Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:56:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED  (Read 286589 times)
FiniteRed

Activity: 346
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 08:31:07 AM

Welcome back PSD!   Smiley

Glad you had a good trip! (where did you travel to?) I totally agree, November (or at least the hope of a repeat of last November shenanigans) should kick the market into an upward curve, the concept of virtual currencies/commodities has spread far and wide over the last year, so this time around it should be spectacular!

I believe we are seeing the start of it at the moment with BTC's slow and steady price climb, need to make sure CGB's marketing punch is perfectly timed and decisive, so yes, very exciting times ahead  Cool

As for what I have been up to... well stockpiling CGB of cause  Grin

[G]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ] ~ [ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[H]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Killiz

Activity: 750
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 03:03:39 PM

Hey guys!

If you ever happen across a rabbit hole, check it out. I hear they can be pretty interesting. The whole crypto scene really went into cryogenic stasis for a bit there but I think we must be near the end. I can't even begin to convey the potential. CGB is gonna be in just the right spot at the right time Wink

Missed you guys as well this summer, but man as it been a trip. Lets catch up. What you all been UP TO?Huh

papersheepdog, Canada

Hey PSD! Funny things them rabbit holes, never know exactly where you might end up. Glad you found your way back. Stay away from mirrors, for a while at least  Cheesy
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:10:47 PM

Looking great Elambert, really slick logo/splashscreen!
I'll be eager to try the new client both on osx and win64 and give feedback on how it works.
As always, great work!
ILoveBigBlackCocks

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 06:44:42 PM

Whoa!  Hold on now.

Was glad to see an update on CGB, this coin has been so quiet lately.  I was glossing over the latest post and almost didn't catch this tidbit.

-   White paper work has begun and editing and implementing will become the priority after the client release.

Whitepaper work?  Whitepaper on what?  Does this old girl still have some tricks up her sleeve?  Something secret in the works for CGB?
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 09:52:56 PM

Good going guys. Glad to see PSD is back too! Let's get the ball rolling. 

CGB an old girl? Lmao.

Whoa!  Hold on now.

Was glad to see an update on CGB, this coin has been so quiet lately.  I was glossing over the latest post and almost didn't catch this tidbit.

-   White paper work has begun and editing and implementing will become the priority after the client release.

Whitepaper work?  Whitepaper on what?  Does this old girl still have some tricks up her sleeve?  Something secret in the works for CGB?

Expect the client to continue to evolve dramatically as we have a number of exciting ‘new to the cryptosphere’ features in the pipeline to develop and implement. The team is aligned with the shared mission of adding features that are user friendly, game changing and practical as we believe innovation and simplicity of use to be critical factors in the push for mass adoption.
digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 06:40:19 AM

Rejoice!  CGB is an altcoin that never got added to Mintpal. Cheesy 
As people dump/abandoned the Mintpal backed pump & dump cartel scamcoins I expect we can see alot of value returning to CGB and other reputable altcoins Smiley

Looking forward to the new wallet! Smiley

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 09:01:32 PM

Couldn't help thinking that's like saying "YAY, CGB - The coin that wasn't part of MtGox!!11oneone" Smiley
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 10:20:06 PM

As people dump/abandoned the Mintpal backed pump & dump cartel scamcoins I expect we can see alot of value returning to CGB and other reputable altcoins Smiley

Looking forward to the new wallet! Smiley

noteworthy

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
BTCat
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 08:38:59 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2014, 08:48:38 AM by BTCat

Blocknet, The internet of blockchains / XBridge / true cross-chain P2P

Could be interesting for CGB. I'm not too technical so can't say if it's legit or doable. What you guys think?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=829576.0

Obviously the reason I post this is to discuss options for CGB to hook on to some of the latest technology. If people think that only the newer coins are interesting because of new algo's and features they could be proven wrong. While those coins are still in the diaper they often are a very risky investment. CGB has been solid tech since mid 2013, a good foundation to develop upon. You can build a wonderfull castle and have great dreams, but if that castle is build on quicksand ...., it's gone. On the other hand, when there is real innovation in crypto's then CGB can jump on the bandwagon. There are several projects that try to combine multiple cryptocurrencies into one system or network, it looks as if the clones are trying to become one again, it's almost metaphysics. I'm just wondering if such collaborations are the way to go for CGB.

Even a project as this is still in early stage or they are copycats from supernet. At all times we should avoid anything centralized or unproven.
elambert (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 09:41:40 AM

As always, thank you kindly to BTCat for your constant involvement and dedication to CGB and our community! You are truly a supporter who is worth his weight in Bullion  Grin

The Blocknet is a very interesting idea and something that crossed the Core Team's radar as well. Further research is needed though and I personally would like to see how this develops a bit more before tying CGB to the project. We have limited resources and a full plate of projects in the works right now which I feel are the right priority direction for CGB in order to stand on its own as a leader and innovator. Joining forces with some creative and successful projects occurring in the community should always be considered and pursued if the litmus test of legitimacy and integrity are passed. Lets keep an eye on this one and see how things play out. Sadly there are a lot of deceitful entities involved in this space, so in my opinion trust has to be earned over time and is hazardous to give out without proper vetting.

Changing gears, I would like to reiterate to the community that the new client is close to completion. This is very exciting for us as well as for members in the community as this involves providing new to CGB features and better client performance overall. On that note, I would like to request assistance from a couple of members from the community to assist in beta testing of the client to make 100% certain all bugs are worked out before public release. If you are interested and have some free time to assist with this, please respond on this thread and I will follow up with you. Note, we are not looking for a large group and will lean toward selection of those who have been active supporters in the selection process.

Thank you all for your involvement and support on this trailblazing journey thus far!

elambert

FiniteRed

Activity: 346
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 10:35:35 AM

Hi elambert, I would be willing/available for beta testing the new client - I can run both the Windows and Linux versions of the client if needs be Smiley

[G]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ] ~ [ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[H]
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 10:50:07 AM

Hi elambert, I would be willing/available for beta testing the new client - I can run both the Windows and Linux versions of the client if needs be Smiley

Fantastic! I was hoping you would be one of the volunteers! I will reach out soon.

Also, I should have mentioned - the test builds are Windows and Linux. We will add Mac support upon release.

Thanks!
Killiz

Activity: 750
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 08:10:02 PM
Last edit: October 24, 2014, 06:33:54 PM by Killiz

Blocknet, The internet of blockchains / XBridge / true cross-chain P2P

Could be interesting for CGB. I'm not too technical so can't say if it's legit or doable. What you guys think?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=829576.0

Obviously the reason I post this is to discuss options for CGB to hook on to some of the latest technology. If people think that only the newer coins are interesting because of new algo's and features they could be proven wrong. While those coins are still in the diaper they often are a very risky investment. CGB has been solid tech since mid 2013, a good foundation to develop upon. You can build a wonderfull castle and have great dreams, but if that castle is build on quicksand ...., it's gone. On the other hand, when there is real innovation in crypto's then CGB can jump on the bandwagon. There are several projects that try to combine multiple cryptocurrencies into one system or network, it looks as if the clones are trying to become one again, it's almost metaphysics. I'm just wondering if such collaborations are the way to go for CGB.

Even a project as this is still in early stage or they are copycats from supernet. At all times we should avoid anything centralized or unproven.
As always, thank you kindly to BTCat for your constant involvement and dedication to CGB and our community! You are truly a supporter who is worth his weight in Bullion  Grin

The Blocknet is a very interesting idea and something that crossed the Core Team's radar as well. Further research is needed though and I personally would like to see how this develops a bit more before tying CGB to the project. We have limited resources and a full plate of projects in the works right now which I feel are the right priority direction for CGB in order to stand on its own as a leader and innovator. Joining forces with some creative and successful projects occurring in the community should always be considered and pursued if the litmus test of legitimacy and integrity are passed. Lets keep an eye on this one and see how things play out. Sadly there are a lot of deceitful entities involved in this space, so in my opinion trust has to be earned over time and is hazardous to give out without proper vetting.

Changing gears, I would like to reiterate to the community that the new client is close to completion. This is very exciting for us as well as for members in the community as this involves providing new to CGB features and better client performance overall. On that note, I would like to request assistance from a couple of members from the community to assist in beta testing of the client to make 100% certain all bugs are worked out before public release. If you are interested and have some free time to assist with this, please respond on this thread and I will follow up with you. Note, we are not looking for a large group and will lean toward selection of those who have been active supporters in the selection process.

Thank you all for your involvement and support on this trailblazing journey thus far!

elambert

BTCat, as ever, always a trailblazer for CGB. Finding and beating down new avenues, opportunities and incentives. Respect.

I do although think CGB has the fundamentals and ability to stand alone as simply a store of value. No fancy frills. Pure simplicity. Simply digital bullion. No multiple unsteady exchanges, no hyped up tag on start up crypto ventures, and a vast array of merchants accepting and immediately converting CGB to BTC then fiat.

As elambert has stated in a previous post, simplicity is the key. The ease of use of the software, and an unconfused understanding that you are buying something that you put away for a rainy day and not think about (except for staking).

Too much is misunderstood about CGB. Too many people think of it as a coin, something you spend. It is digital gold. Everyone reading this thread knows this, so there is no need to make it something it is not. All that needs to be done is to make it the easiest digital asset for people to hold and understand. Nothing more. No bows and ribbons. CGB is simply Cryptogenic Bullion, the best thing to do with it, is to invest in it, hold it, and not make it any more complicated.
BTCat
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 08:32:01 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2014, 08:42:15 PM by BTCat

Thanks Killiz.

Good article was just posted:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/112782/blocknet-is-like-the-mega-man-of-altcoins

Actually it's pretty easy now to get your hands on real gold also with CGB since it paired with XRP on Cryptsy. Only problem is volume, it's a new market. But through the Ripple gateway you can easily buy gold. A big mass never accepted XRP because of premine etc. it seems there is a big shift now and people see benefits. But the other way around would be better, people can SPEND real gold, exchange for XRP and buy CGB's on Cryptsy. Cryptocoins and commodities are coming together as well:)
BTCat
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 11:10:29 PM

We should have a presence on the virtual-expo if it's possible. Explore pls, I will do tomorrow Cool:

http://cointelegraph.com/news/112824/december-5-6-2014-first-ever-virtual-expo-for-the-global-crypto-community

http://www.cryptomoneyexpo.com/expos/inv2/
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 01:28:49 PM

As always, thank you for finding this and bringing it to the attention of the community! I will definitely attend this conference and hope it to be a big success - it seems to be a wonderful idea. I have looked into the possibility of sponsoring and/or exhibiting but sadly the least expensive option is $1,500.
BTCat
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 01:39:18 PM

Oh that's insane $1,500. We could do a huge campaign on SecondLife for that (even $100 brings us far).
We could get some land and create a permanent infohub. It's a lot of work though to get it right and make proper buildings  Cheesy

Try creating a flag with CGB, one you could hold inhand above the crowd if possible, hehe. I don't see any option to preview or try the virtual environment, you may not be able to bring anything in there.
BTCat
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 08:42:46 PM

Posting some info that can be used to submit CGB to a large Social Media tipping platform. I have not filled in an application as it is something that the CGB community would want
(mainly because of the setup fee of $120 value). Many coinservices ask for something to support a coin and that is why I believe CGB needs a formula to collect some funds for this type of things. That way CGB can develop more fast in the field. How? I don't know but I have the feeling it's gonna be more and more important. The ICO coins can do this a lot easier if the money is spend well. Anyhow, explore below links and see if it's interesting to target. 

About WhitePuma.net: tipping with cryptocurrencies
http://www.whitepuma.net/about/

Learn about the voting system:
http://community.coldcryptos.com/threads/read-this-before-posting-a-request.350/

Application for coin:
http://www.whitepuma.net/multitipping/forum/index.php?mode=page&id=4
duts_bg

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 07:46:40 AM

Hi friends!
The idea of the CGB is to be "gold bullion", as I understand. The only practical application, however, of  "gold bullion" is sitting in the vaults of banks. Why not try to do something in this direction with these here:
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/fidor-bank-partners-kraken-create-cryptocurrency-bank/    ?

SHIFT is a distributed P2P network that incentivizes decentralization for secure content publishing and storage.
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 10:39:05 AM

Hi friends!
The idea of the CGB is to be "gold bullion", as I understand. The only practical application, however, of  "gold bullion" is sitting in the vaults of banks. Why not try to do something in this direction with these here:
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/fidor-bank-partners-kraken-create-cryptocurrency-bank/    ?

Thank you for the heads-up, will definitely keep on eye on this  Wink

However, please keep in mind that one of the advantages that CGB has versus gold is that it allows one to be their own secure 'vault' and eliminates the reliance on a 3rd party. More services and alternatives are definitely worth pursuing and establishing, but this core benefit should not be overlooked in my opinion.
Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 »
  Print  

Jump to: