Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is Bitcoin gambling is legal?
bitcoin - 15 (83.3%)
Blockchain - 3 (16.7%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin gambling is legal?  (Read 2635 times)
James Messy (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:56:10 AM

Is Bitcoin gambling is legal?
kush14

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:00:31 AM

I think every gambling is illegal
James Messy (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:05:07 AM

I think every gambling is illegal

I think it is impractical to say whether gambling with bitcoins is legal or not. Indeed, different jurisdictions react differently to gambling in general. Whatever laws authorities in Antigua, Costa Rica or Panama have put in place, to govern the industry, are almost completely different from those by the US Department of Justice. The former are receptive to gambling using bitcoins and indeed have earned themselves the title of the main centers of the Bitcoin gambling industry.

partysumo

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:06:01 AM

Depends on the country/jurisdiction I guess. If gambling is illegal, gambling with anything is going to be illegal, doesn't matter whether it is bitcoin or fiat.

Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:14:16 AM

Depends on the country. In countries like Bangladesh, Brunei, Pakistan,... mostly Asia, gambling is illegal and can be fined with prison time and fees, unlike my country where all kinds of gambling are legal as long as you're over 18. Same goes for online gambling.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:18:58 AM

Its neither legal nor illegal because there is no way to find out who is gambling with bitcoin or not and gamblers can gamble huge amount without getting noticed by their government. So even people from countries where gambling is illegal can gamble with bitcoin and they can easily get rid of any legal issues too.

So gambling with bitcoin can be considered as pseudo-legal.
junoreactor

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:19:53 AM

Betting is illegal in countries such as Israel, Taiwan, China, Thailand and quite a few others.
Legal but regulated in most western countries.

Now, if the question is betting in Bitcoin is legal, I would say yes but only in a few countries like Malta.
Please be aware that there is a law void when Bitcoin is concerned, so not legal does not necessarily means illegal.

edit: @mobnepal beat me to it, we are basically saying the same thing...
Oliver A

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:30:29 AM

Give priority to those that have gambling license, which protects you in case there is a dispute
bajigur894784

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:32:11 AM

I think ... it's hard to know if gambling with bitcoin is legal or not in a jurisdiction that governs tight gambling in fiat currency. This is because there is no solid test to clarify the legal position.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:35:10 AM

mainly it depends on where you live. in many countries gambling is not illegal and in some places it is.
but also in some countries it depends on whether or not the government can tax online gambling. i believe it is illegal to gamble "online" in US because they could not tax online gambling!

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:41:27 AM

As other have said before it depends on the country, different countries have different laws. You are read about it all Here.
watata1

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:44:47 AM

i don't know or it's illegal but i heard for many user its not so i go for it. i think i can earn money for this online networking  Huh Huh
tigan_gangmei

Activity: 73
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:47:08 AM

It's called 'trading', like a stock market.

Tigan_Gangmei
shinjunobi09

Activity: 126
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:51:12 AM

Its up to the government of the country to decide whether that gambling is legal or illegal because the government of each have each different perspective in terms of their jurisdictions and regulations in bitcoin because sometimes gambling can cause a disruption to one's peaceful environment or it can provide entertainment.

bajigur894784

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:52:23 AM

Betting is illegal in countries such as Israel, Taiwan, China, Thailand and quite a few others.

Now, if the question is betting in Bitcoin is legal, I would say yes but only in a few countries like Malta.
Please be aware that there is a law void when Bitcoin is concerned, so not legal does not necessarily means illegal.

I am happy with your explanation.
I just found out that there are countries that legalized gambling and even gambling with bitcoin.
Thank you sir..
your explanation adds my insight !!.
tech72

Activity: 427
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 11:55:03 AM

No one will really know from where you earned your Bitcoins. You can simoly show the gains as profits from Trading. So, while Bitcoin trading not illegal you may continue with it.

Buying Instagram followers from Zeru.com was a smart move. Real profiles, quick delivery, and an organic boost to my presence. Fantastic service, highly satisfied.
Zeru.com exceeded my expectations. Bought Instagram followers, and my profile skyrocketed. Genuine engagement, prompt delivery—best investment in my online presence.
Absolutely thrilled with Zeru.com. Purchased Instagram followers, and the results are phenomenal. Authentic growth, reliable service, and exceptional customer support. Highly recommend.
Zeru.com is a game-changer. Acquired Instagram followers, and my influence soared. Organic engagement, instant delivery, and excellent customer service. Truly satisfied with the results.
Zeru.com delivered real YouTube subscribers, skyrocketing my channel's success. Trustworthy, efficient, and effective. The best investment for content creators.
Incredible service from Zeru.com. The Instagram likes I purchased were delivered instantly, boosting my online presence. Highly recommended for influencers.
Phenomenal experience with Zeru.com. Bought YouTube views and witnessed instant growth. Authentic engagement, timely delivery, and top-notch customer service. Absolutely satisfied.
Zeru.com is a game-changer. Buying Twitter followers from them boosted my online presence. Authenticity, quick delivery, and stellar customer service – a winning combination for social media success.
Zeru.com delivers as promised. Facebook likes purchase led to enhanced visibility. Trustworthy, efficient, and a game-changer for anyone aiming to boost social media presence.
Zeru.com delivers as promised. Increased my Instagram views instantly. Quality service, quick results, and their team ensures satisfaction. A reliable choice.
Impressed with Zeru.com prompt service and genuine YouTube likes. Increased engagement and visibility have skyrocketed my channel's success. Highly recommend.
Buying Facebook followers from Zeru.com was a game-changer. Authentic profiles, quick delivery, and excellent customer support. Highly recommended for growth. 5/5 Stars rating.
Zeru.com exceeded my expectations. The TikTok followers I bought were high-quality, instantly elevating my content and giving my profile the attention it deserves.
Zeru.com delivers TikTok likes that matter. Genuine engagement, instant credibility, and a noticeable spike in my video views. An absolute game-changer.
Zeru.com
SocialMediaPanel.com is my trusted partner for social growth. Their SMM Panel, Social Media Panel, delivers authentic social media engagement, boosting my online presence effectively.
Oliver A

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:56:39 AM

edit: @mobnepal beat me to it, we are basically saying the same thing...
Thank you for sharing valuable information
cutie04

Activity: 60

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:03:37 PM

Yah gambling is legal thats why u need to wise and protect your Bitcoin.
Oliver A

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:07:33 PM

Yah gambling is legal thats why u need to wise and protect your Bitcoin.
Just I want to know from which country you belong?
Rubick99

Activity: 484
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:16:32 PM

Everthing about gambling, betting, etc are illegal
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: