Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:32:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Maybe I am the last bull...  (Read 2705 times)
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 11:03:32 PM

Yeah, and "everyone who is relevant" has nothing to do with mass adoption. Funny how "everyone" and "the future of...human civilization" is now "everyone who is relevant" -- a bunch of tech geeks.

Digital P2P inflation-proof currency is absolutely in the future of human civilization. I'd take that bet any time.

These ideas are not going away. Deal with it.
I'm not saying they are. I'm saying that the statement OP made was ridiculous, and you haven't done anything to disprove that assertion. I also thought it was worth pointing out since OP was using the old perma-bull "bitcoin is the future" bit to say people should buy in the short / medium term. It's a good reason to buy if you will simply buy and hold for the long haul (indeed, I am a long term bull), but it's quite irrelevant in the shorter term.
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 11:05:50 PM

Yeah, and "everyone who is relevant" has nothing to do with mass adoption. Funny how "everyone" and "the future of...human civilization" is now "everyone who is relevant" -- a bunch of tech geeks.

Digital P2P inflation-proof currency is absolutely in the future of human civilization. I'd take that bet any time.

I'm not saying they are. I'm saying that the statement OP made was ridiculous, and you haven't done anything to disprove that assertion. I also thought it was worth pointing out since OP was using the old perma-bull "bitcoin is the future" bit to say people should buy in the short / medium term. It's a good reason to buy if you will simply buy and hold for the long haul (indeed, I am a long term bull), but it's quite irrelevant in the shorter term.

As far as my comprehension skills tell me, he said "bitcoin or something like it". I don't have to disprove anything, never said bitcoin was the future of mankind.

BTC is like all the leaders of the tribe agreeing to make themselves richer. It is immune from what weaklings might say. Therefore in the 19th century it would have been an aristocrat, in the 20th a fascist and in the 21st it votes for Ron Paul.

This has nothing at all to do with the working idea that is bitcoin. Its pure technology.

Bitcoin price speculation and markets are a whole other topic entirely.

Human 'tribes' do what you are describing all the time with fiat currencies. Bitcoin not required. I argue that over time, bitcoin is more resistant to people enriching themselves and their friends through inflation, compared to traditional currencies.

If you know of a better way, develop it and release it to the world. If its truly better, it should flourish.

I just registered for the $PLOTS presale! Thank you @plotsfinance for allowing me to purchase tokens at the discounted valuation of only $0.015 per token, a special offer for anyone who participated in the airdrop. Tier II round is for the public at $0.025 per token. Allocation is very limited and you need to register first using the official Part III link found on their twitter. Register using my referral code CPB5 to receive 2,500 points.
wonkytonky

Activity: 411
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 11:13:36 PM

I think this is it.

It's going to go up from here. You can say all you want about capitulation and the "great dollar extraction" but, deep in your heart, you know that bitcoin is the future, and bitcoins will therefore inevitably go to $1,000+ USD per bitcoin.

Those of you who are waiting for another $10 drop, or another $20 drop... go for it, but you are risking more than you realize. This is not like 2011 where everyone thought the bitcoin "experiment" was over... today everyone thinks that bitcoin "or something like it" is almost certainly going to be the future of how human civilization engages in trade and storing of value.

A few more weak hands will sell in the next week or two, sure, but Coinsetter, Kraken, CryptoStreet, and dozens of other projects we haven't even heard about are in development and will be coming out soon.

tl;dr: everyone knows bitcoin is the future, even the bears who have sold and want to buy back... don't be the person who sold at the bottom

CryptoStreet! go go go..  

orderbook.
"Refreshes every 10 seconds. Includes real-time pricing from Vircurex, BitStamp, BTC-e, and MtGox."

YES! mtgox  .. volume...     arrrrrr..

cant wait

Whatever. And no you haven’t been in bitcoin since 2010. Plus if you really feel the way you do. Then sell. Have conviction. If not keep pounding sand.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 11:20:30 PM

As far as my comprehension skills tell me, he said "bitcoin or something like it". I don't have to disprove anything, never said bitcoin was the future of mankind.
You're missing it. He said "today everyone thinks that..." My point was that everyone does not think so; in fact, only an extreme minority of people think so. Hence, it's a really bad basis for his argument.
chufchuf

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 11:37:45 PM

BTC is like all the leaders of the tribe agreeing to make themselves richer. It is immune from what weaklings might say. Therefore in the 19th century it would have been an aristocrat, in the 20th a fascist and in the 21st it votes for Ron Paul.

This has nothing at all to do with the working idea that is bitcoin. Its pure technology.

Bitcoin price speculation and markets are a whole other topic entirely.

Human 'tribes' do what you are describing all the time with fiat currencies. Bitcoin not required. I argue that over time, bitcoin is more resistant to people enriching themselves and their friends through inflation, compared to traditional currencies.

If you know of a better way, develop it and release it to the world. If its truly better, it should flourish.

If there are only seven bananas on the island where there are 3 orangutans, that is a state of no inflation. if however we decide to start printing bananas, there is inflation. it is only in the former case where we see this kind of behavior. In the latter we only see confused orangutans asking the banana issuer when the 3D banana printer is coming.
monkeybars

Activity: 278
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 01:41:14 AM

bitcoin is just a hash that is rare, it's a piece of text, one can claim it's defended by Freedom of Speech, so maybe one day we will see a ruling by the Supreme Court, but that's a long way off.

interesting thought . . . not that it would affect usage much
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 4493

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:38:05 AM

If I believed bitcoin was the future, I'd buy it and hold it.. but I dont. And most people are like me, and thats why the price goes up and down.
Most people don't buy and hold?

I thought there were far more bitcoins being hoarded than circulated.
mp420

Activity: 501
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 04:14:54 AM

I haven't regretted a single time when I've bought BTC.

I haven't regretted a single time I've sold BTC either.

What I have regretted is that I didn't sell at around $20 in 2011. If I had, I would have a lot more money now.

I didn't want to make the same mistake twice, so this time I've sold above $190. That turned out great.
Frozenlock

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 04:29:22 AM

What I have regretted is that I didn't sell at around $20 in 2011. If I had, I would have a lot more money now.

I know that feel...
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: