Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:22:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 171 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED  (Read 286589 times)
elambert (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 11:42:55 PM

All sent, btw! Faucet still running!
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AussieBTC

Activity: 61
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:30:08 AM

Great to see new wallet coming up, developers are doing a lot for this coin.
Cryptsy is going crazy LTC/CGB, someone is buying all the coins, am i missing something in the media?

Nice to see increase.

jalmari

Activity: 814
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:28:55 AM

My favorite thing: Proof of Work/Proof of Stake Hybrid

5aP69mggzjRfUwUnpAPHTEffbsv4anUrJL

Thanks!

▄▄██▄▄
          ▄▄██████████▄▄
      ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
  ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▄▄
▄█████████▀▀          ▀▀█████████▄
██████▀▀        ▄▄        ▀▀██████
██████      ▄▄██████▄▄      ██████
██████    ██████████████    ██████
██████      ▀▀██████▀▀      ██████
██████          ▀▀        ▄▄██████
▀█████    ▄▄          ▄▄█████████▀
   ▀▀█    ████▄▄ ▄▄██████████▀▀
          ████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀██████████▀▀
              ▀▀██▀▀
P H O R E

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █
    KryptKoin rebranded to Phore   
     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
PoS 3.0  –  Masternodes  –  Zerocoin

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █

▄▄██▄▄
        ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████▀▀████████▄▄
 ▄████████▀▀      ▀▀████████▄
▐█████▀▀              ▀▀█████▌
▐████       ▄▄██▄▄       ████▌
▐████    ▄██████████▄    ████▌
▐████    ████████████    ████▌
▐████    ▀██████████▀    ████▌
▐████       ▀▀██▀▀       ████▌
 ▀███                 ▄▄█████▌
    ▀    █▄▄      ▄▄████████▀
         █████▄▄████████▀▀
         ▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀██▀▀
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:31:00 AM

All sent, btw! Faucet still running!

You've got a CGB faucet?  What's the url?  I'd like to visit to pick up some CGB.
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:37:45 AM

To be honest, my favorite thing about CGB is kinda dumb: it's that it's the only alt currency I own.  I only have BTC and CGB.  So that's my favorite thing about it!

Thanks in advance:

5YP6DTZsQM9h9Yg2mEME5fZrEP5nnV4DPt
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:56:15 AM

All sent  Wink
FiniteRed

Activity: 346
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 10:02:33 AM

There is actually ~1/21 ratio to BTC though, not 1/12th.

ha! Good point - It's even better then I first thought! go CGB!

[G]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ] ~ [ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[H]
jalmari

Activity: 814
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:50:19 PM

My favorite thing: Proof of Work/Proof of Stake Hybrid

5aP69mggzjRfUwUnpAPHTEffbsv4anUrJL

Thanks!

▄▄██▄▄
          ▄▄██████████▄▄
      ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
  ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▄▄
▄█████████▀▀          ▀▀█████████▄
██████▀▀        ▄▄        ▀▀██████
██████      ▄▄██████▄▄      ██████
██████      ▀▀██████▀▀      ██████
██████          ▀▀        ▄▄██████
▀█████    ▄▄          ▄▄█████████▀
   ▀▀█    ████▄▄ ▄▄██████████▀▀
          ████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀██████████▀▀
              ▀▀██▀▀
P H O R E

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █
    KryptKoin rebranded to Phore   
     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
PoS 3.0  –  Masternodes  –  Zerocoin

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █

▄▄██▄▄
        ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████▀▀████████▄▄
 ▄████████▀▀      ▀▀████████▄
▐█████▀▀              ▀▀█████▌
▐████       ▄▄██▄▄       ████▌
▐████    ▄██████████▄    ████▌
▐████    ████████████    ████▌
▐████    ▀██████████▀    ████▌
▐████       ▀▀██▀▀       ████▌
 ▀███                 ▄▄█████▌
    ▀    █▄▄      ▄▄████████▀
         █████▄▄████████▀▀
         ▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀██▀▀
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 06:55:08 PM

Thanks to the CGB folks.  I really hope this currency does well.  I'd like to know more about the proof of stake thing.  Can anyone give me (or point me to)  a quick synopsis?
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:27:15 PM

Thanks to the CGB folks.  I really hope this currency does well.  I'd like to know more about the proof of stake thing.  Can anyone give me (or point me to)  a quick synopsis?

Here you go my friend:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Proof_of_Stake
redphlegm

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

My spoon is too big!

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:44:12 PM

What I haven't quite figured out, believe it or not, is how one takes advantage of proof of stake. I seem to recall somewhere that your client has to do PoS mining and if you encrypt your wallet that you have to do something else to get PoS mining going. I have been meaning to research this for a while but have just been continuing to put it on the back burner. Maybe I'll finally get to it this weekend.

Happy Friday, everyone. I hope everyone who is interested is taking advantage of the comparatively low CGB prices while they last.

Whiskey Fund: (BTC) 1whiSKeYMRevsJMAQwU8NY1YhvPPMjTbM | (Ψ) ALcoHoLsKUfdmGfHVXEShtqrEkasihVyqW
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:48:56 PM

What I haven't quite figured out, believe it or not, is how one takes advantage of proof of stake. I seem to recall somewhere that your client has to do PoS mining and if you encrypt your wallet that you have to do something else to get PoS mining going. I have been meaning to research this for a while but have just been continuing to put it on the back burner. Maybe I'll finally get to it this weekend.

Happy Friday, everyone. I hope everyone who is interested is taking advantage of the comparatively low CGB prices while they last.

Killiz addressed this briefly here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=245086.msg4572211#msg4572211

FYI, unlocking your wallet every 90 days will assure you of earning max PoS interest (1.5% annually). 30 days will get you 1.2% annually.
Slingshot

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:42:03 AM

FYI, unlocking your wallet every 90 days will assure you of earning max PoS interest (1.5% annually). 30 days will get you 1.2% annually.
Hi,
 So I finally got around to doing the stake minting, but it failed to accept my passphase which was verified as the correct phrase. I followed the prior instructions, again, and again. That was a couple of weeks ago.

Then last week I noticed I was using the prior Qt wallet, not the newest one.

1. Was that the problem possibly - the Qt wallet was not the newest one???

2. Or was I just not doing something correctly instead??? 

I am a bit baffled.

3. Lastly, can we simply not stake mint for several months or longer, and still get our stakes eventually, and
    will they be just as large as the "every 90 days" stake minting percentage returns??? Or More??? Or less???

4.  Or is the every 90 days minting the most Optimum point to get maximized returns???

I ask this because of course it was pointed out that every 30 days is less than optimum, so I can only
    wonder if I did minting only once a year it would also be less than Optimum??? Or Not???

SO:
===

The instructions for stake minting given were easy enough for myself to follow, yet slightly confusing as to exactly what to precisely input.

I tried all the various possibilities given the instructions laid out, to get the client to accept my password and other data needing to be imputed, all to get the stake minting engaged, as instructed here prior, but the input typed always rejected my pass-phrase, even though I verified my pass-phrase was absolutely correct.

So I am Still baffled, but haven't yet tried it with the newest Qt wallet client so again, so maybe that was the issue???

-------------------------
Please reply & advise!

Maybe clarifying those prior instructions again here below, with an exact example phrase to type into the Qt Client would greatly help not only myself, but others too. Surely if I am having troubles so to will others, because many of us are not so bright as to figure these technical things like this ourselves, sad, but true, lol.

Please Note:
--------------
 Lastly, I didn't care at all for the plain text passphrase sitting there in the client after it was typed. Maybe something can be done to blank out or ****************** out the passphrase while typed, so that at least no screenshot Trojans could possibly grab that text when typed, or while sitting there in plain text.

Still, that doesn't solve the key-logger Trojans issue, and why I dedicate a laptop solely for only my Wallet-Qt clients, and absolutely nothing else but supporting those Qt Wallets. That PC is used for absolutely nothing else at all. 

Also seriously consider testing any new Qt-wallets from lesser known Crypto's in a Virtual Machine. Consider
the easy to use https://www.virtualbox.org/ there for the taking.

Lastly: It only takes one malicious Qt from any crypto type to ruin one's portfolio. Beware. So far most of us have been lucky. That might not last.

I have been burned last summer by a Mega download of another Alt. coin Qt wallet Client, and right then gotten a severe infection at the same point in time which just as soon as downloaded also fully disabled password protected Kaspersy Internet Security of all things!!!

Lucky for me that was on my mining rig which I also never used for anything but mining until that fateful moment way back last summer. It was a bit lucky and strange how it happened on a PC that didn't matter if it was harmed.

A time consuming full hard drive wipe, and saved backup image got me back up relatively quickly, if not painlessly, but still it was something to learn from!  Simply put I will NEVER use Mega download site ever again. Their policies stink (forcing crap onto our PC's that we know nothing about merely to utilize them. That crap doesn't occur on https google drive, at all, not ever. I don't care for google per say either, but at least their not injecting my PC's with any code, much less malicious code, or worse.

So for everyone's security: Be safe, and segregate your Wallets by dedicating a PC to them if at all possible, and don't use that PC for anything else what so ever, if at all possible, and without exception.

Also seriously consider getting/setting up an ALWAYS OFFLINE PC for your btc signing offline.

I also request the same ability for CGB too (Offline wallet sig signing), so that we can sign our transactions OFFLINE, and then transfer them to an Online PC wallet client by way of a flash drive transfer, so that there is hardly any chance of losing cgb coins to any trojan wallet viruses. Something such as or like Amory would be a fantastic addition for CGB.

Sadly I am not a developer or I would help out there. Still, to get thought of as a most serious investment by many we need to get something either like Amory and Trazer hardware wallet for CGB, asap. And they both need to be made to be dummy proof, redundant, and quick, and needless to say extremely secure.

This is a race to the marketplace in 2014. We're all burning daylight. This is a real race, like it or not, and it's winners take all, or so it suddenly seems.

The first ones into the mainstream marketplace are likely going to be the ones to take the lions share of the marketplace. It just usually (but not always) works out that way.

And others that come later tend to need to offer much more to get much headway, and otherwise their simply hardly ever widely adopted.

So far it's merely Bitcoin taking the mainstream marketplace by storm.

The next few or more Crypto types may also get widely accepted too, but nothing is assured, and we all have to earn CGB's way into the mainstream marketplace.

After those first into the marketplace it's anyone's guess if any more, or how many more, might be able to work their way into the marketplace. 2014 is all about Marketing.

From here out it's how well this is packaged, and how well it's pushed and forced into the mainstream.

I will do what I can myself, and I will always support CGB, and around 15 other crypto's including Bitcoin.

But I am not certain if there is room for 16 Crypto's in the global marketplace.

It's anyone's guess how many dozens will be acceptable to the masses.

And after all, it's up to them, not any of us, who and what gets accepted. I wildly guess 16 will be accepted.

As for my questions above: Thanks for the help, ahead of time.

Best Regards,

Caveat emptor
skharrah

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:41:37 AM

Favorite thing?   This coin is giving us small time miners something to mine for, it's viable to devote all my khash!    Here's to 2014!

5obYyGDNGuH8j5FcECvHDjTdDvTJh3xTY6
GoldBit89

Activity: 526
Merit: 500

Its all about the Gold

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:41:02 AM

My favorite thing i like is flat out the design.

5XFLwcogrB8gjFbWgZxsgeWRJnxJX8qqnu

thanks.

FTC  6nvzqqaCEizThvgMeC86MGzhAxGzKEtNH8 |WDC WckDxipCes2eBmxrUYEhrUfNNRZexKuYjR  |BQC bSDm3XvauqWWnqrxfimw5wdHVDQDp2U8XU
BOT EjcroqeMpZT4hphY4xYDzTQakwutpnufQR |BTG geLUGuJkhnvuft77ND6VrMvc8vxySKZBUz |LTC  LhXbJMzCqLEzGBKgB2n73oce448BxX1dc4
BTC 1JPzHugtBtPwXgwMqt9rtdwRxxWyaZvk61  |ETH 0xA6cCD2Fb3AC2450646F8D8ebeb14f084F392ACFf
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:57:24 AM

Here you go my friend:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Proof_of_Stake

Thanks, reading now.... Will reply here, with questions almost certainly.
Dragooon

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:19:04 AM

Has there been progress on getting CGB on other exchanges such as BTC-e or Vircurex?

▒ NOW token ▒ by ChangeNOW ▒ Get the WIN! ▒
ChangeNOW - an instant Non-custodial Exchange Service  (( changenow.io ))
Whitepaper  ▓  Telegram  ▓  Twitter  ▓  Facebook  ▓  Medium  ▓  Reddit  ▓  Bounty Thread
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 01:13:00 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2014, 01:24:46 PM by elambert

Hi,
 So I finally got around to doing the stake minting, but it failed to accept my passphase which was verified as the correct phrase. I followed the prior instructions, again, and again. That was a couple of weeks ago.

Then last week I noticed I was using the prior Qt wallet, not the newest one.

1. Was that the problem possibly - the Qt wallet was not the newest one???

2. Or was I just not doing something correctly instead???  

I am a bit baffled.

3. Lastly, can we simply not stake mint for several months or longer, and still get our stakes eventually, and
    will they be just as large as the "every 90 days" stake minting percentage returns??? Or More??? Or less???

4.  Or is the every 90 days minting the most Optimum point to get maximized returns???

I ask this because of course it was pointed out that every 30 days is less than optimum, so I can only
    wonder if I did minting only once a year it would also be less than Optimum??? Or Not???

SO:
===

The instructions for stake minting given were easy enough for myself to follow, yet slightly confusing as to exactly what to precisely input.

I tried all the various possibilities given the instructions laid out, to get the client to accept my password and other data needing to be imputed, all to get the stake minting engaged, as instructed here prior, but the input typed always rejected my pass-phrase, even though I verified my pass-phrase was absolutely correct.

So I am Still baffled, but haven't yet tried it with the newest Qt wallet client so again, so maybe that was the issue???

Please reply & advise!

Maybe clarifying those prior instructions again here below, with an exact example phrase to type into the Qt Client would greatly help not only myself, but others too. Surely if I am having troubles so to will others, because many of us are not so bright as to figure these technical things like this ourselves, sad, but true, lol.

Please Note:
--------------
 Lastly, I didn't care at all for the plain text passphrase sitting there in the client after it was typed. Maybe something can be done to blank out or ****************** out the passphrase while typed, so that at least no screenshot Trojans could possibly grab that text when typed, or while sitting there in plain text.

Still, that doesn't solve the key-logger Trojans issue, and why I dedicate a laptop solely for only my Wallet-Qt clients, and absolutely nothing else but supporting those Qt Wallets. That PC is used for absolutely nothing else at all.  

Also seriously consider testing any new Qt-wallets from lesser known Crypto's in a Virtual Machine. Consider
the easy to use https://www.virtualbox.org/ there for the taking.

Lastly: It only takes one malicious Qt from any crypto type to ruin one's portfolio. Beware. So far most of us have been lucky. That might not last.

I have been burned last summer by a Mega download of another Alt. coin Qt wallet Client, and right then gotten a severe infection at the same point in time which just as soon as downloaded also fully disabled password protected Kaspersy Internet Security of all things!!!

Lucky for me that was on my mining rig which I also never used for anything but mining until that fateful moment way back last summer. It was a bit lucky and strange how it happened on a PC that didn't matter if it was harmed.

A time consuming full hard drive wipe, and saved backup image got me back up relatively quickly, if not painlessly, but still it was something to learn from!  Simply put I will NEVER use Mega download site ever again. Their policies stink (forcing crap onto our PC's that we know nothing about merely to utilize them. That crap doesn't occur on https google drive, at all, not ever. I don't care for google per say either, but at least their not injecting my PC's with any code, much less malicious code, or worse.

So for everyone's security: Be safe, and segregate your Wallets by dedicating a PC to them if at all possible, and don't use that PC for anything else what so ever, if at all possible, and without exception.

Also seriously consider getting/setting up an ALWAYS OFFLINE PC for your btc signing offline.

I also request the same ability for CGB too (Offline wallet sig signing), so that we can sign our transactions OFFLINE, and then transfer them to an Online PC wallet client by way of a flash drive transfer, so that there is hardly any chance of losing cgb coins to any trojan wallet viruses. Something such as or like Amory would be a fantastic addition for CGB.

Sadly I am not a developer or I would help out there. Still, to get thought of as a most serious investment by many we need to get something either like Amory and Trazer hardware wallet for CGB, asap. And they both need to be made to be dummy proof, redundant, and quick, and needless to say extremely secure.

This is a race to the marketplace in 2014. We're all burning daylight. This is a real race, like it or not, and it's winners take all, or so it suddenly seems.

The first ones into the mainstream marketplace are likely going to be the ones to take the lions share of the marketplace. It just usually (but not always) works out that way.

And others that come later tend to need to offer much more to get much headway, and otherwise their simply hardly ever widely adopted.

So far it's merely Bitcoin taking the mainstream marketplace by storm.

The next few or more Crypto types may also get widely accepted too, but nothing is assured, and we all have to earn CGB's way into the mainstream marketplace.

After those first into the marketplace it's anyone's guess if any more, or how many more, might be able to work their way into the marketplace. 2014 is all about Marketing.

From here out it's how well this is packaged, and how well it's pushed and forced into the mainstream.

I will do what I can myself, and I will always support CGB, and around 15 other crypto's including Bitcoin.

But I am not certain if there is room for 16 Crypto's in the global marketplace.

It's anyone's guess how many dozens will be acceptable to the masses.

And after all, it's up to them, not any of us, who and what gets accepted. I wildly guess 16 will be accepted.

As for my questions above: Thanks for the help, ahead of time.

Best Regards,

Caveat emptor

Let me see if I can help here, I hope I address all of your questions. You can always reach out to the team via the website support https://cryptogenicbullion.org as well.

- You should download the new client from the website mentioned above
- The old client will still work for your interest earnings, so that was not your issue
- Unlocking your wallet every 30 days will get you 1.2% interest per year, every 90 days 1.5% interest
- 90 days is the max weight so waiting > 90 days will still earn you the interest accrued over the 90 days (1 year would equal 90 days as an example)
- I will get with the dev team regarding your Armory request

Command for unlocking you wallet to collect interest (remember to do this every 30 days at the minimum and every 90 days as the maximum - every 90 days is the ideal for max interest) - NOTE: Do not type the < > symbols.

PC:
walletpassphrase <passphrase> 999999

Mac:
walletpassphrase <"passphrase"> 999999

Hope this helps and thanks for the feedback and advice - good stuff! I am going to send you a CGB for the input Smiley Please provide you addy
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 01:24:05 PM

Has there been progress on getting CGB on other exchanges such as BTC-e or Vircurex?

We continue to send communications but nothing definitive that I have heard. We also continue to reach out to other exchanges. The community can definitely help by submitting requests to their choice exchanges.

Also we are working on growing the community so any social media support is welcomed. Some coins have numerous twitter accounts posting coin specific things, news, price, etc. CB has one that I run but others would certainly help to spread the word of CB.

CGB stands out for those in the know as an alternative to the clone war/max-minting crypto-currencies as it is a scarce - storage of wealth - interest bearing crypto-commodity. CGB is one of a kind in a watered down landscape. Lets continue to spread the word and bring as many people along for the ride as possible!
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 01:25:00 PM

All sent btw!
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 171 »
  Print  

Jump to: