Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:46:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED  (Read 286589 times)
FiniteByDesign
Legendary

Activity: 1397
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 01:57:16 PM

Very nice, how do you make the 1 CGB expire in a month I wonder...

The only way I can think of is for the creator to keep a spreadsheet of all addresses and associated private keys to check after 30 days. This of course does not have to be done, but if say 1,000 are given out and 500 get thrown away, it would be a shame that those 500 CGB could not have been 'regifted' to people who would actually download the client and use/save the CGB. Of course this would be up to the individual or entity that prints and distributes these cards.

I think this is a bit complex for the lamen, we need a dedicated menu option to 'import private key' in the client - no messing about in Debug windows

Excellent point! Perhaps the new client can have this 'button' added in??

One question:
I count 4!  Wink

Please accept this card with 1 CGB attached which must be accepted (imported to your own wallet) in the next 30 days.
Why is the card only valid for 30 days?
Arbitrary number that I decided on, up for discussion.

Isn't it a wallet with 1 CGB attached that should always be there?
Please see earlier response above Smiley

Or are you afraid for lost funds if they do not get redeemed?
Correct!

It may cause some practical issues if the cards are stored for the next promotion that happens 5 weeks later. Can it be modified to whatever people wish for?
Yes, this can be modified.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 02:07:20 PM

One question:
I count 4!  Wink

It's called a four-in-one question  Cheesy Thanks.

Some great posts about CGB on the Casheer forum. Very motivating. Please come around and add some good words. We need to show strength:
CGB thread at Casheer
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 02:09:32 PM

Really nice looking cards FiniteByDesign!

I heard somewhere that companies who make BTC coupons/vouchers/promocards etc can have them valid for 30 days or so. If the vouchers are not redeemed, the funds are paid back to the issuer. I am not sure how this is done, but maybe a Google search could provide more help.
FiniteByDesign
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 08:33:15 PM

I heard somewhere that companies who make BTC coupons/vouchers/promocards etc can have them valid for 30 days or so. If the vouchers are not redeemed, the funds are paid back to the issuer. I am not sure how this is done, but maybe a Google search could provide more help.

Sounds like it is done through a 3rd party which means overhead. I would like to keep this as cost effective as possible so others in the community can copy and diy. But I will research, please let me know if you come across any more info...

Perhaps a github should be set up for this? If anyone has some time and skill to assist, please reach out. I think this would be greatly beneficial and other coin communities could always fork and use to further promote crypto adoption.

digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 10:00:53 PM

Sounds like it is done through a 3rd party which means overhead. I would like to keep this as cost effective as possible so others in the community can copy and diy. But I will research, please let me know if you come across any more info...

Perhaps a github should be set up for this? If anyone has some time and skill to assist, please reach out. I think this would be greatly beneficial and other coin communities could always fork and use to further promote crypto adoption.

You could create a bunch of redeemable voucher codes on Crypto-Trade for 1 CGB.  There are no fees involved with this method either for creating or redeeming, so people that redeem get the full value of the code credited to their CT account.  The codes never expired but issuer can keep a copy of the codes they issued and redeem back to their account at later date.

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
FiniteByDesign
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 11:07:19 PM

You could create a bunch of redeemable voucher codes on Crypto-Trade for 1 CGB.  There are no fees involved with this method either for creating or redeeming, so people that redeem get the full value of the code credited to their CT account.  The codes never expired but issuer can keep a copy of the codes they issued and redeem back to their account at later date.

Good suggestion, however, I think this would be a better promotional tool for Crypto-Trade. I think CGB would be best promoted by directing people to read the website and download the client. They are then free to move the funds to an exchange for trading should that be their decision.

Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 01:56:38 PM

Please explore a new payment processor. CGB should be accepted here: http://casheer.net/
Here is a forum to make requests: http://forum.casheer.net/viewforum.php?f=15

Reminder to all, post a request for adding CGB to http://casheer.net/ this weekend.
elambert (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 12:17:22 AM

CGB needs your support in this thread to get added to the casheer payment app! Please help and post your support! http://forum.casheer.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=144
rdcpsi

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 11:41:23 PM

yea, mini vacation to see some friends in Bristol (UK) amongst other things I went to check out their new BTC ATM  Grin

PS: We are in the top 15 for the Swisscex vote to add CGB to their exchange!

https://www.swisscex.com/voting

Lets get voting!  Shocked

...And now in the top ten.
FiniteRed

Activity: 346
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:58:33 AM

How very interesting that there is quite allot of chatter in the news about BTC's price decrease as a result of widening adoption - with businesses cashing in their customers BTC payments opposed to hoarding them. If only there was a CC that did not try to actively emulate money, but instead embraced a 'store of wealth' idiom that encouraged saving and network participation/security through PoS. Roll Eyes

With the right media push (and some updates this month I believe?) CGB could cash in on this big-time...

[G]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ] ~ [ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[H]
BTCat
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:18:39 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2014, 07:40:59 AM by BTCat

CGB votings ongoing:

New: https://cryptex.biz/page/voting (All members with a trade history may have 3 votes per day. Not much competition on votes so could be easy)

https://bter.com/voting (17th on the list, very well, a main target. Perhaps we should push this more actively, Bter would be a really great listing)

https://www.swisscex.com/voting (9th, we'll get there, good target)

https://askcoin.net/votes (10th, exchange not taking off, too low volume but will be listed eventually)

If you haven't already please support CGB by posting on Casheer forum, many great posts already. Getting accepted through Casheer would be a great deal:
CGB thread at Casheer
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:33:55 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2014, 04:02:05 PM by elambert

CGB Core Team Update - September 4, 2014

Please also see the Reddit post for further discussion.

Greetings to the CGB family! So much going on behind the scenes as well as in the community - very exciting times we are experiencing! On behalf of the CGB Core Team, I would like to make an announcement to summarize what is going on presently and give some detail to the direction that we are heading. Remember, the CGB Core Team is a group of volunteers committed to CGB because we believe in its fundamentals. CGB is only as strong as the community who rallies around it and supports its promotion and adoption, so please get involved by spreading the word, voting, posting, or wherever else you feel you can contribute to community improvement.

Updates:

-   Development continues and is progressing very nicely with the new CGB client ‘The Vault 2.0’. Again, ‘The Vault 2.0’ includes a redesigned GUI, Coin Control, QR codes, unlock for staking button and some other surprises. We are now beginning testing of the Coin Control features via testnet and will keep the community appraised as a more concrete release date develops. Below are a couple new teaser screenshots.

-   As soon as ‘The Vault 2.0’ is released to the public, work on the next client update will continue with a tentative target release date of late 2014. ‘The Vault 2.1’ will include a hard fork as there will be adjustments to even further secure the network via achieving a more balanced PoW/PoS block generation and planned implementation of merge mining to boost the hashrate. Expect the client to continue to evolve dramatically as we have a number of exciting ‘new to the cryptosphere’ features in the pipeline to develop and implement. The team is aligned with the shared mission of adding features that are user friendly, game changing and practical as we believe innovation and simplicity of use to be critical factors in the push for mass adoption.

-   To the previous point, we are always looking for interested collaborators to join the CGB Core Team and to help with the development and implementation of the growing pipeline of projects. Experienced developer positions are open as well as a ‘Lead Artist’ position to handle logo, banners, advertisements, etc. Please reach out directly should you want to apply for any of the openings through the website or email us directly at cryptogenicbullion@gmail.com.

-   The language on the CGB website has been edited in a manner that hopefully makes the minting of CGB via PoS easier for the less techno savvy to understand and follow – again ease of use is a priority that we will continue to address and improve as we feel this is critical to mass adoption. Suggestions are of course welcome with better clarifying this or just editing. Here is the link to the edited ‘Get CGB’ page.

-   Our friends at Finite By Design, LLC have announced that they will be attending a ‘Bitcoin Conference’  in early October where they will parlay their promotional table to also promote Cryptogenic Bullion! It sounds as if the raffling off of a physical Cryptogenic Bullion bar made of 1 troy ounce of .999 silver will occur as well as handouts of CGB business cards containing 1 CGB each! This is extremely exciting news and we are very grateful for this collaboration! Below are screenshots of the CGB business card templates as provided by Finite By Design, LLC.

-   We will once again be working with our friends over at CryptoBiz Magazine to create a promotional video press release for CGB. More to come on this…

-   We are extremely excited about a new product being developed for which CGB is in the running to be included, CasheerApp. Please check out the project and show your support and if possible, please participate in the CGB thread to encourage Casheer to add CGB to their platform. Their decision on which coins to support is dependent on the communities participation as shown in their forums, so please stop by and put in a good word for CGB!

-   CGB is being actively voted for addition to a few exchanges at the moment so your support there is welcomed and encouraged as well.

* Bter - This is the focus priority for addition
* SwissCEX
* Cryptex
* AskCoin

-   There are currently about 954,000 CGB in circulation with an ever so slight inflationary headwind of an absolute maximum of about 50 CGB ($3 at current value) created per day via PoW and PoS. Compare this to the inflationary profile of Bitcoin where each day 7,200 new BTC are created ($3,420,000 at current value)! This startling statistic alone evidences why we believe Cryptogenic Bullion to be a superior store of value over the long term and as attention from investors builds, the market cap will rather quickly meet and surpass the previous all time highs from November/December of 2013 when CGB was valued at over $5 each.

The CGB Core Team
FiniteRed

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:32:31 PM

Excellent update guys - really very excited for the future of CGB  Smiley  Smiley  Smiley

[G]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ] ~ [ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[H]
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 08:11:28 PM

The wallet is looking great elambert!
Do you know whether the syncing works faster with this wallet? I know that syncing the blockchain on osx is very painful... takes forever on my machines. For whatever reason the syncing is a couple of magnitudes faster on windows (vs osx) on my lan.

Are there plans for making a lightweight client similar to multibit for BTC, eg the blockchain sits on a central server and not on the users machine. This feature would be mighty handy if we would make a CGB wallet for our mobile devices.  Cool
FiniteRed

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:15:48 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2014, 10:26:49 PM by FiniteRed

Hey CGB devs!

I have spent a little time reflecting on the prospect of moving to merged mining in an attempt to increase our hash rate and further secure the network. I assume we would look to align ourselves with one of the bigger scrypt coins like LiteCoin much as Dogecoin has done recently? Does this mean that we become somewhat reliant on this partner coin to stay the course to ensure our hash rate?

Has the concept of moving to an entirely PoSV minting process been discussed before? ReddCoin has had quite the success moving to 100% PoSV as it both negates the need for powerful hardware and dramatically increases/actively encourages continual full node participation on the network.

https://i.imgur.com/elZ9bxfh.jpg

We have previously touched on the concept of sharing out the unclaimed interest amongst the active miners on the network, this combined with PoSV would surely be a winner?

Just some ideas, what do you guys think?

FR

BTCat
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:51:28 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2014, 11:29:24 PM by BTCat

We have previously touched on the concept of sharing out the unclaimed interest amongst the active miners on the network, this combined with PoSV would surely be a winner?

I wouldn't like to see either of these two options for CGB, it's already good as it is so no need to change it. Not like to see the coins I'm not generating into the hands of others, proof of stake is meant as a reward for holding, if someone decides not to stake, like Satoshi said, it's a gift to everyone holding CGB's and they may all be a tiny bit more worth because of that person not claiming.

On another note, I do like the idea of a decentralized business or company and if developments or growth can go at a higher pace with some more funds then these 'unstaked' coins may be an option, everyone would profit from CGB developing in a better way. Such change should have enough support from within the community.
FiniteRed

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 08:27:29 AM

It's already good as it is so no need to change it. Not like to see the coins I'm not generating into the hands of others, proof of stake is meant as a reward for holding, if someone decides not to stake, like Satoshi said, it's a gift to everyone holding CGB's and they may all be a tiny bit more worth because of that person not claiming.

The hash rate (no idea on stake rate but I bet its not that high either) is far too low currently thus the OP about the move to merged mining - change is coming, want to make sure all the avenues have been explored.

if someone decides not to stake, like Satoshi said, it's a gift to everyone holding CGB's and they may all be a tiny bit more worth because of that person not claiming.

If someone decided not to stake then if you are staking you get their coins instead, network security preserved, inflation rate unchanged and you get richer as a result of you holding and staking.

elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 11:00:35 PM

Very valid points and an important discussion. The objectives for CGB adoption, in my opinion, are 1) maximizing security while staying within the 'set in stone' inflationary profile of of 2% per year and 2) making CGB as user friendly as possible.

The best way to do the former is to maximize the hybrid algorithm's potential. This means encouraging as many coins as possible to be staked PoS side and as high of a hash rate as possible PoW side. The best options at this point are rewarding the un-staked coins to those who are staking and protecting the network (which will encourage more people to stake more often) in conjunction with merged mining to boost the hash rate.

Suggestions for better ways to do this will be considered as presented but again, please keep the objectives for adoption in mind.
FiniteRed

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 07:59:26 AM

I would have throught that moving to entirely PoSV (or at least implementing the non-linear reward PoS calculation) would result in the highest adoption rate possible as it means that anyone can start generating new coins buy first investing and then just keeping their full node wallet running 24/7; removeing the entry barrier of expensive/depreciating specialist mining hardware...

snatchmonkey

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 11:56:38 AM

CGB needs your support in this thread to get added to the casheer payment app! Please help and post your support! http://forum.casheer.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=144

Bump!

Come on guys show a little support at casheer, could be really good for CGB adoption.
Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 »
  Print  

Jump to: