Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:11:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is Bitcoin More Important Than Ethereum ?
bitcoin - 60 (71.4%)
Blockchain - 24 (28.6%)
Total Voters: 84

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin More Important Than Ethereum ?  (Read 3397 times)
Oliver A (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:12:56 AM

Is Bitcoin More Important Than Ethereum?
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pathapoddo

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

CRYPTOCITIZEN $CCASH

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:22:36 AM

Yes, bitcoin is more important than ethereum. Bitcoin is safe than any other currency.  And now bitcoin's price is high than anyother currency.

⎔ CRYPTOCITIZEN ┇ RULE & EARN 【 $CCASH 】
MMO RPG METAVERSE ON BSC ┇ FIGHT  • •  DRAG RACE  • •  EARN
➥ TELEGRAM ➥ TWITTER ➥ TWITCH ➥ WEBSITE  • • 【 WEBSITE 】
BlockchainGod

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:25:51 AM

It seems to me that you can not compare bitcoin and Ethereum. These coins are different and they are both important to us.

Snub

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:31:20 AM

BTC is a currency, but Ethereum is a platform for smart contracts.
As for me - if you want to invest some money - you should use BTC, but if you want to sell something using smart cotracts - you should use ETH
CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004

Campaign Management & Translation Service

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:32:40 AM

No doubt about it, bitcoin is more important than all other digital currencies because of its stability and high price. One thing more bitcoin has more potential than other crypto-currencies.
coolcountry

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:35:41 AM

I think at the moment, yes. Bitcoin is the flag carrier of cryptocurrencies, so it is definitely the most important of all cryptocurrencies.

Nancy Lisa

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 10:18:03 AM

If Bitcoin is considered as gold, then Ethereum is silver and it shouldn’t be seen as a competition.
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 10:25:12 AM

Both of this cryptocurrency are important, Ethereum is a decentralized platform that allows users to build smart contracts and distributed applications without any downtime and without any third party interference while Bitcoin cannot do that because the purpose of it is to be a decentralized peer to peer payment method. Bitcoin and Ethereum both rely on blockchain technology but they are created to have their own purposes and they are different tools. And also it does not mean that if one is well-known in some aspects means that it is more important. And I think that there is nothing to be compared here.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1499

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 10:33:28 AM

Both Bitcoin and ETH are important. Both were built for different reasons. While Bitcoin actually brings the idea of decentralization into reality, it didn't allow to build tokens or smart contract using bitcoin. So no other branding was possible using bitcoin. However, ETH is also decentralized platform, but here users can build a personalized currency using their own branding. So ETH offered more flexibility in to the blockchain market. Also ETH is the closest contender of bitcoin in terms of market cap. So it shows that people are investing heavily in these two crypto currencies over and above any other coin. So for me, both are equally important and I am holding both of these coin in my crypto portfolio.

tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:13:40 AM

Yes, Bitcoin is one step above ETH in the market cryptocurrency market. Bitcoin is the most accepted cryptocurrency worldwide, has the biggest market cap, biggest trading volume, and it has proven to be more profitable than ethereum in the long-term (this allows btc to get an influx of new money more frequently), so inverstors and the like are more 'attracted' to btc. ETH price was stagnated for a long time but It's only now that is gaining more attention due its surge in the price and faster transactions/low fees. It is true that Ethereum is the biggest altcoin in the market,  but I think it's fair to say that Btc, with almost 54% dominance in the market, is the most important cryptocurrency in the world, and there's a reason why Ethereum is considered just an "altcoin".

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
Destroyeroff98

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:29:09 AM

Well, personally for me, Bitcoin is more important.
First, Bitcoin is a currency tested for years.
Secondly, at a price you can see which currency is more important.

talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:43:06 AM

you seriously need to stop comparing two things that have nothing in common.
bitcoin is a currency which has been decentralized for the most part. and it has been acting as a currency so far too. it had no premine, no ICO, and no other kind of shenanigans for the developer to gain free tokens and dump for money. it is handling lots of transactions daily and when that number goes up nothing bad happens!

ethereum is a token that must only be used in smart contracts, it is a bloated blockchain that can not handle transactions properly and fails under pressure. it has been impossible to sync with the network if you start anew for more than 6 months now and things are getting worse. it is centralized with a huge premine which is nearly 77% of it.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Beicin

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:43:23 AM

Its hard to compare both coins as they aim to achieve different things. But if you must, Bitcoin is indeed more important right now, like the "gateway" to the crypto market. Its the coin with the most media attention and highest adoption around the world.

SilverChromia

Activity: 357

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:53:20 AM

Yes probably more important because bitcoin is not only the top but the main coins of all in other terms he is the king of the all coins in this world of cryptocurrency. We know some of other like us bitcoiners work hard for some campaigns and to earn Ethereum in the end we gain of it then after that we exchange it on what? Some peoples exchanging their ethereums into Bitcoins and they keep it for long so thats how it works and thats how Bitcoins is more important of all.

DRIFE  ●●●●●●     Pre-sale: December 2018
██ BNEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ██
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●● 
SuperD007

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

Treat People How You Would Like To Be Treated.

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:24:28 PM

I think both can co-exist perfectly well.

I wouldn't' say one is more important than the other.. sure BTC is more valuable and I don't see that changing. However, ETH also has its place.

inoymuninoy

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:26:17 PM

Bitcoin is important than ethereum because bitcoin is higher price than ethereum and bitcoin have the possibility to use as money in the world.
HasHe

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:38:33 PM

Both are totally different.Bitcoin is known to every one as a currency and ethereum is useful for smart contracts.Bitcoin has gained more popularity when compared to ethereum.Earlier,ethereum was considered as a competitor to bitcoin.But after hard fork and split in to ethereum classic,it lost its trust among most investors.Bitcoin has totally revolutionized the world economy and ethereum in no way could achieve such thing.
RavenHood

Activity: 294
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:39:18 PM

Of course yes, bitcoin is the original digital currency all over the world. I conclude that Bitcoin is most importantly more than ethereum, for me, there is the second cryptocurrency because of second highest price more than others.
sabrikks

Activity: 174

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 12:47:41 PM

for the moment yes it is more important than eth for many obvious reasons (first crypto, well know even to people how knew nothing about crypto, biggest market cap, biggest trading volume)

But who know what will happend in the future, because if there is one coin that can beat btc it's eth.

perrysaico

Activity: 121

Own Your Privacy! TOR Integrated Privacy Coin

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 12:51:28 PM

Yes for now, i think Bitcoin is more important. But i also think if the long transaction time and increasing fees go on,
there is no doubt Ethereum will be a much more preffered crypto in the future.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: