Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 07:21:28 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED  (Read 286590 times)
elambert (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:44:41 PM

Woo hoo! Sent 100 CGB to the Foundation.

And check out this article:

http://www.coindesk.com/australia-igot-exchange-secures-funding-global-expansion/

'He added that Australia had huge potential as a bitcoin hub. While he has seen his customers make major purchases like cars through igot’s exchange, some trades were made for major export items like coal.'

Wow!! and I am still treated like an annoying simpleton at my bank when I ask about Bitcoin.

And I had a wonderfully weird argument with Hotel with Big Chandeliers in The Lobby today. I rang them because they were listed on a SpendBitcoin site. They accept Bitcoin via Expedia -- but I was told that I couldn't say that. 'We have no association at all with Bitcoin,' I was told -- yeh, umm, well . . . actually, you do. I can book a room at your hotel with Bitcoin.

What transpired was wholly positive: I hammered my way to Medium Level Guy. We decided that the Directory should have a section that directs people to the 'Australian Expedia Customers Section.' The Directory has reached a higher plain.

Mark, Australia

Thank you so much for the donation!

As PSD mentioned, we are in the works of putting together a professional marketing campaign that will expose CGB to an audience that reaches far beyond the day-traders and miners that make up the majority of BCT. The only issue is that this is very costly. Donations are encouraged and welcomed! If you have a stake in CGB, please help us and lets do this as a community.
bahamapascal

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:49:17 PM

We have a big favor to ask of the Cryptogenic Bullion community. We need donations. We are struggling to put together the funds for an ambitious professional marketing campaign. By next month, many of you will be shocked at the quality and exposure of our next big piece. For the ability to continue to fully capture the momentum we will need real funding. CGB is ready, CryptoTown is the face of the next big push. Your contributions could mean the difference between kicking off the party and waiting around for something to happen. This is a special appeal to anyone who may have the ability; don't just hold CGB, invest in it (CGB Foundation).

Details on Friday's party may be divulged shortly.

The CGB Core Team

Can you post the Adress were to send donations?
How much are you looking for in total funding?
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:08:26 PM

We have a big favor to ask of the Cryptogenic Bullion community. We need donations. We are struggling to put together the funds for an ambitious professional marketing campaign. By next month, many of you will be shocked at the quality and exposure of our next big piece. For the ability to continue to fully capture the momentum we will need real funding. CGB is ready, CryptoTown is the face of the next big push. Your contributions could mean the difference between kicking off the party and waiting around for something to happen. This is a special appeal to anyone who may have the ability; don't just hold CGB, invest in it (CGB Foundation).

The CGB Core Team

Hi bahamapascal! Hope all is well with you! It has been a while. The first wave of the campaign is $2200 and requires us to come up with the material. We are working behind the scenes to finalize as we speak and the material is phenomenal! The campaign as scheduled thus far is around $7k, however we are planning to do and pay for this in stages as it really is not very comforting to use CGB at the current exchange rate. This however will change! So CGB donations will be helpful. I and the rest of the Core Team are confident this is part of the transition phase to move to real world adoption and big money investors. This is uncharted territory and we are trailblazing, but this is not new to us and the CGB community. Anyway, CGB donations can go to 5mTno3UeSvZVmF5mMvZnD49fepnxN2dKUh - balances can be verified via coinplorer. For other donations, including non-financial, please pm me or email to cryptogenicbullion.org.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:49:32 AM

Net trouble

Mark
bahamapascal

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:46:04 PM

The CGB Core Team

Hi bahamapascal! Hope all is well with you! It has been a while. The first wave of the campaign is $2200 and requires us to come up with the material. We are working behind the scenes to finalize as we speak and the material is phenomenal! The campaign as scheduled thus far is around $7k, however we are planning to do and pay for this in stages as it really is not very comforting to use CGB at the current exchange rate. This however will change! So CGB donations will be helpful. I and the rest of the Core Team are confident this is part of the transition phase to move to real world adoption and big money investors. This is uncharted territory and we are trailblazing, but this is not new to us and the CGB community. Anyway, CGB donations can go to 5mTno3UeSvZVmF5mMvZnD49fepnxN2dKUh - balances can be verified via coinplorer. For other donations, including non-financial, please pm me or email to cryptogenicbullion.org.

Hi elambert! Wow, this sounds exiting! I really hope that you are right, it really is time for an increase of price.

I donated 1k CGB (tx ID bae3340131003f707846f50bb65cc2432c4d812ff35848676f445c86fb8f19f2 ), I hope that this will get you a bit further.
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:15:46 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2014, 03:47:44 PM by elambert

The CGB Core Team

Hi elambert! Wow, this sounds exiting! I really hope that you are right, it really is time for an increase of price.

I donated 1k CGB (tx ID bae3340131003f707846f50bb65cc2432c4d812ff35848676f445c86fb8f19f2 ), I hope that this will get you a bit further.

Thank you for your continued support!
papersheepdog

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 04:31:48 PM

The CGB Core Team

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked AWESOME! This is so appreciated!

We will need ALL HANDS ON DECK tomorrow! This is going to be huge. We will be pulling in major interest with the CryptoTown On The Ground project, as well as CGB's first birthday. TOMORROW.

Check in early tomorrow morning! Should have some posts up by 8AM EST!

There will certainly be CGB giveaways, as well as a multi-coin fundraiser for the CryptoTown project!

If we can meet our first wave fundraising target tomorrow (which bahamapascal just blew a formidable hole through) the next weeks and months will be leaps and bounds ahead of anything we have seen in the past for CGB and CryptoTown!

sixteendigits

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:58:27 PM

Hell yes!  CGB is due to get some life back in it.  Just scooped up some low hanging fruit on cryptsy and sent 500 CGB to the donation address (and 800ish to my own wallet, I'm being greedy Tongue).
papersheepdog

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 07:25:38 PM

Hell yes!  CGB is due to get some life back in it.  Just scooped up some low hanging fruit on cryptsy and sent 500 CGB to the donation address (and 800ish to my own wallet, I'm being greedy Tongue).

Thanks sixteendigits!!!

This is already a great turnout! Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow!

I have put a few mentions on /r/CryptoCurrency and the /r/CryptoMarkets sticky post, check em out!

papersheepdog, Canada

papersheepdog

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 08:18:26 PM

Woo hoo! Sent 100 CGB to the Foundation.

And check out this article:

http://www.coindesk.com/australia-igot-exchange-secures-funding-global-expansion/

'He added that Australia had huge potential as a bitcoin hub. While he has seen his customers make major purchases like cars through igot’s exchange, some trades were made for major export items like coal.'

Wow!! and I am still treated like an annoying simpleton at my bank when I ask about Bitcoin.

And I had a wonderfully weird argument with Hotel with Big Chandeliers in The Lobby today. I rang them because they were listed on a SpendBitcoin site. They accept Bitcoin via Expedia -- but I was told that I couldn't say that. 'We have no association at all with Bitcoin,' I was told -- yeh, umm, well . . . actually, you do. I can book a room at your hotel with Bitcoin.

What transpired was wholly positive: I hammered my way to Medium Level Guy. We decided that the Directory should have a section that directs people to the 'Australian Expedia Customers Section.' The Directory has reached a higher plain.

Mark, Australia

Interesting insight into the big payment portals scooping up lots of business! This is a good thing overall, and I suspect *most* of the businesses wouldn't have a problem with being part of a CryptoMall. Very valuable experience with the different types of businesses out there Mark! Commodity trade settlement, in crypto? Why not!

coininvestor

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 08:42:20 PM

This is my first post on this forum and possibly my last but I want to put in my two cents worth.  I have been investing in CGB since Jan. 2014 and as I have been reading through the posts in this thread and I hear a lot of people suggesting that we should change the fundamentals of CGB.  I think that would be a big mistake and speaking for myself it would drive me away as an investor.  For me, as a sizeable investor of CGB, there are no flaws at all with the coin.  I plan to still own my CGB that I buy today ten or fifteen years from now.  I plan to live off the interest years from now when the coin is $500 each.  I don't trade, I invest and I am patient.  I can envision improvements to the wallet to add more features such as what we saw with the intent of Silkcoin even though that turned out to be a scam. Not trying to discredit another coin but calling them like I see them.  I wouldn't change anything about CGB.  Actually I don't have a problem with the current market cap because it allows small timers like myself to buy them up.  On a side note, if you are the one dumping CGB to lower the price I would like to say thank you and no I won't sell them back to you.  Sorry.  I think the community is growing and the Devs are amazing.  Thank you guys.   Patience is a virtue.  Marketing is a virtue.  Expansion through word of mouth is a virtue.  Changing course because the market cap is low is not a virtue when people have invested in the coin as it was originally intended to be.  There is a time for a low market cap.  There is a time for a high market cap.  This is the time for a low market cap and time to buy.   Enjoy it while it lasts and stay the course. 
shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 08:57:52 PM

The order book at cryptsy is pretty slim now.

The lowest 100 sell orders is only 914.907582 coins worth 0,36251995 btc. Price range 0.00032951 -> 0.00043959. That is a 33% increase.
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:27:14 PM

Awesome, thanks!
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:28:52 PM

This is my first post on this forum and possibly my last but I want to put in my two cents worth.  I have been investing in CGB since Jan. 2014 and as I have been reading through the posts in this thread and I hear a lot of people suggesting that we should change the fundamentals of CGB.  I think that would be a big mistake and speaking for myself it would drive me away as an investor.  For me, as a sizeable investor of CGB, there are no flaws at all with the coin.  I plan to still own my CGB that I buy today ten or fifteen years from now.  I plan to live off the interest years from now when the coin is $500 each.  I don't trade, I invest and I am patient.  I can envision improvements to the wallet to add more features such as what we saw with the intent of Silkcoin even though that turned out to be a scam. Not trying to discredit another coin but calling them like I see them.  I wouldn't change anything about CGB.  Actually I don't have a problem with the current market cap because it allows small timers like myself to buy them up.  On a side note, if you are the one dumping CGB to lower the price I would like to say thank you and no I won't sell them back to you.  Sorry.  I think the community is growing and the Devs are amazing.  Thank you guys.   Patience is a virtue.  Marketing is a virtue.  Expansion through word of mouth is a virtue.  Changing course because the market cap is low is not a virtue when people have invested in the coin as it was originally intended to be.  There is a time for a low market cap.  There is a time for a high market cap.  This is the time for a low market cap and time to buy.   Enjoy it while it lasts and stay the course. 

Agreed, thank you for posting! Hope this is not your last post as we really need the outspoken to help educate.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 01:04:19 AM

Me here
Net bein' 'upgraded'
Mark, Aus.
papersheepdog

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 02:15:20 AM

Well put coininvestor, and thanks for speaking out! One thing I have learned is that markets will go on their own time, no matter how backwards the situation, or how obvious we feel the fundamentals are Smiley.

papersheepdog

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 02:58:28 AM

Me here
Net bein' 'upgraded'
Mark, Aus.

Ahh great idea. I hope you'll have your connection restored to party tomorrow Cheesy

I am thinking about  the logistics of starting a cryptomall. Might end up organizing one here in Barrie.

Posted some notes on the CryptoTown development workshop.

I am thinking that it might not be a linear set of instructions, but a collection of activities and resources.

FiniteByDesign
Legendary

Activity: 1397
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 09:50:47 AM

Happy 1st Birthday Cryptogenic Bullion!!!

TilyBurgos

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:57:58 AM

Happy 1st Birthday Cryptogenic Bullion!!!  Grin Grin
Feliz primer cumpleaños!!!
menno1986

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:10:35 AM

Happy BDAY!! Exciting times ahead for CGB!!
Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 »
  Print  

Jump to: