Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:42:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Hack?  (Read 1085 times)
Onyx0

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:23:57 PM

-snip-

this is an extremely misleading article that you shared here and forgot to share the link to source of it.
https://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/032615/can-bitcoin-be-hacked.asp

first of all the "recent network security" that author is talking about are the hacks that happened years ago in 2014 and 2013 and none of them have anything to do with "network security" but with "third party security", exchanges such as Bitstamp hack in 2014, Mt. Gox scam in 2013, Bitcoinica in 2012. these are all third parties that scammed people and most probably not even hacked. even if they are hacked, it is not "network security" at all.
Well I believe that it’s not possible that bitcoin can be hack because bitcoin is now very meatier and it know how to protect itself from hackers because bitcoin is a digital currency it its connected with internet so hackers also using internet to hack something so for bitcoin it’s very easy to trace someone although bitcoin is decentralized but I believe there is someone who is going to monitor bitcoin and they are defending bitcoin in any forum.
NewBet

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:51:21 PM

Bitcoin is inherently designed to be hack-proof, which is the fundamental revelation of the Blockchain technolgy in that the only way to hack it is to control over 50% of the hashrate and if that happens then Bitcoin would die, but realisticallyit will not happen becuase it takes too much money to make it happen and mining is a global initiative now.
lenj

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:56:52 PM

Are you talking about hacks on individual wallets or attacks on the blockchain/devs etc themselves? Anyways, there have been a lot of different hacks, scams and all kinds of other things in the past. We are living in the wild wild west right now.  Shocked

I also still try to understand which hack does he mean? Hack to wallet or blockchain?
If blockchain i will say it is not hackable. But if wallet hack, there are many issue about it out there since they are not aware to security.
We must put security in first of all amd use 2FA is recommended.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: