Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:02:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is BTC the new gold ?  (Read 2742 times)
juliamichaels18

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:18:14 PM

bitcoin is already old enough to be called gold this days. just invest yours on ethereum and see how much money you can gain from investing on one of the best coin in the market. bitcoin is so hard to increasing anymore. time to stop think about bitcoin future. lets think about altcoin future cause I think altcoin is the only way for cryptocurrency to survive.
bitvelk

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:30:07 PM

Its value is already high enough to be boldly called a new gold. However, the price of gold is more stable, so bitcoin makes many people nervous about their fluctuations in prices and gives gold more weight.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
mcguire1905

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:11:21 PM

The similarities of Gold and Bitcoin are that their values aren't tied to any government currency
and the amount of Gold and Bitcoin in the world is Finite.

However, Bitcoin is more portable, convenient and also has the ability to do cross-border transactions. Another difference is that Bitcoin has no intrinsic value or utility - its value is solely determined by supply and demand as is only worth what the market says its worth, whereas Gold has an actual value and use from the metal itself.

FlintJuan

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:33:55 PM

I think bitcoin is better than gold because its so very expensive.
Walrus1

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:21:11 PM

ha ha great analysis what are ur thoughts on palladium v btc or is very expensive your official analysis
myhometalk

Activity: 138
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:23:00 PM

They are 2 different things.
Walrus1

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:24:32 PM

What do you think is easier to sell 300,000 dollars of gold or 300,000 of btc, I can tell you it's very easy to sell 300,000 of gold in one pop
Walrus1

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:25:34 PM

They are 2 different things.
i know but people won't stop with these btc better than gold threads it's driving me nuts
White32

Activity: 146
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:28:12 AM

I couldn' t say yes, that btc is a new gold because gold is absolutely known by the whole entire world from the beggining of our lives, it is also valuable and the prices has never changes in terms of grams. People kept it not only for savings, also for decorations as the jewelries. Thats why gold will not be gone, even btc get famous in the next century.

███ P2P CASH ▬ ███ ▍ SMART CONTRACT PLATFORMis the platform fully dedicated to ██████████ JOIN ██████████ ◥ international money transactions ▐ ◼ discordtwittertelegram
Walrus1

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:04:54 AM

So gold will be the new palladium, silver and gold, yeah let's throw in copper as well
tigermonkey

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:03:21 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2018, 05:14:21 AM by tigermonkey

Heard about this - BTC is a digital version of gold, a new asset class. Let's see how it develops.

danggoron

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:25:19 AM

Heard about this - BTC is a digital version of gold, a new asset class. Let's see how it develops.
I agree with you. However, bitcoin prices are volatile,  gold that has prices likely to be stable. Both are very profitable to be invested, which is important to maintain its security well

futuristic18

Activity: 59

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:34:37 AM

If you are comparing BTC with Gold as an investment then it could be. But actually not, Gold we can use physically but BTC is a crypto currency not present physically.

There is no working comparison between the two, as Gold is not only used as investment.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:38:53 AM

Earlier, bitcoin was compared to new gold, since it more fulfilled the function of accumulating value than a payment instrument. However, as the cost of bitcoin increased, the risks of investing in it began to increase, as it became more and more apparent as a financial bubble that could initially inflate in value and then burst. Therefore, until a certain time, it will be a new gold, but gold can practically be stored forever, which can not be said about bitcoin.
LindaFallar

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:47:20 AM

As a newbie, I am still on the process of knowing what BTC all about. Well, if it is really new gold, it's good and if not, still good. BTC is a new gold! An information that everyone would like to hear. If it is really true that Btc is the new gold, I would convince other that they should try investing Bitcoins for their future.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:01:41 AM

Gold is still better than bitcoin. Bitcoin is just expensive than gold but in terms of stability and importance, Gold is so much higher. Also if there will be professional traders or investors that will pick either of these two, they would probably pick Gold over bitcoin.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
dvillier

Activity: 238
Merit: 57

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:06:52 AM

I Think that, bitcoin is more profitable than gold. on the off chance that anybody say to pick bitcoin or gold I like to purchase bitcoin. be that as it may, I figure it would be benefit in the event that you contribute your cash to purchase bitcoin, contrasted with purchasing gold would be speedier purchase bitcoin for incentive to the benefit. presently a day Bitcoin is more mainstream and significant than Gold.
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:25:29 AM

I Think that, bitcoin is more profitable than gold. on the off chance that anybody say to pick bitcoin or gold I like to purchase bitcoin. be that as it may, I figure it would be benefit in the event that you contribute your cash to purchase bitcoin, contrasted with purchasing gold would be speedier purchase bitcoin for incentive to the benefit. presently a day Bitcoin is more mainstream and significant than Gold.

I agree with you mate. I like the way you put your words - reads like a pleading of a lawyer. Anyway, I agree with you that investing with bitcoin at the moment is more profitable than gold when we are talking of investing in short-term.
Innocant

Activity: 1414
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:37:24 AM

I Think that, bitcoin is more valuable than gold. if anyone say to choose bitcoin or gold I prefer to buy bitcoin. but I think it would be profit if you invest your money to buy bitcoin, compared to buying gold would be faster buy bitcoin for value to the profit. now a day Bitcoin is more popular and valuable  than Gold.

Must better on that way to invest your money into bitcoin, Actually im just trying to buy some bitcoin on when the bitcoin has have a low value and i hold it until the bitcoin has increasing so much. And i earn enough bitcoins and get some profit for that buying a bitcoins in low value.
adsadsx

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:19:49 AM

If someone figures a way to break sha256 hash (and ripemod160) then bitcoin would lose all of its value.

I cant see the same happening to gold. Gold will always remain gold.

In the long run, the long-term expected return on cryptocurrencies should be low. In the hypothetical return that should be at or below the low of the global real output growth, the digital currency should be considered a low / zero return or hedging asset, similar to gold or some other metal.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: