Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 01:40:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is BTC the new gold ?  (Read 2742 times)
McKane

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

IF PROBLEM WITH MY TRUST THEN BRING AN ESCROW.

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:57:28 AM

In a few words we can state that bitcoin is another gold however it is more valuable than gold since it is improving individuals life which is very awesome by side of bitcoin so I might want to state that we ought to consider bitcoin as precious stone and platinum rather contrasting and gold.

IBMINER DONE A GOOD JOB. I learned a lesson from him. He gave me negative trust just because i was dealing with account seller. To buy an account.
MaxSmith87

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:58:59 AM

Gold was the hedge against uncertainty, the asset where investors could park their cash in times of political and economic turmoil. Now Bitcoin is taking its place, the same role. So, i guess Bitcoin is the new gold.
wjchong

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 12:07:29 PM

Bitcoin is better than gold because Bitcoin reached at 10K but gold is still $1,281.90 per ounce. Bitcoins are best.

BTC BTC MY SAFE HOUSE :- A home that can protect your wealth and life of your families during disaster. BTC
arikassuja

Activity: 535

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:10:05 PM

Bitcoin can have the same function as gold, but what makes bitcoin even greater than gold is because bitcoin makes it easier for people to trade with everyone wherever they are.
So I think bitcoin is better than gold
pintudepan

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:16:07 PM

i will sell it
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 12:20:51 PM

Considering the skyrocketing performance of Bitcoin so far Tom Lee says, "We think over the next 10 years, this new generation of millennials are going to view trust as a replacement for gold. So, Bitcoin is essentially digital gold for another generation."

The core principle of Bitcoin is focused on giving better benefits than that of the traditional infrastructure so, in terms of investment, I do support the idea of making the long-term investment in Bitcoin considering the growth and world's positive perception about Bitcoin.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:31:35 PM

Bitcoin is better than gold because Bitcoin reached at 10K but gold is still $1,281.90 per ounce. Bitcoins are best.

At this moment bitcoin is better but can we predict future?
Gold is very famous because of stability and security.
Gold was very valuable 1000 years ago, it is very valuable now and will be very valuable in 1000 years.
What about bitcoin?
Its value has increased 15 times in only 2 years.
There is no stability and security here.
Some other crypto currency can replace bitcoin in the future, who know?
Btc value can grow but also fall significantly, depends on many factors.
In the long term, I prefer gold.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:35:32 PM

Yes on this moment we can say bitcoin is the best and no other currency can bet its record which so expensive and of course we all know that “Everything that has a beginning, has an ending also. Maybe this scenario is temporary and perhaps  it will make a new correction again which is back to the lowest valued and we need to accept the fact cause it still occur . Im just saying. Lol
Jafri101

Activity: 546

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:42:07 PM

Yes Bitcoin is the new gold. Its the most highly valuable asset that has turned into the most precious gold because of its price increasement day by day going so high that its becoming gold and asset for long term holders.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:47:11 PM

Bitcoin is very different from gold. Bitcoin is a digital thing while gold is real. Maybe the similarity is only the value it has. gold and Bitcoin have incredible prices. Gold is currently one of the safest investment mediums, while Bitcoin has tremendous value. For me gold and Bitcoin are used for profitable investments. However I would never say Bitcoin is new gold !!
Lannie25

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:18:43 PM

Bitcoin can represent the gold in field of electronic currency; which possess the characteristics of gold like its value never depreciates and not affected by the threat of inflation.
At the same time they become more expensive as the time goes by.
Felix1

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:26:26 PM

Cryptocurrencies like bitcoin are not the "new gold."  Many commentators have dubbed bitcoin "digital gold" because of the fact it has a finite supply and has at times seen price rises due to geopolitical tensions. Gold wins out over cryptocurrencies in a majority of the key characteristics of money.

Gold is clearly better at holding its purchasing power, and has much lower daily volatility.  Bitcoin's volatility averaged almost seven times that of gold in 2017. The price of  gold is up over 10 percent this year. Bitcoin meanwhile is up over 400 percent. However, the cryptocurrency has had wild swings in price.

Bitcoin can be broken down into much smaller units. While this may make it look like a better medium of exchange than gold. However,  transaction fees have risen sharply this year. The average transaction fee at its peak in mid-July was just below $9.
Domenc

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:32:57 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2017, 06:46:37 PM by Domenc

Bitcoin and gold are different commodities. While bitcoin is getting a tremendous value each day it is still volatile. This is not the case with gold. Gold has always stayed as a very beneficial investment from a long time with no fear of losing its value. But things may change in the future Bitcoin is also being termed as virtual gold; why? Because what gold gave to people at some stage of life, today Bitcoin is doing that only with a faster speed and that thing is making them rich.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:48:57 PM

As we discuss here in the forum everyday, the main reason for BTC not to be taken seriously as digital money like it was invented are:
Do you think a ten thousand dollar valuation does not ring any bells to you,do you think it is not a serious digital money for anyone,one thing i do accept is that ,when i first started using bitcoin the zero cost of transactions and the fastness with which you could send money across the world attracted me ,things have changed now,but i really wish i could see bitcoin like i used to see in the past,with lower transaction fees and faster confirmation.
ardhigalau

Activity: 316

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:14:13 PM

How many times you heard some question ?
But the time goes by and I've been wondering if it really what a BTC today really is.

As we discuss here in the forum everyday, the main reason for BTC not to be taken seriously as digital money like it was invented are:

- its fee cost for lower transaction
- delay and time of the transaction to be approved
- its price that change constantly up
- it's not designed to accept so many transactions

What do you think ?
Do you hold like you holding the gol a decade ago ?

No, BTC is more than gold, more than money, more than all things in this world. It is transparent, it has a high level of security, it is able to slash the bank system slowly. It is the most sophisticated innovation I've ever seen.
tranhaop

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:24:38 PM

Yes, I think so, it's like new gold now, its price is now stable and growing, btc is very easy to trade and prices change constantly and fast.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:25:17 PM

How many times you heard some question ?
But the time goes by and I've been wondering if it really what a BTC today really is.

- its fee cost for lower transaction
- delay and time of the transaction to be approved
- its price that change constantly up
- it's not designed to accept so many transactions

What do you think ?
Do you hold like you holding the gol a decade ago ?

No, BTC is more than gold, more than money, more than all things in this world. It is transparent, it has a high level of security, it is able to slash the bank system slowly. It is the most sophisticated innovation I've ever seen.

Yes but at the core and with the whole scheme today, it's pretty much say same as gold, it's getting to be just as any other investment asset. Just look at what most of the users are doing, buying and holding and if you ask me that sounds more like an investment asset then a currency, yes someone might be using it as a currency but there surely someone out there that uses gold the same way, therefore... if you ask me, bitcoin today is an asset.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
luxcoin (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

Guard your privacy

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:49:50 AM

I don't think that comparing BTC to gold make sense .Both are two different investment assets with different features.The main reason due to which BTC is different from gold is it's volatility.There are a lot fluctuations seen in it's price whereas gold is known for holding it's value . The other reason is  the trust that people have on gold .It is difficult for BTC to gain that amount of trust .The growth of Bitcoin is higher than that of gold but bitcoin investments are more risky than gold investments .So I don't think they should be compared to each other.

However nowadays we see that people buy it to hold it like gold was used to. So they don't buy BTC to spend it as use it as digital currency because everyone knows about its scalable issue and the high fees for small transaction - so they hold it to gain for he future. In this way I see it like Gold.

BY the way, I'm not referring to speculators - for them everything is the same  Shocked

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
DeepVault
Blockchain File Signatures
deeponion.org
luxcoin (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

Guard your privacy

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:50:36 AM

But gold has numerous difference uses instead of just being a store of value or for transactions, gold price will indefinitely rise quite a bit in the future and to me i think would feel safer holding $10,000 worth in gold

So, why are you here ?   Grin Grin Cheesy

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
DeepVault
Blockchain File Signatures
deeponion.org
wilhb81

Activity: 224

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:55:50 AM

It's very hard to put Bitcoin and gold into comparison, as both of them are actually different in many aspects:

Bitcoin:

• Decentralized
    Digital currency
    You can obtain it in many ways (by GPU mining, faucets, offering services, trading online etc)
Gold:

• Centralized
    Metal commodity
    You can obtain it by buying and keeping them (physical gold) or online (virtual gold)

________Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency________
█████████ ██ ███ ██      PUNDI X      ██ ███ ██ █████████
Whitepaper      Twitter      Facebook      Telegram      Medium      Youtube
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: