Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 10:41:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] Sphere - Decentralized Social Networking >200,000 users  (Read 46899 times)
king_of_alts

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:24:44 PM

I like the project. If I had to give any criticism, it would be the tokens for downloading the app part of the plan. It just makes a giant list of people that will not actually use the platform. I think it creates a messy start to a social media app. Look at alphabet social platform for example. It's a spam fest and I already have more followers there than I do on twitter. Without even trying because they offer tokens for every friend you confirm.

Tokens for joining I think are still ok, it's pretty much the same as bounty campaigns. Despite the fact that some people won't use it, it still spreads the word. Giving tokens for confirming friends is however a little too much.

It's some sort of referrals bounty? For a start is ok I guess and you're right, some people won't use it but you rather register into a platform with 250,000 users or on a platform with 1,000 users ?

You get tokens for downloading the app so abusers will use their different google accounts to download the app without actually using it.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
omwibya

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:31:09 PM

I like the project. If I had to give any criticism, it would be the tokens for downloading the app part of the plan. It just makes a giant list of people that will not actually use the platform. I think it creates a messy start to a social media app. Look at alphabet social platform for example. It's a spam fest and I already have more followers there than I do on twitter. Without even trying because they offer tokens for every friend you confirm.

Tokens for joining I think are still ok, it's pretty much the same as bounty campaigns. Despite the fact that some people won't use it, it still spreads the word. Giving tokens for confirming friends is however a little too much.

It's some sort of referrals bounty? For a start is ok I guess and you're right, some people won't use it but you rather register into a platform with 250,000 users or on a platform with 1,000 users ?

You get tokens for downloading the app so abusers will use their different google accounts to download the app without actually using it.

that's true, but it's also a useful scheme to get the tokens into the hands of more and more people and pump up the download numbers.

⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●     Uchit - The Hub of Communication and Collaboration based on Blockchain Technology.     ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      Whitepaper     Facebook     Twitter     Telegram       ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
PRE-ICO | 1st April 2018
martinholly167

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:34:16 PM

I think there should be some special / right requirements to prevent it, so it will be not really for all people.
MandatoryOption

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:36:37 PM

I think there should be some special / right requirements to prevent it, so it will be not really for all people.

I don't know how many tokens you get exactly but usually the amount isn't that big so it's not really worth the time to abuse this system I guess.
Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:23:18 PM

I don't know how many tokens you get exactly but usually the amount isn't that big so it's not really worth the time to abuse this system I guess.

don't underestimate how low can people go to get free stuff

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:41:47 PM

I agree about this. People should get something for joining. It is a nice motivation.

It shouldn't be huge but it is way more logical than telegram airdrops and etc.

Makkara

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:09:58 PM

I agree about this. People should get something for joining. It is a nice motivation.

It shouldn't be huge but it is way more logical than telegram airdrops and etc.

and since they are also beta testing maybe would make more sense to give them something back indeed

bitcoinbulk

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 02:43:14 PM

I'm all for giving out free tokens, it absolutely helps to spread the wealth and get more people interested in the project. I just don't want there to be TOO many tokens distributed freely because then if most people dump, it just tanks the price. There needs to be a good balance for sure.

matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:12:34 PM

Exactly, sphere gives 50 SAT for signing up, ICO price is $0,14, so you get $7. I doubt somebody gonna spend their time on creating all those scam accounts. I wouldn't.

aveon

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:13:15 PM

I'm all for giving out free tokens, it absolutely helps to spread the wealth and get more people interested in the project. I just don't want there to be TOO many tokens distributed freely because then if most people dump, it just tanks the price. There needs to be a good balance for sure.
The coin is of two sides. Firstly, distributing free tokens may attract hamsters. Later on, however, it may turn out that there are few people who are really interested in the project itself not just in making money. Thus, it is crucial to attract both groups: interested in project and interested in money
CryptoCutie

Activity: 238
Merit: 131

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:56:18 PM

ICO price is $0,14 ok thanks for the information.  Smiley
XxDrogbaxX

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:09:57 PM

Hello, I would like to participate in the pre-sale but I can not verify my account. I was previously verified and had 55K SAT referral tokens, now my balance is 0 and I can not login for the pre-sale and retrieve my tokens. thanks for your help.they do not respond to emails, yes I have looked in spam.
traveler007

Activity: 840

ZooomEx- a new cryptocurrency exchange!

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:12:24 PM

Period of Sale: 12 February 2018 UTC 21:00 to 9 April 2018 UTC 21:00

So, ICO ongoing already? But why on the site write: "pre-sale"
Can you clarify me? Now pre-sale or main sale? Any bonuses right now?

[ Z ] ZooomEx0%  trading  FEE                            CRYPTO EXCHANGE 
facebook  |  TELEGRAM  |  ◥ twitter  [  A N N  ◾  B O U N T Y  ◾  WP   ]
████████████████████ (❪ TRADE NOW ❫) ████████████████████
MandatoryOption

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:17:29 PM

As the post you quoted shows, the ICO is starting on the 12th of February. Currently the pre-sale is live.
ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:57:17 PM

As the post you quoted shows, the ICO is starting on the 12th of February. Currently the pre-sale is live.
There is no any confusion - 12 February 2018 UTC 21:00  - UTC it's Coordinated Universal Time, so ICO will starts after 3 hours.
alexgold

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:33:17 PM

a very good project with a strong idea, but I think you need to work on the design of the application
BY_ATOM

Activity: 406
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 06:46:07 PM

You're absolutely right. Some people are willing to do anything for profit. they absolutely do not care about the projects they are only interested in profit!

Bolovich

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:16:00 PM

You're absolutely right. Some people are willing to do anything for profit. they absolutely do not care about the projects they are only interested in profit!

I think as a marketing campaign is OK. It's a good way of getting users for the platform.

▬▬▬▬ ViValid   █   ITEMS' VALUE AND OWNERSHIP IN THE BLOCKCHAIN
every item has a story   █   PRE SALE 14th May 2018                                                
   █   Whitepaper   Twitter   Telegram       
Makkara

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:17:01 PM

the translation in Italian looks like shit https://sphere.social/it/ so if you have hired somebody from here to do it please don't pay him

alexandrofff

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:35:17 PM

What is an amount of pre-sale?
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: