Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:35:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do we Need Altcoin?  (Read 23617 times)
bit-emperor (OP)

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:39:30 AM

There are Bitcoin, and also there are Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold and B2X that we use it as an altcoin, but do we still need other altcoins? as i knew in the forum on the altcoin section there are much announcement about new altcoins almost everyday. do we still need that altcoins?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coolcountry

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:44:32 AM

Sure, it increases variety. Think of it as different fiat currencies you may want to invest in. Just because the dollar and euro are the strongest currencies right now, doesn't mean other fiat currencies are not required?

Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:47:37 AM

There are Bitcoin, and also there are Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold and B2X that we use it as an altcoin, but do we still need other altcoins? as i knew in the forum on the altcoin section there are much announcement about new altcoins almost everyday. do we still need that altcoins?
Its not necessary but to think off that it would be nicer to engage on more altcoins since it do extent the possibility on making money just like we do experience on engaging into bitcoin. Come to think that every people have its own intellect even though lets say we wont need altcoins but there are minds who would really push that they would create a new coin and would plan to go the same path as bitcoin.Its just like that because we do have dreams to get rich either as a developer or just an investor.
Kathan

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:48:24 AM

I guess the answer is not that simple.

First things that came to my mind are:

Do you mean for the global finance market or do you mean the investment opportunity?

I think there are cryptos that have advantages versus others in certain points of usability and possibilities at the market in terms of purchasing something.
And if your only concern is about the trading and investment, i think thats up to you if you think the new currency is worth investing or not. Maybe the new one is THE crypto everone wants to participate in..then it is good that it was "founded"
Blockfolioz

Activity: 230
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 09:49:25 AM

Altcoins is a must. If we haven't got any of the altcoins now bitcoin could have never gained such a popularity as the present. When something grows it won't be valued, but the same when grow competing with something else surely the growth makes it stand apart from the rest.
WhichIsGood

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Young, Dumb & Broke

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:50:25 AM

A healthy competition is not necessarily a bad thing. In my own opinion, Altcoins are what made Bitcoin the Bitcoin today.

Tsuyuri

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:56:23 AM

Yes we need altcoins but we do not need more then we already have i think we have like 1200 coins in total and nobody follows them all everyone follows the most popular ones and they only try to follow one if they see how much they can make.
oscarrsm

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 10:04:51 AM

Altcoins that arise after hard fork in bitcoin is inevitable. Someone likes it, some do not. But without this it is impossible. And as correctly stated above "Altcoins are what made Bitcoin the Bitcoin today".
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 10:10:58 AM

I think you can consider it as a competition and also a way so the developers can be more careful with the bitcoin's development.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
TheAlchemist

Activity: 265

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:42:25 AM

Developers need bitcoin updates. And we also need this. The currency becomes stronger, faster and safer. These altcoins can not compete with bitcoin. But they can be a promising alternative.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:50:52 AM

it depends on what you have in mind when you say "need"!

altcoins are supposed to be alternative projects to bitcoin that try and do things that bitcoin can not do. for example bitcoins algorithm is Poof of Work. you can't just change that, so you create a new project and start developing different technologies. PoS comes in. then Proof of Space, and a couple of the Poof of ... that i do not recall right now. then you get technologies that are different, sometimes better, sometimes worse.

so do we need them? yes we need them to create new things. possibly even something better than bitcoin someday. hopefully.

but if we consider the current state of altcoins, the answer is no. we do not need 90% of them. because they just copy paste each other without any improvement or anything.

as a trader's perspective, yeah we need them. the more the merrier. we get more pump and dumps and lots more profit.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
MCVXYZ

Activity: 630
Merit: 24

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:15:57 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2017, 07:56:18 PM by MCVXYZ

Do you think that people don’t need ethereum or other useful altcoins? Your question depends on why do you use alts.every popular alts have their aims and goals for example ethereum focuses on running the programming code,its olso used by app developers and its better to use than bitcoin in this situation(olso it's not bad for trading too).. In my opinion its good that there are so many alts because there is  competetive environment and it causes to compete each others, wich will develop alts.I hope that,they you will find  applicable use of it.
samy_voc

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:41:46 PM

Alt coins are for newbie;s.

ALl folks who had bought Bitcoin family 2 years back are having a joy ride now. For them it is not a loss.

The real money is pumped in recently.
IamHigh

Activity: 170

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:42:49 PM

You was good until you count bitcoin cash and other garbage bitcoin forks. If you trust bitcoin, please stay with them only. Don't try for the forks. They're not different than any other alt coin out there.
Baimovic

Activity: 1210

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:51:46 PM

yes, we know that under the bitcoin there are hundreds of altcoins which every time keeps growing, I think one of altcoin's goals is to balance the bitcoin price, and also with the appearance of new altcoin is wanting to be a high value altcoin. and are in great demand by everyone. or there is also a coin of its nature to know how the response in the market. so coin like this does not have a definite future.

CryptoClown

Activity: 261

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:54:25 PM

Definitely. I could't imagine the price of Bitcoin now if there are no altcoins to make its price into something that we can afford somehow. Also, altcoins gives us an opportunity to invest into something where price is still lower since we won't be experiencing that feeling on Bitcoin. Grin
Freddy973

Activity: 163

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:36:31 PM

Too many altcoinsssss

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
jjbanks994

Activity: 255
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:41:32 PM

I agree that there a lot of altcoins, but I think altcoins make the way for great tech and innovations. Of course you have BTC, but alts have so much potential for different applications.
torrantz

Activity: 1063
Merit: 253

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:58:11 PM

We need altcoin because it was better on its scalability than bitcoin cash or b2x(die coin because 2x already cancelled) Just like ethereum cost me around 2 cents for each fast transaction rather than bitcoin cost me some dollars for each transaction.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
saycryptohello

Activity: 574

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:08:49 PM

Yes, but anyway have a bitcoin&ethereum biggest  proportion
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: