Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:16:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Feathercoin to partner with other leading alt currencies  (Read 11255 times)
Chaoskampf

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

order in numbers

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 03:57:48 AM

Yup
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 03:59:39 AM

Any videos? Pictures? Articles?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Chaoskampf

Activity: 182

order in numbers

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 04:03:41 AM

Any videos? Pictures? Articles?

You'll have to ask chrisj, he didn't tell me much more than what I've already said.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 05:48:30 AM

Bushstar would you like to explain why you made no pre-announcement of the launch? (I guarantee we don't get an honest answer to this question).
Bumping this yet unanswered question, so it doesn't get forgotten about.

justabitoftime (OP)

Activity: 154

CoinTropolis

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 06:33:40 AM

Bushstar would you like to explain why you made no pre-announcement of the launch? (I guarantee we don't get an honest answer to this question).

"(I guarantee we don't get an honest answer to this question)."

As long as you guarantee it, it must be true. Wink I guess I should be upset since I came into the coin (not through mining) days later. You guys crack me up with this nonsense. The guy releases a coin, has no idea it's going to take off the way it did, some people mine and we're still talking about it.  Imagine if the same energy was spent going after merchants, developing tools and attracting new investors.

Maybe I'm not crypto cool, I'm lost here half the time on this 'it's only fair' nonsense.  Litecoin's release was wonderful, I literally have a slow clap going on as I type. Bushstar didn't follow that path.  Here's the kicker, if you didn't like the release, why bother participating in the conversation? Coins released everyday, find one that interests you personally.  Some people on here treat coin releases like religion. I admit, it's a bit creepy at times.  Just my 00000010 cents.

When I came into Feathercoin, I basically accelerated the process. The history is fairly straightforward:

- I was in BTC-e trollbox listening to yet another 'Fontas Chickun Pump' and someone mentioned Feathercoin
- I wasn't into mining, I just traded with some of the guys on here through the Google Docs Exchange like XorXor and Cyberdyne
- I met a few people through this forum, I liked their ideas about the coin. They didn't fit the classic alt section poster, I felt at home.
- I posted a few grassroots type ideas and got the typical Bitcointalk treatment. You know, "that's gay, that sucks, blah blah"
- Talked with a few people here and they invited me to the official Feathercoin forums
- Decided to contribute a few ideas and it went from there
- Decided to pull in my own resources out of my own pocket. Why? Here's the part I feel many have forgotten (drum roll) the forum made it fun
- I helped organize large grassroots campaigns in the past and had experience in c-level project management..  decided to volunteer some time
- Volunteering 'some' time turned into quite a bit of time

Oh well, there will be people on both sides of the issue, I'm heading back to work. If you don't like the promotion of Feathercoin in the past, you're really going to hate life in the coming weeks. Smiley  

Loktera

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 06:36:29 AM

Considering what went down in the first seven hours and the fact there was no pre announcement, what of active members of the alt coin community who were asleep or at work/school? Did they not deserve to take part?

I only got into cryptos the past October... I changed from mining BTC to LTC a day or two before the huge jump in increase. At the time I was mining BTC and changed to LTC, I was only using a 5870 and actually decided to take mining seriously at this point, so I went in made orders to finish machine and make a second (total of 5 cards) after I decided to change course to mine LTC. My luck, LTC went up in price and continued to go up while I waited for my items. I didn't follow the crowd to LTC, I was one of the first and wasn't part of Bitcointalk yet so I had no clue about the different coins or any "hype" that might've been going on. I thought I was one of the few to mine something different and invest in that, but that failed. By the time I got my cards the difficulty jumped several times over and made it much less profitable.

I was awake, I was active, did I make the profit I should've gotten from LTC? No, because timing made everyone jump to it while I was still waiting for my cards, not to mention I only got to mine it at a lower diff for a day or two. So is that fair?  Nope, I was upset about it but I sucked it up and sure as hell didn't go around complaining about it. So all you haters can suck it up too, life's a bitch, it's a fact. It's still minable, it's still going somewhere, take advantage of that and stop whining.
No, this is quite a different situation. In your scenario you had months to discover LTC and get in on a budding project, and so did anybody else in the crypto scene.

In the case of FTC, the devs were either incompetent or purposefully negligent of precautions they could have taken to give a fair shot to everybody involved, not just the lucky few. Is being an early adopter really about checking a forum and mining in the first 7 hours?
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 06:38:21 AM

"(I guarantee we don't get an honest answer to this question)."

As long as you guarantee it, it must be true. Wink I guess I should be upset since I came into the coin (not through mining) days later. You guys crack me up with this nonsense. The guy releases a coin, has no idea it's going to take off the way it did, some people mine and we're still talking about it.  Imagine if the same energy was spent going after merchants, developing tools and attracting new investors.

Maybe I'm not crypto cool, I'm lost here half the time on this 'it's only fair' nonsense.  Litecoin's release was wonderful, I literally have a slow clap going on as I type. Bushstar didn't follow that path.  Here's the kicker, if you didn't like the release, why bother participating in the conversation? Coins released everyday, find one that interests you personally.  Some people on here treat coin releases like religion. I admit, it's a bit creepy at times.  Just my 00000010 cents.

When I came into Feathercoin, I basically accelerated the process. The history is fairly straightforward:

- I was in BTC-e trollbox listening to yet another 'Fontas Chickun Pump' and someone mentioned Feathercoin
- I wasn't into mining, I just traded with some of the guys on here through the Google Docs Exchange like XorXor and Cyberdyne
- I met a few people through this forum, I liked their ideas about the coin. They didn't fit the classic alt section poster, I felt at home.
- I posted a few grassroots type ideas and got the typical Bitcointalk treatment. You know, "that's gay, that sucks, blah blah"
- Talked with a few people here and they invited me to the official Feathercoin forums
- Decided to contribute a few ideas and it went from there
- Decided to pull in my own resources out of my own pocket. Why? Here's the part I feel many have forgotten (drum roll) the forum made it fun
- I helped organize large grassroots campaigns in the past and had experience in c-level project management..  decided to volunteer some time
- Volunteering 'some' time turned into quite a bit of time

Oh well, there will be people on both sides of the issue, I'm heading back to work. If you don't like the promotion of Feathercoin in the past, you're really going to hate life in the coming weeks. Smiley  

+1 I wasnt a miner of feathercoin, still am not. But i support what the community there is doing. They appear to have the right motives and focus.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

Loktera

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 06:39:17 AM

Imagine if the court involved in the prosecution of Bernie Madoff had spent the same energy expanding his scheme and attracting new investors!
justabitoftime (OP)

Activity: 154

CoinTropolis

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 06:41:18 AM

Considering what went down in the first seven hours and the fact there was no pre announcement, what of active members of the alt coin community who were asleep or at work/school? Did they not deserve to take part?

I only got into cryptos the past October... I changed from mining BTC to LTC a day or two before the huge jump in increase. At the time I was mining BTC and changed to LTC, I was only using a 5870 and actually decided to take mining seriously at this point, so I went in made orders to finish machine and make a second (total of 5 cards) after I decided to change course to mine LTC. My luck, LTC went up in price and continued to go up while I waited for my items. I didn't follow the crowd to LTC, I was one of the first and wasn't part of Bitcointalk yet so I had no clue about the different coins or any "hype" that might've been going on. I thought I was one of the few to mine something different and invest in that, but that failed. By the time I got my cards the difficulty jumped several times over and made it much less profitable.

I was awake, I was active, did I make the profit I should've gotten from LTC? No, because timing made everyone jump to it while I was still waiting for my cards, not to mention I only got to mine it at a lower diff for a day or two. So is that fair?  Nope, I was upset about it but I sucked it up and sure as hell didn't go around complaining about it. So all you haters can suck it up too, life's a bitch, it's a fact. It's still minable, it's still going somewhere, take advantage of that and stop whining.
No, this is quite a different situation. In your scenario you had months to discover LTC and get in on a budding project, and so did anybody else in the crypto scene.

In the case of FTC, the devs were either incompetent or purposefully negligent of precautions they could have taken to give a fair shot to everybody involved, not just the lucky few. Is being an early adopter really about checking a forum and mining in the first 7 hours?

Great question, I'm here to assist.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=free+market

Do you also get upset when you purchase your box of Kix cereal and you missed the deadline to have your face on the next box?  Should they warn you next time? Smiley Anyway, enjoy this debate everyone.   Look for quite a bit of Feathercoin news coming out in the next few weeks. I'll let the rest carry on this discussion.  Miles to go before we sleep.

Mogumodz

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 06:44:51 AM

There was a pre-announcement.

There was a feathercoin pre-announcement to the actual launch?

Link anyone?

+1 Do share.

Bitcoin OTC rating GPG ID: 3E7974A1 P2Pool statistics: p2pool.info
Loktera

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 06:48:34 AM

Do you also get upset when you purchase your box of Kix cereal and you missed the deadline to have your face on the next box?  Should they warn you next time? Smiley Anyway, enjoy this debate everyone.   Look for quite a bit of Feathercoin news coming out in the next few weeks. I'll let the rest carry on this discussion.  Miles to go before we sleep.

You act like a bunch of coins hadn't already shown fair launch practices years before feathercoin existed. Why couldn't he make a pre announcement or set the difficulty higher for the launch? These ideas are already established in the crypto community.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:09:00 AM

You act like a bunch of coins hadn't already shown fair launch practices years before feathercoin existed. Why couldn't he make a pre announcement or set the difficulty higher for the launch? These ideas are already established in the crypto community.

Not much is going to come of complaining about the past that can't be changed. I dont agree with the launch 100%, but the motives I believe were not malicious.

But carry on.  Smiley

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

svennand

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:25:25 AM

Its not forgotten, only ignored. And for good reasons.

I understand why bushstar do not bother to answer this question asked by mr_random.

quote:I guarantee we don´t get an honest answer to this question
What kind of childish bullshit line is that. why should he spend time on explaining anything to mr_random(aka trolly)... you have allready made up your mind about ftc, and the devs personally.
He has allready answered this type of question over and over again. Do some research before bluntly accusing people of lying, or question their choices.

Also note people, ftc is NOT ltc. why the hell should ftc follow the same formula for launch/envolvement like ltc.

like bushstar said (ps writing from memory so please dont quote me on this):
i watched the coins beeing out there, it stopped beeing fun to mine and be involved in those coins because i felt they had stopped evolving.
Decided to create my own which should be faster (4x) to mine than ltc, and that would be constantly improved/expanded.

Well the "fun"coin got popular, more people started backing it up. If bushstar knew then how far the coin would go he probably would have had higher start diff and tried to limit the starting mining speed.

The coin was not premined as proved earlier, and everyone had exactly the same chance to get onboard as everyone else. how long should he have been preannouncing it? 8 hour (beauty sleep),1 day?, 1week?, 1month? what about those fishermen thats 3months at sea? that still isnt fair for them is it, or the guy going to afghanistan in 4 days, when the coin doenst get release for a week, then he would be able to mine anything. Seems to me that those people that are upset that they didnt get in quick enough to get an quick mine and dump scheme which they get from so many other coins.

I remember a several weeks after its release i got around 3000ftc with my then 3mhash rig.
Now im barely able to get 600 with my 11mhash rig... the coin was super profitable to mine long after launch, if you had the balls to gamble on it.
I could have mined ltc instead and had a stable income. but i decided to mine something without value at that time. It paid of.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:37:24 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2013, 07:59:21 AM by Buffer Overflow

Its not forgotten, only ignored. And for good reasons.

I understand why bushstar do not bother to answer this question asked by buffer_overflow.

quote:I guarantee we don´t get an honest answer to this question
What kind of childish bullshit line is that. why should he spend time on explaining anything to Buffer_Overflow(aka trolly)... you have allready made up your mind about ftc, and the devs personally.
He has allready answered this type of question over and over again. Do some research before bluntly accusing people of lying, or question their choices.

Also note people, ftc is NOT ltc. why the hell should ftc follow the same formula for launch/envolvement like ltc.

like bushstar said (ps writing from memory so please dont quote me on this):
i watched the coins beeing out there, it stopped beeing fun to mine and be involved in those coins because i felt they had stopped evolving.
Decided to create my own which should be faster (4x) to mine than ltc, and that would be constantly improved/expanded.

Well the "fun"coin got popular, more people started backing it up. If bushstar knew then how far the coin would go he probably would have had higher start diff and tried to limit the starting mining speed.

LOL  Cheesy
If you read the post properly you'll discover I asked no question. Just bumped another members' question.

As a holder of FTC myself, I would like this query answered. Or maybe investors are not allowed to ask anything, just keep our heads down and keep quiet.

svennand

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:56:28 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2013, 08:21:10 AM by svennand

sorry Buffer_overflow. saw i had taken wrong nick from quote right
after i posted. fixed! Smiley

all im saying is that if you had listened to one off bushstar's radiointerviews
you would have gotten your answer. its not the first time ive heared the question and
its not the first time it would have been answered Roll Eyes

i think the devs are excellent at informing their investors.
just look at the latest posts feathercoin forum regarding cooperation/fusion.
it has even been made a presentation video from justabitoftime...

its the devs responsibility to keep their shareholders/investors in the loop.
but its the investors responsebillity to invest at the right time. and dont bitch about it because something got valuable and they wasnt active on it
kingcrimson
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 08:14:15 AM

OP is giving major psychopath vibes
so this is a warning...do not trust.
Ive known quite a few
lots of hot air, manipulative responses, grand promises, fake caring (no one cares how much time you put into ftc)... seen it all before
Good luck.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 08:17:12 AM

sorry Buffer_overflow. saw i had taken wrong nick from quote right
after i posted. fixed! Smiley

all im saying is that if you had listened to one off bushstar's radiointerviews
you would have gotten your answer. its not the first time ive heared the question and
its not the first time it would have been answered Roll Eyes
While the starting motivations of the project are questionable and I don't really see any advantage of using Feathercoin over Litecoin, short-term (1 - 2 years) I can see the price rising which I feel would be foolish of me to not take advantage of.

The project motivation is fantastic and as I've said in a previous post, feel many GPU miners will get bored of Litecoin (particularly newer arrivals) soon when the difficulty rises and profits are squeezed tighter and tighter. They will naturally look for another scrypt coin to point their hashing power at, and I think Feathercoin will be the one.

I'm also predicting that PPcoin will be a future riser as older slow ASICs become redundant with no resale value, miners will start pointing them at another SHA256 coin instead of Bitcoin.

Of course, no doubt something else will pop up and derail my plans though. Oh well...

svennand

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 08:25:31 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2013, 09:23:40 AM by svennand

Ive known quite a few
lots of hot air, manipulative responses, grand promises, fake caring (no one cares how much time you put into ftc)... seen it all before
Good luck.

my troll vibes are tingling so this is a warning... do not trust
ive known quite a few. lots of hot air, manipulation to destroy/get cheap coins.
seen it all before
Good luck.

EDIT:
yeah i know it was childish of me. but comon!
in an more seriouse reply:
so what you are saing is that unless the coins suffers from passive involvement / low compation/ "not time for it" from the creator/devs. The coin/devs should not be trusted? wheres the sense in you post?
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 08:45:00 AM

How does one single person affect a crypto-currency to the extent that the coin would die? It's is basically the same as saying that you should not trust Bitcoin because a high-profile user that posts a lot about Bitcoin is very enthusiastic about that coin. I fail to see the connection.

Remember, these coins are nothing more than tokens that happen to be exchangeable very easy and against very low costs. The value in a coin is derived from the community behind that coin. And from that perspective, everyone can make a distinction between Litecoin and Feathercoin themselves.

We are still in major price discovery modus. This applies to all coins, including Bitcoin. However, the idea has been set free and will never go back into the bottle again. From that perspective, the quarrel between coin-factions is rather amusing but highly irrelevant for the broader picture. I would say: become partners instead of adversaries.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 10:03:27 AM

Ive known quite a few
Good luck.

my troll vibes are tingling so this is a warning... do not trust
ive known quite a few. lots of hot air, manipulation to destroy/get cheap coins.
seen it all before
Good luck.

EDIT:
yeah i know it was childish of me. but comon!
in an more seriouse reply:
so what you are saing is that unless the coins suffers from passive involvement / low compation/ "not time for it" from the creator/devs. The coin/devs should not be trusted? wheres the sense in you post?

dont worry, fail troll is fail.

Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: