Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is your position on US Bitcoin Regulation:
FOR - 54 (30.7%)
AGAINST - 122 (69.3%)
Total Voters: 176

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: US BITCOIN REGULATION "FOR" or "AGAINST"  (Read 6259 times)
WaverleyStreet

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 10:18:34 PM

Indeed, the fact that flags are not made in America says something about regulation.  In places where there are less regulations the price of textiles is cheaper, and in these same places people die in textile mills because there are no building codes.

The only people who are above the law are the lawmakers and their masters, the 1%.  I don't know why you want to fight me.  I'm not the 1% and neither are you.  I prefer working in a textile mill where I won't die because the power cord is frayed.  Maybe you are lucky enough to be able to "not work" in your imaginary utopia.

hemp hemp hooray!!!

http://blazemeup.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/312312_405544489527769_355398175_n-300x300.jpg

>>IS IT GETTING SMOKEY IN HERE?LOL!_\*/_
sergio

Activity: 313
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2013, 10:26:23 PM

From usa most of the time. Completely against regulation.
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 10:46:11 PM

The hemp industry, reborn in Colorado in 2012, is THRIVING.  The taxes paid to the state and local governments, along with wise management, have keep us from becoming bankrupt like so many states.  The first 30 some odd million from the sale of recreational marijuana will be used to rebuild our failing public school infrastructure.

Yes Regulate me MORE!

WaverleyStreet

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 11:19:38 PM

The hemp industry, reborn in Colorado in 2012, is THRIVING.  The taxes paid to the state and local governments, along with wise management, have keep us from becoming bankrupt like so many states.  The first 30 some odd million from the sale of recreational marijuana will be used to rebuild our failing public school infrastructure.

Yes Regulate me MORE!

ya man i can vouch for this>>earlier this year in Colorado we were smoking right in front of the pigs and they didn't even flinch!!LOL

>>NICEEEEEEEEEE
Viceroy

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 01:01:18 AM

And that is why I like regulation.  The Colorado state regulators keep the federal regulators out, when the state regulators do their job well.

Here is the future.  Pucker up and get read to get regulated.

While off topic, I posted this nonetheless.  The Vinklevoss Brothers have made an SEC filing.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 01:03:33 AM

Great, another episode of Mad Magazines Troll vs Troll.

WaverleyStreet

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 01:10:13 AM

Great, another episode of Mad Magazines Troll vs Troll.

stop with all this M.A.D.- BITNET - BITCOIN CONNECTION !!!LOL

now the regulators can be trusted believe me no they won't pull the plug on Silk Road!!!HAAAA
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 01:38:57 AM

You and Viceroy are killing threads all over the forum today. Now you've moved to speculation. Why don't you two dickheads go play in the street with a loaded gun.

WaverleyStreet

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 01:47:56 AM

Erik Voorhees: "For" ====>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2YllvbJo6g

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1579346/000119312513279830/d562329ds1.htm

>>>WTF!!!!
Viceroy

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 01:50:03 AM

here is the english version:
http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2013/07/01/first-name-in-the-first-fund-for-bitcoins-winklevoss/
PerfectAgent

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Still the Best 1973

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 02:50:03 AM

God damn. Looking at this thread I feel like in some insane alternate dimension. Wait...

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle
BTC Address: 14qkEkmoWQbgF4EMB6F5m8p3LU1D8UK32D ||||||||||| NMC Address: N8xv7xXnLnRgSvQCRK9vwndsH2HBAifs3C
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 09:09:17 AM

Regulations! Read about what happened when banks got centralized.

im not saying that bitcoin should get centralized.

im just saying that it would help bitcoin, if governments came out and said that bitcoin legal. and you should pay tax of them, just like any other traditional currency.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 09:12:01 AM

Regulation... LOL

BTW, look at how screwed up is that chart, big crash ongoing Cheesy

ErisDiscordia
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163

Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 09:31:04 AM

i don't need regulations directly, PEOPLE need regulations to thrust bitcoin. and if i want bitcoin to succeed i indirectly need regulation too because people need them.

Oh yes, YOU wise sir are above the need for regulation, you can take care of yourself, thank you very much. On the other hand, those OTHER stupid people, they need regulation, otherwise they would just die from exhaustion while trying to exit their own flat because they are that stupid. Of course.

Gay. I smoke big fat doobies regardless of the local "laws". Unlike Viceroy, I'm no slave begging for freedom's from my master. I do what I want.

+1. Also you should ignore the statist cheerleader. He says "oh I'm not in the 1% why do you hate me?".  Well maybe because you're actively advertising and supporting the system of the 1%. When your masters have successfully convinced you that you really NEED them, then it's game over for your soul.

edit: AGAINST regulation. Obviously.

Everything else under the sun is already regulated. They'd regulate the sun if they could figure out how. And it's been working out oh so well. I'm in favor of trying it without regulation. Those who are sure it can't work can just fork their own gumbentcoin and continue business as usual. Those of us who have the modesty of admitting that we don't know if it can work and the adventurous spirit to find out...carry on with an unregulated Bitcoin.

It's all bullshit. But bullshit makes the flowers grow and that's beautiful.
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 10:14:12 AM

i don't need regulations directly, PEOPLE need regulations to thrust bitcoin. and if i want bitcoin to succeed i indirectly need regulation too because people need them.

Oh yes, YOU wise sir are above the need for regulation, you can take care of yourself, thank you very much. On the other hand, those OTHER stupid people, they need regulation, otherwise they would just die from exhaustion while trying to exit their own flat because they are that stupid. Of course.

no, i understand why bitcoin works, and therefor i thrust in it. PEOPLE are stupid and are currently not studying CS, and therefor have limits abilities to understand and thrust bitcoin based on knowledge, they therefor need an authority they thrust to vouch for bitcoin(ie. government/regulations).

also i want regulation to have clarity about the legal aspects of bitcoin

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
ErisDiscordia
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 10:31:54 AM

no, i understand why bitcoin works, and therefor i thrust in it. PEOPLE are stupid and are currently not studying CS, and therefor have limits abilities to understand and thrust bitcoin based on knowledge, they therefor need an authority they thrust to vouch for bitcoin(ie. government/regulations).

so it's I AM SMART and PEOPLE ARE STUPID? Sort of makes me think of this:

"I'm not like most girls"
- most girls

Grin

Please realize that this faceless entity you seem to think of as the "uneducated stupid masses" includes YOU from the viewpoint of almost anyone else thinking the same way.

There is no such thing as "the public" or "the masses". There are just people. Individual people, stupid, smart and in between but every single one of them capable of improvement. By saying that they need authority and regulation you are denying their ability to improve and learn from their mistakes. Not only that, you're actively promoting taking this ability away from them. Pfui! Bad Kokjo!

edit: maybe you actually want to be able to think of other people as "stupid uneducated masses" in order to prop up your ego and feel better about yourself? Certainly understandable, though not worthy of praise in my eyes Smiley But if you actually care about those people, please reconsider if what they really need is more authority and regulation and not freedom to choose and learn from the consequences of their actions. How do you expect anyone to get less stupid/to learn if you deny him the option to do so?

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 10:56:55 AM

so it's I AM SMART and PEOPLE ARE STUPID? Sort of makes me think of this:

"I'm not like most girls"
- most girls
on this topic i am not like most girls, yes i said that. I AM smarter the most people, most people even have a hard time turning on a fucking computer.

on other topics, i am just like most girls(or worse): I don't know shit about it.

Grin

Please realize that this faceless entity you seem to think of as the "uneducated stupid masses" includes YOU from the viewpoint of almost anyone else thinking the same way.

There is no such thing as "the public" or "the masses". There are just people. Individual people, stupid, smart and in between but every single one of them capable of improvement. By saying that they need authority and regulation you are denying their ability to improve and learn from their mistakes. Not only that, you're actively promoting taking this ability away from them. Pfui! Bad Kokjo!

edit: maybe you actually want to be able to think of other people as "stupid uneducated masses" in order to prop up your ego and feel better about yourself? Certainly understandable, though not worthy of praise in my eyes Smiley But if you actually care about those people, please reconsider if what they really need is more authority and regulation and not freedom to choose and learn from the consequences of their actions. How do you expect anyone to get less stupid/to learn if you deny him the option to do so?
you should hear some of the shit people(99%), who don't understand how computers works, say.

many/most people do not understand the technically side of bitcoin. if you don't trust me, go ask the cashier in your local supermarket, if they can explain bitcoin to you or if they even know what it is.

I acknowledge my strengths and limitations. please fuck off troll.

ErisDiscordia
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 11:15:45 AM

Maybe I haven't made my point clear enough. I'm not trying to troll you.

Yes, people are known to say stupid shit about computers, politics, cars and whatever. Also their level of conviction seems to be inversely correlated to the amount of actual knowledge they have on a given subject. If you happen to be knowledgeable in a given subject (say, computers) you can spot this easily. Yet thinking about those people that they are stupid seems a dangerous delusion to me. It ascribes an essence of stupidity to those people and implies it can not be changed. Yet there is no essence of stupidity. There are only people who do stupid things and say stupid things at certain times. And everyone is guilty of this at certain times. Denying this about yourself will only be viewed as a stupid act by me (and I suspect by some others) and you will end up in that same category of "stupid masses" in their view. This way it seems that everybody believes in this entity consisting entirely of stupid people, but nobody puts themselves in it. See the problem with that?

Based on your writing style you seem to be a smart fellow. And it seems to be easy for smart people to become cynical and go "I'm smart, people are stupid". Now I'm not hating on you for this. I'm trying to point out that if the situation of "people are stupid" bothers you, you might consider that your attitude does exactly nothing to help the situation. Actually it seems that people will often behave in stupid ways, because they have been imprinted by their parents, peers, culture and teachers that they are stupid. Reinforcing this imprint doesn't seem very helpful to me, do you see what I mean?

I'm more interested in creating circumstances in which people can thrive and expand their intelligence. I suppose you can find lots of example from your personal life and the lives of famous people, where some people have acquired excellent levels of intelligence and skill and usually you will find they have been in circumstances supportive of this achievement. Creating positive circumstances can start with something as simple as some words of encouragement and some belief in the potential of people in general.

To sort of tie this back to the original debate: This is one potential I see in Bitcoin. It has the potential to be a platform through which people can more effectively increase their skill and intelligence. Just think of an example of a blogger who can now receive small payments from people who find his blogs fun to read. Or a reviewer who can get some income thanks to the usefulness of their reviews. Or a musician uploading her songs on youtube and receiving some mBTC from people who enjoyed her songs. This might provide those people with incentive to further hone their skills. Also it provides more financial possibilities and probably more time to develop their skills, as well. Who knows, maybe the blogger will get so skillful and intelligent by blogging all the time, that he can live entirely from the income this generates?

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 11:44:29 AM

Maybe I haven't made my point clear enough. I'm not trying to troll you.

Yes, people are known to say stupid shit about computers, politics, cars and whatever. Also their level of conviction seems to be inversely correlated to the amount of actual knowledge they have on a given subject. If you happen to be knowledgeable in a given subject (say, computers) you can spot this easily. Yet thinking about those people that they are stupid seems a dangerous delusion to me. It ascribes an essence of stupidity to those people and implies it can not be changed. Yet there is no essence of stupidity. There are only people who do stupid things and say stupid things at certain times. And everyone is guilty of this at certain times. Denying this about yourself will only be viewed as a stupid act by me (and I suspect by some others) and you will end up in that same category of "stupid masses" in their view. This way it seems that everybody believes in this entity consisting entirely of stupid people, but nobody puts themselves in it. See the problem with that?
people are stupid on a given subject, and i am too. and that cannot be changed, everyone cannot know everything.

Based on your writing style you seem to be a smart fellow. And it seems to be easy for smart people to become cynical and go "I'm smart, people are stupid". Now I'm not hating on you for this. I'm trying to point out that if the situation of "people are stupid" bothers you, you might consider that your attitude does exactly nothing to help the situation. Actually it seems that people will often behave in stupid ways, because they have been imprinted by their parents, peers, culture and teachers that they are stupid. Reinforcing this imprint doesn't seem very helpful to me, do you see what I mean?
i am smart on somethings, and there are alot of shit that im shit at doing. i don't see a problem in that, you do.

I'm more interested in creating circumstances in which people can thrive and expand their intelligence. I suppose you can find lots of example from your personal life and the lives of famous people, where some people have acquired excellent levels of intelligence and skill and usually you will find they have been in circumstances supportive of this achievement. Creating positive circumstances can start with something as simple as some words of encouragement and some belief in the potential of people in general.
No, i do not want to have knowlegde about pre-renaissance german poets. I want to keep my stupidity about that subject intact, and let someone interested learn about that.

To sort of tie this back to the original debate: This is one potential I see in Bitcoin. It has the potential to be a platform through which people can more effectively increase their skill and intelligence. Just think of an example of a blogger who can now receive small payments from people who find his blogs fun to read. Or a reviewer who can get some income thanks to the usefulness of their reviews. Or a musician uploading her songs on youtube and receiving some mBTC from people who enjoyed her songs. This might provide those people with incentive to further hone their skills. Also it provides more financial possibilities and probably more time to develop their skills, as well. Who knows, maybe the blogger will get so skillful and intelligent by blogging all the time, that he can live entirely from the income this generates?
some people are just not capable of comprehending a thing like bitcoin, some don't have the time, and some don't have the interest, and some have better things to do.
these people are what i call stupid, even though its not deserved, its true. They lack knowledge about bitcoin. They will or can never understand bitcoin, and therefor need thrust in authority(or simple empirical evidence, but some people are even incapable of understanding that).

ErisDiscordia
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 12:11:05 PM

Hey I feel I understand you much better now!

The only thing, which I don't (yet) understand is the following:

some people are just not capable of comprehending a thing like bitcoin, some don't have the time, and some don't have the interest, and some have better things to do.
these people are what i call stupid, even though its not deserved, its true. They lack knowledge about bitcoin. They will or can never understand bitcoin, and therefor need thrust in authority(or simple empirical evidence, but some people are even incapable of understanding that).

I don't see how the bolded part follows from what you've said before.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: