Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:17:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] Sphere - Decentralized Social Networking >200,000 users  (Read 46899 times)
BY_ATOM

Activity: 406
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 06:22:30 AM

Question. You are going to create a decentralized network. You get information about users during their registration. Where the information is stored??? And how will it be protected?

All information will be encrypted and stored on the blockchain which provides anonymous and secured structured data.

Recall the recent data breach of Equifax not too long ago. Some 150 million people were affected because their data was centralized and operated by a single company - Equifax. Because Sphere is decentralized, there will be no single point of failure and no single entity can dictate how things work. The funds raised from the ICO will partially go into further security improvements.

With Sphere, all of our user's personal browsing and search engine results are privately secured and stored away on anonymously on the blockchain. This way users can decide how their data can be used and be compensated.
It is very good! But such a decision may lead to the increase of hash, and the consequences of the timing of the operations? Look at Bitcoin, transaction a fabulous time!

According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Altcoinrusher

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:26:20 AM

Currently the biggest player in the field is Steemit platform and it will be very hard to compete them. Is your long term plan to take them down or to be No.2 Decentralized Social Network?? Second option is more realistic.

Hello and Thank you for your responses and interest in Sphere.

We plan to focus on our own platform rather than "taking out" the competition. We're not trying to push old-style networks like Facebook and Twitter out of business.  Decentralized social networks are unquestionably better, but at the moment there's room for us all, and lots of overlap in users.

We have significantly different features from Steemit, which is more blog-based.  Sphere's social network will let users create groups to share interests, create campaigns and we are planning a marketplace that will use our Social Activity Tokens (SAT). We will implement new ideas suggested by our community and will constantly improve features to attract more users.

Right now we have an overwhelming amount of positive feedback. People are loving the project. They are looking forward to its success.

I like that you have a sober approach without over shooting with promises that cannot be maintained.
Old social media are unlikely to disappear anytime soon so, as you sy better focus on somethin unique/new to offer

Its nice to hear a calculated response from the DEV. And I like that they are focused on Sphere innovation and hears community feedback as well.
stasik201330

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:36:58 AM

One of rare good looking project! I hope it will enter major exchanges as Bittrex, Binance, Poloniex....  I will follow it certainly.
kensaii

Activity: 396
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:44:49 AM

Currently the biggest player in the field is Steemit platform and it will be very hard to compete them. Is your long term plan to take them down or to be No.2 Decentralized Social Network?? Second option is more realistic.

We plan to focus on our own platform rather than "taking out" the competition. We're not trying to push old-style networks like Facebook and Twitter out of business.  Decentralized social networks are unquestionably better, but at the moment there's room for us all, and lots of overlap in users.

We have significantly different features from Steemit, which is more blog-based.  Sphere's social network will let users create groups to share interests, create campaigns and we are planning a marketplace that will use our Social Activity Tokens (SAT). We will implement new ideas suggested by our community and will constantly improve features to attract more users.

Right now we have an overwhelming amount of positive feedback. People are loving the project. They are looking forward to its success.

Telling you will push facebook and twitter out of business would probably make people don't trust you.

But I agree with you, there is a big market and plenty of room.
Yeah, people don't like arrogant so I think it best if you could steady earn your place from them.
wonderfullife

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:45:59 AM

It is true that since we have social networks in our lives, we have less visibility on the data we share and therefore our privacy is suffering, here sphere is planning to let ourselves be entertained with the social network and share our datas with our friends and we always have the control of our own data so this project actively participates to protect our privacy and give us back the power and freedom on the internet.
viljy

Activity: 1750
Merit: 873

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 07:09:10 AM

At first I thought that you plan to place advertising from advertisers in the target groups of users of the social network, which will be formed by interests. Then advertising will be effective. Also add a bulletin board for trade between members of the social network. But now I do not quite understand how you plan to make a profit. From the integration of the blog sphere into the social network?
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 08:06:27 AM

Hi Devs, I like the fact that the app is only 4+mb in Android platform. I am sure there'll be more work put in to the platform. Right now, I am impressed with the load speed while not to impressed with the interface.

UI is something that can be fixed later. Maybe even hire some external UX guys. The underlying tech is way more important.
It might be fixed later but that could be done before presenting aplication in ann thread

I like Social networking on blockchain idea because that will lower cenzorship levels sadly there isnt good social networks projects for now ,maybe this will change this Cheesy i will try to follow progress

I didn't even realize they already had an app available. I'll check it out.

Another cool feature I found on their website is Sphere debit card, which allows you to spend SAT's in any shop that accepts card payments!
This is such a great thing to incentivize users to get on board and it will create a good amount of hype.

Seriously? A debit card? Also didn't know about it. That's some expansion from traditional social networks. It's one more option to use SATs then, very comfortable.

Terrratron

Activity: 238
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 08:15:38 AM

Hi Devs, I like the fact that the app is only 4+mb in Android platform. I am sure there'll be more work put in to the platform. Right now, I am impressed with the load speed while not to impressed with the interface.

UI is something that can be fixed later. Maybe even hire some external UX guys. The underlying tech is way more important.
It might be fixed later but that could be done before presenting aplication in ann thread

I like Social networking on blockchain idea because that will lower cenzorship levels sadly there isnt good social networks projects for now ,maybe this will change this Cheesy i will try to follow progress

Another cool feature I found on their website is Sphere debit card, which allows you to spend SAT's in any shop that accepts card payments!
This is such a great thing to incentivize users to get on board and it will create a good amount of hype.

Seriously? A debit card? Also didn't know about it. That's some expansion from traditional social networks. It's one more option to use SATs then, very comfortable.

If there is a debit card tied to tokens, this is a huge advantage. Such an opportunity will uniquely make this social network popular.
And this will increase the value of tokens.
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 08:33:46 AM

If there is a debit card tied to tokens, this is a huge advantage. Such an opportunity will uniquely make this social network popular.

what kind of debit card? visa/mastercard? i know there are entire projects based upon getting a card to spend your tokens/crypto.

Tane

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 08:37:24 AM

Yes, you are absolutely right, it will greatly increase the value of tokens. I have never met such an idea anywhere before.
The guys did a good job.
KryptoTark

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 08:37:39 AM

indeed! It's like facebook having it's own currency.

Think how many people use social media for selling goods, its always a headache to get money transferred, specially globally.
Having that opportunity is a great incentive to sign up, even for signing up you will be rewarded with 100SAT- to get you started!

Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 08:56:27 AM

Think how many people use social media for selling goods, its always a headache to get money transferred, specially globally.
Having that opportunity is a great incentive to sign up, even for signing up you will be rewarded with 100SAT- to get you started!

I see they have also a referral program, where you can get more SAT for each person you refer, that is quite a good idea to spread the word around
Jay2408

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:12:30 AM

I see they have also a referral program, where you can get more SAT for each person you refer, that is quite a good idea to spread the word around

Yes, and their measures to increase the community have already paid off quite well... almost 250k registered people. Great achievement!

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:15:21 AM

after seeing how datum is performing at the moment, i can just think that this will surely go up too Smiley
Altcoinrusher

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:50:30 AM

One of rare good looking project! I hope it will enter major exchanges as Bittrex, Binance, Poloniex....  I will follow it certainly.

Good choice! Same for me as I tend to prefer projects that could disrupt current trends in our digital world and Sphere is one of them. Smiley
loup

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:51:53 AM

Yes, and their measures to increase the community have already paid off quite well... almost 250k registered people. Great achievement!
I think the idea is quite good and they are taking the right steps to make an even bigger project. Seeing how other similar projects are doing, it looks like a bright future awaits.
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 11:04:23 AM

how they will use tokens here? What liquidity of tokens?
belechau

Activity: 686

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 11:29:47 AM

Apparently their tokens will not have use directly connection to the network, although that would be genius, their valorization will be given independently to the activities, if I am not mistaken. The concept of the project is good, and although there are others already active, Sphere already has a certain reputation and many sympathizers, which will do well to ICO
weekofcrypto

Activity: 93

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 11:42:40 AM

Apparently their tokens will not have use directly connection to the network, although that would be genius, their valorization will be given independently to the activities, if I am not mistaken. The concept of the project is good, and although there are others already active, Sphere already has a certain reputation and many sympathizers, which will do well to ICO

What are the tokens actually being used for then?

premium_domainer
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 11:43:03 AM

Am I not the only one who thinks this is looking like datum/soma hybrid right?

It has social media with marketplace also you can sell or protect your data. Which can really work by the way.

| 500+ Premium Crypto domains for sale | CryptoMagazine.org | Advertise in my Signature for free by PM'ing me | BitcoinsChannel.com | CryptoUniversity.org  | Are you able to see this?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: