Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:10:14 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED  (Read 286590 times)
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:50:21 AM

Thanks, I'll double check on cryptsy, I cant recall which exchange I looked at recently where there was literally no volume.

Probably Allcrypt.

or Bittrex

Just checked bittrex, volume of trade on cgb is 0.  Is there any exchange with active cgb trading going on?

Cryptsy usually has some volume. Lately the volume has been constantly low. CGB is always on the low volume page of coinmarketcap as well. I guess that's why it's called bullion not coin Smiley

Ok, I think you have a good point which is partly reflected in elambert's giant-ass TL;DR just below your post.  Smiley  Still, to know the value of a CGB, doesn't there have to be some demand for it?  I'm a bit confused on this point.
papersheepdog

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 04:01:07 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2014, 04:15:42 AM by papersheepdog

CGB Core Team Weekly Update – May 7, 2014

Please also see the Reddit post for further discussion.

Over the next couple of months we have a lot to look forward to. The next client release date is drawing near and is expected to be by end of month. As mentioned in a recent Weekly Update, “... we will be balancing the PoS/PoW block creation, as well as adding minting visualization, GUI unlock for minting, modern new look, and multiple Novacoin fixes.” This is a significant release and it will be marked as version 1.1.7. It will be a mandatory update due to the core protocol security updates.

Cryptogenic Bullion will be celebrating its first birthday at the end of June and we invite you all to participate! We need to work together to really push the CGB brand out there. This is where we need help in generating the awareness of what CGB is and what makes it unique. In the Marketing Section of the CGB Official Website, there is a section called Brand Guidance which begins to shape the image of what people feel Cryptogenic Bullion represents. We need your help to not only share these ideas in creative new ways, but to help develop them and strengthen CGB's appeal.

Cryptogenic Bullion, and the crypto-communities at large can be found on the BitcoinTalk Forums, Reddit, Twitter, and others. It is important that we participate in as many of these media as possible in order to maximize exposure of relevant events and ideas. We strongly encourage you all to post content and discussion on our subReddit, in particular. Reddit provides a way for communities to organize links, posts, and comments as forums never could and for this reason, we need to put our focus on it for the long term. It is an enormous help when important information is crossposted to multiple locations. For example, this Weekly Update will be posted to Reddit, then to BCT Forums (with a link back to the Reddit post for discussion), and to Twitter. Of course it's also posted to the CGB Official Website, and we may enable RSS feeds, but the point is that the message can spread much further this way.

Be active, post more, discuss ideas, create media, print and distribute promotional material, educate yourself, educate investors, translate CGB, spread paper wallets, get in the media, write a blog post, help develop CGB, donate, spread news, create more ideas! You all have to make it happen, the CGB Core Team is here for guidance.

The CGB Core Team

papersheepdog

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 04:29:18 AM

Thanks, I'll double check on cryptsy, I cant recall which exchange I looked at recently where there was literally no volume.

Probably Allcrypt.

or Bittrex

Just checked bittrex, volume of trade on cgb is 0.  Is there any exchange with active cgb trading going on?

Cryptsy usually has some volume. Lately the volume has been constantly low. CGB is always on the low volume page of coinmarketcap as well. I guess that's why it's called bullion not coin Smiley

Ok, I think you have a good point which is partly reflected in elambert's giant-ass TL;DR just below your post.  Smiley  Still, to know the value of a CGB, doesn't there have to be some demand for it?  I'm a bit confused on this point.

I'll try not to wall of text you but here is a relevant quote from the CGB Official Website under the Learn More section (CGB Life Cycle)

Cryptogenic Bullion is unlike many other crypto-currencies in that its initial inflationary period was configured to taper off to its long-term inflationary rate within one year of its initial deployment. It is quickly approaching this point, meaning that CGB is currently beginning the next phase of its life cycle. It is currently the only second generation crypto-currency in the position to attract investment based on its ability to store wealth without losing a significant portion to inflation. We are further encouraged to hold it by the 1.5% interest rate earned on savings. The future supply of CGB is very well known and stable which is one less potential negative that an investor has to worry about when assessing the value of CGB.

I just wanted to point out that everything has a life cycle and investment is about predicting changes in demand. I need some sleep... Smiley

tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:36:03 AM

Ok, thanks a lot for the pointer.  I'll do some thinking on this myself and see if I can catch up to you guys mentally.  I'm definitely not very sophisticated when it comes to this topic and that's something that I need to change.
elambert (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 10:21:33 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2014, 01:06:22 PM by elambert

CGB's 1st birthday is coming up on June 27th! Come join our planning discussion on Reddit!
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 12:42:26 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2014, 01:20:26 PM by BTCat

Graz to the buyers at these insane lows. Can't believe people selling at this point, it's a big buying opportunity imho, for as long it lasts.
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:24:14 PM

Good suggestion over on Reddit for CGB's upcoming birthday on June 27th! If you have any suggestions, please share here or on Reddit.

Run a competition from the twenty-seventh of this month 'til The Day:
how many people can you introduce to cryptos?
the Rules are that the person must have a synched wallet with a few bucks' worth of coin -- community exchange!! -- and know how to send coin, and how to back up their wallet.
If it's a business, offer to be a 'buddy,' providing technical assistance.
Mark Blair, Unicup, Western Australia
hughjays77

Activity: 728
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 10:30:29 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2014, 10:52:10 PM by hughjays77

I havent been on CGB forum for a while. I sent some CGB over to crptsy over 12hrs ago and its still not showing up. I am using client version wallet 1.1.6.7 and it is syncing fine. Any issues I should aware of or should I just contact cryptsy ?
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 10:42:35 PM

I havent been on CRB forum for a while. I sent some CGB over to crptsy over 12hrs ago and its still not showing up. I am using client version wallet 1.1.6.7 and it is syncing fine. Any issues I should aware of or should I just contact cryptsy ?

No issues with CGB. I would suggest opening a support ticket with Cryptsy. They will get you straightened out. Smiley
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 05:48:47 AM

some pretty striaght lines in the chart lately. Are we being pumped and dumped ?

Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 05:52:36 AM

I'm very Surprised with CGB, It's Doing well for an old Crypto (Well not that old) even though its at half the Price it was valued at originally.

Great work from the CGB Team, A lot we can learn from them  Wink
dygus
Legendary

Activity: 1193
Merit: 1000

Peaky Blinder

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:03:38 AM

I'm very Surprised with CGB, It's Doing well for an old Crypto (Well not that old) even though its at half the Price it was valued at originally.

Great work from the CGB Team, A lot we can learn from them  Wink

Doing welll Huh What are you talking about there is no buy support. The price and volume is so fucking low that it looks like dead coin. CGB has almost a year and we have only 137 pages on this thread were ppl talk how "CGB is a great coin". We need buyers.

Elambert has you thought about multipools were miners could mine most profitable coins and automatically buy cgb?

CHANGE FINANCE First Decentralised Global Crypto Bank
[color=#15B5E2 ]LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
BTCat
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 09:37:15 AM

Great work from the CGB Team, A lot we can learn from them  Wink

Doing welll Huh What are you talking about there is no buy support. The price and volume is so fucking low that it looks like dead coin. CGB has almost a year and we have only 137 pages on this thread were ppl talk how "CGB is a great coin". We need buyers.

Elambert has you thought about multipools were miners could mine most profitable coins and automatically buy cgb?

CGB is a great solid coin! That being said, I agree with these critics as well, CGB is weak on the market and it's demotivating. It's not just CGB, almost all the altcoins, and even Bitcoin is crawling through the bottomranges, CGB does not stand out to be the stronger one. I'm very positive about the future, the new dev team setup and weekly updates so thanks for that guys. On the other hand I'm dissapointed by the lack of active involvement from the community.

If every holder of CGB's would dedicate at least 20 minutes per day to some smaller efforts to promote, vote and help develop CGB, that can make a huge difference. We need more buzz and more active support, more people to contact interesting businesses to get involved, then new investors will jump in more soon. If you have been sitting passively to see what happens with your coin and let others do the work, I suggest to not be lazy, get more actively involved to add value to your investment. If we all join forces, this can become a big thing.

There's no way I'm gonna sell my CGB's in this range, after all the developments it's severely undervalued, market will soak up weak hands more longer and then the price can continue to grow again. Be patient, and in the meantime do something for your coin to add value.  
dygus
Legendary

Activity: 1193
Merit: 1000

Peaky Blinder

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 10:22:48 AM

CGB is a great solid coin! That being said, I agree with these critics as well, CGB is weak on the market and it's demotivating. It's not just CGB, almost all the altcoins, and even Bitcoin is crawling through the bottomranges, CGB does not stand out to be the stronger one. I'm very positive about the future, the new dev team setup and weekly updates so thanks for that guys. On the other hand I'm dissapointed by the lack of active involvement from the community.

If every holder of CGB's would dedicate at least 20 minutes per day to some smaller efforts to promote, vote and help develop CGB, that can make a huge difference. We need more buzz and more active support, more people to contact interesting businesses to get involved, then new investors will jump in more soon. If you have been sitting passively to see what happens with your coin and let others do the work, I suggest to not be lazy, get more actively involved to add value to your investment. If we all join forces, this can become a big thing.

There's no way I'm gonna sell my CGB's in this range, after all the developments it's severely undervalued, market will soak up weak hands more longer and then the price can continue to grow again. Be patient, and in the meantime do something for your coin to add value.  

I know that CGB is solid coin, but when I look at the earlier posts it looks like circle of mutual adoration.
What about multipools? CGB won't be profitable in minning anymore, so I think it is good idea.

CHANGE FINANCE First Decentralised Global Crypto Bank
[color=#15B5E2 ]LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 10:27:18 AM
Last edit: May 13, 2014, 10:40:27 AM by elambert

Yes, we have had some intense debates within the team regarding the multipool idea and it something that remains on the table. The primary concern is sustainability. Surely a pump would occur, but where does that leave us in the long term? PSD elaborates a bit on this idea here.

That being said, we are not sitting idly by. We have a major upgraded client in the works and some very exciting marketing campaigns to coordinate with its release as well as with CGB's 1st birthday on June 27th!

I am not pleased with the current price point but I was not pleased with the price point when it was .005 either, so we have lofty goals and ambitions and will continue to work hard to bring them to fruition.

BTCat has been a huge supporter and if we were fortunate enough to have a few more supporters like him, I think we would see some exponential community growth which would of course impact price favorably.

Again, we have encountered an excellent opportunity for those who are interested in CGB. One can actually pick up .1% of the overall CGB (1000 CGB) for a low price of $250-300 currently! I feel this is an excellent long term opportunity for the prudent investor who is looking to diversify their retirement savings plan by locking away a portion of their respective portfolio in a minimal risk, interest bearing, and potentially high yield Cryptogenic Bullion retirement savings account.

Get yourself a stake, start earning interest and show your support by helping CGB get exposure to our niche of investors, those looking towards their future.

The goal is for CGB to be the platinum to Bitcoins gold.

digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 10:42:29 AM

have you thought perhaps about getting CGB away from and onto other exchanges besides Cryptsy?  

looking forward to the updated wallet, at the moment i have a small amount of CGB that i've kept for stake an added to over the past year.  I now have almost 1500 in my wallet, but also feel a little burned the way its been manipulated on cryptsy.  If i had spent the same amount of btc on CGB now at current cryptsy i would have 3-4x my current holdings, i'm not too obsessed about it, but i think CGB price would be more steady and resistant to manipulation and dumps if it were distributed across more exchanges then it is currently and a multipool was setup for it as well.

btw coinex should be removed from the exchange list, as the wallets were hacked and all coins stolen.  Anyone purchasing CGB there would not be able to withdraw it. 

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
BTCat
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 10:52:33 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2014, 10:04:45 PM by BTCat

Thanks Elambert  Wink

have you thought perhaps about getting CGB away from and onto other exchanges besides Cryptsy?  

Exchanges where CGB is listed. 6 of them were added in the last 3 months:

Vault of Satoshi (canadian dollar market)
Cryptsy
Ecoinfund (chinese)
Cryptokopen
Allcrypt
Bittrex
Coins-e
Coinex
Swaphole
PTOPEX
Comkort
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 10:53:57 AM

looking forward to the updated wallet, at the moment i have a small amount of CGB that i've kept for stake an added to over the past year.  I now have almost 1500 in my wallet, but also feel a little burned the way its been manipulated on cryptsy.  If i had spent the same amount of btc on CGB now at current cryptsy i would have 3-4x my current holdings, i'm not too obsessed about it, but i think CGB price would be more steady and resistant to manipulation and dumps if it were distributed across more exchanges then it is currently and a multipool was setup for it as well.

btw coinex should be removed from the exchange list, as the wallets were hacked and all coins stolen.  Anyone purchasing CGB there would not be able to withdraw it. 

CGB is available for trade on numerous exchanges at this point. However I think those most familiar with CGB trade at Cryptsy. The Achilles heel remains the difficulty in assembling a dedicated community of support. We will get there, but definitely not there yet.
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 10:51:44 PM

Digit, I don't have anywhere near as much as you, but can you say a bit more about the manipulation you observe at cryptsy?  I'm thinking about getting into more active trading but I'm pretty new so I'm trying to learn more first.
mvdheuvel1983

Activity: 1050
Merit: 370

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 04:29:09 PM

Digit, I don't have anywhere near as much as you, but can you say a bit more about the manipulation you observe at cryptsy?  I'm thinking about getting into more active trading but I'm pretty new so I'm trying to learn more first.

There is barely any trading going on and no buying pressure to counter the possible dumping of PoS blocks by cryptsy itself? I don't know how big their wallet is.

With a multipool at least you create some constant buying support and keep the price where it is (or maybe higher?).
Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 »
  Print  

Jump to: