Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is your position on US Bitcoin Regulation:
FOR - 54 (30.7%)
AGAINST - 122 (69.3%)
Total Voters: 176

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: US BITCOIN REGULATION "FOR" or "AGAINST"  (Read 6257 times)
BitTrade

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 05:29:25 AM

There are other ways to make things seem legitimate that don't involve being controlled by a gang of thieves writ large (government).  

The real question should be, given the existence of the US government, do you believe it is beneficial for bitcoins to be legal or illegal under US law.  As it reads, the question has multiple meanings.  

Anyone voting "yes" must be o.k. with bitcoin businesses having to shell out an extra $100k+ per year in compliance costs... It's easy to vote "for" regulation when you don't have to foot the bill, but realize that the entire bitcoin community suffers.  That money is better spent on making high quality bitcoin products and services for YOU.  

I live within the invisible lines commonly referred to as the "USA", and I voted Against.
threeip

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2013, 05:34:33 AM

For a user with three posts , he's 100%. Regulation is why we don't have ten real US exchanges already.

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ GPG:2AFD99BB ಠ_ಠ mon
Book

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 05:36:24 AM

Seriously against, I mean look at mt gox now, you have to send ID and bill scans to be able to use them. BTC is something for the people.
Cyberdyne

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 06:32:33 AM

I picked "FOR"... purely for the hilarity that will ensue.
Cyberdyne

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 06:33:25 AM

I vote: Make bitcoin illegal is the US.
home country: Denmark
Reason: 4 TEH LULZ, the rest of the world needs a good laughs.

I guess kokjo had the same thought.
TECHICENINE

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2013, 07:05:23 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2013, 09:18:12 AM by TECHICENINE

i'm all for regulations however i see pinksheet/otcbb/Q~*type*~regs coming which is to say= 0 regs. thanks

http://adserv.stocksite.com/images/paulie/pennyindex.jpg
bitrebel

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 07:12:56 AM

All the people , FOR regulation .....

You are the lemmings.

Now go march OFF the cliff.....already!!!!

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.
polarhei

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Firing it up

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 07:16:08 AM

The being requires guidances, They cannot control all, but the fiat used, to take crimials down.

Since information means money, better clarify
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 08:52:34 AM

do people in this thread realize that regulation can be good for bitcoin?

it moves bitcoin out of this half-way-there state, where its mostly have been used to trade drugs, and make risky investment.
it have  have been for about 2 years now in this state.

no matter what ever you think that regulations are bad or good: people trust in regulation, when regulation come it will finally determind what ever bitcoins are illegal or legal, and remove the uncertainty.

regulations are good for bitcoin.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 10:05:13 AM

it moves bitcoin out of this half-way-there state, where its mostly have been used to trade drugs, and make risky investment.
it have  have been for about 2 years now in this state.

You have been here long enough that you should know that the percentage of bitcoins used for drugs is minute.
No one forces you to invest in risky ventures, do you need an expensive nanny to tell you what what to do?

Signature space available for rent.
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050

You are WRONG!

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 10:23:54 AM

*anarchistic libertard rant*
slikroad is the reason for bitcoin to hit 260/lack of regulations is why its down under 100 again.

i don't need regulations directly, PEOPLE need regulations to thrust bitcoin. and if i want bitcoin to succeed i indirectly need regulation too because people need them.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 03:10:30 PM

Of course without the US all of Europe would be the country of Germany....  

[/quote]

cool story bro
BCB (OP)
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 03:19:14 PM

*anarchistic libertard rant*
slikroad is the reason for bitcoin to hit 260/lack of regulations is why its down under 100 again.

i don't need regulations directly, PEOPLE need regulations to thrust bitcoin. and if i want bitcoin to succeed i indirectly need regulation too because people need them.

+1 Somone who get it!
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2013, 10:21:45 PM

US against.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
idev

Activity: 859
Merit: 1004

BTC OG and designer of the BitcoinMarket.com logo

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 10:37:20 PM

Who can not be for regulation seeing how the fantastic regulators handled HSBC and Wells Fargo and others etc.
BitTrade

Activity: 173

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 06:22:22 AM

Who can not be for regulation seeing how the fantastic regulators handled HSBC and Wells Fargo and others etc.

But.. But... if only we had MORE government regulation on the banks.. We need regulators in every room of every building of every financial institution in the country!  take that, credit default swappers!  never mind the fact that the banks enjoyed government-subsidized losses and private profits, allowing them to make decisions without being subject to free market forces...
hany103

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 01:32:23 PM

I'm for regulating, I don't believe in Anarchist's currency.
RoadToHell

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 03:17:47 PM

Will the regulators be hot?  Will there be spanking?

Sam Spade: We were talking about a lot more money than this.
Kasper Gutman: Yes, sir, we were, but this is genuine coin of the realm. With a dollar of this, you can buy ten dollars of talk.
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 03:20:38 PM

I am for some regulations, and paying taxes, but against complex banking regulations and AML. Overall, I would say against.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 05:04:30 PM

We just need everyone worshiping Americhrist to get off their knees and realize how fucked they are. They don't even listen to their own history!

Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever you can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser — in fees, expenses, and waste of time ~ Abraham Lincoln

The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves - in their separate, and individual capacities. In all that the people can individually do as well for themselves, government ought not to interfere ~ Abraham Lincoln

So what do the people of Americhrist do? They litigate each other into oblivion and ask the government to do everything for them short of washing their balls. California is the worst abuser. Let's take all of the people that want to be controlled by government and ship them to LA and then dynamite the pacific plate boundary separating them from the rest of the country.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: