Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:14:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED  (Read 286590 times)
FiniteRed

Activity: 346
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 04:16:44 PM

woohoo 2k club!  Grin  Grin  Grin

[G]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ] ~ [ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[H]
FiniteByDesign
Legendary

Activity: 1397
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 07:18:18 PM

Very nice indeed! Membership is at a very sweet price presently in my humble.

FiniteRed

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:15:09 PM

Very nice indeed! Membership is at a very sweet price presently in my humble.

Thanks Smiley - end goal is the 18k club  Cool

[G]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ] ~ [ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[H]
papersheepdog

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 10:45:17 PM

Wow I just spent an hour writing up a post and lost it cause my login timed out - uugh.

Lets just go over a couple important points!!

We are founding an institution here. A place where real work and collaboration can take place with a great awareness of the manipulation intended to derail Bitcoin and associated altcoin projects. We don't have to speculate here. The central banks could lose the power over our world granted by full control of our currencies. They pull the real strings in a web far greater than basic sovereign governments. The capital influence alone required to disenfranchise get rich quick investors is pocket change to them. We are playing a different game, it will take time to attract interest. The interest gathered through projects like CryptoTown will put CGB in the hands of investors who really understand what is happening here, and who will be willing to stick it out through the tough times.

Mark (IMZ) has expressed his intent to continue work with our community to advance the adoption of crypto. There are no expectations here, and we should accept that efforts may come as time and motivation becomes available. On that note, if anyone is waiting for direction, stop. Get creative - there is work to do in every facet of our projects.

It seems that the overall crypto sector is in a depression. So long as we are looking great by the time it all starts picking up again, I think we will easily shrug this off. As the CryptoTown project picks up and our client release brings a fresh wind to the sails, we will be in a strong and unique position. Let's not kid ourselves though, without self-directed participation (we provide so many opportunities and resources), the work will not be done, and awareness will not be realized.

One final insight I can provide here draws from my experience in the precious metals markets. I won't go into great detail here, but I have given up hope on the price of precious metals taking off to their next new highs before a major economic crisis happens. The reason for this is that they are being suppressed in part to mask the rotting decay of the USD as a reserve currency. A rise in gold will only happen once insider hope is lost and they jump ship to the next system. When this happens, not only will gold skyrocket, but crypto may be a large recipient of this fleeing capital. If CGB is in tip top shape and at a ridiculously low prices, it will be primed for some potentially extreme price action.

The post I had written up was much better than this, but I need to get back to relaxin Smiley

papersheepdog, Canada

papersheepdog

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 11:42:59 PM

Checking in. Was back to work today. BC was awesome, managed to consolidate some work/life balance. To clarify one thing, in my last post I meant to highlight the monetary system as an obvious lever of control, not to assert who is using it. I am also neither for nor against anything but simply creative. Libertarian ideals may be well reasoned, but they fail to capture larger shifts in consciousness and awareness. Few will understand the significance without further explanation and so I believe that introduction to these basics may be a forthcoming topic.

ps. did everyone else go on vacation or what?  Roll Eyes

papersheepdog, Canada

BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 10:57:04 AM

Jup, vacation. At least someone is awake  Cheesy

CGB is readded to coinpayments, a payment  processor for altcoins.
You can buy at all these with CGB's: https://www.coinpayments.net/store-directory--1-0-All%20Stores

And here are merchant tools if you like to accept CGB as payment option: https://www.coinpayments.net/merchant-tools

I especially like this: Buy precious metals with CGB http://bitezze.com/

Last, not sure how this works exactly but you could buy about anything you can buy in webshops using CGB  through http://www.picca.co.uk/
You find the item on for example amazon, fill in an orderform on Picca, pay them through coinpayments and then they will order the item on your behalf on the original webshop.
Anyone willing to try?
BTCat
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 11:25:49 AM

Please explore a new payment processor. CGB should be accepted here: http://casheer.net/
Here is a forum to make requests: http://forum.casheer.net/viewforum.php?f=15

FiniteRed

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:39:16 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2014, 12:49:26 PM by FiniteRed

yea, mini vacation to see some friends in Bristol (UK) amongst other things I went to check out their new BTC ATM  Grin

PS: We are in the top 15 for the Swisscex vote to add CGB to their exchange!

https://www.swisscex.com/voting

Lets get voting!  Shocked

Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 01:41:40 PM

I noticed earlier that multipool.us removed mining options for CGB. This should mean less mining and instant-dumping of CGB, not sure how much mining they did, but with one very large pool leaving CGB, the diff should go down and make it easier for everyone else to mine CGB. Let's hope for less dumping, leading to a climb in CGB price.
BTCat
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 01:53:04 PM

I noticed earlier that multipool.us removed mining options for CGB. This should mean less mining and instant-dumping of CGB, not sure how much mining they did, but with one very large pool leaving CGB, the diff should go down and make it easier for everyone else to mine CGB. Let's hope for less dumping, leading to a climb in CGB price.

In case you didn't know, only 16 CGB is being mined each day so there is barely any dumping from newly mined coins since last 1 or 2 months.
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 02:32:31 PM

... only 16 CGB is being mined each day ...

Ah that would make sense for the pools then. No point in supporting a coin with a low volume. Nevertheless, if the big players are leaving CGB alone, that should make it more interesting for the grass roots and enthusiasts.
FiniteByDesign
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 05:03:10 PM

FYI for the Cryptogenic Bullion community. Finite By Design, LLC will have a table set up at the 'Coins in the Kingdom' event at Disney World in Orlando, FL. The event is taking place October 4th-6th, 2014.

In addition to promoting f*D, we will be focusing on raising awareness of Cryptogenic Bullion. We plan to give away a physical CGB bar via raffle and are working on building some 'CGB' business cards that will be handed out and have 1 CGB attached to each. The possibility of running a new t-shirt with the new gold logo is also on the table. Would love to hear from the community on any ideas you all can propose for this event! 

elambert (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 10:53:41 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2014, 11:35:18 PM by elambert

I have finished the Cryptogenic Bullion section.  It will be in the book called Cryptocurrency "The Alt-ernative" (A historical reference book). Here is the preliminary cover (a better cover is currently being worked on):

The plan is to get the book published before Christmas 2014.  

Here is the Cryptogenic Bullion preview section:

https://i.imgur.com/62LTYVH.png

Any donations towards this future publication are highly welcome.  I would love to see this book become a reality.  

5o6x2zFPxJJ8YLJS5jCMVr7GHvpNMfPFV3

Main Book Bitcointalk.org Thread is:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=483187.0

Any further points which the community would like to be included in the CGB section need to be messaged to me ASAP.

Looking good Tyke! I have a few edits and a donation to throw your way. I will message you. Thanks!
BTCat
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:35:44 AM

I've copied the CGB OP to here to make some presence:
https://cryptoconnecta.com/index.php/forum/general-discussions-cb/75-cryptogenic-bullion-cgb#104
elambert (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:36:03 AM

Please explore a new payment processor. CGB should be accepted here: http://casheer.net/
Here is a forum to make requests: http://forum.casheer.net/viewforum.php?f=15

Great find BTCat! I have taken the liberty for the community and started a CGB thread over at casheer.net! It appears to be a service that would be an enormous benefit for CGB and its community. They base their addition of new coins on public support and interest on the respective coin threads so we have our work cut out for us. Please visit, post, tweet, revisit, etc...

For the community, remember, CGB is a decentralized crypto-currency not owned by any individual or team. If you own CGB, you are as much of a 'Core Team' member as those of us volunteers listed on the website. Feel free to take the initiative and start threads and promote CGB how ever you see fit.

Exciting and amazing developments continue in the entire cryptosphere! I am confident we are on the cusp of mass adoption!
BTCat
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 01:09:45 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2014, 09:03:44 AM by BTCat

Thanks Elambert. I think this is an important target so we need all the support. Please everyone make the small effort and recommend adding CGB to the Casheer payment system (you need to register for the forum to post): http://forum.casheer.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=144
FiniteByDesign
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 10:26:37 AM

FYI for the Cryptogenic Bullion community. Finite By Design, LLC will have a table set up at the 'Coins in the Kingdom' event at Disney World in Orlando, FL. The event is taking place October 4th-6th, 2014.

In addition to promoting f*D, we will be focusing on raising awareness of Cryptogenic Bullion. We plan to give away a physical CGB bar via raffle and are working on building some 'CGB' business cards that will be handed out and have 1 CGB attached to each. The possibility of running a new t-shirt with the new gold logo is also on the table. Would love to hear from the community on any ideas you all can propose for this event!  

Back to share a little on the development of the CGB business cards that I had mentioned as a promotional tool for the Bitcoin event that I will be attending in October. My hope is to have this as a template that others can copy and use to promote CGB at local concerts, work, malls, schools, etc....

Again, the idea here is to spread the word of CGB to those who have not heard of it or Crypto-Currencies for that matter. The 'CGB business cards' that I will be giving out will have a logo on the front and on the back have text and a QR code. When the QR code is scanned, it will reveal a more detailed explanation of CGB including a link to the CGB website where one can download the client/wallet as well as instructions and a private key so they can import the attached 1 CGB.

Here is the card template so far:

The reverse of the card read as follows:

"Welcome to the digital currency revolution! Much like the Internet and email have transformed society and how we communicate, digital currencies are poised to transform the way we bank and exchange finances. You have possibly heard of Bitcoin, but you may not have heard that there are other digital currencies positioned for this paradigm shift. One such digital currency, Cryptogenic Bullion (CGB), aims to be a digital compliment to precious metals. Exhibiting the rarity of only 1 million divisible units in circulation while allowing for a maximum of 2% yearly inflation, CGB has been designed to mimic the properties of gold.

Please accept this card with 1 CGB attached which must be accepted (imported to your own wallet) in the next 30 days. Please scan the below QR code for instructions to redeem the attached funds."

QR Code

The QR code when scanned reveals:

"Welcome to the digital currency revolution! Much like the Internet and email have transformed society and how we communicate, digital currencies are poised to transform the way we bank and exchange finances. You have possibly heard of Bitcoin, but you may not have heard that there are other digital currencies positioned for this paradigm shift. One such digital currency, Cryptogenic Bullion (CGB), aims to be a digital compliment to precious metals. Exhibiting the rarity of only 1 million divisible units in circulation while allowing for a maximum of 2% yearly inflation, CGB has been designed to mimic the properties of gold.

Please accept this card with 1 CGB attached which must be accepted (imported to your own wallet) in the next 30 days. To accept, simply go to the CGB website on your home computer at http://cgb.holdings. Go to the ‘Getting Started’ page and download your personal CGB wallet. Once your wallet has been downloaded, you will have to allow it to sync by downloading the blockchain (a public ledger of all the historical transactions that have occurred). After the blockchain has finished downloading, your wallet will display a green checkmark on the bottom right hand side of its display screen. At this point, simply click on the ‘Help’ tab and select ‘Debug Window’ from the dropdown. In the ‘Debug Window’, select ‘Console’. Type in the below command and press enter to import the funds to your personal wallet for safekeeping.

importprivkey “12345678901234567890”

If you have any questions, please submit an inquiry through the website to obtain assistance from the CGB Core Team.

Again, welcome to the financial revolution!"

Thoughts, suggestions, edits, etc are welcomed and encouraged.

FiniteRed

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 10:49:55 AM

Very nice, how do you make the 1 CGB expire in a month I wonder...

At this point, simply click on the ‘Help’ tab and select ‘Debug Window’ from the dropdown. In the ‘Debug Window’, select ‘Console’. Type in the below command and press enter to import the funds to your personal wallet for safekeeping.

I think this is a bit complex for the lamen, we need a dedicated menu option to 'import private key' in the client - no messing about in Debug windows  Smiley

BTCat
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 10:52:25 AM

@FiniteByDesign

I really like these cards and professional text. Great!

One question: Please accept this card with 1 CGB attached which must be accepted (imported to your own wallet) in the next 30 days.
Why is the card only valid for 30 days? Isn't it a wallet with 1 CGB attached that should always be there? Or are you afraid for lost funds if they do not get redeemed?
It may cause some practical issues if the cards are stored for the next promotion that happens 5 weeks later. Can it be modified to whatever people wish for?

Your promotion event is super, respect for your efforts.
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:56:00 PM

Very nice, how do you make the 1 CGB expire in a month I wonder...

At this point, simply click on the ‘Help’ tab and select ‘Debug Window’ from the dropdown. In the ‘Debug Window’, select ‘Console’. Type in the below command and press enter to import the funds to your personal wallet for safekeeping.

I think this is a bit complex for the lamen, we need a dedicated menu option to 'import private key' in the client - no messing about in Debug windows  Smiley

While reading this procedure, I totally agree with FiniteRed, that most people will not go through with the setup. The average person would probably quit before the blockchain has downloaded, especially on a mac... (For some reason downloading the blockchain is 100x faster on windows compared to my macs.)

I second the suggestion for a better alternative way of importing funds to your wallet. Perhaps a selection in the menus would be helpful.
Even better would be having a phone wallet and simply scanning a QR-code with a password could import the funds to a new account. I have no idea if this is feasible or not, but our dev could perhaps look into alternative ways of importing funds to ones wallet.
Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 »
  Print  

Jump to: