Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:11:07 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED  (Read 286590 times)
Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 2221

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 11:32:43 PM

Just don't Tweerk - I mean Tweek the coin like DMD Diamond Coin has gone and done.

*Rattle* *Rattle* 5SAyTsyg68dGf1uWZ4kvbZuWY8sTtQo3w7

Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 2221

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 11:37:39 PM

Thought i try and track a a few deposits of CGB i've made in the past to cr*ptsy but i've only made a few so am limited to following those txs, but I found this interesting address that has had a large amount of CGB moved to it recently and has a balance of 180001 CGB.
Now I could be mistaken but i believe its a crypsty wallet that will be seen to stake at a later point in the year. The tidy 20k inputs are from addresses that can be seen to have staked previously and have held large amounts of CGB. Maybe its is a mid year tidy up (after all the previous splitting from PoS) for the "owner" Cheesy

http://blocks.gotcrypto.net/address/5SHzAQkDJ6w9fH6c7rC8C5Bxiu1pyMLbcs

Maybe if some others could track a few of their historic deposits and see if they end up at same addresses on http://blocks.gotcrypto.net/, it would give a better idea of how much CGB is controlled by the exchange.  This address alone contains over 18% or nearly 1/5 of total CGB that exists. Shocked

(lot of Blah)

I would bet it is cryptsy's address. It makes sense to me for them to have most of their deposited CGB stored in one address, to stake it every 30 days, sell off the interest and be done with it every month.

I would suspect so as well, though it can be really difficult to tell who does what. It landed at the exact same ~180k as another address that I thought was cryptsy before (starting with 5ieyes or something). Honestly this is the wild west, we can't really control or even really know what is going on behind the scenes. Pure free market.

Does Cryptsy pass on PoW/PoS to depositors?  Are you sure?  Does any other Exchange pass on this Stake? (Examples please).

*Rattle* *Rattle* 5SAyTsyg68dGf1uWZ4kvbZuWY8sTtQo3w7

IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 03:11:01 AM

Well, dump me in a room with rubber walls, but I reckon we should be stakin' out this territory this very minute:

http://cointelegraph.com/news/111477/first_nz_bitcoin_grocery_store_reports_huge_orders

Mark Blair, Australia
CGB: the coin they talk about in the Stock Exchange Cafe
kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 03:21:06 AM

FUD. this coin is going nowhere.

IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 04:10:48 AM

And meanwhile, as we steam into Nowhere:

'Think about a portfolio. Here are several over which I wouldn't quibble:
One: Bitcoin (70%); Dark Coin (20%); a stake in the Etherium Project, one way or another (10%)
Two: Bitcoin (80%); Nxt (15%); Ripple (5%)
Three: Bitcoin (60%); Nxt (20%); Etherium Project (10%) -- and buy a packet of CGB, and hang out with the 'consultancy community' there.'

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article45939.html

[ cross-published here as well:
http://virtualmining.com/bitcoin-whales-the-mt-gox-collapse-good-riddance/]

Wow! Okay, I will write future articles with more care -- I truly didn't think this until-recently-anti-Bitcoin editor would print this. How times change!
Please offer advice about what I might 'slant' such articles toward -- assuming 'Buy CGB!' as a given -- and how much of my energy you think should be directed to this 'current' of development.

Mark Blair, Austalia
CGB: the coin they talk about at the Stock Market Cafe
elambert (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 10:24:13 AM

One: Bitcoin (70%); Dark Coin (20%); a stake in the Etherium Project, one way or another (10%)
Three: Bitcoin (60%); Nxt (20%); Etherium Project (10%) -- and buy a packet of CGB, and hang out with the 'consultancy community' there.'

Wow! Okay, I will write future articles with more care -- I truly didn't think this until-recently-anti-Bitcoin editor would print this. How times change!
Please offer advice about what I might 'slant' such articles toward -- assuming 'Buy CGB!' as a given -- and how much of my energy you think should be directed to this 'current' of development.

Mark Blair, Austalia

Excellent write up Mark! Very good read! I have shared this article via social media.

Does Cryptsy pass on PoW/PoS to depositors?  Are you sure?  Does any other Exchange pass on this Stake? (Examples please).
Cryptsy does not pass on PoS stake to depositors. To my knowledge, no exchange does, however this item has been brought up in team discussions as a feature for exchange differentiation.
papersheepdog

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 12:31:25 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2014, 11:37:28 PM by papersheepdog

Mark Blair, Austalia

Lol Mark. This is an awesome article so far. I read about half and had to go to bed and now I am off to hit the ol' links. Beautiful day out! To answer your question about slant. I wouldn't have changed anything because it is what honestly came out. It's important to be as impartial as possible in order to boost credibility and utility. If we can build the reputation, it will speak for itself in suggesting CGB, though I get your sentiment, and the mentions do help! Great work!

EDIT: A thought comes to mind. If we wish to be more prepared and thorough and able to fully disclose the reasoning behind a certain sentiment, it would be best if we come up with some kind of standard analysis that we can apply to any coin. From there it will be easy to fill in the blanks of each coin as we take a look at its dynamics. We should be able to pull a lot of the template and values from existing web resources.

papersheepdog, Canada

IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 01:23:06 AM

Paper! It's a very very good idea!

Ian and I have been talking about something similar -- a Coin-Evalution Equation -- since forever.

Mark Blair, Australia
CGB: a coin to call 'home'
papersheepdog

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 04:31:52 AM

Paper! It's a very very good idea!

Ian and I have been talking about something similar -- a Coin-Evalution Equation -- since forever.

Mark Blair, Australia
CGB: a coin to call 'home'

I have updated the CGB website Community section to include some of our recent work. Check it out! http://cgb.holdings/community/

It, along with the rest of the website, will need a lot of attention over the next few weeks. All suggestions welcome!

I will also be updating the Comminuty Powered Promotion guide (Marketing section) to include all kinds of things like how best to use Reddit, twitter, facebook, forums, etc to get your content out. The main premise is that everything is better to be linked and cross referenced. It's kind of like laying pipe to guide flow of traffic now and in the future when its more historical.

IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 12:36:56 AM

This is the first time ever that I have not found a coin-community simply frustrating.

Next article submitted in a few days. No one has ever done anything like this. Here's an extract of the draft. Comments, please:

"Bitcoin and Friends: an E-Coach Tour of Crypto-Sphere Sites.

Mark Blair writes:

welcome, readers, to a world-first, a Multi-Link Tour of the crypto-sphere. Please keep your head and arms inside the e-coach at all times.
It goes like this: read the Notes before you hit the link; have a look around the site at your leisure; then get back on the coach.
. . . .
We shall provide a sort of 'Basic Stats Box' for any coin that we enthuse about. Let's practice:

" . . . Bitcoin [massive first-to-market power/market cap; a Proof of Work coin -- 'mined'; 13 Millions out of eventual total of 21 Million extant; more 'commercially oriented'; de-facto centralisation -- got 'whales']"

Last in this section, we'll pop in to the thread that I hang out at: Bitcointalk CGB.

You'll arrive on Page 140, where there's a technical description of CGB [job already done for me]. The coin is approaching the jump from the initial 'POW' mining-phase to the mature 'Proof of Work' stage.

There is a great deal to learn here. The two 'touchstones' of coin analysis, readers, are a coin's 'technical specs' and its community.

If you feel so inclined, read a few pages of the discussion here. At one point, for example, there's a discourse about inflation. A coin community can opt for high inflation; make a quick buck; and bail. Or the community can choose low inflation; fight its way through the dross; and produce a coin ('crypto-commodity') with stable long-term high value:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=245086.2780

"
papersheepdog

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 02:34:41 AM

This is the first time ever that I have not found a coin-community simply frustrating.

Next article submitted in a few days. No one has ever done anything like this. Here's an extract of the draft. Comments, please:

"Bitcoin and Friends: an E-Coach Tour of Crypto-Sphere Sites.

Mark Blair writes:

welcome, readers, to a world-first, a Multi-Link Tour of the crypto-sphere. Please keep your head and arms inside the e-coach at all times.
It goes like this: read the Notes before you hit the link; have a look around the site at your leisure; then get back on the coach.
. . . .
We shall provide a sort of 'Basic Stats Box' for any coin that we enthuse about. Let's practice:

" . . . Bitcoin [massive first-to-market power/market cap; a Proof of Work coin -- 'mined'; 13 Millions out of eventual total of 21 Million extant; more 'commercially oriented'; de-facto centralisation -- got 'whales']"

Last in this section, we'll pop in to the thread that I hang out at: Bitcointalk CGB.

You'll arrive on Page 140, where there's a technical description of CGB [job already done for me]. The coin is approaching the jump from the initial 'POW' mining-phase to the mature 'Proof of Work' stage.

There is a great deal to learn here. The two 'touchstones' of coin analysis, readers, are a coin's 'technical specs' and its community.

If you feel so inclined, read a few pages of the discussion here. At one point, for example, there's a discourse about inflation. A coin community can opt for high inflation; make a quick buck; and bail. Or the community can choose low inflation; fight its way through the dross; and produce a coin ('crypto-commodity') with stable long-term high value:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=245086.2780

"

Nice illustration. I feel like I am at a science museum Lol Cheesy

I am heading off to bed right away but let me suggest one thing:

"The coin is approaching the jump from the initial 'POW' mining-phase to the mature 'Proof of Work' stage."
This is a very nuanced thing that's happening. I would say the coin is completing its highly inflationary "Proof of Work" mining phase, and transitioning to the more efficient "Proof of Stake" minting phase which targets inflation at 2%/yr.

Nice work! Lookin' forward to it.

papersheepdog, Canada

elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:21:36 AM

Private Key Contest - puzzle piece 6 of 8 announced on Facebook!

elambert, USA
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:21:22 AM

The world's first 'crypto mall' will open, in Australia, on CGB's birthday.

It will encompass an unprecedented array of information and services in one place.

IndiaMikeZulu aims to 'embed' Crypto-Genic Bullion in this project.

It is the logical extension of the 'Crypto Network' structure, which grew from the Crypto Town Project.

I implore (a) Australian CGB-ers to succour us, and (b) any other CGB-ers who could assist with, say, helping Klutzo Boy to figure out a Wordpress site, to come forward.

Next: CGB will have its first 'store front' merchant within two months. The notion is one we have been working on for ages:

a 'facility' is put in place whereby a sum in fiat -- say, $500 -- is available if a merchant needs to sell CGB in order to pay a fiat-currency amount.

The Crypto Mall (cryptomall.com.au) will eventually incorporate a 'clearing-house' -- same technology as an exchange -- that will serve this purpose for the 5 or 10 or 20 cryptos in use at the Mall

Finally, I received a call this morning from a Local Government Small-Business Officer -- not Richard Keeler -- who had some information for me.

How times change!!

I sent him a copy of the 'E-Tour' article.

Mark Blair, Australia
CGB: small coin; big talent
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 09:52:45 AM

Private Key Contest clue 7 of 8 released on Reddit!

elambert, USA
snatchmonkey

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:47:10 PM

Regarding the current price point, it looks to me like a lot of CGB is being bought up at 0.00037250
Whenever the ~900 CGB buy order gets filled, another one goes up shortly afterwards for a similar amount in the same spot.
Manipulation perhaps, with the 6000+ CGB sell wall keeping the price down. If this is the case then hopefully we will see the sell wall come down when they have bought enough. I wonder if it might be the person who owns this address: http://blocks.gotcrypto.net/address/5ookF5Hb25mJ3pvpkPEtybcRNBzBJsgimy which looks like a long term holder who recently decided to move 10k+ coins somewhere.
papersheepdog

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 08:39:23 PM

Regarding the current price point, it looks to me like a lot of CGB is being bought up at 0.00037250
Whenever the ~900 CGB buy order gets filled, another one goes up shortly afterwards for a similar amount in the same spot.
Manipulation perhaps, with the 6000+ CGB sell wall keeping the price down. If this is the case then hopefully we will see the sell wall come down when they have bought enough. I wonder if it might be the person who owns this address: http://blocks.gotcrypto.net/address/5ookF5Hb25mJ3pvpkPEtybcRNBzBJsgimy which looks like a long term holder who recently decided to move 10k+ coins somewhere.

Interesting! Thanks for the analysis snatchmonkey. It's interesting to keep tabs on the market and wallet movements, but it's also exhausting and time consuming Smiley. I wonder how long it will be until highly specialized and automated tools become available to scrape trends and hints out of the block chain. I expect privacy tools will advance at a similar pace.

Although I consider it to be one of the chief motivators (value) for what we are doing with CGB, I personally have stopped looking at the price on a day to day basis. It's only when I go to add to my position that its kind of nice to see it's still easy to rake in. I believe that in such a free market, actual demand should eventually correct downward manipulation (if any). This is the momentum we are building for CGB.

snatchmonkey

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:53:51 PM

Purely speculation of course Smiley It is a tough time at the moment for many alts, it was the same towards the end of last year when bitcoin was starting to gain momentum then. I'm also not sure that we aren't still feeling a residual sting from the Mercury Stills sell off earlier this year.

The correct attitude I think is as you say, to not pay too much attention the price point at the moment, except of course as an opportunity to increase your stake. It is difficult though of course, it is only natural for investors to be concerned over loss of value.

For my own part, being heavily invested in CGB and seeing the value diminish so much over the last few months, I have to say it has been reassuring to see the dedication exhibited by the CGB Core Team. I see no reason as yet that we will not be reaching new highs this year.

Someone just bought the 6000+ CGB sell wall (oh how I wish it had been me!) I'm surprised it took so long, but the recent increase in volume bodes well for us I feel.

Loving your enthusiasm PSD, that goes for IMZ too, must be infectious... I usually just lurk. Keep it up!
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:25:20 AM

Snatchmonkey,

to dig deep now is to triumph.

Mark, Australia
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 07:56:47 AM

Yesterday was the first time that I earned interest which I thought was pretty cool.
Something that is not so cool is that my entire balance is now under stake and my balance is 0 ?

How do I get my CGBs back to balance so I can use them if needed ? Will that happen by itself ?

digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 08:44:36 AM

Yesterday was the first time that I earned interest which I thought was pretty cool.
Something that is not so cool is that my entire balance is now under stake and my balance is 0 ?

How do I get my CGBs back to balance so I can use them if needed ? Will that happen by itself ?

yes just leave the wallet open for the first few confirmations to ensure it gets on blockchain, you can mousehover over the transaction and it will show how many confirmations are left until they are returned.  I open my CGB wallet once a month/when i remember Cheesy to stake.

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
Pages: « 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 »
  Print  

Jump to: