media and announcement thread.

As for the Pokerstars + Facebook + Youtube + Games = Bountie, what this means is Bountie in the simple layman term is a idea combining the how Pokerstars works, how Facebook has profiles for individuals, how youtube is a platform for content generators to public their videos and gaming industry in particular. Smiley

Hope this clarifies what that section means. Feel free to ask more questions.

Bountie - Do You Have Game? ▐    PRE-ICO  29th April 2018
Jherek

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 09:53:22 PM

The vlog button in the ICO isn't working but apparently all the other buttons are. I think perhaps aTriz forgot to add a hyperlink into that specific button or something. Anyways, please fix it asap since i think it'll be really interesting.

The presale's starting soon so anyone who's interested better register their interest Tongue

And i like the fact that there's always a guy here that is actively answering questions, a rarity these days.
aTriz (OP)

Activity: 1218
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:09:46 AM

The vlog button in the ICO isn't working but apparently all the other buttons are. I think perhaps aTriz forgot to add a hyperlink into that specific button or something. Anyways, please fix it asap since i think it'll be really interesting.
Just some messed up code Smiley Fixed now!

If you got any more questions, be sure to ask them!

bountielex

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 02:22:15 AM

The presale's starting soon so anyone who's interested better register their interest Tongue

And i like the fact that there's always a guy here that is actively answering questions, a rarity these days.

Thank you Jherek! Yes pre-sale is on the 11th of December. Do put that on your calendar and get the presale bonus!

Hexcolyte

Activity: 490
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:35:04 PM

Hi there, first of all I can see some effort has been done for the design of website and whitepaper, great job there!

At Section 1.1, a small typo can be spotted: "PlayerUnknown’s Battledgrounds", should be "PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds"
Section 4.2, "2018 December ICO", I suppose it is 2017 December or 2018 January.

From the information I have gathered from the website, there is no details information regarding the team, or the company backing Bountie. All I know is that the team is based in Singapore. But I can still find Linkedin profiles of the team's members from simple search on the internet, perhaps you can put the Linkedin profiles on the website as well.

I would like to know the technical details of the project instead of the fancy whitepaper. As far as I know, most of the features provided by Bountie platform are centralised, for example most of the revenue streams, matchmaking, tournament, quest rewards system, platform's search function and player's profile. Since many are still controlled by Bountie Pte Ltd, will the company open all of the sources?

I think what Bountie platform provides is more like an all-in-one platform for gamers to show themself. But it might simply become another place where gamers are hard to get exposure, just like most of the current existing platforms. Do you think 80% of Bountie users are able get a reasonable stable revenue from Bountie (provided they are playing/streaming seriously)? Is there any feature that makes Bountie platform different from the others (excluding the currency)? I know Bountie aims to decentralised the revenue sharing method, but it is still easy to create a website, allowing registering of users, embed Youtube/Twitch streams, fetching match's data, organize tournament and enable PayPal transaction.
bountielex

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 05:00:01 PM

Hi there, first of all I can see some effort has been done for the design of website and whitepaper, great job there!

At Section 1.1, a small typo can be spotted: "PlayerUnknown’s Battledgrounds", should be "PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds"
Section 4.2, "2018 December ICO", I suppose it is 2017 December or 2018 January.

From the information I have gathered from the website, there is no details information regarding the team, or the company backing Bountie. All I know is that the team is based in Singapore. But I can still find Linkedin profiles of the team's members from simple search on the internet, perhaps you can put the Linkedin profiles on the website as well.

I would like to know the technical details of the project instead of the fancy whitepaper. As far as I know, most of the features provided by Bountie platform are centralised, for example most of the revenue streams, matchmaking, tournament, quest rewards system, platform's search function and player's profile. Since many are still controlled by Bountie Pte Ltd, will the company open all of the sources?

I think what Bountie platform provides is more like an all-in-one platform for gamers to show themself. But it might simply become another place where gamers are hard to get exposure, just like most of the current existing platforms. Do you think 80% of Bountie users are able get a reasonable stable revenue from Bountie (provided they are playing/streaming seriously)? Is there any feature that makes Bountie platform different from the others (excluding the currency)? I know Bountie aims to decentralised the revenue sharing method, but it is still easy to create a website, allowing registering of users, embed Youtube/Twitch streams, fetching match's data, organize tournament and enable PayPal transaction.

Hello Hexcolyte, really appreciate you taking the time to look through our whitepaper and website in such detail.

We are currently in the works to upload our version 1.4 of our whitepaper with some of the details you mentioned and edit the typos that you have pointed out. We are also adding our youtube channel where you can see interviews & vlog coming up. Linkedin profiles will also be added to both whitepaper and website.

We are also having a vlog session with Darren our CTO to touch more on the technical details of our project. A technical whitepaper is also in the works. We'll update it into the site and the other channels when it's ready!

Just to clarify by "most of the features provided by Bountie platform are centralised" do you mean that we lack API to allow other platforms or users to tap into our network, features & functionalities? If yes, here's our take on this:
Most of the larger platforms out there have a certain level of API available for other platforms to tap on, Bountie have plan to do that as well. However as a startup, we have limited time and resources to execute everything on our "wishlist", which is why we our first step is to finalize and create a platform that gamers will love using. Only after that would we be able to let others tap into our platform.

That's a tough challenge that we trying to solve, how do we structure our platform mechanize so that the majority of the gamers are able to make a living while playing games that they love. Based on our existing model, we would have multiple source of revenue streams(3 types tournaments, seasonal leaderboards, content producers, Bountie gaming team, daily quests, referral program, etc) that gamers can employ to allow more of them to make money from gaming. By increase the pie overall, more gamers would be naturally rewarded. We also listen closely to our gaming community to understand further what's their frustration and how we can improve the gaming as a whole. That's the whole purpose of our existence. Not to be a tech giant that is just looking to improve shareholder value.

You seem like someone who's very knowledgeable and cares deeply about gaming. We would love to hear from you on and off as we launch more updates in near future. Do keep in touch with me via email(lex@bountie.io) or join our telegram group chat.

Departure

Activity: 1204
Merit: 288

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:26:24 PM

Hi everyone.

ANN Russian translation:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2461311

Welcome
bountielex

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 12:52:41 AM

Hi everyone.

ANN Russian translation:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2461311

Welcome

Hello Departure! Thank you for your help on the translation. Smiley

Hexcolyte

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 01:54:33 AM

Hello Hexcolyte, really appreciate you taking the time to look through our whitepaper and website in such detail.

We are currently in the works to upload our version 1.4 of our whitepaper with some of the details you mentioned and edit the typos that you have pointed out. We are also adding our youtube channel where you can see interviews & vlog coming up. Linkedin profiles will also be added to both whitepaper and website.

We are also having a vlog session with Darren our CTO to touch more on the technical details of our project. A technical whitepaper is also in the works. We'll update it into the site and the other channels when it's ready!

Just to clarify by "most of the features provided by Bountie platform are centralised" do you mean that we lack API to allow other platforms or users to tap into our network, features & functionalities? If yes, here's our take on this:
Most of the larger platforms out there have a certain level of API available for other platforms to tap on, Bountie have plan to do that as well. However as a startup, we have limited time and resources to execute everything on our "wishlist", which is why we our first step is to finalize and create a platform that gamers will love using. Only after that would we be able to let others tap into our platform.

That's a tough challenge that we trying to solve, how do we structure our platform mechanize so that the majority of the gamers are able to make a living while playing games that they love. Based on our existing model, we would have multiple source of revenue streams(3 types tournaments, seasonal leaderboards, content producers, Bountie gaming team, daily quests, referral program, etc) that gamers can employ to allow more of them to make money from gaming. By increase the pie overall, more gamers would be naturally rewarded. We also listen closely to our gaming community to understand further what's their frustration and how we can improve the gaming as a whole. That's the whole purpose of our existence. Not to be a tech giant that is just looking to improve shareholder value.

You seem like someone who's very knowledgeable and cares deeply about gaming. We would love to hear from you on and off as we launch more updates in near future. Do keep in touch with me via email(lex@bountie.io) or join our telegram group chat.

Thanks for the response.

By centralising I mean the ability for a single entity to shut down the entire platform and not going to recover soon. In Bountie situation, the platform is solely owned and managed by Bountie Pte Ltd as far as I know. The only information/data that is going to stored on blockchain is the currency transactions and tournament prize pool sharing. Since putting everything on blockchain is impossible at the moment, I hope that the platform is at least open sourced so even if Bountie Pte Ltd decides to close the platform or delete all the data, the platform can still be run by others and so the platform never die. If Bountie Pte Ltd only source of revenue is through ICO and the amount of Bountie tokens they hold, in this case, open source might not be a big issue to stop Bountie Pte Ltd from profiting, provided Bountie Pte Ltd is not taking cut from the player's revenue. As of development, open source allows other talented developers to help develop it, for free.

Matchmaking is a really tough area to step in. Big companies have been trying to provide a properly balanced matchmaking experience for decades, but none has succeed to create a fair matchmaking. I am not expecting to get a totally fair matchmaking since it is basically impossible, but a basic matchmaking should be there. It is better if the tournament is being adjusted to suit all sort of players, building different levels of tournament, seperating the beginners, intermediate and advance players, so not only the most talented players can gain prizes, but the general players can make it too.

In my opinion, the big issue in E-Sports in general is the unfairness of revenue for the players. The amount of tournament/prize is still unable to meet the high competitiveness that currently existed. Beside, from what I know, the E-Sport players are also not receiving full profit from their prize due to taxes and those companies behind each E-Sport teams. Gambling on blockchain with cryptocurrency might be able to solve this issue, every players has the chance to gain money, no big central entity can take a cut from their earning and government cannot apply taxes on them. But this solution has been out for some time as far as I know. I think gambling, audiences and advertisement will create big revenue for the players provided they actually love to play game and is taking them seriously. Twitch is doing fine currently in terms of generating revenue for the players, so it should be fine to just use Twitch streaming service.

If I am understanding Bountie correctly, the ideas are similar to Uproar: https://uproar.gg
bribed

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 02:23:53 AM

The idea to give semi pro and pro players a platform with whom they can earn real money for their skills is really neat. Why is the focus only on the asian markets though? Competitional gaming is a global thing! You should also consider making this platform availible for the whole world.
bountielex

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 02:24:16 AM

Thanks for the response.

By centralising I mean the ability for a single entity to shut down the entire platform and not going to recover soon. In Bountie situation, the platform is solely owned and managed by Bountie Pte Ltd as far as I know. The only information/data that is going to stored on blockchain is the currency transactions and tournament prize pool sharing. Since putting everything on blockchain is impossible at the moment, I hope that the platform is at least open sourced so even if Bountie Pte Ltd decides to close the platform or delete all the data, the platform can still be run by others and so the platform never die. If Bountie Pte Ltd only source of revenue is through ICO and the amount of Bountie tokens they hold, in this case, open source might not be a big issue to stop Bountie Pte Ltd from profiting, provided Bountie Pte Ltd is not taking cut from the player's revenue. As of development, open source allows other talented developers to help develop it, for free.

Matchmaking is a really tough area to step in. Big companies have been trying to provide a properly balanced matchmaking experience for decades, but none has succeed to create a fair matchmaking. I am not expecting to get a totally fair matchmaking since it is basically impossible, but a basic matchmaking should be there. It is better if the tournament is being adjusted to suit all sort of players, building different levels of tournament, seperating the beginners, intermediate and advance players, so not only the most talented players can gain prizes, but the general players can make it too.

In my opinion, the big issue in E-Sports in general is the unfairness of revenue for the players. The amount of tournament/prize is still unable to meet the high competitiveness that currently existed. Beside, from what I know, the E-Sport players are also not receiving full profit from their prize due to taxes and those companies behind each E-Sport teams. Gambling on blockchain with cryptocurrency might be able to solve this issue, every players has the chance to gain money, no big central entity can take a cut from their earning and government cannot apply taxes on them. But this solution has been out for some time as far as I know. I think gambling, audiences and advertisement will create big revenue for the players provided they actually love to play game and is taking them seriously. Twitch is doing fine currently in terms of generating revenue for the players, so it should be fine to just use Twitch streaming service.

If I am understanding Bountie correctly, the ideas are similar to Uproar: https://uproar.gg

Hello again Hexcolyte! I'm so happy to see your reply because you go really deep into topics that really makes Bountie think from another perspective.

We do see the pros and cons of going down this path and open source have created so many great projects that's we thought it's impossible. We are definitely open and interested to explore this option, however as of now, we really want to make sure that we as the founders get the initial base up and running first, after which we will look at ways on how we can open up and let more developers, stakeholders and gamers improve on and grow Bountie. Our plan for ICO isn't focused so much on the profits of it or the coins we'll hold(10%). But the eventual value of the platform and ecosystem that we'll be building. ICO and Bountie Coins holding in the grand scheme of things would be just something to help us kickstart Bountie and accelate it in a way that we ourselves couldn't. The ICO funds(inside our whitepaper) are all allocated for building the platform, improving our business and marketing to get gamers to use our platform, in way giving back to the gaming community. Which is why you'll see a Revenue Streams on page 6 of our white paper. We only start making returns if and when we have a robust and successful platform, without that most of those revenue streams wouldn't be significant.

Yes, matchmaking isn't easy and this would be a constant feature that we'll be always testing and improving on like how Google Search is always changing since the beginning of Page Rank. I believe other games have lesser stake on this and treats this as a small focus of their game. For example Starcraft 2, their main focus is balancing the game, adding new content, not so much on improving matchmaking or making it perfect. But for Bountie, this is a key and essential feature that will make or break Bountie. We will be launching with 3 tiers, Silver/Gold/Platinum as you suggested, each has its own difficulty and rewards. Smiley

We do agree on that, if I'm not wrong it's 3% of the whole gaming pro get the prize money. For taxes, it's unavoidable and we would encourage our gamers to declare their income from any sources that they get it from. As of the companies behind E-Sports team, there are pros and cons on that as well. Some of them really value add the team by giving them a fix income, a proper structure, guidance and more. But of course that costs money which is why they are entitled to a certain amount of the prize money. Ultimately we exist to give gamers a platform to make a living, that's our over arching goal. We'll explore and look at more ways to allow gamers to get returns on their time spend on playing games.

For Uproar.gg they are something like our Free To Play Tournaments, but even for our Free To Play, gamers would be getting Bountie Coins and not virtual points. Bountie Coins would be tradable on Exchanges or able to be sold for $ via our e-wallet in the platform.

Really hope to hear from you again soon! If I may ask, which country are you from and what do you do?

iluvicos

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 02:32:13 AM

Saw a couple of people wearing bountie sigs came and read everything, I am very impressed! I'm a super competitive CS player and play in esea and faceit a lot. I must say this is very interesting and when it releases, I'll definitely be a player! You have my 5k investment! Don't let me down  Wink

ps mervin, you said you used to be semi pro, what game was it that u played?
bountielex

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 02:34:08 AM

The idea to give semi pro and pro players a platform with whom they can earn real money for their skills is really neat. Why is the focus only on the asian markets though? Competitional gaming is a global thing! You should also consider making this platform availible for the whole world.

Hello bribed,

Thank you for your comment Smiley

We are also allowing casual gamers to do that as well, not just the semi and pro players. The reason why we are focusing on Asia is because we are a startup with limited resources, even Facebook when they started out, there were just targeting university students, after that they move into the US and then internationally. Similarly, the gaming market is really huge, if we were to compete and win, we would need to focus on a geographical location first before we think about other areas we can expand into.

BOUNTIEMAYA

Activity: 20

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:59:19 AM

By focusing on Asia market, we meant that most of our online and offline marketing effort would be done in Asia first. Players from all around the world are still able to register and join our platform!In terms of business direction, we try to duplicate the strategy of Alibaba, focusing on the region that we are from. Learn from mistakes, execute, learn from mistake again and stable down then we expand our marketing efforts out to the other regions.
BOUNTIEMAYA

Activity: 20

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 04:01:25 AM

Saw a couple of people wearing bountie sigs came and read everything, I am very impressed! I'm a super competitive CS player and play in esea and faceit a lot. I must say this is very interesting and when it releases, I'll definitely be a player! You have my 5k investment! Don't let me down  Wink

ps mervin, you said you used to be semi pro, what game was it that u played?

Thank you for your support to make this a reality!

I am used to play CS 1.6(WCG) when i was semi-pro! I am still playing CSGO but not this period cause we are packed af! haha.
Hexcolyte

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:20:46 AM

Thanks for the response.

Hello again Hexcolyte! I'm so happy to see your reply because you go really deep into topics that really makes Bountie think from another perspective.

We do see the pros and cons of going down this path and open source have created so many great projects that's we thought it's impossible. We are definitely open and interested to explore this option, however as of now, we really want to make sure that we as the founders get the initial base up and running first, after which we will look at ways on how we can open up and let more developers, stakeholders and gamers improve on and grow Bountie. Our plan for ICO isn't focused so much on the profits of it or the coins we'll hold(10%). But the eventual value of the platform and ecosystem that we'll be building. ICO and Bountie Coins holding in the grand scheme of things would be just something to help us kickstart Bountie and accelate it in a way that we ourselves couldn't. The ICO funds(inside our whitepaper) are all allocated for building the platform, improving our business and marketing to get gamers to use our platform, in way giving back to the gaming community. Which is why you'll see a Revenue Streams on page 6 of our white paper. We only start making returns if and when we have a robust and successful platform, without that most of those revenue streams wouldn't be significant.

Yes, matchmaking isn't easy and this would be a constant feature that we'll be always testing and improving on like how Google Search is always changing since the beginning of Page Rank. I believe other games have lesser stake on this and treats this as a small focus of their game. For example Starcraft 2, their main focus is balancing the game, adding new content, not so much on improving matchmaking or making it perfect. But for Bountie, this is a key and essential feature that will make or break Bountie. We will be launching with 3 tiers, Silver/Gold/Platinum as you suggested, each has its own difficulty and rewards. Smiley

We do agree on that, if I'm not wrong it's 3% of the whole gaming pro get the prize money. For taxes, it's unavoidable and we would encourage our gamers to declare their income from any sources that they get it from. As of the companies behind E-Sports team, there are pros and cons on that as well. Some of them really value add the team by giving them a fix income, a proper structure, guidance and more. But of course that costs money which is why they are entitled to a certain amount of the prize money. Ultimately we exist to give gamers a platform to make a living, that's our over arching goal. We'll explore and look at more ways to allow gamers to get returns on their time spend on playing games.

For Uproar.gg they are something like our Free To Play Tournaments, but even for our Free To Play, gamers would be getting Bountie Coins and not virtual points. Bountie Coins would be tradable on Exchanges or able to be sold for $ via our e-wallet in the platform.

Really hope to hear from you again soon! If I may ask, which country are you from and what do you do?

I am just another Asian having passion in game. :p And thank you for taking community suggestion seriously.

Maybe I have misunderstood the Revenue Stream section from whitepaper, so it is the revenue for Bountie team instead of the players? So Bountie Pte Ltd is gaining money from advertisement and transaction as well? I was confused and thought all those mentioned revenue are targeted at the players. I am waiting for a more detailed whitepaper.

If Bountie Pte Ltd is generating revenue from activities throughout the platform, closing source is totally understandable. Beside, earning money is not a bad thing, as long as players and audiences are satisfy with the services provided by the platform and Bountie Pte Ltd. We all know that keeping platform alive needs constant revenue stream.

From the vlog, I can see that you guys are passionate on what you are doing, it is great to see startup wanting to create something revolutionary. From what I know, your team are lacking backend developer and advisors. Advisors is not a must but I hope your team can use the raised funds from ICO to expand the team, and in return accelerate the development speed. In my opinion, taking more than half a year to complete platform with existing technology is a bit slow.

If I am not mistaken about the vision of Bountie, I still think Uproar is somehow simillar to Bountie. Both share the same ideas in my opinion. Sure the currency or points are different, but the way Uproar functions, such as wagering, competiting, player profiles, quest and rewards for playing games are the proposed solution by Bountie. But uproar is much smaller in terms of scale, hope Bountie can do better than them, or perhaps learn from them.

Side note, as far as I know Starcraft 2 is constantly making better matchmaking, but they do it silently.
bountielex

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 08:58:09 AM

Thanks for the response.

I am just another Asian having passion in game. :p And thank you for taking community suggestion seriously.

Maybe I have misunderstood the Revenue Stream section from whitepaper, so it is the revenue for Bountie team instead of the players? So Bountie Pte Ltd is gaining money from advertisement and transaction as well? I was confused and thought all those mentioned revenue are targeted at the players. I am waiting for a more detailed whitepaper.

If Bountie Pte Ltd is generating revenue from activities throughout the platform, closing source is totally understandable. Beside, earning money is not a bad thing, as long as players and audiences are satisfy with the services provided by the platform and Bountie Pte Ltd. We all know that keeping platform alive needs constant revenue stream.

From the vlog, I can see that you guys are passionate on what you are doing, it is great to see startup wanting to create something revolutionary. From what I know, your team are lacking backend developer and advisors. Advisors is not a must but I hope your team can use the raised funds from ICO to expand the team, and in return accelerate the development speed. In my opinion, taking more than half a year to complete platform with existing technology is a bit slow.

If I am not mistaken about the vision of Bountie, I still think Uproar is somehow simillar to Bountie. Both share the same ideas in my opinion. Sure the currency or points are different, but the way Uproar functions, such as wagering, competiting, player profiles, quest and rewards for playing games are the proposed solution by Bountie. But uproar is much smaller in terms of scale, hope Bountie can do better than them, or perhaps learn from them.

Side note, as far as I know Starcraft 2 is constantly making better matchmaking, but they do it silently.

That's great! You're the perfect demographic we are interested to talk more deeply with. Hahahaha. And yes, we want to grow Bountie this way. Community-driven approach.

Yeap, I will get the team to improve on the whitepaper so that it's clearer for all. That's the revenue streams for Bountie Pte Ltd. We would like to sustain our platform without raising too much funds from traditional Venture Capital so the control would be retained in the core team. This would allow us to continue further down the direction and mission that we set forth for Bountie.

Appreciate you spending your time on our Vlog. We are doing 1 vlog a day at the current moment, but the video editng portion is taking a little longer than we would like, we should be posting another 2-3 video up today or tml. For backend developers our CTO's agency Fixx.sg is running the show. They have around 18 developers and designers located in Singapore at the moment. We are only listing the core team members in our whitepaper and website for now, we may be adding more of the members with other roles in as well. For adivsors, we have 3-5 that are interested and currently we are discussing deeper details with them. We'll be putting them up sometime next week. On the development timeline, we have listed a conservtive 6 months period to develop and trial run the system before we launch it to the public, this is because Bountie's business is solely dependable on our platform and we need to make it as secure and perfect as it can be. With the detailed design of UX and UI, features and functionalities we are implementing on Day 1, it should take others much longer than 6 months that we project.

Yes we do take references from all our competitors or people in the industry to better understand what's the landscape as well as the pros and cons so that we can learn from their businesses. Our aim is to be at least 2x the improvement of the existing platforms out there if not there won't be a strong enough reason for gamers to switch over to Bountie.

In all fairness, I haven't touched Starcraft 2 for years, so I am in no position to comment hahaha.

Hexcolyte

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:12:47 PM

I would like to express something about Bountie and the competitive gaming industry in general.

To me, Bountie is trying to change how competitive gaming industry works. I personally not feeling happy with the current industry where only the "game experts" can get global exposure, while the other still struggling to survive. Most players have gave up due to financial issue, if someone is really dedicated in playing competitive game, he can't pursue his goal without sacrificing his time, which also means sacrificing his chance to work for stable income. Without a proper revenue stream, he needs to withstand the pressure from parents and maybe friends, since most of the parents hope their children can gain sufficient money and make a living, so those who are under the radar will experience a harder time in doing what they like to do.

What Bountie platform wants to provide is generic, it seems like something that can be done easily, since most of the required technology involved web development. Blockchain on the other hand is harder to code due to the lack of knowledge in the current industry, but a smart contract that solve revenue sharing is still not that hard in my opinion.

It is a common issue that the industry focus on the top performer, not only limited to game industry. If Bountie can solve the unfariness in competitive gaming, then it sure will brings something to the industry. I can see the team has some talented artists working on the UI, a great experience for the users can attract audiences and players to join. As far as I know, many projects are still suffering for their non user-friendly interface. If Bountie can bypass this by creating an easy-to-use platform, then it will benefits everyone without questions.

About the Bountie token. Bountie Ptd Ltd should already understands that in order to get general people onbaord, fast and easy currency exchange is a must. From what I know, Bountie token total supply is finite, which mean the price will fluctuate a lot especially at the initial stage. Also, since I don't know the details on how the reward system work, but if players are getting rewarded directly from the company using Bountie token, they are going to sell it for fiat currency or exchange with other assets as soon as possible, so the Bountie token itself has no value or function. Maybe I am wrong since I don't know yet how will the tokens work in Bountie. I am waiting for a detailed technical whitepaper.

Thanks for reading Smiley
bribed

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:04:55 PM

Hello bribed,

Thank you for your comment Smiley

We are also allowing casual gamers to do that as well, not just the semi and pro players. The reason why we are focusing on Asia is because we are a startup with limited resources, even Facebook when they started out, there were just targeting university students, after that they move into the US and then internationally. Similarly, the gaming market is really huge, if we were to compete and win, we would need to focus on a geographical location first before we think about other areas we can expand into.

By focusing on Asia market, we meant that most of our online and offline marketing effort would be done in Asia first. Players from all around the world are still able to register and join our platform!In terms of business direction, we try to duplicate the strategy of Alibaba, focusing on the region that we are from. Learn from mistakes, execute, learn from mistake again and stable down then we expand our marketing efforts out to the other regions.

Thank you for your kind answers and the explanations to my comment. I am sorry for misunderstanding that in the first place, I thought you will limit yourself to the asian markets, but you are totally right, business wise a company has to focus on a particular market first and then expand to other markets. Also it is very neat that casual players can earn on your platform too, thats the dream guys! Love how proactive you are in your thread. I will definitely watch how your project develops! All the best from me Smiley

EDIT: if you ever plan to expand your marketing efforts to germany, I would be happy to translate content for you. Just get in touch!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: